Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,994 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Tinubu: I Will Remove Fuel Subsidy, Your Protests Won’t Stop Me - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: I Will Remove Fuel Subsidy, Your Protests Won’t Stop Me (43368 Views)

Subsidy: Your Policies Inflicting Hardship On Nigerians, CAN Tackles Tinubu / Tinubu: I Didn't Travel To France And I am Still The Jagaban / Atiku: Oshiomhole Frustrated Plans To Remove Fuel Subsidy By Obasanjo Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu: I Will Remove Fuel Subsidy, Your Protests Won’t Stop Me by oloriooko(m): 1:27pm On Dec 23, 2022
But he led the protest against GEJ govt removing same subsidy
This eediot is a big fuul pretending to care about the people he's a power monger nothing good can come out of this dude

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Will Remove Fuel Subsidy, Your Protests Won’t Stop Me by CodeTemplar: 1:27pm On Dec 23, 2022
Image123:

LoLz, you are desperately comparing apples and tomatoes here. The devil is gearing to rule the world, is Obi or whosoever you support not gearing to be president? Are you not even praying for someone with sense to be president?
As a former CU student, you should know better how to use words like "foot soldier".
in the absence of substance, frivolities like usage of "foot soldier" and assumed studentship of the past becomes your main point.
The clear evidence of your liquid brain being unsettled by your heartbeat for APC.
Re: Tinubu: I Will Remove Fuel Subsidy, Your Protests Won’t Stop Me by tarantino1: 1:27pm On Dec 23, 2022
Image123:

cheesy Don't take it too hard on yourself dear, i will deliberately not answer you. grin

Tell me why you think this year is a better time for subsidy removal than 2012. I want to know if truly you are knowledgeable or if you're parroting the nonsense your Baba blue god stated.

You will not use empty words to evade my question.
Re: Tinubu: I Will Remove Fuel Subsidy, Your Protests Won’t Stop Me by omonnakoda: 1:27pm On Dec 23, 2022
Goodluck Jonathan or Rather Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala on January 1 2012 announced the removal of subsidy. They did not consult the National Assembly , Nigerians or even the PDP . Jonathan won election in 2011
. He did not tell Nigerians whilst campaigning that he would remove subsidy and so the reaction was predictable.Within a few weeks we saw evidence of fraud in the subsidy budget with Otedola playing to the gallery.

If fuel subsidy is to be removed then there should be dialogue and consultation not a dictatorial approach where you just wake up on New Year's day and announce removal without carrying even your own party along
Re: Tinubu: I Will Remove Fuel Subsidy, Your Protests Won’t Stop Me by CSTRR: 1:28pm On Dec 23, 2022
As much as fuel subsidy removal is the right thing,this man is too unfeeling, too corrupt to empathise with the masses, make their lives easier and properly invest the freed up funds.

Nigerians are seeing all the red flags now.

This man lacks empathy. A key quality of a leader

If you allow him win, that is una business o.
Re: Tinubu: I Will Remove Fuel Subsidy, Your Protests Won’t Stop Me by Image123(m): 1:28pm On Dec 23, 2022
Angelfrost:

How many Nigerians trust this useless government of today?!!

You say Nigerians can't protest today??! EndSars protesters were from what nation?!!

What has APC done to better things since 2015?!!

How do they pick campaigners for APC please?!! No wonder Tinubu is desperate!

Nothing meaningful to sell to Nigerians!

Trust is not in play today, the accounts are. It's simply unaffordable. Anyone you care to vote for has said that they are removing subsidy. Let's cry together next year cheesy
Re: Tinubu: I Will Remove Fuel Subsidy, Your Protests Won’t Stop Me by CSTRR: 1:31pm On Dec 23, 2022
The funny thing is that the people that need Peter obi the most are the people hating on him the most.

By the time fuel subsidy is removed(which is inevitable), you would need a Caring leader to minimise the impact on the masses with policies borne out of empathy.

The core north are already suffering great poverty.

How will they cope under such an unfeeling leader like Tinubu.?

Poverty and suffering pro max.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Will Remove Fuel Subsidy, Your Protests Won’t Stop Me by LOVEGINO(m): 1:33pm On Dec 23, 2022
HomoSapiien:
It’d be unreasonable for anyone to protest again fuel subsidy now.

