Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,463 members, 7,830,318 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

2023: Niger Delta Tables Demands Before Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Niger Delta Tables Demands Before Obi (1459 Views)

2023 Niger Governorship Election Results From Polling Units / 2023: Niger Delta Group Drums Support For Yahaya Bello / Ibrahim Magu Tables 7 Demands Before Presidential Panel (full List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Niger Delta Tables Demands Before Obi by Ofunaofu: 8:49am On Dec 24, 2022
The leadership of the Pan Niger Delta Forum, PANDEF has tabled the demand for true federalism among other things before the presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Mr Peter Obi.

PANDEF made the demand at an interactive meeting held on Friday in Yenagoa when Obi visited Bayelsa State in continuation of his presidential campaign.

The group’s demand read to the Labour Party candidate which was signed by Senator Emmanuel Ibok Essien,

National Chairman and Dr Godknows B. Igali, Secretary, Board of Trustees, insisted that Obi shows commitment to a true federal structure if elected president of the country.

Senator Essien while presenting the region’s demands told Obi, “when you win you have to protect our interest because the Niger Delta is the region that produces over 80 per cent of the revenue of the country and we cannot be taken for granted. We are asking you to consider structural adjustment/devolution of power with more resources to the regions. This will help the regions to develop at their own pace and will help the country to grow.

“We also want you to look at the restructuring of NDDC, which was established to help the Niger Delta region. The policies, including regional master plan which were made have not been implemented. Also, projects like railway within the South South, referral hospitals, agricultural value chain plants, the East- West road which for over 20 years has not been completed.

“The immediate reactivation of all sea ports in the South South and creation of new ports to encourage movement of goods and services from the South South through the South East and North Central to the North East.

“This will also boost economic and employment opportunities for our young people.

“Relocation of the Headquarters of International Oil Companies, IOCs, to their areas of operation in Niger Delta.

“Supporting the setting up of modular refineries to promote employment opportunities, check security challenges in the Niger Delta and supplement local production of refined products.

“Completion of the Gas Mega City in Delta State, the Brass Fertilizer Complex in Bayelsa State, and the reactivation of ALSCON Aluminum Smelter Plant in Akwa Ibom State as well as formation of Coast Guards under the supervision of the Nigerian Navy to bolster Maritime Security.

“The I6-Point Agenda – we presented the 16-Point Demand to the present administration on 1st November 2016. We will provide copies to you and your team for your perusal and finally, we like to place on record, the desire of the South-South Zone to play a critical role in the success of your government, when you win as President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

“Your Excellency, the South-South Geopolitical Zone hereby requests for strategic position in government.”

Responding, the Labour Party Presidential candidate promised to harken to the cry of the people of the Niger Delta.

He said: “We (the Nigerian state) have been very unfair to the Niger Delta. It is unacceptable the way the region has been treated considering their contributions to Nigeria.

“We run a country that is not productive, a country that has been churning out poverty to everybody. There is no excuse for the non-completion of the East-West road. The list is endless of what is happening in the Niger Delta.”

He decried the situation where Nigeria depend mainly on the crude oil from the Niger Delta instead of harnessing the country’s rich agricultural potential, citing countries like Malaysia whose economy is driven by palm oil.

“We have land but we cannot feed ourselves because we are sharing the money from the Niger Delta and this breeds poverty.

We cannot continue this way, we want to remove that sharing formula with the production formula, everybody must produce something.

We want to secure and unite Nigeria, we want to be able to ensure rule of law, and ensure an equitable and just country. We can’t have this without proper devolution of power. There is no reason we cannot have state police to secure our people. There is no reason we cannot have local government police. We need to secure ourselves.

“We want to move the country from consumption to production. We will start by ensuring those who are producing today are taken care of and we assure the Niger Delta of our commitment.”

Whatever is wrong with Nigeria, we’ll fix it

Before this, Obi had assured Nigerians that whatever was wrong with the country he and Ahmed Datti possess the mental and physical capacity to fix it.

