Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,497 members, 7,954,901 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:07 PM

INEC Official Admits ‘Seeming Over-Voting’ In Osun Poll - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Official Admits ‘Seeming Over-Voting’ In Osun Poll (21110 Views)

Tribunal Accepts Bvas Reports Showing Over-voting Against Adeleke / PDP Compiles Members’ List Killed During Osun Poll / Osun Poll Null As INEC Excludes NRM Candidate, Says Ajulo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC Official Admits ‘Seeming Over-Voting’ In Osun Poll by Winning123: 1:41pm On Dec 22, 2022
BVAS altered from backend? Something transmitted electronically online, real time. You are not serious.

obyno82:

It is not enough my guy. even the statement seeming is even contested what is the likelihood that the BVAS report was not altered from backend? So even the admission is debatable.
Re: INEC Official Admits ‘Seeming Over-Voting’ In Osun Poll by garfield1: 1:42pm On Dec 22, 2022
tk4radi:
According to the new Electoral Act, and INEC Guidelines....
If there is Over-voting, the Polling-Unit is cancelled Outrightly, and should not be counted.
And There wouldn't be any Re-run or run-off Elections to that effect.

Thus..
If there are established cases of Over-voting in all the Polling-Units of Osun-State....
Then, the whole Election would be cancelled in its totality.
It becomes totally null-and-void (since no single unit was without over-voting for the results from such Polling-Units to decide the outcome of the election.)

In that case, a totally new Election would be conducted.
But it also means that all those INEC officials should be severely dealt with.

Apc are alleging overvoting in 749 units and if cancelled,the remaining valid units will see oyetola as winner

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC Official Admits ‘Seeming Over-Voting’ In Osun Poll by garfield1: 1:43pm On Dec 22, 2022
adioolayi:

I am even happy to see my mention from you..

So, if APC can actually prove this, will Tribunal cancel the units involved for a rerun, or outright cancellation and the remaining votes will determine the winner?

Apc are asking for the latter but the tribunal can order for the for based on discretion
Re: INEC Official Admits ‘Seeming Over-Voting’ In Osun Poll by ModCaller: 1:43pm On Dec 22, 2022
tk4radi:
Number of Accredited Voters is what the BVAS is supposed to be doing.
No other system is supposed to do it.

So, why would the Accreditation Machine Report the number of Accredited Voters, and another person, (or system) would be reporting another number?

Either the PO of that polling don fûck up or the PO is very incompetent.

Only the PO can explain what happened
Re: INEC Official Admits ‘Seeming Over-Voting’ In Osun Poll by tk4radi: 1:43pm On Dec 22, 2022
adioolayi:
Hope it's not going to affect total results..

Justice must be justice...

Even if Ede results are cancelled for a rerun....PDP will likely win, because those are their strongholds
There would only be cancellations.
No Rerun.
No Runoffs

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Official Admits ‘Seeming Over-Voting’ In Osun Poll by Jostoman: 1:45pm On Dec 22, 2022
Obaofaba:
Oyetola ti wole.

Our mandate must be reclaimed. It's one thing to lose an election fairly but when it is lost to a certificate forger and the election is marred by overvoting as testified by the umpire, then it becomes unacceptable.

APC won squarely the bayelsa governorship election yet never had a chance to be sworn in even for a day because of forgery.

Hypocrisy is accepting the process then and faulting this.

Oyetola's victory is always sweeter just like 4 years ago and the dancing governor might cry for another 4 more years.
Oyetola is gone forever

1 Like

Re: INEC Official Admits ‘Seeming Over-Voting’ In Osun Poll by Jostoman: 1:47pm On Dec 22, 2022
Hunter0007:
Adeleke ma Lule
your Oyetola is gone forever till 2031
Re: INEC Official Admits ‘Seeming Over-Voting’ In Osun Poll by garfield1: 1:49pm On Dec 22, 2022
ModCaller:

Exactly. You were lucky to find those people

It was a village and everyone knew each other.units that had over voting didnt receive their pay.inec dealt with them heavily.the spo and e.o had so much confidence in me so I was determined to succeed
Re: INEC Official Admits ‘Seeming Over-Voting’ In Osun Poll by tk4radi: 1:49pm On Dec 22, 2022
ModCaller:

Either the PO of that polling don fûck up or the PO is very incompetent.

Only the PO can explain what happened
The new Act gave room for the Polling-Unit to be cancelled Outrightly based on such reasons, even without consulting with the PO.

But then,, INEC should be punishing the errant POs severely, in order to other POs that might tow the same route a very biigg lesson
Re: INEC Official Admits ‘Seeming Over-Voting’ In Osun Poll by tk4radi: 2:02pm On Dec 22, 2022
garfield1:

Apc are alleging overvoting in 749 units and if cancelled,the remaining valid units will see oyetola as winner
No Problem..

Even if more units are cancelled due to over-voting,, no problem..

It will only make OYETOLA A BVAS GOVERNOR..

