Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,229 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:06 AM

Suntai Addresses Taraba People On Videotape - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suntai Addresses Taraba People On Videotape (21033 Views)

Suntai Leaves Govt. House; Packs Into House Bought For Him By His Deputy / Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet / Racist British Woman Captured On Videotape (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suntai Addresses Taraba People On Videotape by neksummi(m): 9:58pm On Aug 28, 2013
The Taraba State Governor, Mr. Danbaba Suntai, finally addressed the people on Wednesday , exactly four days after his return from a 10-month medical sojourn abroad.

The brief address was however not live but through a video shown on the state-owned television station in Jalingo.

His failure to do so earlier and appear before the state House Assembly to formally intimate its members of his desire to resume work had created suspicions that he was incapable of continuing to function as the state governor.

Before the video was brodcast, he met with the lawmakers and inaugurated the newly appointed Secretary to the State Government, Timothy Kataps, as well as the Chief of Staff, Mallam Aminu Jika.

The governor, who is recuperating from injuries he sustained last October when a small aircraft he flew crashed, had earlier dissolved the state Executive Council, leaving only his special assistants.

In the address, Suntai commended the people of the state for their prayers and for standing by him in his moment of trial.

“I thank the people of Taraba State for standing by me and my family.I also thank the commissioners for holding the fort while I was away. Also enjoin all of you to continue to live in peace,” he said.

Suntai, who wore a sky blue suit and a stripe shirt, also congratulated the people on the 22nd anniversary of the state which was on August 27.

He had while inaugurating the new SSG and the CoS enjoined them to to work in the interest of the people. The new SSG (Kataps), a former Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice, took over from Mr. Garvey Yawe while Jika, who once served in the same capacity in 2007, replaced Alhmed Yusuf.

Yawe and Yusuf were among the members of the sacked state Executive Council. The others are all the commissioners and 22 special advisers.

The Senior Special Assistant to the governor on Media, Sylvanus Giwa, had at a news conference in Jalingo, said that the appointments of Kataps and Jika were aimed at strengthening the machinery of government.

The governor also met on Wednesday evening with members of the House of Assembly led by their Speaker, Haruna Tsokwa.

The lawmakers had resolved at their sitting earlier on Wednesday to meet with the governor to confirm his true state of health before taking any position on his letter stating his intention to resume office.

Journalists, who were asked to wait at the assembly complex for the lawmakers to meet with the governor, were stunned when they returned, held a brief closed-door session, and said they would speak to the press on Thursday(today).
http://www.punchng.com/news/gov-suntai-speaks-briefly-on-videotape/

1 Like

Re: Suntai Addresses Taraba People On Videotape by wellmax(m): 10:38pm On Aug 28, 2013
We are waiting
Re: Suntai Addresses Taraba People On Videotape by Lusola15: 12:30am On Aug 29, 2013
Yea right. I saw it on my radio

5 Likes

Re: Suntai Addresses Taraba People On Videotape by neksummi(m): 7:15am On Aug 29, 2013
Lusola15: Yea right. I saw it on my radio

I bow for that radio of yours.

Reports coming out form Taraba have it that it isn't clear if Danbaba actually was the one speaking. We still dey watch!

3 Likes

Re: Suntai Addresses Taraba People On Videotape by Hadone(m): 8:45am On Aug 29, 2013
I JUST WAIT TO SEE HOW ON EARTH A GHOST WHO CANNOT EVEN LEAD HIS OWN HOUSE CAN COME TO RULE A WHOLE STATE LIKE TARABA.
Re: Suntai Addresses Taraba People On Videotape by wasak(m): 9:06am On Aug 29, 2013
I was d camera man... I recorded everything with my jmax chinco fone... truth has no 2 colour

1 Like

Re: Suntai Addresses Taraba People On Videotape by EKOBIZ: 9:24am On Aug 29, 2013
Olusola 15: how can you saw it on RADIO?

2 Likes

Re: Suntai Addresses Taraba People On Videotape by Okijajuju1(m): 9:26am On Aug 29, 2013
Huh?!
Re: Suntai Addresses Taraba People On Videotape by koolet: 9:26am On Aug 29, 2013
ATLAST!!!...... He displayed all the REHEARSAL he had for the past 3 dayz....

4 Likes

Re: Suntai Addresses Taraba People On Videotape by BlackPeni5: 9:27am On Aug 29, 2013
This is the height of wickedness and greed on the part of his family.

They should allow this man rest abeg...

3 Likes

Re: Suntai Addresses Taraba People On Videotape by proudlysports: 9:28am On Aug 29, 2013
Where is the video?
Re: Suntai Addresses Taraba People On Videotape by naptu2: 9:28am On Aug 29, 2013
The video.

