Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,328 members, 7,836,394 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Is Boko Haram A Political Tool? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Boko Haram A Political Tool? (6412 Views)

How To Defeat Boko Haram: A Message To Nigerian Security Services / Finally, General Azazi Is Vindicated: Boko Haram Political Tool Of PDP / The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge In Lagos,a Political Tool (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Boko Haram A Political Tool? by dvee2: 12:03pm On Sep 01, 2011
I believe even the president have the same opinion with this writer that is why this boko haram menace will continue.that is he still look at boko haram as a political weapon by some powerful northern politicians/his enemies hence it will die with time, sorry mr president- BOKO HARAM IS A FANATICAL RELIGIOUS AND TERRORIST GROUP and you need to take on them immedietly. thinking it is a ploy by your enemies to make Nigeria ungovernable for you is being simply naive. BOKO HARAM WAS THEIR BEFORE YOUR PRESIDENCY,THEY ARE THE SAME GROUP DEALT WITH BY YARADUA.THEY HAVE REGROUPED AND NOW HAVE LINKS WITH ALQUEADA IN SUDAN. we are soo caught up with northern/southern political supremacy that we sometimes allow sentiment to becloud our reasoning.haba.
Re: Is Boko Haram A Political Tool? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Sep 01, 2011
^^^^
Being political in the sense that they question the authority of the presidency! You are the one bringing in the idea of them being used by some political elites. That can as well be part of the facts!
Re: Is Boko Haram A Political Tool? by hakanai(m): 12:43pm On Sep 01, 2011
LOL!SSPA cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin
Who should know better than the pioneer founding fathers of MEND.Atleast they know how and why they formed MEND.Its there common type of sense they are trying to transfer to meet there kinda view.
Even the Northern elites are weary and scared.They may have kept quiet not because they support them but probably because they have little vested interest in the current government too.They don't care since if they mind there own no harm will come to them both ways.Its more like i don't sponsor and support.Let me be.The more reason it is possible to tackle the situation.If all can be brought on board, not just the constant blaming of the north for everything.Demonizing all that is north,as if nothing bad exist in the south.When i say bring on board i mean pal together to up root the treat since it could be there common foe.I think if the elites support the group then this would have being child's play.The elite doesn't care that's all.Even at that is just some of them not all.I know alot of them are paddy paddy with GEJ and have no cause to worry or report his detractors to him straight up.That is if such significant support exist
I doubt if BH is political.Call it fanatically religious.Al-qaida has always had a crush for Nigeria.We also have extremists and a disgruntled sect in boko haram with strong ideology and a quest to cause mayhem.Such reasons are good qualities for recruitment.
Re: Is Boko Haram A Political Tool? by vedaxcool(m): 12:53pm On Sep 01, 2011
Boko Haram is a product of an Imbecilx incompetent president whose relies on fools to maintain his cursed tenure smiley
Re: Is Boko Haram A Political Tool? by Beaf: 1:34pm On Sep 01, 2011
maclatunji:

Is Beaf suggesting that Boko Haram will be given a free reign of terror once it can be proved that it is a political tool  shocked ? At this rate, the international community may decide to select a Prefect to oversee Nigeria before the incompetence of the country's leadership gets out of hand and starts to affect their interests negatively.

This is totally stup!d.
Where have I suggested anything on this thread?

Why do you tell lies so easily?
Re: Is Boko Haram A Political Tool? by maclatunji: 1:41pm On Sep 01, 2011
Beaf:

This is totally stup!d.
Where have I suggested anything on this thread?

Why do you tell lies so easily?

Okay, does it matter whether or not Boko Haram is a political tool? Their criminal deeds are known all over the world. Why not go and get them? Instead of asking whether they are political, mechanical, botanical, chemical or comical.
Re: Is Boko Haram A Political Tool? by Beaf: 1:43pm On Sep 01, 2011
maclatunji:

Okay, does it matter whether or not Boko Haram is a political tool? Their criminal deeds are known all over the world. Why not go and get them? Instead of asking whether they are political, mechanical, botanical, chemical or comical.