Obi stated this at the Ox-bow Lake Pavilion, Yenagoa, Bayelsa State during the Labour Party LP, Presidential campaign rally on Friday.

Obi, who had earlier had a town hall meeting with students, an interactive meeting with the Pan Niger Delta Forum, PANDEF, and met with monarchs at the state council of traditional rulers lamented that Bayelsa State and the Niger Delta have not gotten a fair share from the Federal Government despite contributing about 80 per cent to the national coffers through crude oil.

His words: “Let me assure you, whatever is wrong with this family (country) we will fix it. Anything that I am involved in must be based on justice, fairness, and goodness for Nigeria.

“Let me assure the people of Bayelsa State, Nigeria has not treated you well, when you were under flood, Nigeria did not care, I was the first person that stopped our rally to visit Bayelsa because Bayelsa was under water. We will ensure that Bayelsa gets its fair share of what they have given to Nigeria.

“All the other parties have made promises to Bayelsa State in the past but did not fulfil it. We are not going to do that, Bayelsa State deserves more than what it is getting today from Nigeria, and I am going to give it to them. Bayelsa must have roads and the best because this is where Nigeria found its first crude oil in commercial quantity.

“Everywhere there is environmental pollution, I will clean it up, Bayelsa will be able to fish and eat fish from their rivers again. Most importantly we are going to dredge Rivers Niger and Benue to stop this flooding to Bayelsa.”

He also pledged to take Nigeria from a consuming country to a production country adding that women and youths will have sensitive positions in his administration.

“This job requires people who are competent, it requires physical and mental, go and check I and Datti’s energy and age, a new Nigeria is possible, Nigeria where people will have jobs is possible, a Nigeria that will compete in the world is possible.”

He also bemoaned the incessant strike in the nation university system promising to end the menace if elected as president.

He said: “We will ensure there is no strike again in our universities, four years will be four years, five years will be five years, I and Datti will secure Nigeria, we will make sure there is rule of law in Nigeria, police will not harass anyone on the road, police will not stop students from carrying their laptops again.

“This is time for Nigerian youths to take up their government, we want to build a Nigeria that Nigerians will be proud to say they are Nigerians, we will support our youths to be very productive.

Earlier at an interactive meeting, the Pan Niger Delta Forum had tabled the demand for federalism before the presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi.

Led by the group’s national chairman, Senator Emmanuel Ebok-Essien, Pandef insisted that he must be committed to a true federal structure if elected the president.

The group also stressed the need to consider the East-West road which for over 20years had not been completed as well as reactivation of existing sea ports and also creation of some sea ports in the region so as to boost the economy and employment opportunities for the youths.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/12/2023-niger-delta-tables-demands-before-obi/

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Niger Delta Tables Demands Before Obi by Nobody: 8:50am On Dec 24, 2022
Obi and Datti will build a Nigeria where everyone feels welcome

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Niger Delta Tables Demands Before Obi by LetsDestroyAPC(m): 8:50am On Dec 24, 2022
Obi will do it.

APC must be destroyed.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Niger Delta Tables Demands Before Obi by FrancescoFarino(f): 8:58am On Dec 24, 2022
Peter The Rock!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Niger Delta Tables Demands Before Obi by kimjongJezebel: 9:00am On Dec 24, 2022
May God bless Peter Obi of LP and give him victory.

May devil destroy the satanic APC that has brought sorrow, pains and poverty to our people.

14 Likes

Re: 2023: Niger Delta Tables Demands Before Obi by Nobody: 9:00am On Dec 24, 2022
Obi is the next president of Nigeria

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Niger Delta Tables Demands Before Obi by EngrKemp: 9:03am On Dec 24, 2022
Obi the president.

This traditional rulers and pandaf are Intelligent

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Niger Delta Tables Demands Before Obi by PureMe01: 9:06am On Dec 24, 2022
They tendered to the INCOMING!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Niger Delta Tables Demands Before Obi by kenny714433(m): 9:11am On Dec 24, 2022
You can read how the demands will help other parts of the country, both NE, NW and the entire country. The Niger Delta region has been the most generous and selfless region.

