Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

I’ll Remove Petrol Subsidy, Tinubu Vows At Luncheon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Remove Petrol Subsidy, Tinubu Vows At Luncheon (736 Views)

‘I’ll Remove Gov Uzodinma’- PDP’s Anyanwu Vows / President Buhari Attends Wedding Luncheon Of His Son, Yusuf (Photos) / Buratai Hosts Soldiers To Easter Luncheon (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ll Remove Petrol Subsidy, Tinubu Vows At Luncheon by jumper524(m): 7:38am On Dec 23, 2022
“How can we be subsidising fuel consumption of Cameroon, Niger and Benin Republic. No matter how long you protest, we are going to remove subsidy.”

Republic. No matter how long you protest, we are going to remove subsidy.”

Presidential candidate of All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu, stated this, yesterday, at the ‘Business Lunch with Asiwaju’ in Lagos with young business stakeholders organised by Business Forward to analyse his contribution in the business sector.

There, Tinubu unfolded his plans on restructuring, insecurity, economy, power, healthcare, education, women and youth empowerment.

He said that when he was Lagos governor, his team developed institutions and policies that changed the face of the state in terms of economy and security.

“We shall train and give economic opportunity to the poorest and most vulnerable among us. We seek a Nigeria where no parent is compelled to send a child to bed hungry, worried whether tomorrow shall bring food.

“We shall generate, transmit and distribute sufficient, affordable electricity to give our people the requisite power to live their dreams,” he said.

On insecurity, Tinubu stated: “We will mobilise the totality of our national security, military and law enforcement assets to protect all Nigerians from danger and from the fear, expand and improve the use of technology, enhance recruitment of personnel, as well as bolster existing agencies and systems to achieve the fundamental national security goal.”

The APC standard-bearer further said military doctrine and practice would be redefined by Anti-terrorist Battalions (ABATTS), upgrading tactical communications and transportation, upgrade weapons system, exploit aerial and technological superiority, improve salaries and welfare, win hearts and minds using targeted economic programmes, in collaboration with state governments.

He pledged continuous assistance to farmers through enlightened agricultural policy that promotes productivity and assures decent income to support the family and feed the nation.

Describing himself as a thinker and doer, who is committed to breaking the shackles of poverty, ignorance and failure, the Jagaban of Borgu Kingdom noted that democracy is not easy but the best system of governance available to humanity.

“By all means necessary, there must be electricity, and you will no longer pay estimated bills,” he added.

Co-Convener, Business Forward, Oluwaseun Faleye, said the platform is setting the stage of a successful collaboration between the public and private sectors for the benefit of the country’s economy
Mynd44

https://guardian.ng/news/ill-remove-petrol-subsidy-tinubu-vows-at-luncheon/

Re: I’ll Remove Petrol Subsidy, Tinubu Vows At Luncheon by jumper524(m): 7:38am On Dec 23, 2022
If your unintelligent, you'll criticize this move.
A crook headed politician would dodge this part. He knows alot of social media nigerians are unintelligent and sad people so they'll criticize the move and never look out for the benefit of such move.
Asiwaju is brave and he'll tell you to your face the harsh truth and reality.

In nigeria price of petrol is about 280 per litre as at now, in benin Republic it's over 500naira, imagine the level of smuggling going on, more than 30% of our products is being moved to neighbouring States at a much cheaper price despite them having a much cheaper economy. I grew up in badagry lagos and I can tell you to your face, no amount of security can permanently stop the smugling of fuel products.
Re: I’ll Remove Petrol Subsidy, Tinubu Vows At Luncheon by beejaay: 7:45am On Dec 23, 2022
jumper524:
If your unintelligent, you'll criticize this move.

are you talking about the same move you criticised in 2012 and the same tinubu bankrolled in ojota and buhari rallied against and all artist in lagos were fuming in the mouth going against..abeg what has changed that he now understand the importance of the removal and he wont even care for any protest no matter how long...you see how unintelligent you are....tinubu and his fellow dogs know whats best for the country even as far back as 2005 but instead went against the country in 2012 because of their own selfish interest, una see where that interest have gotten us now..tinubu and his likes are the number 1 enemy of the country

1 Like

Re: I’ll Remove Petrol Subsidy, Tinubu Vows At Luncheon by agadez007(m): 7:46am On Dec 23, 2022
Looking at the pics posted,that’s certainly not a handshake
Sanwo olu is helping him to walk
Why does tinubu want to become president at all cost even when he himself knows he is sick and weak?