Swearing in new members of the Executive Council and addressing the people of the state.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SS5pXnTOJk

1 Like

Re: Suntai Addresses Taraba People On Videotape by aieromon(m): 9:29am On Aug 29, 2013
Reminds me of the SCANDAL TV series. . . . .
Re: Suntai Addresses Taraba People On Videotape by Maxymilliano(m): 9:29am On Aug 29, 2013

Healing is a gradual process, considering what he went through. He need to go slow and not do things to impress!

13 Likes

Re: Suntai Addresses Taraba People On Videotape by ipasco: 9:29am On Aug 29, 2013
history keep repeating it self in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Suntai Addresses Taraba People On Videotape by Ibangap(m): 9:29am On Aug 29, 2013
VIDEOSHOP! VIDEOSHOP!

2 Likes

Re: Suntai Addresses Taraba People On Videotape by delegiwa(m): 9:29am On Aug 29, 2013
Suntai!
Suntai!!
Suntai!!!

How many times did I call your name?

Don't bother, you probably won't even hear.

2 Likes

Re: Suntai Addresses Taraba People On Videotape by Nobody: 9:29am On Aug 29, 2013
EKOBIZ: Olusola 15: how can you saw it on RADIO?
that's how they will be sawing everything on RADIO and listened to tv.

3 Likes

Re: Suntai Addresses Taraba People On Videotape by Charbless(m): 9:30am On Aug 29, 2013
EKOBIZ: Olusola 15: how can you saw it on RADIO?
Try and cross-check ur sentence b4 posting. Stop rushing for FTC
As for Suntai, dats his Biz

1 Like

Re: Suntai Addresses Taraba People On Videotape by Nobody: 9:33am On Aug 29, 2013
PEOPLE DECEIVING PEOPLE lipsrsealed
Re: Suntai Addresses Taraba People On Videotape by Mitsurugi(m): 9:33am On Aug 29, 2013
Turai: kai Hauwa, video? why I no think am?
Hauwa: I get brain pass you. Dan suntai!

1 Like

Re: Suntai Addresses Taraba People On Videotape by damibravo(m): 9:35am On Aug 29, 2013
He looks like a vegetable
Re: Suntai Addresses Taraba People On Videotape by lokito: 9:35am On Aug 29, 2013
Only in Nigeria that a sick governor, on a sick bed...will freely sack n dissolve anybody dissolveable

Iyalaiya anybody

2 Likes

Re: Suntai Addresses Taraba People On Videotape by mooregan(m): 9:36am On Aug 29, 2013
Nigerians can never be satisfied. They said d man should talk, now he has talked, they r saying is videoshop. Na wa o

14 Likes

Re: Suntai Addresses Taraba People On Videotape by Joe5(m): 9:36am On Aug 29, 2013
Lusola15: Yea right. I saw it on my radio

You saw it on your radio or you heard it .....which one ?
Re: Suntai Addresses Taraba People On Videotape by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 29, 2013
One word GREED

2 Likes

Re: Suntai Addresses Taraba People On Videotape by Technocracy: 9:38am On Aug 29, 2013
The developement in taraba is indeed a dangerous political manoveur a struggle on who controls the soul of the state, the christians who constitute the majority or the muslims who are predominantly the fulanis,i hope the both parties find an ammicable resolution because the fact remains that our own dear danbaba suntai is incapacitated and may even need up to 10yrs to recover.
Re: Suntai Addresses Taraba People On Videotape by floxyluv283: 9:39am On Aug 29, 2013
grin
damibravo: He looks like a vegetable
[url]
[/url]
hw does vegetable look?
Re: Suntai Addresses Taraba People On Videotape by Pattey(m): 9:39am On Aug 29, 2013
No opinion. . .Yet. Indifferent? *shrugs* #Observation Mode. . . We still dey watch
Re: Suntai Addresses Taraba People On Videotape by Abali1(m): 9:39am On Aug 29, 2013
Charbless:
Try and cross-check ur sentence b4 posting. Stop rushing for FTC
As for Suntai, dats his Biz
Oga grammarian, find another post.... don't come and spoil this fun....

1 Like

Re: Suntai Addresses Taraba People On Videotape by jude33084(m): 9:41am On Aug 29, 2013
musKeeto:
that's how they will be sawing everything on RADIO and listened to tv.

Which one be sawing? undecided

Abi na wood una dεy saw here grin
Re: Suntai Addresses Taraba People On Videotape by dridowu: 9:41am On Aug 29, 2013
Hmmmmm addressing d state via video , ok , so any state activity will be on d video, no need for appearing physically anymore.
papa dcve pikin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Will Vote Jonathan Despite Our Regrets In Voting Him In 2011 – Middle Belt / Fayose Gives Ekiti People Rice & Money At Aba Igbira, Afao Ekiti (Pics) / Only Buhari’s London Doctors Can Decide When He’ll Come Back – APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.