Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,086 members, 7,845,588 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

Tinubu Should Please Step Down For Obi In The Interest Of Southern Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Should Please Step Down For Obi In The Interest Of Southern Presidency (1565 Views)

2023: Buhari Wanted A Southern Presidency But We Are Now Divided - Umahi / Multiple Candidates Threaten Southern Presidency, Leaders Warn 24 Aspirants / El-Rufai: No Going Back On Support For Southern Presidency In 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Should Please Step Down For Obi In The Interest Of Southern Presidency by FreedomfromtheT: 4:45pm On Dec 23, 2022
All the opinion polls both physical and online indicate that Peter Obi, the candidate of the Labour Party is the most preferred of all the presidential candidates in the forthcoming 2023 Nigerian presidential election. Even the Nigeriadecides online polls being conducted by an American democratic and civil rights organization led by former president Jimmy Carter's wife shows that Peter Obi is leading with more than 99,000 votes with Bola Tinubu of the APC trailing with more than 86,000 votes while Atiku Abubakar of the PDP is coming a distant third with more than 71,000 votes.
Please can senator Bola Tinubu simply swallow his ego and quietly step down for Peter Obi in the interest of southern presidency? Moreover, doesn't equity, justice and the spirit of one Nigeria demand that a capable, credible and competent southern Christian in the person of Mr. Peter Obi should take over from the incumbent who is a northern Muslim?

20 Likes

Re: Tinubu Should Please Step Down For Obi In The Interest Of Southern Presidency by Princebizzie: 4:48pm On Dec 23, 2022
FTC!

Obi should step down instead, stop all these your misleading statistics just like your patron, Obi. Tinubu is going to win the election whether your region vote for him or not!

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu Should Please Step Down For Obi In The Interest Of Southern Presidency by duro4chang(m): 5:34pm On Dec 23, 2022
No . I disagree

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Should Please Step Down For Obi In The Interest Of Southern Presidency by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 6:13pm On Dec 23, 2022
Princebizzie:
FTC!

Obi should step down instead, stop all these your misleading statistics just like your patron, Obi. Tinubu is going to win the election whether your region vote for him or not!
Yoruba Muslim votes can't take tinubu anywhere

16 Likes

Re: Tinubu Should Please Step Down For Obi In The Interest Of Southern Presidency by SlurUsername1: 6:18pm On Dec 23, 2022
Why are guys scared of meeting at the poll and are always trying to blackmail Tinubu from contesting the election. Have you forgotten that Peter obis crowd is Organic and that Votes can't be manipulated in BVA era? Why stress yourself when everything points to Peter obi winning the election? grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Should Please Step Down For Obi In The Interest Of Southern Presidency by FreedomfromtheT: 9:55pm On Dec 23, 2022
Princebizzie:
FTC!

The statistics are not misleading, they are facts on ground. Those that conduct them are credible. ANAP polls have correctly predicted the 2011, 2015 and 2019 polls, what makes their polls of 2023 different? I know you are not happy that it doesn't favour your candidate and it's not ANAP's fault. My region is not the only one voting for Peter Obi. PO is loved by northerners, Southerners, easterners and westerners. I see no magic that Tinubu will perform to turn the tide. Rigging will not work. Intimidation and harassment of voters will not work. Blackmail of those not supporting him will not work. Please start getting used to calling Peter Obi your president. By the grace of God, Peter Obi's government will bring about peace and prosperity as well as bring the insecurity in Nigeria to a full stop. Nigeria will be great again.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Should Please Step Down For Obi In The Interest Of Southern Presidency by FreedomfromtheT: 9:56pm On Dec 23, 2022
Yamiriflathead:
Why are guys scared of meeting at the poll and are always trying to blackmail Tinubu from contesting the election. Have you forgotten that Peter obis crowd is Organic and that Votes can't be manipulated in BVA era? Why stress yourself when everything points to Peter obi winning the election? grin
And who is scared of meeting your candidate at the polls?

