Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,941 members, 7,863,321 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 03:21 PM

What Is Wrong With You People? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Is Wrong With You People? (282 Views)

What Is Really Wrong With Us Ooo?- Nigerian Man Asks Aba Residents / Is There Anything Wrong With This Man's Decision? / Seriously, How Are You People Able To Stay In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is Wrong With You People? by LocalStandard1(m): 10:35pm On Dec 23, 2022
Growing up even as a child my best TV program is called "GOGE AFRICA". I used to look forward to when I will grow up and tour the entire African continent to see the different cultures, peoples, traditions, religions and ways of live. My fascination and love for Africa and its people had no comprehension.
I saw, and still see myself in the same level and in many areas better than the whites, Asians etc.

But I have come to see and understand that Africa and the African people probably have the lowest self esteem and lowest self love than all other races or even creatures. The rate of self-hate, self-mockery, self-despising, self-loathing, self-degradation, self-negativity and everything awful the African has and sees himself is unimaginably unbelieving.

The average Nairalander, Nigerian and Black person sees nothing, zilch good about himself, his culture, his ancestral ways, practices and believes. To the average Black African the Black person is dirt, useless, Dumb, lost.

Very Wrong Mentality!!

Prove to what I wrote is the vast majority of Nairalanders here taking on every opportunity to trash, berate, insult, put-down, mock everything Africa, everything Black, everything that looks like or smells like them. That is not sophistication, that is not being civilized or enlightened that is being dumb and filled with ignorance and self-defeating hate, that is displaying a conquered mind.

There was a post on front page about a person trashing Nigerian food in the UK calling it smelly. My God!!!
A guy posted about a mother feeding her child and he was raining insults on her, people agreed and joined him and rained more insults on Africa and the "Black race" and it's cultures and ways of live. Outrageous!!!

Every society, every race, groups or continent has its problems. I have never seen a more beautiful group, beautiful cultures, traditions, marvelous and intriguing, colorful and rich, majestic and magnificent entity as the African society, people and its different settings.

I've seen, heard and read people say "I wish I was not born an African", " God why did you bring me as Black?". I say to those people get lost, I will want to come back a Black African Man a million times a million times. Every "developed" country, race or society you see today are holding on to there cultures and history and believes with great jealousy and esteem. the Chinese, Japanese, Middle Easterners, Westerners and their separate cultures and groups, Indians, South Americans, etc. But the African person seems the cheap, easy sell out.

If I was to be asked which country I would visit or relocate next it will be an African country. And I have been laughed at for being "too Black" skinned, I will never bleach my skin even in the dream. If you have nothing to contribute as an African and Black person, oh good, shamelessly bleach your skin and leave the continent, many have gone before you. Just pls stop the b*tching, the continent and people need proud solution finders not self-down-casting unproductive little shylings.

Thank you and save journey out.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Loto / How Do I Choose The Right Summer Camp In Ireland For My Child? / FG To Evacuate Nigerian Students In Sudan – Dabiri-erewa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.