Yes it does matter, and thats why people like you get jittery and start lying like water when the question is raised.
If you think it doesn't matter, you would also think the same does not apply to al-qaeda.
Re: Is Boko Haram A Political Tool? by maclatunji: 1:48pm On Sep 01, 2011
Excuse me? Get jittery over what? In one instant you dissociate yourself from the implication of making a criminal issue a big political deal. Next, you are saying that it is actually political and people are afraid. Afraid of what?
Re: Is Boko Haram A Political Tool? by Gbenge77(m): 1:52pm On Sep 01, 2011
Apparently.
Re: Is Boko Haram A Political Tool? by Beaf: 1:58pm On Sep 01, 2011
haka_nai:

LOL!SSPA  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin
Who should know better than the pioneer founding fathers of MEND.Atleast they know how and why they formed MEND.Its there common type of sense they are trying to transfer to meet there kinda view.
Even the Northern elites are weary and scared.They may have kept quiet not because they support them but probably because they have little vested interest in the current government too.They don't care since if they mind there own no harm will come to them both ways.Its more like i don't sponsor and support.Let me be.The more reason it is possible to tackle the situation.If all can be brought on board, not just the constant blaming of the north for everything.Demonizing all that is north,as if nothing bad exist in the south.When i say bring on board i mean pal together to up root the treat since it could be there common foe.I think if the elites support the group then this would have being child's play.The elite doesn't care that's all.Even at that is just some of them not all.I know alot of them are paddy paddy with GEJ and have no cause  to worry or report his detractors to him straight up.That is if such significant support exist
I doubt if BH is political.Call it fanatically religious.Al-qaida has always had a crush for Nigeria.We also have extremists and a disgruntled sect in boko haram with strong ideology and a quest to cause mayhem.Such reasons are good qualities for recruitment.

MEND was created by ND people, nobody even bothers to argue the fact.
Why would grown adults argue that boko haram is not a core-Northern, extremist Islam terrorist thing?

Boko haram is a political tool, just as al-qaeda is. The political nature of the quest is immediately obvious from their quest for an Islamic country based on sharia.
That it is a tool created by the core-Northern elite can be gleaned from the way its leaders were murdered from orders from high up.
We can argue even further that the bombing of the UN ties in more with the the threats from core-Northern leaders to make Nigeria ungovernable than it does with any religious goals.
More than anything, history has thrown up certain recurring facts about how religion is used as a political tool by the core-Northern elite, examples abound; before the elections, people were openly told in the mosques and on street corners not to vote for an infidel; sharia was brought in to checkmate Obasanjo when refused to dance to the core-Northern tune (that anger remains as evidenced from IBB's recent outburst).

Yes, boko haram is a political tool. I am afraid though, that with the involvement of al-qaeda, the snake is about to bite its charmer.
Re: Is Boko Haram A Political Tool? by Beaf: 1:59pm On Sep 01, 2011
maclatunji:

Excuse me? Get jittery over what? In one instant you dissociate yourself from the implication of making a criminal issue a big political deal. Next, you are saying that it is actually political and people are afraid. Afraid of what?

Why is it that your posts always strive so hard to be unintelligent?
Its a mystery.
Re: Is Boko Haram A Political Tool? by maclatunji: 2:06pm On Sep 01, 2011
Beaf:

Why is it that your posts always strive so hard to be unintelligent?
Its a mystery.

Coming from you, I will take it as a compliment.
Re: Is Boko Haram A Political Tool? by maclatunji: 2:15pm On Sep 01, 2011
It seems you are not getting it Beaf. You are no longer in opposition. You cannot be using opposition tactics whilst still in government. Okay, the GEJ administration is being opposed by powerful forces in the North. Question is: what is the government doing about it apart from whining and playing to the gallery?

My little experience of public office is that people appreciate sincere and genuine efforts to make their lives better!

Tell GEJ to be brave, do the right thing for Nigerians and leave the 2015 elections in the hands of God without scheming or trying to manipulate the country to his advantage and we can begin to sing his praises and can even be friends!
Re: Is Boko Haram A Political Tool? by nagoma(m): 2:34pm On Sep 01, 2011
It seems you are not getting it Beaf. You are no longer in opposition. You cannot be using opposition tactics whilst still in government. Okay, the GEJ administration is being opposed by powerful forces in the North. Question is: what is the government doing about it apart from whining and playing to the gallery?

My little experience of public office is that people appreciate sincere and genuine efforts to make their lives better!

Tell GEJ to be brave, do the right thing for Nigerians and leave the 2015 elections in the hands of God without scheming or trying to manipulate the country to his advantage and we can begin to sing his praises and can even be friends!