Fuel subsidy must go for the greater good to come.
which good wan come? More avenue 4 looting.
Re: Tinubu: I Will Remove Fuel Subsidy, Your Protests Won’t Stop Me by Image123(m): 1:33pm On Dec 23, 2022
CodeTemplar:
in the absence of substance, frivolities like usage of "foot soldier" and assumed studentship of the past becomes your main point.
The clear evidence of your liquid brain being unsettled by your heartbeat for APC.

oga i am not this learned, stop confusing me with big grammar. You need to be clear in abusing me oh, because i don't understand all these Shakespeare you are writing. You go speak grammar tire next year. cheesy cheesy It seems CU didn't have Student Union to allow you exercise these complex skills.
Re: Tinubu: I Will Remove Fuel Subsidy, Your Protests Won’t Stop Me by CSTRR: 1:33pm On Dec 23, 2022
oloriooko:
But he led the protest against GEJ govt removing same subsidy
This eediot is a big fuul pretending to care about the people he's a power monger nothing good can come out of this dude
Desperate politicians have no integrity.

They bend based on political realities.

Subsidy removal is somewhat politically netrual right now, so Tinubu has no problem with it.
Re: Tinubu: I Will Remove Fuel Subsidy, Your Protests Won’t Stop Me by obyno82: 1:35pm On Dec 23, 2022
mfm04622:

Stop lying! Nobody was shot at Lekki Toll gate.
Shots were fired in the air to disperse the rioters. Govt has a right, no, a duty to disperse the rioters immediately they start infringing on other people's rights.

Haaaa!!!!!!!!!!!! fear God ooooo nobody was shot ehnnnn. BBC eye with satellite imagery showed soldier shooting directly at protesters, just because the tribunal was just for show that is why it was not deliberated the way it should
Re: Tinubu: I Will Remove Fuel Subsidy, Your Protests Won’t Stop Me by ablejesus26(m): 1:37pm On Dec 23, 2022
Betanaija42moro:
APC will always be APC. Tinubu will not be different from Buhari if he wins.

Nigerians should start tightening their belt in case he becomes the president.

His only hope is the North. Although their body language reeks of rejection,it seems they are set out to teach him humility grin
He has been rejected already down SE/SS and the MB.
The people supporting him up North are doing so for bubu's sake.
You worked against Our Southern candidate during his own tenure now he wants the South to support him,with his unfair and unjustified Muslim-muslim agenda at a time when terrorist are pushing hard on their Islamization madness.
Let us all join hands and take APC out first, normal normal them no suppose dey contest again, them suppose dey beg for forgiveness.
I STAND WITH PETER OBI.
Re: Tinubu: I Will Remove Fuel Subsidy, Your Protests Won’t Stop Me by Invitationn: 1:39pm On Dec 23, 2022
Amperes:
Subsidy that would have become history by now, you and your minions shut down the whole country saying subsidy was a scam. 10 years later you are now claiming you will remove the same subsidy.
Whose fault was it that GEJ was balless and "confidence-less"?
He couldn't even convince anyone why subsidy should be removed. No replacement plans either.
Re: Tinubu: I Will Remove Fuel Subsidy, Your Protests Won’t Stop Me by DeLaRue: 1:39pm On Dec 23, 2022
Ogbuefi2020:
After instigating a protest against GEJ for removing the same subsidy?

I don't even know if Tinubu 'instigated' protest against Jonathan's attempt to remove fuel subsidy. But even if he did 10 years ago, he must never be allowed to change his mind?
Re: Tinubu: I Will Remove Fuel Subsidy, Your Protests Won’t Stop Me by Angelfrost(m): 1:39pm On Dec 23, 2022
Image123:

Trust is not in play today, the accounts are. It's simply unaffordable. Anyone you care to vote for has said that they are removing subsidy. Let's cry together next year cheesy

Good... Everyone knows subsidy has to go, or should have since been removed!

The issue here is that the same set of people who argued against it vehemently in the past have no moral standing today to speak on its removal! That's the simple crux of this thread.

Next time, stick to the objective of a discourse.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Will Remove Fuel Subsidy, Your Protests Won’t Stop Me by Mrfixitt(m): 1:41pm On Dec 23, 2022
Ogbuefi2020:
After instigating a protest against GEJ for removing the same subsidy?
Tinubu and Apc are shameless
Re: Tinubu: I Will Remove Fuel Subsidy, Your Protests Won’t Stop Me by Cantonese: 1:43pm On Dec 23, 2022
BATified2023:
One thing about Nigerians is that they find it very hard to accept the truth especially when it doesn’t suit them

They want someone who will lie to them later n shenk them with reality when the going gets tough

Where is the 65 naira per litre buhari promised them?

Where is the heaven buhari promised them?

But here is someone saying it as it is but they want sweet lies

Irrespective of whoever becomes president subsidy will b removed, that’s just d bitter truth we have to tell ourselves

Shameless die hard Bewitched follower. You fell for them because of the sweet nothing promises. You fell for them when they told you that subsidy was scam against GEJ. You fell for them when they promised One naira to one dollar.

Now they have towed the same path as GEJ and you agree.

