Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,356 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim (15166 Views)

Dana Air Flight ‎537 Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – A Passenger’s Ordeal. / Dana Air-crash Memorial Arcade (Pictures) / FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim by dabraska: 8:45am On Jun 13, 2013
Ref: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday

Our attention has been drawn to an online report suggesting that a Dana Air aircraft had an air return shortly after take-off from MMA2 on Monday, 10th June,2013.

Firstly, we wish to state that this report is false and totally misleading. As can be verified by the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) and the National Airspace Management Agency (NAMA), at no time was a faulty Dana Air aircraft airborne. The flight crew on flt.9J-357 on the said date, upon noticing a snag on the aircraft, cancelled the flight in line with global best practices and called for a replacement aircraft which eventually ferried all 44 guests to Abuja safely.

Secondly, we wish to clarify that while aircraft in the service of local and international airlines do experience snags, they are not returned to service until the reported snags have been rectified and the aircraft recertified by the regulatory authority; this is the standard practice globally. For the records too, Air Returns are not uncommon in the global aviation industry and, when they occur, are done as a precautionary safety measure.

At Dana Air, the safety and comfort of our guests and crew is a priority and we would continue to go the extra mile to deliver reliable, world-class air transport services to our esteemed guests.

Thank you.

Dana Air Management
www.facebook.com/DanaAir

In as much as I feel indifferent about Dana Air, was also wondering how a plane could go up and then come down. Not like this is Hollywood. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim by Afam4eva(m): 9:33am On Jun 13, 2013
Oya, let's hear from the Nairalander.

1 Like

Re: Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim by movein: 9:34am On Jun 13, 2013
Who come dey lie now? Shey na OP or DANA crew?
Re: Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim by sambony4luv(m): 9:34am On Jun 13, 2013
Kool
Re: Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim by iyatrustee(f): 9:34am On Jun 13, 2013
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed wanted to know how it feels to be FTC but hey, it was not meant to happen today smiley
Re: Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim by victorazy(m): 9:34am On Jun 13, 2013
Where is it mentioned that it was NL that spread the news? NL and its big dream grin grin grin Arik remain my best dou is expensive but I no mind cuz "Ndu ka-ego".
Oya Eneze1, The Ripper make una dey folo folo me my ppl.

1 Like

Re: Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim by Onyenna(m): 9:35am On Jun 13, 2013
.....K....... I pray no such thing occurs....
Re: Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim by nekaa(f): 9:35am On Jun 13, 2013
One and the same to me.
Re: Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim by Decapo: 9:35am On Jun 13, 2013
Wat do u want them to say b4?

1 Like

Re: Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim by theripper3: 9:35am On Jun 13, 2013
Who we go believe now?
Re: Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim by Eneze1(f): 9:35am On Jun 13, 2013
why are people reserving space with full stop? Nairalanders u never cease to amaze me

1 Like

Re: Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim by 5much(m): 9:36am On Jun 13, 2013
We don hear.
Re: Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim by thrugemaster(m): 9:36am On Jun 13, 2013
who we go believe........ Anyway, Nah God dey protect
Re: Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim by kreamidiva(f): 9:38am On Jun 13, 2013
Good job Dana Air! U were quick to rebut dis one.how about rebutting the fact dat it's only a handful of the deceased's relatives dat have received compensation from u ppl after one year.biko u ppl should compensate d people u killed their loved ones.datsall

3 Likes

Re: Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim by nativedoctor(m): 9:38am On Jun 13, 2013
Still would rather walk to Nepal than fly Dana

2 Likes

Re: Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim by kponkedenge(m): 9:39am On Jun 13, 2013
Ha na wa o so who con de talk true na. sad

1 Like

Re: Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim by Nobody: 9:40am On Jun 13, 2013
Afam4eva: Oya, let's hear from the Nairalander.
Afam please ban that poster(op) for reporting falsehood on this our holy forum. Do something with your sledgehammer please
Re: Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim by okoraforaboy: 9:40am On Jun 13, 2013
i need a wife oooooo

1 Like

Re: Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim by Aafulenu(f): 9:40am On Jun 13, 2013
so nairaland don get mouth like this? that good cheesy cheesy
Re: Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim by yuzedo: 9:41am On Jun 13, 2013
Y'all should leave Dana Air alone. In my experience of flying local, they have the BEST service.

And their airhostesses are all FINE, with big brezz, and ice-cream laps. ALL of them! Therefore, they are no.1!

Last year's crash was just unfortunate. Please I need to see more of those sweet yellow aunty's that serve me snacks and rub my b...elly during flight. wink

3 Likes

Re: Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim by lifestyle1(m): 9:42am On Jun 13, 2013
embarassed
Re: Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim by CrazyMan(m): 9:43am On Jun 13, 2013
kreami diva: Good job Dana Air! U were quick to rebut dis one.how about rebutting the fact dat it's only a handful of the deceased's relatives dat have received compensation from u ppl after one year.biko u ppl should compensate d people u killed their loved ones.datsall
Stick to the issue on ground.

Their reputation was at stake as a result of the thread that guy started...therefore it would be right for them to defend themselves.
Re: Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim by Eneze1(f): 9:43am On Jun 13, 2013
victorazy:
".
Oya Eneze1, The Ripper make una dey folo folo me my ppl.

hmmmmmm
Re: Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim by sayso: 9:43am On Jun 13, 2013
At least their attention was drawn to people concerns.
Re: Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim by Feedmemore(f): 9:44am On Jun 13, 2013
The nairalander should come up and clearify the matter, it is not enough to make baseless allegation and disappear.
Re: Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim by Chamber10(m): 9:45am On Jun 13, 2013
yuzedo: Y'all should leave Dana Air alone. In my experience of flying local, they have the BEST service.

And their airhostesses are all FINE, with big brezz, and ice-cream laps. ALL of them! Therefore, they are no.1!

Last year's crash was just unfortunate. Please I need to see more of those sweet yellow aunty's that serve me snacks and rub my b...elly during flight. wink

Must you sound immoral all the time? Because of your comments I stopped my children from visiting Nairaland angry angry

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Takes A Tour Of The Recently Completed Lagos City Train (Video) / Is This Extortion By The Nigeria Post Office? / Insecurity: Abuja-Kaduna railway passengers rise by 270%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.