Sounds positive.
Re: Is Boko Haram A Political Tool? by maclatunji: 2:38pm On Sep 01, 2011
I attack a lot but it is not personal. Just want my country to be better without the tag of 'unfulfilled potential'. I am of the firm opinion that we should stop giving excuses for our government. It does not mean I hate anybody as a person. wink
Re: Is Boko Haram A Political Tool? by Beaf: 2:48pm On Sep 01, 2011
maclatunji:

Suddenly, he admits its political! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Why the descent to outright lies and foolish talk earlier then?
Re: Is Boko Haram A Political Tool? by aljharem3: 2:53pm On Sep 01, 2011
maclatunji:

the problem is why are this northern leaders bombing the north insisited of abuja

my people are dying just because of power

have they forgotten that Allah is one who gives and takes power away at will

they should stop killing northerners and go to abuja if they must. the cost of power in this blood shed is too much
Re: Is Boko Haram A Political Tool? by maclatunji: 3:01pm On Sep 01, 2011
Beaf:

Suddenly, he admits its political! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Why the descent to outright lies and foolish talk earlier then?

Your logic is wack, I oppose many of the policies of GEJ and his administration, does that make me a Boko Haram member? Is Buhari not from the North, does that make him a Boko Haram member? Your thinking processes are obviously problematic!

You are still missing the point. The fact that GEJ is being faced by powerful people in the North does not mean they are Boko Haram members. It just means that they do not like the man in power and his policies. It is obviously different from criminal activity as I have highlighted severally in this thread.
Re: Is Boko Haram A Political Tool? by maclatunji: 3:03pm On Sep 01, 2011
It is criminal for you to say a crime is political and as such you will not deal with it whilst you are in power. It is nothing short of insanity.
Re: Is Boko Haram A Political Tool? by maclatunji: 3:05pm On Sep 01, 2011
Since, you are short of memory let me refresh:

Is Beaf suggesting that Boko Haram will be given a free reign of terror once it can be proved that it is a political tool  shocked? At this rate, the international community may decide to select a Prefect to oversee Nigeria before the incompetence of the country's leadership gets out of hand and starts to affect their interests negatively.
Re: Is Boko Haram A Political Tool? by maclatunji: 3:10pm On Sep 01, 2011
alj_harem:

the problem is why are this northern leaders bombing the north insisited of abuja

my people are dying just because of power

have they forgotten that Allah is one who gives and takes power away at will

they should stop killing northerners and go to abuja if they must. the cost of power in this blood shed is too much

I suppose going by your logic 'this northern leaders' were also trying to undermine Yar'adua that is why they created Boko Haram during his tenure and almost turned the North upside down. Forget Beaf's appeal to tribal sentiments. You have a criminal problem here. Deal with it as such!
Re: Is Boko Haram A Political Tool? by proudly9ja(m): 3:23pm On Sep 01, 2011
Since we are in the mood to ask questions, can we also ask 'is MEND a political tool'? What about OPC ?

Truth is, no matter what they are, we have handed our Nation into the hands of GEJ and his govt. We need them to stand by the words of the constitution they swore by on May 29 and protect the citizenry. Failure to do this is breach of trust and incompetence.

After September 11, George Bush (considered as 'dumb' by Americans themselves), did not blame it on political foes neither did he see it as a 'global phenomenon'. He dealt with the situation. And since then, as big as America is, we have not witnessed an attack on them. Same thing in the UK.

On Oct 1 last year, we had our own bombing. Rather than deal with it, our leaders blamed Dokpesi then later blamed IBB and then Atiku. All the while MEND had claimed responsibility. Other groups saw this incompetence of our leaders and security forces and are now taking advantage to cause havoc and rather than deal with it, we are blaming politicians again.

If it is politically motivated, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, go ahead and deal with the people behind it. We are still waiting for the people behind the election mayhem to be brought to book. We are waiting for the people behind the abuja barracks bombing to be brought to book. Stop spending time on facebook and nairaland. Go do your work.
Re: Is Boko Haram A Political Tool? by Eziachi: 3:27pm On Sep 01, 2011
Toks2008:

My question is" If Buhari or Atiku happens to be our present head of states,will there be any attacks from BOKO MADNESS?"
Whether its Buhari, Atiku or anybody, Yes Boko Haram will still be present because Boko Haram was present too during Yar Adua but restricted their venom to Borno until federal govt killed their leader and they brought their war to them in Abuja.
Northern political elite are more afraid of Boko Haram than their southern counterparts. Go and ask Atiku, the last time he slept in Maiduguri due to Boko Haram.
I find it extremely difficult to understand how even young IPOD generation can still be manipulated this way in this 21st century by this inept govt of Nigeria?

