Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,709 members, 7,809,691 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:19 PM

#### Christmas Giveaway: 5K each For 10 People - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / #### Christmas Giveaway: 5K each For 10 People (4478 Views)

Nairaland Christmas Giveaway (2019 Edition) / Nairaland Christmas Giveaway (2018 Edition) / Nairaland Christmas Giveaway by Twaci (2017 Edition) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #### Christmas Giveaway: 5K each For 10 People by HUSTLER001: 2:23pm On Dec 22, 2022
I'm beginning to understand life in bits. Sometime last year I had nearly half a million to start up a business no matter how small but no I was busy writing list of millions and at the end,I blew the morning without realizing what I wanted to do with the money. As I am typing,I just went to buy baking powder after I'd bought flour and the rest yesterday. Now I just want to start small(i'm into grills and small chops). If i tell you that money will go a long way in my business I'm not joking.
Re: #### Christmas Giveaway: 5K each For 10 People by CANDYDADDY(m): 2:26pm On Dec 22, 2022

Christmas the season to give, to show love and be partaking in the celebrations of its
Re: #### Christmas Giveaway: 5K each For 10 People by Julianaa: 2:26pm On Dec 22, 2022
Christmas is a season to give back to the community
Re: #### Christmas Giveaway: 5K each For 10 People by isaiah4life(m): 2:27pm On Dec 22, 2022
Christmas is a period of rekindling the love that exist among us by sharing gifts and helping those who can't afford anything.

1 Like

Re: #### Christmas Giveaway: 5K each For 10 People by ObaOfUyo: 2:29pm On Dec 22, 2022
Just another special time of the year where we gather as a family to count our blessings of the past year and look with Joy and anticipation for the next year.

1 Like

Re: #### Christmas Giveaway: 5K each For 10 People by ThothHermes: 2:32pm On Dec 22, 2022
A time to take stock, relax, enjoy, and plan for the coming year.
Re: #### Christmas Giveaway: 5K each For 10 People by SoftSport(m): 2:32pm On Dec 22, 2022
Thanks
Re: #### Christmas Giveaway: 5K each For 10 People by wunderkiind(m): 2:37pm On Dec 22, 2022
Re: #### Christmas Giveaway: 5K each For 10 People by tywo42(m): 2:56pm On Dec 22, 2022
the basic meaning of xmas to me is to spend more time with my family,showing gratitude,love,making people happy and remembering the birth of our lord jesus christ

1 Like

Re: #### Christmas Giveaway: 5K each For 10 People by Saviourk: 2:57pm On Dec 22, 2022
For me, Christmas is a time to celebrate God's sacrificial gift to mankind—Jesus Christ, and also practise giving. Moreover, it's also a time to celebrate with loved ones.

Thanks in advance!
Re: #### Christmas Giveaway: 5K each For 10 People by blaquemyc: 2:59pm On Dec 22, 2022
Christmas is a time of sober reflection. A time that is not all about merry making but also sharing love to loved ones and the less privilege. We are saved because of his death but all that wouldn't have been without his birth. Merry Christmas y'all.
I need me a little something to celebrate this Christmas. Thanks.
Re: #### Christmas Giveaway: 5K each For 10 People by Joeblaze26(m): 3:02pm On Dec 22, 2022
timbs001:
In the spirit of the season, I will be doing some giveaways (Please see Topic title) in the next few days before Christmas in order to allow those that need aid in these season to buy some stuff to celebrate Christmas with their loved ones.

The criteria for qualifying is:
1. Write in a short sentence what Christmas means to you.
2. Your Nairaland account must be at least a year old.
3. Please make sure you actually need the aid. It is more blessed to give than to receive.

I will randomly pick people on the thread and announce winners before Christmas. The people picked can paste their account number/Phone numbers here.
Christmas for me is a time to reflect on my journey throughout the year; ruminate on the steps I took, the consequent results, the lesson learnt, the breakthroughs, the failures, the little successes, the smiles and ofcourse the pain; and also working towards ending the year well and strategically begin the New Year in a much better way.

Thanking God for life and a hope for a better tomorrow with my loved ones all around me is also something I relish every Christmas.

Sadly, this year didn't turn out the way I planned it but I believe with God by my side, the coming year would be astonishing and filled with testimonies of joy.

Merry Christmas in Advance to all Christians around the globe.
Re: #### Christmas Giveaway: 5K each For 10 People by Sweetmaama(m): 3:07pm On Dec 22, 2022
timbs001:
In the spirit of the season, I will be doing some giveaways (Please see Topic title) in the next few days before Christmas in order to allow those that need aid in these season to buy some stuff to celebrate Christmas with their loved ones.

