Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,121 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Nigerian Youth Like Money, But Do We Go About It The Wise Way? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerian Youth Like Money, But Do We Go About It The Wise Way? (524 Views)

[Apply Now] Transforming Nigerian Youth Program By Edc-mastercard Foundation / What Do I Do. Someone Claimed He Sent Me Money But I Havent Seen It For 24 Hours / Nigerian Youth Investment Fund: Details And How To Apply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Youth Like Money, But Do We Go About It The Wise Way? by Haleemahummar: 1:16pm On Dec 23, 2022
Everyone agrees that money is significant in our lives. Money is a legal tender, and it makes the world go round. Financial Literacy is the ability to make, manage and multiply money. It is the machinery for every economy; with it, some thrive, and others don't. You can only tell the physical difference between the rich and the poor by the amount of money they have.

Most of us want to travel to oyibo land for greener pastures, but what are they doing right that we are not? For me, I think it's Financial Literacy. We are eager to make money, spend it all on expensive things to gain certain social status, and get broke, and the cycle continues until we die. We are just bad at managing our finances.

Whether we know it or not, from our political leaders to parents to individual youth, financial literacy knowledge is as necessary as the singular act of making money.
Re: Nigerian Youth Like Money, But Do We Go About It The Wise Way? by Joannebassey: 9:43pm On Dec 25, 2022
I recently heard that QNET has embarked on a financial literacy programme for young people in Nigeria called FINGREEN (I saw it on social media). However, I did not get the opportunity to participate because I was told the slot was for just 20 people. My understanding of the initiative, as explained by a friend who attended, was that they aimed to train about 6,000 young people in Nigeria on Financial Literacy.
Since this was a pilot, they trained 20 participants who were mandated to carry out individual peer-to-peer training in their communities. So far, about 600 young people in Lagos, Ogun, Osun, and Oyo states have benefited from this.

Imagine this goes viral, and they can achieve their aim, which means our youth and some of us here will get literate on making and keeping money and not falling victim to scams and fraud in Nigeria. Imagine all 6,000 people know how to save, work with a budget, use credit cards wisely etc. Omo, our lives will be much better and more well-organized.

Haleemahummar:
Everyone agrees that money is significant in our lives. Money is a legal tender, and it makes the world go round. Financial Literacy is the ability to make, manage and multiply money. It is the machinery for every economy; with it, some thrive, and others don't. You can only tell the physical difference between the rich and the poor by the amount of money they have.

Most of us want to travel to oyibo land for greener pastures, but what are they doing right that we are not? For me, I think it's Financial Literacy. We are eager to make money, spend it all on expensive things to gain certain social status, and get broke, and the cycle continues until we die. We are just bad at managing our finances.

Whether we know it or not, from our political leaders to parents to individual youth, financial literacy knowledge is as necessary as the singular act of making money.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Youth Like Money, But Do We Go About It The Wise Way? by Joannebassey: 9:45pm On Dec 25, 2022
Haleemahummar:

Re: Nigerian Youth Like Money, But Do We Go About It The Wise Way? by TheManofTomorrow(m): 8:14am On Dec 26, 2022
Joannebassey:
I recently heard that QNET has embarked on a financial literacy programme for young people in Nigeria called FINGREEN (I saw it on social media). However, I did not get the opportunity to participate because I was told the slot was for just 20 people. My understanding of the initiative, as explained by a friend who attended, was that they aimed to train about 6,000 young people in Nigeria on Financial Literacy.
Since this was a pilot, they trained 20 participants who were mandated to carry out individual peer-to-peer training in their communities. So far, about 600 young people in Lagos, Ogun, Osun, and Oyo states have benefited from this.

Imagine this goes viral, and they can achieve their aim, which means our youth and some of us here will get literate on making and keeping money and not falling victim to scams and fraud in Nigeria. Imagine all 6,000 people know how to save, work with a budget, use credit cards wisely, etc. Omo, our lives will be much better and more well-organized.

Bro, can I contact you privately to learn more about the FINGREEN financial literacy program?

I'll really love to be involved
Re: Nigerian Youth Like Money, But Do We Go About It The Wise Way? by Haleemahummar: 8:13pm On Dec 26, 2022
LOL, when I heard about it, I thought it was one of those scamming activities people do in the name of QNET where they say come and be trained for a job, you go, and they tell you to pay.
This was a free event.
So, as usual, I went to their website http://www.qnet.net and found https://www.qnet.net/fingreen/.

I realised they used the same principle as their direct selling model to try and reach out to more youth in Nigeria. This time it's not on product sales but on educating people on financial literacy. Peer-to-peer training is an innovative way of ensuring that age gaps break the knowledge barriers between them. It is also a surefire way to have a ripple effect on the passage of knowledge.

Joannebassey:

Imagine this goes viral, and they can achieve their aim, which means our youth and some of us here will get literate on making and keeping money and not falling victim to scams and fraud in Nigeria. Imagine all 6,000 people know how to save, work with a budget, use credit cards wisely etc. Omo, our lives will be much better and more well-organized.
Re: Nigerian Youth Like Money, But Do We Go About It The Wise Way? by XAUBulls: 1:58am On Feb 27, 2023
Joannebassey:

Re: Nigerian Youth Like Money, But Do We Go About It The Wise Way? by XAUBulls: 2:00am On Feb 27, 2023
Haleemahummar:
LOL, when I heard about it, I thought it was one of those scamming activities people do in the name of QNET where they say come and be trained for a job, you go, and they tell you to pay.
This was a free event.

So, as usual, I went to their website http://www.qnet.net and found https://www.qnet.net/fingreen/.

I realised they used the same principle as their direct selling model to try and reach out to more youth in Nigeria. This time it's not on product sales but on educating people on financial literacy. Peer-to-peer training is an innovative way of ensuring that age gaps break the knowledge barriers between them. It is also a surefire way to have a ripple effect on the passage of knowledge.

(1) (Reply)

How To Report POS Agents Selling New Naira Notes – CBN / Am I Still Limited To The 20k Daily Limit / From 5k To 50k+ With Meta Force. U Need To Put The Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.