Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,988 members, 7,835,314 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

Behold - Nigeria Most Expensive Neighbourhood - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Behold - Nigeria Most Expensive Neighbourhood (27234 Views)

The Most Expensive Garden Street In Owerri / 15 Most Expensive Hotel Rooms In Nigeria / The 5 Most Expensive Places To Live In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Behold - Nigeria Most Expensive Neighbourhood by ak47mann(m): 4:11pm On Sep 02, 2011
moremi2008:

Super-luxury properties in developed countries have a LOT more to offer than running water, electricity and sewage systems. They typically offer stunning views of world landmarks, convenient location to global trade centers and/or direct access to world-class recreational facilities like golf courses or private beaches in choice locations.

What exactly does an apartment on Banana Island offer to justify a $2million price tag? Which sane person with legally-earned money would pay the same sum for an apartment in a mega-slumlike Lagos and an apartment overlooking Central Park in NYC? The valuations make no bleeping sense whatsoever!
you are correct that the whole point, am trying to educate them cheesy my friend he an estate developer in London a Jewish guy and he told me that politicians and some rich Hausa guys from Nigeria buys apartments from him in places like Hyde park in central London for 2.6milion pounds cash so why cant they buy those apartment in Nigeria? example banana republic,cos they know that those apartment/houses in Nigeria don't have a well valued price, our economy is not stable for the past 20years and no infrastructure  in place to guarantee such value and some people with lack of exposure  are already praising and hyping what they don't really know about
Re: Behold - Nigeria Most Expensive Neighbourhood by Nobody: 4:47pm On Sep 02, 2011
That is too expensive for anybody to live in substandard buildings in the Banana Island.
Re: Behold - Nigeria Most Expensive Neighbourhood by GoldCircle: 5:06pm On Sep 02, 2011
many of the posters here do not have clue what this banana island looks like. can someone please upload the pics!

It's got an ocean view and like someone mentioned earlier, better to have it here in Naija ('cos this is where the bread is made & you've got friends and family here also) than stashing the monies away in swiss banks where it won't generate employment nor redistribute wealth. No doubt, some local lawyers are earning cool legal fees from sale or rental of these properties. not to talk of construction workers and maintenance guys that work on the island 24/7. Do we need more islands and exotic havens like this in Naija? Yes of course! Are more places like this springing up in Naija?? Yes of course!!

well you may say they are over priced, but are the property owners complaining? NO.
Re: Behold - Nigeria Most Expensive Neighbourhood by baslone: 5:10pm On Sep 02, 2011
See them people don dey vex!!!

Hate them because they are everything you want to be!!!

After having been frustrated outta of your own country! You screaming on top of your voice blaming other people for your failure in life!!!

Please don't get mad! Pray for your turn and stop feeding us with all those "expensive slum", "it has port-holes,
bad drainage" "I paid $20000 for mine in US"!

Feed all those stories to the dogs!!!! Abeeeegggggi!!!!!
Re: Behold - Nigeria Most Expensive Neighbourhood by rovert: 5:49pm On Sep 02, 2011
I thought it was illegal to denominate anything in Nigeria in dollars? Sanusi where you dey? Hope say you dey hear wetin dem dey talk about pipo wen don go bananas?

Seriously, the rich in Nigeria have no imagination whatsoever, they should see what Bill Gates, Warren Buffet and co are doing with their wealth. They are like Richie Rich, the cartoon character, poor little rich folks!
Re: Behold - Nigeria Most Expensive Neighbourhood by alex406(m): 6:15pm On Sep 02, 2011
Our looted treasury flying around.`
Re: Behold - Nigeria Most Expensive Neighbourhood by Gbenge77(m): 7:01pm On Sep 02, 2011
Ruinously expensive.
Re: Behold - Nigeria Most Expensive Neighbourhood by franko2: 9:03pm On Sep 02, 2011
Any which way u view it, a place costing u upwards of USD$2m to buy, should at least reflect some of that value, else,

baslone:

See them people don dey vex!!!

Hate them because they are everything you want to be!!!

After having been frustrated outta of your own country! You screaming on top of your voice blaming other people for your failure in life!!!

Please don't get mad! Pray for your turn and stop feeding us with all those "expensive slum", "it has port-holes,
bad drainage" "I paid $20000 for mine in US"!

Feed all those stories to the dogs!!!! Abeeeegggggi!!!!!