You can see how GEJ was busy building round Nigeria leaving our region. What did he get in return?

The Yorubas sponsored campaign of calumny led by their BAT, the North stabbed him at the back.

What's happening now? They want us to support their own because they think we're stupid. PO, even if you don't win, I'll be happy I wasted my one vote on you.

15 Likes

Re: 2023: Niger Delta Tables Demands Before Obi by kenny714433(m): 9:14am On Dec 24, 2022
.You can read how the demands will help other parts of the country, both NE, NW and the entire country. The Niger Delta region has been the most generous and selfless region.

You can see how GEJ was busy building round Nigeria leaving our region. What did he get in return?

The Yorubas sponsored campaign of calumny led by their BAT, the North stabbed him at the back.

What's happening now? The Eastern rail line has been cancelled, east west road is a mirage, Cal-Itu road is non existence, and yet, They want us to support their own because they think we're stupid. PO, even if you don't win, I'll be happy I wasted my one vote on you.

8 Likes

Re: 2023: Niger Delta Tables Demands Before Obi by Ikpaitid: 9:25am On Dec 24, 2022
grin grin grin Table demands for someone from a zone we all know can never produce the president of Nigeria?
How you people are so blind and dumb that you can't see what everyone in Nigeria can see is what really beats my imagination. Get some sense Emeka, stop wasting your data,the people that elect presidents in Nigeria will never vote for an IPOB man. Your best chance is to align with the Yorubas but that's not even possible because you have insulted everyone in Nigeria. Nobody can win the presidential election in Nigeria without getting at least 40% of votes from the North and at least 50% of the votes from the South West. For an IPOB man to dream of using only votes from the South South and South East to become president is the most stupid dream of the century because the South East have very low votes and the South South is a PDP stronghold and will always be,and that's if Simon Ekpa allows you to vote. I don't see an IPOB man being the president of the zoo in the next 100 years.
Re: 2023: Niger Delta Tables Demands Before Obi by kimjongJezebel: 9:58am On Dec 24, 2022
Ikpaitid:
grin grin grin Table demands for someone from a zone we all know can never produce the president of Nigeria?
How you people are so blind and dumb that you can't see what everyone in Nigeria can see is what really beats my imagination. Get some sense Emeka, stop wasting your data,the people that elect presidents in Nigeria will never vote for an IPOB man. Your best chance is to align with the Yorubas but that's not even possible because you have insulted everyone in Nigeria. Nobody can win the presidential election in Nigeria without getting at least 40% of votes from the North and at least 50% of the votes from the South West. For an IPOB man to dream of using only votes from the South South and South East to become president is the most stupid dream of the century because the South East have very low votes and the South South is a PDP stronghold and will always be,and that's if Simon Ekpa allows you to vote. I don't see an IPOB man being the president of the zoo in the next 100 years.

You created your moniker July this year and all your comments is about IPOB and how Peter Obi will not win but there are 18 other presidential candidates. I'm still struggling to understand why you have sleepless night on someone that can't win.

5 Likes

Re: 2023: Niger Delta Tables Demands Before Obi by Nwaetche(m): 10:11am On Dec 24, 2022
Shut up you Bigot and Islamist.

No word from you and your cohorts on what your peers did recently in Southern kaduna. El- Rufai is Tinubu's special adviser on Security.

Afflictions shall not happen the second time!

I urge all true and patriotic Nigerians including liberal muslims not to allow Tinubu and his bands of political harlots to win this election.

Ikpaitid:

6 Likes

Re: 2023: Niger Delta Tables Demands Before Obi by Penguin2: 10:17am On Dec 24, 2022
Lol!

They are tabling demand for the man that they know will win.

Tinubu went to Gbaramatu to fool himself…

Atiku kickstarted his campaign in Akwa Ibom…

But PANDEF never bothered presenting any demand to them. These are the people now tabling demands to Obi when he went to Niger Delta.

I know foolish and braindead urchins will still not smell the rat but that’s where their defeat will be sweeter.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Niger Delta Tables Demands Before Obi by TheNiceGuy(m): 10:20am On Dec 24, 2022
Yes as he did it in Anambra State.