Jonathan during the last election, managed to convince you people that you are not voting for PDP but him and now he is at it again, that BOKO HARAM is all about him. His own way of directing attention away from his incompetence rulership.

Al Qaeda has infiltrated into Nigeria through Boko Haram, instead of Jonathan to start in ernest to combat them, he kept telling people that Boko Haram was political tool against his presidency and funny enough some moronic Nigerians are buying this wicked spin all over again, just as they did during the fresh AIR nonsense.
WAKE UP PEOPLE- please!!
Re: Is Boko Haram A Political Tool? by dvee2: 4:49pm On Sep 01, 2011
Whether its Buhari, Atiku or anybody, Yes Boko Haram will still be present because Boko Haram was present too during Yar Adua but restricted their venom to Borno until federal govt killed their leader and they brought their war to them in Abuja.
Northern political elite are more afraid of Boko Haram than their southern counterparts. Go and ask Atiku, the last time he slept in Maiduguri due to Boko Haram.
I find it extremely difficult to understand how even young IPOD generation can still be manipulated this way in this 21st century by this inept govt of Nigeria?

Jonathan during the last election, managed to convince you people that you are not voting for PDP but him and now he is at it again, that BOKO HARAM is all about him. His own way of directing attention away from his incompetence rulership.

Al Qaeda has infiltrated into Nigeria through Boko Haram, instead of Jonathan to start in ernest to combat them, he kept telling people that Boko Haram was political tool against his presidency and funny enough some moronic Nigerians are buying this wicked spin all over again, just as they did during the fresh AIR nonsense.
WAKE UP PEOPLE- please!!

OMG spot on,you just spoke my mind.People think if you say the boko haram threat is politaical then Goodluck is off the hook.no it shows his incompetency.do you know the enormost power that the president of Nigeria holds?who are these powerful northern elite?are they more powerful than Nigeria.Goodluck swore to protect the sovereingty of the federal republic of Nigeria.hence the excuse that some powerful northern elite are making nigeria ungovernable for him smacks of gross incompetency.
BOKO HARAM IS ARADICAL,TERRORIST GROUP.the sooner we begin to treat them as such the better for Nigeria. Aword is enough for the wise. WHERE WHERE OUR INTELLIGENT AGENCY WHEN BOKO HARAM WERE TAKING ADVANTAGE AND RECRUITING CHILDREN OF THE POOR ACCROSS NORTHERN NIGERIA. Our generation must be objective for Nigeria to move on
Re: Is Boko Haram A Political Tool? by Beaf: 5:20pm On Sep 01, 2011
Eziachi:

[b]Al Qaeda [/b]has infiltrated into Nigeria through Boko Haram, instead of Jonathan to start in ernest to combat them, he kept telling people that Boko Haram was political tool against his presidency and funny enough some moronic Nigerians are buying this wicked spin all over again, just as they did during the fresh AIR nonsense.
WAKE UP PEOPLE- please!!

Abeg, try to talk reasonably. Is Al Qaeda not a political tool? Do you really understand what the term, political tool means?
You were there too, justifying the post-election riots even when your own people were deliberately targeted and slaugtered. Keep on defending Atiku.

Every terrorist group is a political tool. Today, we have Al Qaeda in Nigeria, precisely because people like behave as if they are not Nigerians, blaming others for the very problems that you are causing.
Some Nigerians will continue arguing blindly even when the truth stares them in the face.
Re: Is Boko Haram A Political Tool? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 01, 2011
maclatunji:

I suppose going by your logic 'this northern leaders' were also trying to undermine Yar'adua that is why they created Boko Haram during his tenure and almost turned the North upside down. Forget Beaf's appeal to tribal sentiments. You have a criminal problem here. Deal with it as such!

They are Jihadists abeg, stop lying.

You know what you guys are up to !!!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Boko Haram A Political Tool? by Eziachi: 5:56pm On Sep 01, 2011
Beaf:

Abeg, try to talk reasonably. Is Al Qaeda not a political tool? Do you really understand what the term, political tool means?
You were there too, justifying the post-election riots even when your own people were deliberately targeted and slaugtered. Keep on defending Atiku.

