Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,322 members, 7,829,797 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Sambo: Port Harcourt-Maiduguri Eastern Rail Line No Longer Feasible - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Sambo: Port Harcourt-Maiduguri Eastern Rail Line No Longer Feasible (21446 Views)

Port Harcourt-Aba-Maiduguri Eastern Railway Corridor Construction Speeds Up / Eastern Rail Operations: NRC Loses N1.04bn In 5yrs / Lagos-Ibadan Railway: 2018 No Longer Feasible, Fixes New Date For Completion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sambo: Port Harcourt-Maiduguri Eastern Rail Line No Longer Feasible by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 21, 2022
But it's feasible to contruct from Abuja Maiduguri to Niger republic
Re: Sambo: Port Harcourt-Maiduguri Eastern Rail Line No Longer Feasible by intruder15(m): 8:46pm On Dec 21, 2022
JoeNL22:
Don't worry. Obi will make it over-feasible

But the question remains!. Why embark on a project you can't complete, talkless of funding it?

My solution: get private investors to finance the project and give them a cut from the profits generated within a particular period of time. I.e 12 years.

You wise pass federal government

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sambo: Port Harcourt-Maiduguri Eastern Rail Line No Longer Feasible by Topshow2010(m): 8:52pm On Dec 21, 2022
ecolime:

He's been retired already. When last have you heard from him since the APC primaries?

Don't wine with the devil dem no go hear. APC will use and dump you.

Where are the likes of Rochas, Umayi, Akpabio, etc. today?

You are wrong on this even though I don't really like APC as a whole , u shud rather say Buhari will use and dump you. Bubu is a selfish , ethnocentric and wicked fellow who don't give damn on others as long as it didn't affect him or his family member. The man really destroyed d party...... undecided
Re: Sambo: Port Harcourt-Maiduguri Eastern Rail Line No Longer Feasible by Apiapia1ofMbano: 9:08pm On Dec 21, 2022
Kai another APC led Rotimi Amaechi Initiated Muhamadou Buhari under-scored Rail Transportation development cut-off for Rivers, Bayelsa, Cross Rivers, Akwa-Ibom, Imo, Abia, Enugu, Anambra, and Ebonyi State.
Labour Party Peter Obi Higher Higher O
Re: Sambo: Port Harcourt-Maiduguri Eastern Rail Line No Longer Feasible by JOemmy(m): 9:14pm On Dec 21, 2022
Good why link the east to maduiguri a bokoharam infested territory instead of lagos? I don't see the economic value.
Re: Sambo: Port Harcourt-Maiduguri Eastern Rail Line No Longer Feasible by JOemmy(m): 9:17pm On Dec 21, 2022
JoeNL22:
Don't worry. Obi will make it over-feasible

But the question remains!. Why embark on a project you can't complete, talkless of funding it?

My solution: get private investors to finance the project and give them a cut from the profits generated within a particular period of time. I.e 12 years.

I don't even think obi will continue with it he will rather prefer to use the money to link lagos to east that makes more economics sense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sambo: Port Harcourt-Maiduguri Eastern Rail Line No Longer Feasible by CLRF: 9:21pm On Dec 21, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Forget ASC. Forget it completely

Its coming back when we're ready for it.
Re: Sambo: Port Harcourt-Maiduguri Eastern Rail Line No Longer Feasible by okechuks22: 9:27pm On Dec 21, 2022
BOLATINUBU01:
Is not necessary

God bless PMB
God bless ASIWAJU BOLA AHMED TINUBU
God purnish buhari punish asiwaju Tinubu
Re: Sambo: Port Harcourt-Maiduguri Eastern Rail Line No Longer Feasible by AmazingELixir: 9:28pm On Dec 21, 2022
undecided

Amaechi that Ubima lizard did this to his state...
Re: Sambo: Port Harcourt-Maiduguri Eastern Rail Line No Longer Feasible by greatefa1011(m): 9:30pm On Dec 21, 2022
I knew it will surely end this way.
Re: Sambo: Port Harcourt-Maiduguri Eastern Rail Line No Longer Feasible by robosky02(m): 9:31pm On Dec 21, 2022
Into blame them

Na him neck I won press

Re: Sambo: Port Harcourt-Maiduguri Eastern Rail Line No Longer Feasible by JoeNL22(m): 9:32pm On Dec 21, 2022
JOemmy:

I don't even think obi will continue with it he will rather prefer to use the money to link lagos to east that makes more economics sense.
He should explore all opportunities to move Nigeria forward
Re: Sambo: Port Harcourt-Maiduguri Eastern Rail Line No Longer Feasible by airsaylongcome: 9:37pm On Dec 21, 2022
CLRF:

Its coming back when we're ready for it.