Re: I’ll Remove Petrol Subsidy, Tinubu Vows At Luncheon by Abdul05: 7:50am On Dec 23, 2022
When tinubu speaks or discusses about economics.... grin

one can see that he knows his subject very well and Nigerians always agree... cheesy grin
Re: I’ll Remove Petrol Subsidy, Tinubu Vows At Luncheon by herkeem: 7:57am On Dec 23, 2022
Your protest won't stop my petroleum Subsidy Removal. Tinubu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfRbeTgUBAo

1 Like

Re: I’ll Remove Petrol Subsidy, Tinubu Vows At Luncheon by Racoon(m): 7:59am On Dec 23, 2022
Same fuel subsidy you opposed many years and your claimed to have removed but continued to pay homongous claims as subsidy over the past 7 years?
Re: I’ll Remove Petrol Subsidy, Tinubu Vows At Luncheon by Freestainworld(m): 8:07am On Dec 23, 2022
This man and his urchins tears will floor like a river after the election.
Re: I’ll Remove Petrol Subsidy, Tinubu Vows At Luncheon by jumper524(m): 8:37am On Dec 23, 2022
beejaay:

are you talking about the same move you criticised in 2012 and the same tinubu bankrolled in ojota and buhari rallied against and all artist in lagos were fuming in the mouth going against..abeg what has changed that he now understand the importance of the removal and he wont even care for any protest no matter how long...you see how unintelligent you are....tinubu and his fellow dogs know whats best for the country even as far back as 2005 but instead went against the country in 2012 because of their own selfish interest, una see where that interest have gotten us now..tinubu and his likes are the number 1 enemy of the country
i criticized the move in 2012 because I was ill learned and I'll informed. As at 2017 I was well informed and I even criticized buhari for not being able to implement it on time.
Re: I’ll Remove Petrol Subsidy, Tinubu Vows At Luncheon by jumper524(m): 8:40am On Dec 23, 2022
Racoon:
Same fuel subsidy you opposed many years and your claimed to have removed but continued to pay homongous claims as subsidy over the past 7 years?
Tinubu never opposed subsidy removal rather he encouraged that it shouldn't be removed at a go so as the Nigerian masses be able to adjust gradually to it.
Re: I’ll Remove Petrol Subsidy, Tinubu Vows At Luncheon by Britishpea: 8:52am On Dec 23, 2022
Very intelligent move. How can we subsidize in Nigeria, that’s richer while Cameroon, Niger rep, Benin rep are the ones enjoying the oil. Independent marketers ship the subsidized products to those countries to sell at the expense of the country.

Let them remove it and use the money for other things. Tinubu is a truthful man. He said we could protest if we want but he’s going to remove it. How many candidates can boldly say this?

Vote for Tinubu for a better Nigeria and let the country’s hope be renewed.
Re: I’ll Remove Petrol Subsidy, Tinubu Vows At Luncheon by jumper524(m): 8:59am On Dec 23, 2022
Britishpea:
Very intelligent move. How can we subsidize in Nigeria, that’s richer while Cameroon, Niger rep, Benin rep are the ones enjoying the oil. Independent marketers ship the subsidized products to those countries to sell at the expense of the country.

Let them remove it and use the money for other things. Tinubu is a truthful man. He said we could protest if we want but he’s going to remove it. How many candidates can boldly say this?

Vote for Tinubu for a better Nigeria and let the country’s hope be renewed.
exactly my point. Remove subsidy and increase salary. That way we can start working properly towards the regulation of the petrol products. There's light at the end of the tunnel as more refinery project would soon kickstand across the country.
Re: I’ll Remove Petrol Subsidy, Tinubu Vows At Luncheon by beejaay: 12:13pm On Dec 23, 2022
jumper524:
i criticized the move in 2012 because I was ill learned and I'll informed. As at 2017 I was well informed and I even criticized buhari for not being able to implement it on time.

i like your honesty sir.. you and i know that someone of tinubu calibre knoew very well that removing subsidy in 2012 was the right move but instead he and his fellow leaders went against it cos of their primordial sentiments and wants and inturn caused all great sufferings..if we can be deceived by the people we hold in high esteem over something as important as energy how then can we trust them on what they are saying now and their innate sentiments again...leaders are suppose to defend the country not their innate sentiments..

(1) (Reply)

Peter Obi's Emotional Speech In Kwara That Can Make Youths Not Sell Their Votes / Political matters / Pdp Underestimated Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.