, else we stand the risk of "knowing the price (we paid for) of/for everything, and the value of nothing"

GoldCircle:

there's no point bad mouthing the place. If you can afford it, then go get it.all this talk about access road is gibberish.How many have passed through  recently? except for a tiny stretch that where the interlocking stones have caved in, the roads leading and inside the island are fine. I guess the mega rich just got tired of Osborne, Parkview and VGC simply cos middle income earners could save up and live in with them either as Landlords or tenants and these places started loosing their appeal just like Dolphin estate did in the past. I must confess that the island is well planned and it's targeted at a specific segment of the rich. there are people who have mega bread in this Naija. just looking for where to throw some around. make dem spend am as dem like.

Too much money jor! grin

imagine living in so much luxury at home, only for u to step out like u would have to do day in day in day, and, lo and behold its mayhem, lamp posts missing, kwashiokor-infested children begging with their HIVed mother, and boko haram visiting mayhem a few kilometers away, it doesnt sound like much fun - poor quality life, if u ask me,

alexola20:

Anyway I don't see any difference in this building and the various estate I have lived outside the so called Nigeria.where we have constant and uninterrupted electricity,finest security u can ever think of,good roads,street lights that will make u think it's 4pm while u r already at 2am.When u go out in the city,u see beautiful faces and smiling people.And I paid less than $10000 a year.
In your so called banana Island,when u leave the so called place,all what u ll see r crying faces,begging faces,ugly faces,poverty stricken faces,etc

It's a waste of money and resources owning anything expensive in Nigeria.It's like owning a zoo in the midst of wild forest.It's no news.
Re: Behold - Nigeria Most Expensive Neighbourhood by shawonlese: 9:10pm On Sep 02, 2011
banana island is a nice place to live in.

Advertise your products and services

Re: Behold - Nigeria Most Expensive Neighbourhood by Nobody: 9:31pm On Sep 02, 2011
Mike Adenugas pad there is seriously off the hinges! ! !
Re: Behold - Nigeria Most Expensive Neighbourhood by hbrednic: 11:01pm On Sep 02, 2011
nice place,i lived there 07-08
people are there for the security and postal code,infrastructure comes last.
Re: Behold - Nigeria Most Expensive Neighbourhood by stunna2(m): 1:32am On Sep 03, 2011
again here we are with naija people elevating the mediocre to paradise!!

fools, enuff talk!!! please put up pictures of this place and let me put up pictures of an average new street made of glass in my tdot and these buildings i will show u cost less than one/tent of the cost of those buildings in banana republic as reported and then people can judge!

or if yall refuse to show pics then we just have to google map it, and show the pics here,
considering where i personally live, its bery bery hard to impress me and the picture i see so far is a joke for a paradise!!
to truly know where the world is at u have to truly know since u can not be told!

i was at the front of the american embassy in Victoria Island and its an unqualified expensive slum, period!!
so, this place better be better!!
Re: Behold - Nigeria Most Expensive Neighbourhood by tpia5: 1:36am On Sep 03, 2011
i dont know why some people like to do i too know.

just because you cant afford a place doesnt make it any of the things bad belle folks are yapping about here.

renters want to live away from the hustle and bustle of mainstream lagos and they can afford it.

so?
Re: Behold - Nigeria Most Expensive Neighbourhood by tpia5: 1:40am On Sep 03, 2011

Re: Behold - Nigeria Most Expensive Neighbourhood by tpia5: 4:29am On Sep 03, 2011

Re: Behold - Nigeria Most Expensive Neighbourhood by tpia5: 4:41am On Sep 03, 2011
Re: Behold - Nigeria Most Expensive Neighbourhood by tpia5: 4:43am On Sep 03, 2011
Re: Behold - Nigeria Most Expensive Neighbourhood by baslone: 10:20am On Sep 03, 2011
@tpiah! No mind dem!!! Bad belle too much! Coming online boasting about living in better houses!

Yes we agree, you are wiser, smarter and richer than Dangote, Adenuga and others! grin
Re: Behold - Nigeria Most Expensive Neighbourhood by kollymercy(m): 10:41am On Sep 03, 2011
@ All,

So no one here works/lives or have access to the Island to @ least show us some pix except the tiny one on page 1 or so As big as this forum is??

C"mon, snap the pix n post, no one is gonna arrest you for doing that!!! lol,

Lets show them naija is not all about slum!!!
Re: Behold - Nigeria Most Expensive Neighbourhood by kollymercy(m): 10:45am On Sep 03, 2011
@tpia,

Thanks very much. Have a little idea now, lol,
Re: Behold - Nigeria Most Expensive Neighbourhood by Pweety4me(f): 11:27am On Sep 03, 2011
Is this sky fake there 2?lol
Re: Behold - Nigeria Most Expensive Neighbourhood by richidinho(m): 1:04pm On Sep 03, 2011
So, who are the people who occupy the land? The list includes multinational corporations, well-paid expatriate employees, corrupt government officials; their concubines (or mistresses), and wealthy businessmen such as Alhassan Dantata, Kola Abiola and Nigeria’s newest billionaire, Mike Adenuga.