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Should Please Step Down For Obi In The Interest Of Southern Presidency by PureMe01: 9:59pm On Dec 23, 2022
FreedomfromtheT:
All the opinion polls both physical and online indicate that Peter Obi, the candidate of the Labour Party is the most preferred of all the presidential candidates in the forthcoming 2023 Nigerian presidential election. Even the Nigeriadecides online polls being conducted by an American democratic and civil rights organization led by former president Jimmy Carter's wife shows that Peter Obi is leading with more than 99,000 votes with Bola Tinubu of the APC trailing with more than 86,000 votes while Atiku Abubakar of the PDP is coming a distant third with more than 71,000 votes.
Please can senator Bola Tinubu simply swallow his ego and quietly step down for Peter Obi in the interest of southern presidency? Moreover, doesn't equity, justice and the spirit of one Nigeria demand that a capable, credible and competent southern Christian in the person of Mr. Peter Obi should take over from the incumbent who is a northern Muslim?
I'm OBIdient but I'm disappointed with this post of yours. W
You begging him to step down for Obi?

Why begging him?

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Should Please Step Down For Obi In The Interest Of Southern Presidency by FreedomfromtheT: 9:59pm On Dec 23, 2022
duro4chang:
No . I disagree
Why sir? Don't you want southern presidency? Southerners are to unite so that the presidency doesn't per chance go back to the Fulani north. Don't you think so?
Re: Tinubu Should Please Step Down For Obi In The Interest Of Southern Presidency by FreedomfromtheT: 10:02pm On Dec 23, 2022
PureMe01:

I'm OBIdient but I'm disappointed with this post of yours. W
You begging him to step down for Obi?

Why begging him?
I am not begging him sir. I want him to see reason why the entire south should unite under a more popular and trusted candidate so that power does not go back to the Fulani north after these 8 frightening years. If the south goes into the 2023 election with a divided house, it could happen but may Peter Obi win and become Nigeria's next president in Jesus' name, Amen. Thank you.

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu Should Please Step Down For Obi In The Interest Of Southern Presidency by Dapson73(m): 10:10pm On Dec 23, 2022
Lets wait for the real elections. Let no one step down for another. Let them of all test their popularities.

If Obi could won in all the acclaimed online and offline polls regardless of Tinubu's factor, we await the same results next two months during the general election.

Jagaban 2023 is non negotiable.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Should Please Step Down For Obi In The Interest Of Southern Presidency by floret23(f): 10:30pm On Dec 23, 2022
Princebizzie:
FTC!

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Should Please Step Down For Obi In The Interest Of Southern Presidency by Ogbuefi2020: 10:32pm On Dec 23, 2022
See what awaits the south if northerners smuggle Tinubu in

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Should Please Step Down For Obi In The Interest Of Southern Presidency by Superwave16320: 10:34pm On Dec 23, 2022
Since all the polls gave him victory what are you Igbos waiting for again

FreedomfromtheT:
Re: Tinubu Should Please Step Down For Obi In The Interest Of Southern Presidency by Superwave16320: 10:35pm On Dec 23, 2022
How far will Igbo christian vote take the Pandora kleptomaniac criminal
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Yoruba Muslim votes can't take tinubu anywhere
Re: Tinubu Should Please Step Down For Obi In The Interest Of Southern Presidency by duro4chang(m): 10:50am On Dec 24, 2022
FreedomfromtheT:
Why sir? Don't you want southern presidency? Southerners are to unite so that the presidency doesn't per chance go back to the Fulani north. Don't you think so?
I want Tinubu who is from the south

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Should Please Step Down For Obi In The Interest Of Southern Presidency by agadez007(m): 11:38am On Dec 24, 2022
Based on everything,Obi lokan and not baba druggie