Even Muntula better pass all una.
Re: Tinubu: I Will Remove Fuel Subsidy, Your Protests Won’t Stop Me by omonnakoda: 1:43pm On Dec 23, 2022
Tannhauser:
cool angry
Red flags everywhere but some people remain blinded by tribal sentiments.
I am against fuel subsidy but saying he would remove it despite Nigerians protest is nothing short of dictatorial.
I mean, what else is he going to do without taking into consideration the opinions and plight of ordinary Nigerians.
Brace up people, a dictator is coming (heaven forbid)
lipsrsealed embarassed
Tinubu has always been autocratic. He is a dictator

Objectively saying this now is the correct thing it is a legitimate election issue. If he wins he can claim he has the mandate to do it and those who disagree have been warned so they should vote someone else who will keep the subsidy. It is not at all complex; a vote for Tinubu is a vote for subsidy removal
Re: Tinubu: I Will Remove Fuel Subsidy, Your Protests Won’t Stop Me by benjaminlawson(m): 1:43pm On Dec 23, 2022
Amperes:
Subsidy that would have become history by now, you and your minions shut down the whole country saying subsidy was a scam. 10 years later you are now claiming you will remove the same subsidy.
This is the irony of life, they said it is a scam, they are now spending more than 1000% of what was spent then, now he was so arrogant to tell us that our protest will not stop it, as God lives you will never smell that seat. Your party has been so arrogant to Nigeria electorate, you do what please you at the expense of masses, you increase tax at will, power cost unbearable even with the subsidy. Now if your argument is that fuel is being taken to neighboring countries, is it not your government in charge of custom, if our fuel is being taken out, why cant all the senior custom officers sacked. What are the duties of immigration, navy, army, police that they cannot get these smugglers arrested. So it is the masses that we bear the incompetence of the elected leaders, what happen to the truck that was arrested in Adamawa border, instead of punishing the smuggler, it is the poor officer who is patriotic that was arrested. That tells us that it is our elected leaders that are behind it. So emilokan, go and stop them from smuggling our fuel out instead of making our lives more miserable, because increase in fuel price has bad wagon effect on general price level.
Re: Tinubu: I Will Remove Fuel Subsidy, Your Protests Won’t Stop Me by CodeTemplar: 1:44pm On Dec 23, 2022
Image123:

oga i am not this learned, stop confusing me with big grammar. You need to be clear in abusing me oh, because i don't understand all these Shakespeare you are writing. You go speak grammar tire next year. cheesy cheesy It seems CU didn't have Student Union to allow you exercise these complex skills.
May it was your babalawo father that couldn't feed you that created CU and allowed to end up in an institution breeding shrine administrators who consults dead gods to post on a faceless forum.
Address the subsidy issues like someone who truly passed through a school with a functional student union where welfare of the majority are championed.
Or in your derailed cult infiltrated and infested student union, is it perceived background of others you guys discuss?
Re: Tinubu: I Will Remove Fuel Subsidy, Your Protests Won’t Stop Me by omonnakoda: 1:47pm On Dec 23, 2022
Invitationn:

Whose fault was it that GEJ was balless and "confidence-less"?
He couldn't even convince anyone why subsidy should be removed. No replacement plans either.
The simple truth is that Jonathan abdicated responsibility. He did not make that decision it was Okonjo-Iweala unfortunately she did not do her homework. She took office in August and in her first budget the subsidy bill trebled indicating fraud. Which was later exposed by Otedola with a certain Farouk
That decision should have been a PDP decision but the party was not carried along so how could they support it?
Jonathan did not understand it and so could not fight the battle

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Will Remove Fuel Subsidy, Your Protests Won’t Stop Me by EmekaBlue(m): 1:47pm On Dec 23, 2022
Signs of a dictator whether he is right here or wrong!

We say Noooooo

Obi for president 2023
Re: Tinubu: I Will Remove Fuel Subsidy, Your Protests Won’t Stop Me by Image123(m): 1:48pm On Dec 23, 2022
CodeTemplar:
May it was your babalawo father that couldn't feed you that created CU and allowed to end up in an institution breeding shrine administrators who consults dead gods to post on a faceless forum.
Address the subsidy issues like someone who truly passed through a school with a functional student union where welfare of the majority are championed.
Or in your derailed cult infiltrated and infested student union, is it perceived background of others you guys discuss?

Now you are very angry brother. i have never read you speak so incoherently. Calm down, life is beautiful, and Jesus is Lord.
Re: Tinubu: I Will Remove Fuel Subsidy, Your Protests Won’t Stop Me by Ted4real: 1:48pm On Dec 23, 2022
Asiwaju for gutter?

Peter obi is the only capable man to replaced Buhari!!!