But that's Victory for the BVAS,, and thus, Victory for Democracy.
Re: INEC Official Admits ‘Seeming Over-Voting’ In Osun Poll by Indispensable85(m): 2:03pm On Dec 22, 2022
parkervero:
It's a win for PDP. If there are over voting in Ede, there are overvoting in Iragbiji, too

Lol.....dis one nor know anything.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Official Admits ‘Seeming Over-Voting’ In Osun Poll by Indispensable85(m): 2:05pm On Dec 22, 2022
INEC don set traps for Adeleke like dis oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Official Admits ‘Seeming Over-Voting’ In Osun Poll by tk4radi: 2:05pm On Dec 22, 2022
Prince111111:
APC have closed its case already. Those are the few ones Inec admitted to not 700+
No Wahalla..

We go dey observe the whole proceedings
Re: INEC Official Admits ‘Seeming Over-Voting’ In Osun Poll by ModCaller: 2:05pm On Dec 22, 2022
tk4radi:
The new Act gave room for the Polling-Unit to be cancelled Outrightly based on such reasons, even without consulting with the PO.

But then,, INEC should be punishing the errant POs severely, in order to other POs that might tow the same route a very biigg lesson

Yes, they usually cancel due to overvoting. But that is if the INEC officials at the ward collation center detected it when debriefing the PO. Normally, when a PO submit his election result and BVAS at the ward collation center, the collation officer will take time to go through it to make sure there are no inconsistencies. The PO will stand there while they go through it. If everything checks out, they ask the guy to go. Else, the PO go collect.

I'm suspecting one of those collation officers at the ward collation center did not do their job well and allowed that issue to go undetected. Once they clear a PO, they have concluded that there is no issue with the result of his polling unit. No one will look at those results again until court cases start to pour in.

INEC usually withold their payment. INEC doesn't pay until about 2 weeks after the election. It's a precautionary measure.
Re: INEC Official Admits ‘Seeming Over-Voting’ In Osun Poll by tk4radi: 2:08pm On Dec 22, 2022
ModCaller:

Yes, they usually cancel due to overvoting. But that is if the INEC officials at the ward collation center detected it when debriefing the PO. Normally, when a PO submit his election result and BVAS at the ward collation center, the collation officer will take time to go through it to make sure there are no inconsistencies. The PO will stand there while they go through it. If everything checks out, they ask the guy to go. Else, the PO go collect.

I'm suspecting one of those collation officers at the ward collation center did not do their job well and allowed that issue to go undetected. Once they clear a PO, they have concluded that there is no issue with the result of his polling unit. No one will look at those results again until court cases start to pour in.

INEC usually withold their payment. INEC doesn't pay until about 2 weeks after the election. It's a precautionary measure.
Na waa Ooo.

When will all these irregularities end?

It's so appalling that it's the same staff of INEC that are causing the lots of problems with the whole electioneering system
Re: INEC Official Admits ‘Seeming Over-Voting’ In Osun Poll by Mrmb: 2:09pm On Dec 22, 2022
rolams:

One is fully synchronized while the other is not.

That's why both shouldn't correspond?

Do you even understand how these things work, I doubt you do because if you do, you wouldn't be justifying what is not
Re: INEC Official Admits ‘Seeming Over-Voting’ In Osun Poll by Amoo89: 2:15pm On Dec 22, 2022
tsirin:

https://punchng.com/inec-official-admits-seemingly-over-voting-in-osun-poll/
Putting sentiments aside if there are over voting then the law should take its course. If you sure you going to win why using fraudulently acts.

Thanks to BvAS that can help to see over voting where it occurs.
Re: INEC Official Admits ‘Seeming Over-Voting’ In Osun Poll by saysugar(m): 2:15pm On Dec 22, 2022
Lol ,see the way they wan remove this adeleke again,u have lost election with margin which means people don't want u anymore why goin every corners to govern them again? Am totally tired of this thieves politicians, must u be there governor they don't want u anymore why forcing court
Re: INEC Official Admits ‘Seeming Over-Voting’ In Osun Poll by dalongjnr: 2:17pm On Dec 22, 2022
I always doubted the credibility of bvas but some idiots were claiming that's bullet proof and fool proof.
Re: INEC Official Admits ‘Seeming Over-Voting’ In Osun Poll by Gandrova: 2:49pm On Dec 22, 2022
Dancing senator going ,dancing senator going , dancing Senator gone! cheesy
Re: INEC Official Admits ‘Seeming Over-Voting’ In Osun Poll by rolams(m): 3:04pm On Dec 22, 2022
Mrmb:

That's why both shouldn't correspond?

Do you even understand how these things work, I doubt you do because if you do, you wouldn't be justifying what is not

Check the meaning of data synchronisation or synchronisation alone, you will understand.
Re: INEC Official Admits ‘Seeming Over-Voting’ In Osun Poll by rolams(m): 3:10pm On Dec 22, 2022
ModCaller:

I said overvoting is possible. I explained it clearly.