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Should Please Step Down For Obi In The Interest Of Southern Presidency by FreedomfromtheT: 10:06pm On Dec 24, 2022
duro4chang:
I want Tinubu who is from the south
Will Muslims in Nigeria allow a a Christian president to hand over to another Christian with a Christian running mate?
Re: Tinubu Should Please Step Down For Obi In The Interest Of Southern Presidency by duro4chang(m): 10:12pm On Dec 24, 2022
FreedomfromtheT:
Will Muslims in Nigeria allow a a Christian president to hand over to another Christian with a Christian running mate?
I am a Christian. I can't answer for them. But to me religion should be personal. Those who claim to be Muslims are they more godly than non Muslims? The same things goes to the christians. Countries that do not lay emphasis on religion are even better than us. We are religious but wicked. Both Muslims and Christians embezzle,kill steal etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Should Please Step Down For Obi In The Interest Of Southern Presidency by asanausana91: 10:19pm On Dec 24, 2022
FreedomfromtheT:
Since Obi is leading in every poll why do you want Tinubu to step down? Why not just go and beat Tinubu and Atiku since the polls already show so.
Re: Tinubu Should Please Step Down For Obi In The Interest Of Southern Presidency by FreedomfromtheT: 10:20pm On Dec 24, 2022
Dapson73:
Lets wait for the real elections. Let no one step down for another. Let them of all test their popularities.

If Obi could won in all the acclaimed online and offline polls regardless of Tinubu's factor, we await the same results next two months during the general election.

Jagaban 2023 is non negotiable.
Don't you think this may jeopardize the quest for a southern president in 2023? Moreover, don't you think that Muslims in Nigeria will never want to allow a Christian president to hand over to another Christian let alone a Christian/Christian ticket as though Nigeria were a Christian country?
Re: Tinubu Should Please Step Down For Obi In The Interest Of Southern Presidency by FreedomfromtheT: 10:21pm On Dec 24, 2022
asanausana91:
Since Obi is leading in every poll why do you want Tinubu to step down? Why not just go and beat Tinubu and Atiku since the polls already show so.
Ok.
Re: Tinubu Should Please Step Down For Obi In The Interest Of Southern Presidency by asanausana91: 10:26pm On Dec 24, 2022
FreedomfromtheT:
The statistics are not misleading, they are facts on ground. Those that conduct them are credible. ANAP polls have correctly predicted the 2011, 2015 and 2019 polls, what makes their polls of 2023 different? I know you are not happy that it doesn't favour your candidate and it's not ANAP's fault. My region is not the only one voting for Peter Obi. PO is loved by northerners, Southerners, easterners and westerners. I see no magic that Tinubu will perform to turn the tide. Rigging will not work. Intimidation and harassment of voters will not work. Blackmail of those not supporting him will not work. Please start getting used to calling Peter Obi your president. By the grace of God, Peter Obi's government will bring about peace and prosperity as well as bring the insecurity in Nigeria to a full stop. Nigeria will be great again.
which Peter Obi? The same Peter obi that ipob put in prison every Monday? Peter Obi don't have a say when ipob cough. And people like you want to tell us that Peter Obi will be able to handle the security of this country?
Re: Tinubu Should Please Step Down For Obi In The Interest Of Southern Presidency by FreedomfromtheT: 10:28pm On Dec 24, 2022
duro4chang:
I am a Christian. I can't answer for them. But to me religion should be personal. Those who claim to be Muslims are they more godly than non Muslims? The same things goes to the christians. Countries that do not lay emphasis on religion are even better than us. We are religious but wicked. Both Muslims and Christians embezzle,kill steal etc.
That is not the point. If power is to be rotated between the north and South irrespective of whether the politicians are corrupt or not, why should only Muslims be ruling? Don't you know that if a Muslim succeeds to hand over to a Muslim/Muslim ticket, then Muslims can as well be ruling Nigeria till Christ comes and Nigeria can rightly be classified a Muslim country! God forbid! What Muslims cannot allow, they brainwash you to allow because they believe you are a second class citizen. Are you?
Re: Tinubu Should Please Step Down For Obi In The Interest Of Southern Presidency by asanausana91: 10:28pm On Dec 24, 2022
FreedomfromtheT:
I am not begging him sir. I want him to see reason why the entire south should unite under a more popular and trusted candidate so that power does not go back to the Fulani north after these 8 frightening years. If the south goes into the 2023 election with a divided house, it could happen but may Peter Obi win and become Nigeria's next president in Jesus' name, Amen. Thank you.
Peter Obi will never smell that Aso rock.
Re: Tinubu Should Please Step Down For Obi In The Interest Of Southern Presidency by 00FFT00(m): 10:32pm On Dec 24, 2022
FreedomfromtheT:

No need.
Tinubu knows he is no match for Obi in this election. He is still calculating that, somehow, he will find a way to cheat the odds.
I'd rather see Tinubu lose at the polls, as he will.
That will loosen up his chokehold on Lagos and give lagosians some oxygen to breathe.
Re: Tinubu Should Please Step Down For Obi In The Interest Of Southern Presidency by TheNiceGuy(m): 10:33pm On Dec 24, 2022
Secondary School graduate should step down his admission processes into University for a primary school graduate. Are you normal.

Obi contesting is an advantage for Tinubu. Don't be scared, let everyone go on the field
Re: Tinubu Should Please Step Down For Obi In The Interest Of Southern Presidency by FreedomfromtheT: 10:37pm On Dec 24, 2022
asanausana91:
which Peter Obi? The same Peter obi that ipob put in prison every Monday? Peter Obi don't have a say when ipob cough. And people like you want to tell us that Peter Obi will be able to handle the security of this country?
Sir, are you ignorant or simply mischievous? Please is Peter Obi still the governor and the chief security officer of Anambra state? Has he been sworn in yet as the commander-in-chief of the armed forces of the federal republic of Nigeria? Wait until May 29, 2023 after Obi's swearing in as the president and commander in chief of the armed forces of Nigeria. If the problem of insecurity continues, you can then blame him. But for now, the menace of insecurity in Nigeria should be put squarely at the feet of the incubent commander-in- chief and the chief security officers of the various states. Thank you.
Re: Tinubu Should Please Step Down For Obi In The Interest Of Southern Presidency by FreedomfromtheT: 10:43pm On Dec 24, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
Secondary School graduate should step down his admission processes into University for a primary school graduate. Are you normal.

Obi contesting is an advantage for Tinubu. Don't be scared, let everyone go on the field
Those who are planning to use thugs to intimidate voters are those who are actually scared. If you don't know sir, it is Tinubu's division of northern votes with Atiku and Kwankwaso that is working in Obi's favour and propelling him into Aso Rock come May 29th, 2023. We thank God for that. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Should Please Step Down For Obi In The Interest Of Southern Presidency by duro4chang(m): 10:44pm On Dec 24, 2022
FreedomfromtheT:
That is not the point. If power is to be rotated between the north and South irrespective of whether the politicians are corrupt or not, why should only Muslims be ruling? Don't you know that if a Muslim succeeds to hand over to a Muslim/Muslim ticket, then Muslims can as well be ruling Nigeria till Christ comes and Nigeria can rightly be classified a Muslim country! God forbid! What Muslims cannot allow, they brainwash you to allow because they believe you are a second class citizen. Are you?
Rotation is not even proper. The issue is that the north and the south do not trust each other. Muslims and Christians do not trust each other. But this can't take us anywhere. In a normal situation the best candidate should come from and part of the country irrespective of religion, tribe or creed. Though I have my own candidate but that does not mean another candidate musi not win. This is democracy. The minority will always have their say, while the majority will have their way.
Re: Tinubu Should Please Step Down For Obi In The Interest Of Southern Presidency by FreedomfromtheT: 10:44pm On Dec 24, 2022
00FFT00:

No need.
Tinubu knows he is no match for Obi in this election. He is still calculating that, somehow, he will find a way to cheat the odds.
I'd rather see Tinubu lose at the polls, as he will.
That will loosen up his chokehold on Lagos and give lagosians some oxygen to breathe.
Valid point.
Re: Tinubu Should Please Step Down For Obi In The Interest Of Southern Presidency by seunmsg(m): 10:50pm On Dec 24, 2022
Clowns everywhere.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Peter Obi Appoint Igbo To Represent Apapa Constituency / A Muslim Senate President Is Totally Unacceptable- Orji Uzor Kalu / What Exactly Is Wrong With Obi's Audio Conversation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.