Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,980 members, 7,817,888 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

White Lady Asked What The Slang, 'JAPA', Means. See This Nigerian Response! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / White Lady Asked What The Slang, 'JAPA', Means. See This Nigerian Response! (1436 Views)

A Nigerian Response To AU's Temporary Reversal Of Israel’s Observer Status / Buhari Aide, Garba Shehu Mocks Oby Ezekwesili Asked "What Is Oby?" / Omoyele Sowore Want To Become The Next President By All Means. - See (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

White Lady Asked What The Slang, 'JAPA', Means. See This Nigerian Response! by sammyscholar(m): 4:58pm On Dec 21, 2022
Despite the supposedly negative connotation that the word, JAPA, carries against Nigeria (people leaving on the ground of hardship and insecurity for a better life abroad), see how this brilliant and patriotic Nigerian answered the white diplomat when she asked what the meaning of JAPA is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXqPBdS-xas

1 Like 1 Share

Re: White Lady Asked What The Slang, 'JAPA', Means. See This Nigerian Response! by ZIKORAMAMACHI: 5:07pm On Dec 21, 2022
Interesting

2 Likes

Re: White Lady Asked What The Slang, 'JAPA', Means. See This Nigerian Response! by James39: 5:29pm On Dec 21, 2022
sammyscholar:
Despite the supposedly negative connotation that the word, JAPA, carries against Nigeria (people leaving on the ground of hardship and insecurity for a better life abroad), see how this brilliant and patriotic Nigerian answered the white diplomat when she asked what the meaning of JAPA is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXqPBdS-xas

This guy is so sophisticated grin

2 Likes

Re: White Lady Asked What The Slang, 'JAPA', Means. See This Nigerian Response! by sammyscholar(m): 5:36pm On Dec 21, 2022
James39:

This guy is so sophisticated grin
I respect that guy!

3 Likes

Re: White Lady Asked What The Slang, 'JAPA', Means. See This Nigerian Response! by sammyscholar(m): 6:13pm On Dec 21, 2022
ZIKORAMAMACHI:
Interesting
quite interesting!

1 Like

Re: White Lady Asked What The Slang, 'JAPA', Means. See This Nigerian Response! by Karleb(m): 7:48pm On Dec 21, 2022
JAPA is a term that describes a young Nigerian, usually below the age of 40, whose will and desire is to leave Nigeria (including Africa) and migrate permanently to a developed country. Usually because they just can't take the bullshit no more.

undecided undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: White Lady Asked What The Slang, 'JAPA', Means. See This Nigerian Response! by backnbeta(f): 8:04pm On Dec 21, 2022
We export entrepreneurial spirit, skills...products... including ourselves grin

2 Likes

Re: White Lady Asked What The Slang, 'JAPA', Means. See This Nigerian Response! by sammyscholar(m): 11:08am On Dec 22, 2022
Karleb:
JAPA is a term that describes a young Nigerian, usually below the age of 40, whose will and desire is to leave Nigeria (including Africa) and migrate permanently to a developed country. Usually because they just can't take the bullshit no more.

undecided undecided
Is this what you would have said if you were the one answering the white lady?
Re: White Lady Asked What The Slang, 'JAPA', Means. See This Nigerian Response! by Googledotcom: 11:16am On Dec 22, 2022
Chai ! If like say I know na 1994 I for Japa o, I bin dey hope say Naija go better. Now see me na.

But small hope dey sha, let's see what will happen when Peter Obi becomes the president.
Re: White Lady Asked What The Slang, 'JAPA', Means. See This Nigerian Response! by sammyscholar(m): 11:27am On Dec 22, 2022
Googledotcom:
Chai ! If like say I know na 1994 I for Japa o, I bin dey hope say Naija go better. Now see me na.

But small hope dey sha, let's see what will happen when Peter Obi becomes the president.
You can still Japa now.
Re: White Lady Asked What The Slang, 'JAPA', Means. See This Nigerian Response! by Karleb(m): 12:07pm On Dec 22, 2022
Googledotcom:

People said this in 2015. grin
Re: White Lady Asked What The Slang, 'JAPA', Means. See This Nigerian Response! by Karleb(m): 12:07pm On Dec 22, 2022
sammyscholar:
Is this what you would have said if you were the one answering the white lady?

Probably.
Re: White Lady Asked What The Slang, 'JAPA', Means. See This Nigerian Response! by sammyscholar(m): 12:57pm On Dec 22, 2022
Karleb:

Probably.
I don't like that approach, sha.
Re: White Lady Asked What The Slang, 'JAPA', Means. See This Nigerian Response! by Karleb(m): 1:10pm On Dec 22, 2022
sammyscholar:
I don't like that approach, sha.

No lele.
Re: White Lady Asked What The Slang, 'JAPA', Means. See This Nigerian Response! by LILTJAY: 2:21pm On Dec 22, 2022
japa is a Yoruba word.. cool God bless Yorubas cool

(1) (Reply)

Anambra Senator Denies Endorsing Obi, Says LP Stands No Chance / Why Tinubu's Chicago Degree Certificate Carries Female Gender / Obidients On Nairaland And Other Platforms, You All Are Not Serious

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.