3. Please make sure you actually need the aid. It is more blessed to give than to receive.

I will randomly pick people on the thread and announce winners before Christmas. The people picked can paste their account number/Phone numbers here.
Christmas is annual christian festival for celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ. Christmas shouldn't be only for the birth of Jesus, but to emulate what Jesus stood for like service, integrity, compassion and love. Just like the OP is showing some love to others. With all these, the world will be a better place.
Re: #### Christmas Giveaway: 5K each For 10 People by edwardadex23(m): 3:10pm On Dec 22, 2022
Christmas is a time to celebrate not just the birth of Jesus Christ but a time to show love to one another irrespective of religion or ethnicity,just like the OP is doing at the moment.A time to share what you have in love and true heart and a time to show happiness to your neighbor and people around you.Mind you it's not just Christmas alone but sharing and giving should be all year round and not just waiting till Christmas.I don't have much myself but I believe there are people who need this more than I do.I will gladly implore anyone who's got something at least to pave way for others who don't have any dime. That itself is showing an act of love, compassion, consideration and empathy itself.God bless you OP for this Kind gesture ! May God bless and enrich your pocket abundantly and may your ocean of blessing never run dry ever.
Re: #### Christmas Giveaway: 5K each For 10 People by calmness0(f): 3:17pm On Dec 22, 2022
@ timbs01

Christmas is a time to share
Re: #### Christmas Giveaway: 5K each For 10 People by Samueltemi337(m): 3:21pm On Dec 22, 2022
timbs001:

What Is the Meaning of
Christmas?
Christmas is one of the most important Christian and cultural
holidays of the year, but what is the true meaning of
Christmas? For Christians, the true meaning of Christmas is
the celebration of the Savior, Jesus Christ.

When rainy season has given way to the harmattan season
while lights twinkle from
house to house, you know Christmas is
coming. Decorated Christmas trees are
everywhere you look. Presents for sale everywhere, sweet Christmas songs playing everywhere and families come together
to share love. Christmas is one of the most
important Christian and cultural holidays of the
year, but what is the true meaning of
Christmas? Is it the gifts? Is it the annual
economic boost?

The Christmas season, especially in the Nigeria,
is a mix of pre-Christian, Christian, and secular
traditions. What’s interesting is the etymology
of the word Christmas. It literally means
Christian Mass. It’s a shortened form of
Christ’s Mass.

Christmas is a time of spiritual reflection on
the important foundations of the Christian
faith. It’s also a celebration. It’s when
Christians celebrate God’s love for the world
through the birth of the Christ child: Jesus. The
Bible tells of his birth hundreds of years before,
fulfilling prophecies.

The Christmas Story in the Bible
The Christmas story is recorded in Luke
2:4-19 .
"So Joseph also went up from the town of
Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to Bethlehem the
town of David, because he belonged to the
house and line of David. He went there to
register with Mary, who was pledged to be
married to him and was expecting a child.
While they were there, the time came for the
baby to be born, and she gave birth to her
firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and
placed him in a manger because there was no
room for them in the inn.

“And there were shepherds living out in the
fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks
at night. An angel of the Lord appeared to
them, and the glory of the Lord shone around
them, and they were terrified. But the angel
said to them, ‘Do not be afraid. I bring you
good news of great joy that will be for all the
people. Today in the town of David a Savior
has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord.
This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby
wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.’

“Suddenly a great company of the heavenly
host appeared with the angel, praising God and
saying, ‘Glory to God in the highest, and on
earth peace to men on whom his favor rests.’

“When the angels had left them and gone into
heaven, the shepherds said to one another,
‘Let's go to Bethlehem and see this thing that
has happened, which the Lord has told us
about.’ So they hurried off and found Mary and
Joseph, and the baby, who was lying in the
manger. When they had seen him, they spread
the word concerning what had been told them
about this child, and all who heard it were
amazed at what the shepherds said to them.
But Mary treasured up all these things and
pondered them in her heart." ( Luke 2:4-19 )

abeg pick me may this long story nor waste grin

4 Likes

Re: #### Christmas Giveaway: 5K each For 10 People by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 22, 2022
timbs001:

Christmas is the celebration of the birth of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.

It is a time of healing and renewed Strength

It is also a time to show love to those who really need help

Also a time for sharing love among people and genuinely show affections
Christmas is a time of reflection on the past and praying towards the future in Christ, Jesus

Christmas finally is LOVE
Re: #### Christmas Giveaway: 5K each For 10 People by PJtech: 3:22pm On Dec 22, 2022
Christmas is a season of LOVE(because GOD is LOVE) , when we celebrate our lord Jesus Christ... Jhn 3;16

Let your love reach me this xmas.... MERRY CHRISTMAS
Re: #### Christmas Giveaway: 5K each For 10 People by ovalrose(f): 3:27pm On Dec 22, 2022
timbs001:

To me and my family, Christmas is a time to show love, care, and extend a hand of friendship to everyone around us, be it friend or foe. As we reflect on the reason for Christmas, which is our Saviors birth, so also do we allow love to bloom and hope to be rekindled, Bury the hatchet, look back and take score of the life we lived in the year, and share both love and material gifts if possible with the people around us. Generally people smile while wishing one another a merry Christmas, even strangers, even Muslims and atheists all acknowledge this season whether openly or unconsciously, therefore it is a great time to be alive, and be thankful to God for it.
If I'm chosen, I will buy foodstuffs and share to people around me, also cook and share to the beggars on my street. It'll make my day, and theirs too.