my name is not there, bt my house if very close to the filling station
Re: Behold - Nigeria Most Expensive Neighbourhood by Nobody: 1:24pm On Sep 03, 2011
@ tpia, stop showing fake images that belongs to other countries, that glass house is not from there, and stop using google to post images, go to the real island and snap and post, stop using mixed images u cant differentiate from google
Re: Behold - Nigeria Most Expensive Neighbourhood by tpia5: 4:30pm On Sep 03, 2011
^^ the glass house is the ford foundation, banana island, lagos.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ford-foundation/sets/72157624970462191/detail/

i take you've never seen the green and gold building in lagos either, since you're so astonished to see a glass house.
Re: Behold - Nigeria Most Expensive Neighbourhood by Nobody: 6:15pm On Sep 03, 2011
Sorry to say that neighborhood doesn't have millionaires taste to me! I am very sorry to say that!

Those apartment buildings are not standard enough to worth 2 million dollars!In fact they look like Arab low cost urban buildings.
Re: Behold - Nigeria Most Expensive Neighbourhood by Bigpiper(m): 12:01am On Sep 04, 2011
Na wah o. My jobless broke arse is on the verge of been evicted from a property i have occupied for 5yrs because i can't pay my annual 120k. See life. Lord i need a miracle.
Re: Behold - Nigeria Most Expensive Neighbourhood by thuao(m): 10:04am On Sep 04, 2011
I don't see anything wrong there. If u ve ur money, go & buy. If u don't Kip shut. Personally if I ve that kind of money its no big deal. Let the rich gather there & Njoy themselve. Its their money, they can spend it on anything & anyhow,
If them like make them buy bedspace for $10m.
Re: Behold - Nigeria Most Expensive Neighbourhood by baslone: 10:57am On Sep 04, 2011
See complaints! Dem no dey follow rich men vex o!

Weathy Men that have traveled far and wide, lived in the best houses, slept in the nicest hotel
from coast to coast definitely don't know what they are doing now be that Ooo?

Rich man dey talk, poor man talk say him get idea!! grin

Na dem get dem Moni! See as broke arses dey complain outta vextation!
Re: Behold - Nigeria Most Expensive Neighbourhood by daroz(m): 11:28am On Sep 04, 2011
Banana Island ni Plaintain Island ko
Re: Behold - Nigeria Most Expensive Neighbourhood by tshomaster: 12:58pm On Sep 04, 2011
wish i can post the picture of my apartment in Malaysia. they are for common man, any body can lived there, better than any house in banana island
Re: Behold - Nigeria Most Expensive Neighbourhood by ak47mann(m): 1:41pm On Sep 04, 2011
tshomaster:

wish i can post the picture of my apartment in Malaysia. they are for common man, any body can lived there, better than any house in banana island
Malaysia is even far talk about SOUTH AFRICA which is closer,
Re: Behold - Nigeria Most Expensive Neighbourhood by stunna2(m): 6:03pm On Sep 04, 2011
sorry @tpia
the pics you put up does not warrant my response with pictures of new average enclave in Tdot!
untill i see something great, i can not be responding with something glorious!!

pls stop elevating mediocrity!!

people here are even less aware than i had originally thought!

a girls father pays N10,000 a month for 1driver; N14,000 for 2house-girls; N12,000 for a gateman = N36,000 a month right!?! okay, add a 2nd driver at another N14,000 a month and we round it to N50,000 a month and when she has a topic about a date she went on, she tells us about her driver and gateman n house help and when i say pls forget about all that, tell us what we need to know, she says how there you talk to me that baba god has blessed with riches, hur

my mother gets that much money the entire N50,000 from me every month for her food and meds!!

so pls when some of us wants to know what is so special about this place that these people spends these outrageous sums to buy a plot of build on it and we wanna see pictures, we are not all talking from bad belly becos we r all poor okay, so pls hear us out so that at the end people can be educated but with rounded info and then decide if they would buy a place like that or invest the money in industries and provide jobs for the million million niaja youth graduates jobless on the streets!!

pls the picture i put up here is not an Office building, it's just an apartment building that people live in just as you have in your pictures above and if u dont stop the noise i will put up 100 similar to this, and if the noise continue then i will start putting up entire streets made of glass residential buildings that ordinary people live in, okay,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Nigeria A Visa-free Country To Gambia With My Nigerian Ecowas Passport? / Customs Officer Destroys Arik Air’s Equipment Over Delayed Flight / Catholic Corpers Travelling From Uyo To Rivers Involved In Accident (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.