It's not about BVAS. That machine is not used for voting. BVAS has absolutely no business with voting. It's just for accreditation.

If you allow someone who has not been accredited to vote, then overvoting will occur, except you find a way to stop someone who has been accredited from voting.

So long as voting is manual, overvoting is very much possible.

The SPO and the official at the ward should have detected the overvoting when going through the election result submitted by the PO. They usually make sure that your BVAS and your form ec8a are saying the same thing before allowing you to go home.

I guess incompetence at multiple levels

I understand you. But my point is "as a P.O, you don't allow anybody to vote unless you accredit him/her. Without accreditation no vote. Before writing your result, your accredited voters must not exceed the total numbers of votes. Otherwise, your result and report won't be accepted.

Therefore, all the ad-hoc staff had been told this. They won't allow such to happen.

That's the major reason the legal team of the APC are not calling any S.P.O or P.O as the witness. They know what they are doing because if there such irregularities, the APC would have raised the alarm from the day of election. They just want to use tactics.
Re: INEC Official Admits ‘Seeming Over-Voting’ In Osun Poll by rolams(m): 3:19pm On Dec 22, 2022
garfield1:

That is hogwash.why are results not synchronized?

She said network issue.
Re: INEC Official Admits ‘Seeming Over-Voting’ In Osun Poll by rolams(m): 3:20pm On Dec 22, 2022
garfield1:

He can be removed before June

If he Bleep up.
Re: INEC Official Admits ‘Seeming Over-Voting’ In Osun Poll by ozo13(m): 3:31pm On Dec 22, 2022
FashionCookie:

Crooks too much 4 this country
lol

1 Like

Re: INEC Official Admits ‘Seeming Over-Voting’ In Osun Poll by Dharey2377: 3:33pm On Dec 22, 2022
rolams:

I understand you. But my point is "as a P.O, you don't allow anybody to vote unless you accredit him/her. Without accreditation no vote. Before writing your result, your accredited voters must not exceed the total numbers of votes. Otherwise, your result and report won't be accepted.

Therefore, all the ad-hoc staff had been told this. They won't allow such to happen.

That's the major reason the legal team of the APC are not calling any S.P.O or P.O as the witness. They know what they are doing because if there such irregularities, the APC would have raised the alarm from the day of election. They just want to use tactics.

I disagree with u sir, they knew from onset before the declaration of the winner that over voting happens in ede with the result given by ince and the party agents... That is why dey waited patiently for a day like this to come... They have two count on adeleke
1] his school result 2] over voting
Re: INEC Official Admits ‘Seeming Over-Voting’ In Osun Poll by rolams(m): 3:42pm On Dec 22, 2022
Dharey2377:

I disagree with u sir, they knew from onset before the declaration of the winner that over voting happens in ede with the result given by ince and the party agents... That is why dey waited patiently for a day like this to come... They have two count on adeleke
1] his school result 2] over voting

No. If APC is aware, they would have called all their agents but they declined. They want to target the INEC shortcomings. That's just the issue.

As for the certificate, the APC has no case here because the issue has been cleared in the court before now.
Re: INEC Official Admits ‘Seeming Over-Voting’ In Osun Poll by obyno82: 4:01pm On Dec 22, 2022
Winning123:
BVAS altered from backend? Something transmitted electronically online, real time. You are not serious.

dude the BVAS uses a system software to authenticate biometric data so definitely there are logs that will be generated to convert to reports. Once a correct guy can alter the logs the report can obviously be programmed.
Re: INEC Official Admits ‘Seeming Over-Voting’ In Osun Poll by obyno82: 4:03pm On Dec 22, 2022
Winning123:

Also note yes the results are transmitted online real time, but that is independent of BVAS. The BVAS is for accreditation and has INEC told you if the reports and system logs from their server are generated online real time? So you cannot just assume like that.
Re: INEC Official Admits ‘Seeming Over-Voting’ In Osun Poll by obyno82: 4:04pm On Dec 22, 2022
Wickedfacts:

Wait till the court rules on it. Remember it's an expert opinion.

If Ede results are cancelled, Adeleke should kiss that seat goodbye.

you see like i said the admission of the word seeming has already made that submission debatable, if Adeleke's lawyers are good trust me that submission would be thrashed.
Re: INEC Official Admits ‘Seeming Over-Voting’ In Osun Poll by garfield1: 4:23pm On Dec 22, 2022
rolams:

If he Bleep up.

True.depends on his advisers
Re: INEC Official Admits ‘Seeming Over-Voting’ In Osun Poll by garfield1: 4:24pm On Dec 22, 2022
rolams:

She said network issue.

And it didnt affect results upload? You see how lame their excuse is

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Suntai Addresses Taraba People On Videotape / Exclusive report on Nigerian Army’s Renewed Offensive Against Boko Haram / Children Rescued From A Boko Haram Camp In Cameroon Can’t Remember Their Names

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.