Merry Christmas everybody.
God bless you for wanting to bless and share love with us. @poster.
Re: #### Christmas Giveaway: 5K each For 10 People by Limitlessss: 3:29pm On Dec 22, 2022
God bless this kind gesture.

Christmas is the season of joy, of gift-giving, and of families uniting.

Peace on earth that the birth of a Christ brings will come to stay when we live Christmas every day.

He who has not Christmas in his heart will never experience the joy it brings.
Re: #### Christmas Giveaway: 5K each For 10 People by Addme: 3:31pm On Dec 22, 2022
timbs001:

CHRISTMAS is everything you think about before creating this thread.

Celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ
Showing genuine love to the needy
Sharing gifts
Above all LOVE

JESUS is the reason for the SEASON

2 Likes

Re: #### Christmas Giveaway: 5K each For 10 People by ceeceeuwa: 3:35pm On Dec 22, 2022
timbs001:

Re: #### Christmas Giveaway: 5K each For 10 People by alwayshapi22(f): 3:35pm On Dec 22, 2022
Christmas is the celebration of. Jesus Christ.

First, it is made up of love. Love is what initiated the birth of Jesus. Secondly, charity completes it all. Christmas without love and charity is meaningless.

Christmas starts from your heart. Do not expect Christmas to be found in Christmas cards or cakes and meals.

My humble take on Christmas.
Re: #### Christmas Giveaway: 5K each For 10 People by freelancerrr: 3:38pm On Dec 22, 2022
Christmas is the best time of the year,
People make merry and feast, but it also involves the act of giving. However, we do not have to wait for the Christmas season to demonstrate our act of giving.

Giving should be the ultimate essence of Christmas

Reason: God gave his only son Jesus to the world.

1 Like

Re: #### Christmas Giveaway: 5K each For 10 People by Prolificgiant(m): 3:52pm On Dec 22, 2022
Christmas is a time to celebrate the birth of jesus christ ,its a time to give to the less privilege ,show love to the needy ,merry christmas and happy new in advance ,i pray the lord use u to bless me
Re: #### Christmas Giveaway: 5K each For 10 People by Nobody: 3:57pm On Dec 22, 2022
timbs001:

Christmas is a celebration, a time for giving and not simply a day we exchange gifts. The spirit of Christmas is in the 'togetherness', it's in the thought to which you put into thinking about others, it's a selfless time, where we forgive, take stock of what's important and become 'better' versions of ourselves
Re: #### Christmas Giveaway: 5K each For 10 People by Larryfest(m): 4:15pm On Dec 22, 2022
Christmas is the season of love and togetherness, sharing and caring to all around us..
Re: #### Christmas Giveaway: 5K each For 10 People by gameova(m): 4:27pm On Dec 22, 2022
timbs001:
In the spirit of the season, I will be doing some giveaways (Please see Topic title) in the next few days before Christmas in order to allow those that need aid in this season to buy some stuff to celebrate Christmas with their loved ones.

Christmas means to me a moment to reflect on the year and thank God for life and blessing(s) . It's also a season of love and sharing. Not forgetting the reason for the celebration which is the birth of Jesus. Thanks alot
Re: #### Christmas Giveaway: 5K each For 10 People by chidiogo123(f): 4:28pm On Dec 22, 2022
timbs001, God bless you so much for your kind heart. Christmas is a time to share love with others. A time to remember the birth of Christ and love each other just as Christ loved us. God bless you.
Re: #### Christmas Giveaway: 5K each For 10 People by seankafor(m): 4:30pm On Dec 22, 2022
Christmas is for me, a time for love and reflection of our lives a at the end of the year..

To know how far we have come, the success, the failures and also the mistakes while learning from them..

It's a time to also unite with our family and loved ones..

Merry Christmas to you @ timbs001
Re: #### Christmas Giveaway: 5K each For 10 People by Cornerstone2018: 4:53pm On Dec 22, 2022
Christmas is about the son of God, Jesus Christ, it is about how he came to give us love, joy and hope. And the same is expected of us to give love, joy and hope among ourselves and especially to the less priviledge during this period.
Re: #### Christmas Giveaway: 5K each For 10 People by Donbunchis: 5:00pm On Dec 22, 2022
Joy to the world, the child is born. Let the earth receive her king.

Merry Christmas nairaland!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My 21yr Old Sister Is Sleeping With Her Friend's Husband(her Lecturer) / What Your Sleeping Position Says About Your Relationship / My 3 Months Old Marriage Just Crushed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.