His winner is sure with a wider margin!!!
Re: Tinubu: I Will Remove Fuel Subsidy, Your Protests Won’t Stop Me by Kilamba612: 1:49pm On Dec 23, 2022
The same man that blocked the whole roads Lagos, when Jonathan attempted to remove it.

okay we don hear next please!
Re: Tinubu: I Will Remove Fuel Subsidy, Your Protests Won’t Stop Me by CodeTemplar: 1:49pm On Dec 23, 2022
Image123:

You must love your English teacher, now was there corruption in 2012 or no?
Do i look like corruption timekeeper?
Or your brain that could remember frivolities of 2012 couldn't remember that of after 2012 whereby Buhari daughter was flying on public fund to snap frivolities personified. That's frivolity within frivolity and your student union infested and donated brain couldn't pick it. Wow...
Re: Tinubu: I Will Remove Fuel Subsidy, Your Protests Won’t Stop Me by kollinz1234(m): 1:50pm On Dec 23, 2022
Thinkam:
This one won't even pretend to care about ordinary Nigerians before he gets there, he's already showing himself, at least buhari pretended well..

Lol, the dictator, the man that allowed his dogs slaughter 3000 northerners because his brother is president, even the maddest eegbo doesn't come close.

This is the mad vicious dog, some want as president, if you thought buhari was a tyrant brace up.

Atiku is coming

Biologically? 7

Communally? 120

Regionally? 3000

That's not my name drugnified urchin..

My name is Nnamdi Kanu, I am from Abia community in Kano state, I want Atiku to win, so my brother Ifeanyi can release me from DSS dungeon..
Any other questions sir?
Kudos. You fixed that urchin well and placed him exactly where he belongs
Re: Tinubu: I Will Remove Fuel Subsidy, Your Protests Won’t Stop Me by Invitationn: 1:51pm On Dec 23, 2022
IFSHR:

On Monday 2, 2012, Alhaji Ahmed Bola Tinubu and his minions led a protest christened Occupy Nigeria against the removal of subsidy by then President Goodluck Jonathan.

Then, fuel was to cost 140 naira per litre as a result of the subsidy removal. And the government in power then introduced what it called Subsidy Reinvestment Programme (SURE-P). The program was going to ensure the rolling out of govt sponsored transport vehicles that run cheaper than others. Another thing the program was to do was to introduce a scheme that would empower youths with startup capital (not 5k chewing gum money) through a merit pool. But the protest scuttled this wonderful policy and ensured that we will continue with the evil of subsidy until a later date when we will still bear the brunt.

Peter obi for president
Paperwork SURE-P just like all GEJ policies and projects...just ideas no action.
If GEJ had focused more at plugging the leakages in our treasury- especially the largest sinkhole created by his protege Diezani Madueke instead of removing subsidy, who knows, his truncated second term bid would have been successful.
Re: Tinubu: I Will Remove Fuel Subsidy, Your Protests Won’t Stop Me by IFSHR: 1:53pm On Dec 23, 2022
Invitationn:

Paperwork SURE-P just like all GEJ policies and projects...just ideas no action.
If GEJ had focused more at plugging the leakages in our treasury- especially the largest sinkhole created by his protege Diezani Madueke instead of removing subsidy, who knows, his truncated second term bid would have been successful.

Gej left the government shores 7+years ago...APC government have been there since then...they are both failure....but then the subject matter of the post is the inconsistent nature of BAT.....
Re: Tinubu: I Will Remove Fuel Subsidy, Your Protests Won’t Stop Me by omonnakoda: 1:53pm On Dec 23, 2022
Image123:

It's clear to the blind and even dead that it's now unaffordable.
It has always been unaffordable at least in terms of opportunity costs but the removal is a politcal matter that requires skill and dexterity. It is not as simple as the president declaring it . He needs support of the National Assembly and other groups in Nigeria. Jonathan could not muster that support. Let us see whether Tinubu will win election first and then whether he does not chicken out. Even military governments have had to back down so let us see
Re: Tinubu: I Will Remove Fuel Subsidy, Your Protests Won’t Stop Me by Image123(m): 1:54pm On Dec 23, 2022
Angelfrost:

Good... Everyone knows subsidy has to go, or should have since been removed!

The issue here is that the same set of people who argued against it vehemently in the past have no moral standing today to speak on its removal! That's the simple crux of this thread.

Next time, stick to the objective of a discourse.

Lol. Moral standing kwa, we are talking of financial standing here. So they must live in a bubble or put head inside ground like ostrich? Is their word the unchangeable word of God or something? You that agreed to a salary in 2012, why don't you have the moral standing to stick to that agreement?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

NLC To Declare Nationwide Strike Against Electricity Tariff Hike, Fuel Scarcity / APC Expels Three Chieftains For Diverting Campaign Funds / What The NewYork Times Said About Nigerians. Photo Attached.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.