It’s an antique. A relic. The technology there is too outdated for anyone to think of reviving it. I was raised in DSC and saw a steel plant In production. DSC and ASC were never setup to be proper businesses. Spending money revamping any of them will be an exercise in futility. The business model has to be fixed first. And government can have absolutely NO PART in it. NLNG style is the only way to have a successful steel company and not any attempts at white elephant projects

2 Likes

Re: Sambo: Port Harcourt-Maiduguri Eastern Rail Line No Longer Feasible by countryman13: 9:58pm On Dec 21, 2022
[quote author=Nemere2020 post=119327797]

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/breaking-eastern-rail-corridor-no-longer-feasible-fg/

[/quote
What about that of Niger?
Useless people serving useless government!
Re: Sambo: Port Harcourt-Maiduguri Eastern Rail Line No Longer Feasible by SeeItSayIt: 10:06pm On Dec 21, 2022
Amaechi has been scammed after he decided to sold his conscience for a penny. He shall lick his wound forever....

Re: Sambo: Port Harcourt-Maiduguri Eastern Rail Line No Longer Feasible by COMPAQ(m): 10:19pm On Dec 21, 2022
Akinsete19:
Lol, maybe China refused to give them a loan

That is exactly what happened. China's economy has suffered a bit in the last 3years due to multiple COVID related shutdowns,so they are not feeling as generous as the used to be .
Re: Sambo: Port Harcourt-Maiduguri Eastern Rail Line No Longer Feasible by KingMack(m): 10:23pm On Dec 21, 2022
DaddyFreeze2020:
The Japaneese, Germans and Chineese can construct Railway lines from places like Maiduguri to Lagos in less than 12 months.

Governance in Nigeria is rather filled with lack of determination by politicians to undertake and execute massive projects.

My bro..I feel your plight..but the truth is I can remember while in Porthacourt I saw houses and even shops dominating where rail lines are..the north are smart they know the relevance of rail lines and that's why they only them benefitting most of this projects..jus like most of us ranting for change but the northern youths knows the usefulness of having a pVC angry
Re: Sambo: Port Harcourt-Maiduguri Eastern Rail Line No Longer Feasible by erospecial: 10:30pm On Dec 21, 2022
Rotimi Amaechi is more useless than GEJ
Re: Sambo: Port Harcourt-Maiduguri Eastern Rail Line No Longer Feasible by COMPAQ(m): 10:44pm On Dec 21, 2022
JOemmy:

This argument for the Lagos to East railway is mainly on sentiment. In reality it does not make as much economic sense. Trains are viable and profitable for goods,not passengers. Igbo people,even as often as they go home cannot make it viable. Since there are ports in Warri,PH, Uyo and Calabar, why must my goods come to Lagos port, then I use Lagos PH rail to take my goods to Aba, when they should be going to PH or Calabar port directly.

The rail is more important to head inland,not along the coast.
Re: Sambo: Port Harcourt-Maiduguri Eastern Rail Line No Longer Feasible by EverGrand: 10:50pm On Dec 21, 2022
DaddyFreeze2020:
The Japaneese, Germans and Chineese can construct Railway lines from places like Maiduguri to Lagos in less than 12 months.

Governance in Nigeria is rather filled with lack of determination by politicians to undertake and execute massive projects.

Don't worry, the new govt would introduce Operation Komodo Dragon Blitz.
You will fear determination.
Re: Sambo: Port Harcourt-Maiduguri Eastern Rail Line No Longer Feasible by Napata77: 12:43am On Dec 22, 2022
Grgton:
But it's feasible to contruct from Abuja Maiduguri to Niger republic

Because the people in Niger are not attacking the contractors and threatening them, like your IPOB traitors and criminals are doing in the East.