Every terrorist group is a political tool. Today, we have Al Qaeda in Nigeria, precisely because people like behave as if they are not Nigerians, blaming others for the very problems that you are causing.
Some Nigerians will continue arguing blindly even when the truth stares them in the face.
You seem to thrive in using sentiment to achieve your goals. Only few months ago your big slogan was Vote Jonathan not PDP. I wonder where that is at the moment?
Can you now define what you now means by political?
When you and those that believe in your theory talk about Boko Haram being political, you tells us its because their agenda is to make Nigerian ungovernable for Jonathan courtesy of northern politicians. Now you want to convince us that Al Qaeda too are not religious bigots and nuts but political tool. Al Qaeda is Political tool of who in particular?

Your propaganda during the election is well documented and you need to be reminded that the election is well and truly over months ago, its now time to deliver on the promises.
Since you had nothing to offer those you promised fresh air, you want us to believe that the Al Qaeda backed Boko Haram came into existence because of Goodluck Jonathan. Well, lets buy your theory, so tell your man at Aso Rock to please deal with it, he is the commander-in-chief of the armed forces.
Re: Is Boko Haram A Political Tool? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Sep 01, 2011
Are there different methods to catch criminals if it is political or religious?
Re: Is Boko Haram A Political Tool? by bouzymill2: 6:46pm On Sep 01, 2011
frosbel:

They are Jihadists abeg, stop lying.

You know what you guys are up to !!!!! grin grin grin grin

Your ignorance is always obvious when people are arguing constructively. You just open your mouth to say the first thing that comes into your mind.
Re: Is Boko Haram A Political Tool? by bouzymill2: 7:00pm On Sep 01, 2011
stillwater:

Now this is a good point to wake these guys up from their "offside" argument. The question, "is it political or religious?" has almost nothing to do with the criminal act these guys have committed. You can ask that question as a political analyst just to be able to make sense out of the political atmosphere in Nigeria. not neccesarily using it as a weapon to defend the stupidity of the government.  The fact that someone says it's political doesn't mean it is no more a criminal act. it doesn't mean there's another method of arresting the culprits. it is also not an excuse for the federal government.

They have killed people unjustly and as such, the government should take a bold step in finding an end to it. The intention, political or religious doesn't really matter in interpreting the law.

My opinion.
Re: Is Boko Haram A Political Tool? by Beaf: 7:02pm On Sep 01, 2011
Eziachi:

You seem to thrive in using sentiment to achieve your goals. Only few months ago your big slogan was Vote Jonathan not PDP. I wonder where that is at the moment?
Can you now define what you now means by political?
When you and those that believe in your theory talk about Boko Haram being political, you tells us its because their agenda is to make Nigerian ungovernable for Jonathan courtesy of northern politicians. Now you want to convince us that Al Qaeda too are not religious bigots and nuts but political tool. Al Qaeda is Political tool of who in particular?

Your propaganda during the election is well documented and you need to be reminded that the election is well and truly over months ago, its now time to deliver on the promises.
Since you had nothing to offer those you promised fresh air, you want us to believe that the Al Qaeda backed Boko Haram came into existence because of Goodluck Jonathan. Well, lets buy your theory, so tell your man at Aso Rock to please deal with it, he is the commander-in-chief of the armed forces.

If you remain steadfast in the forlorn argument that al qaeda is not political, then how can anyone define the term "political" to you?
Do you think al qaeda is trying to spread Islam when they help al shabab? Everyone knows that Somalia is already a Muslim country.
Maybe you think their operations in Yemen are also to spread their religion to the Yemeni as well.

What would you imagine al qaeda's interest in Nigeria to be? Spreading Islam? You got jokes, sir.

Dude, your argument has no foundation. Give it up.
Re: Is Boko Haram A Political Tool? by Beaf: 7:05pm On Sep 01, 2011
stillwater:

There are different ways to tackle the underlying malaise.
In this case, the malaise is political, it is the born to rule attitude some have. It needs to be tackled, quartered, diced and flushed down the toilet.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Balarabe, Utomi, Others To Protest Against Soldiers In Lagos Today / My Experience (Igbo Man) With Some Plateau State Indigènes / Stay Courageous And Defend Nigeria’s Democracy, Dr Jennifer Abubakar Task Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.