So YES. Niger Republic is more friendly to Nigeria than you are, so bye bye.
Re: Sambo: Port Harcourt-Maiduguri Eastern Rail Line No Longer Feasible by Nobody: 4:48am On Dec 22, 2022
Napata77:

Because the people in Niger are not attacking the contractors and threatening them, like your IPOB traitors and criminals are doing in the East.

what is this one talking about?? You quote me just to type this nonsense

Buhari should have equally constructed a rail line to Saudi Arabia or Afghanistan

Lol
Re: Sambo: Port Harcourt-Maiduguri Eastern Rail Line No Longer Feasible by Nobody: 4:50am On Dec 22, 2022
Napata77:

he has the military okay

Just coming out Now to say Eastern rail line construction is no longer feasible is just pure wickedness
Re: Sambo: Port Harcourt-Maiduguri Eastern Rail Line No Longer Feasible by Ameduedwin: 7:27am On Dec 22, 2022
The Northern Man is on the throne so don't expect less when it comes to something in the south.
Re: Sambo: Port Harcourt-Maiduguri Eastern Rail Line No Longer Feasible by deebrownneymar: 7:50am On Dec 22, 2022
Nemere2020:

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/breaking-eastern-rail-corridor-no-longer-feasible-fg/

Lagos did theirs without wrecking the future of unborn kids into generations. The FG wants to kill all of us with loans.
Re: Sambo: Port Harcourt-Maiduguri Eastern Rail Line No Longer Feasible by Nobody: 8:56am On Dec 22, 2022
Goo development, but the Niger Delta region has been shortchanged, the rail line from Kano to Maradi (over 200 kilometres) was built and it was no narrow guage. Off what economic significance is that rail? Zero It was built with money from the south south.

Dont blame them , blame the leaders of the south south for being too short sighted and foolish.
Re: Sambo: Port Harcourt-Maiduguri Eastern Rail Line No Longer Feasible by Kaycee9242(m): 10:07am On Dec 22, 2022
ecolime:

He's been retired already. When last have you heard from him since the APC primaries?

Don't wine with the devil dem no go hear. APC will use and dump you.

Where are the likes of Rochas, Umayi, Akpabio, etc. today?

You forgot to add Ogbonnaya Onu, even Ngige will soon join them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sambo: Port Harcourt-Maiduguri Eastern Rail Line No Longer Feasible by CLRF: 11:05am On Dec 22, 2022
airsaylongcome:

It’s an antique. A relic. The technology there is too outdated for anyone to think of reviving it

Most old steel plant hardly changes hardware equipment, so ASC can still work.
If the will power is there
Re: Sambo: Port Harcourt-Maiduguri Eastern Rail Line No Longer Feasible by airsaylongcome: 11:33am On Dec 22, 2022
CLRF:

Most old steel plant hardly changes hardware equipment, so ASC can still work.
If the will power is there

The ones in ASC barely ever worked. Where will you get serviceable spares today? Most old steel plants slowly undergo retrofitting were more modern equipments are installed over time to keep up with updates in tech. I know a lot has been sunk in ASC but throwing more money at it to get it to work is going to make it an ever bigger elephant project
Re: Sambo: Port Harcourt-Maiduguri Eastern Rail Line No Longer Feasible by Image123(m): 1:04pm On Dec 22, 2022
Napata77:

Very true, i wonder why or how most of the people that commented didn't note this obvious fact. You don't cut your nose to spite your face, but that's what ipob and the crew glory in. Kill your people, destroy government property, threaten everyone and then claim to be victims. Some are even blaming Ameachi, imagine. Someone they should be Blessing, our best transportation minister for a long time.
Re: Sambo: Port Harcourt-Maiduguri Eastern Rail Line No Longer Feasible by THEGALADIMA(m): 1:08pm On Dec 22, 2022
People like you are so unwise, the stretch of that
Project is so long and it is designed in such a way that it will benefit a number of states, so it is not
Just on a straight line, it goes through dense forest, urban areas, rivers, natural barriers and the likes so you need a lot of funds, time,preparations, even court injunctions especially for peoples properties that may be destroyed due to construction and obviously the senseless violence by our igbo brothers etc.
So stop being anti progress. Daftyyyy.

DaddyFreeze2020:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bayelsa Boat Accident: Body Of Corps Member And 3 Others Found / FG To Introduce Solar-Powered Keke And Motorcycles In 2019 / Lagos Port Complex Connected To Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.