Anambra is now a State to reckon with.

Take Zombidiot
LetsDestroyAPC:
Obi will do it.

APC must be destroyed.

Re: 2023: Niger Delta Tables Demands Before Obi by Realrealfact: 10:21am On Dec 24, 2022
Peter Obi is better
Re: 2023: Niger Delta Tables Demands Before Obi by Journalistonwhe: 10:22am On Dec 24, 2022
That is how to know who will win election
Re: 2023: Niger Delta Tables Demands Before Obi by StrongAlphMale: 10:47am On Dec 24, 2022
Obi has Heard them loud and clear and will even do much more than their Demands.

Obi will build a country where everyone will feel at home. Obi is the redeemer of Africa. Nigeria is about to have its lost Glory restored!
Re: 2023: Niger Delta Tables Demands Before Obi by Ikpaitid: 11:38am On Dec 24, 2022
Nwaetche:
Shut up you Bigot and Islamist.

No word from you and your cohorts on what your peers did recently in Southern kaduna. El- Rufai is Tinubu's special adviser on Security.

Afflictions shall not happen the second time!

I urge all true and patriotic Nigerians including liberal muslims not to allow Tinubu and his bands of political harlots to win this election.

Re: 2023: Niger Delta Tables Demands Before Obi by Ikpaitid: 11:39am On Dec 24, 2022
Are you a Nigerian?
If so since when?
Sorry I only argue with real Nigerians.
Go back to your spare parts shop Emeka, stop wasting your data.
Re: 2023: Niger Delta Tables Demands Before Obi by SmartPolician: 11:44am On Dec 24, 2022
kenny714433:

You can read how the demands will help other parts of the country, both NE, NW and the entire country. The Niger Delta region has been the most generous and selfless region.

What's happening now? They want us to support their own because they think we're stupid. PO, even if you don't win, I'll be happy I wasted my one vote on you.

I totally agree with you.

I often consider the South South the biggest losers of one Nigeria project.

No major tribe in Nigeria will take the shit that zone takes from Nigeria.
Re: 2023: Niger Delta Tables Demands Before Obi by Seefinish: 11:45am On Dec 24, 2022
Seaports in the southeast and south south will make Lagos to be a ghost city as igbo will import goods through the southeast and south south ports
Re: 2023: Niger Delta Tables Demands Before Obi by Polchiz(m): 12:01pm On Dec 24, 2022
Ikpaitid:
You are still living in the past.
Most prominent Northerners are behind Obi.
Maybe suffer no dey taya you.
Re: 2023: Niger Delta Tables Demands Before Obi by techWriter3: 12:12pm On Dec 24, 2022
politician will have it
Re: 2023: Niger Delta Tables Demands Before Obi by Kapeter(m): 12:18pm On Dec 24, 2022
I laugh in Niger Delta. cheesy same Niger Delta that will be voting for Atiku frimpong the El cametooni. cheesy this people just dey take obi him you lie catch cruise. Even him own SE people still never go vote him. Dem go still run vote for their Messiah and Saviour party PDP grin Obi fon enter one chance. Who send am grin Even KwanKwanso go still beat am for the election cheesy
Re: 2023: Niger Delta Tables Demands Before Obi by Ikpaitid: 12:23pm On Dec 24, 2022
Polchiz:

You are still living in the past.
Most prominent Northerners are behind Obi.
Maybe suffer no dey taya you.
Re: 2023: Niger Delta Tables Demands Before Obi by Ikpaitid: 12:24pm On Dec 24, 2022
Please tell me one prominent politician in Nigeria that can win his ward that is behind Peter Obi, even in the South East. I am waiting grin grin
Even Obi's running nate will not win his own ward.
Re: 2023: Niger Delta Tables Demands Before Obi by Great2017: 12:26pm On Dec 24, 2022
Thanksful:
Obi is the next president of Nigeria
Flesh and blood did not reveal this to you

1 Like

Re: 2023: Niger Delta Tables Demands Before Obi by CSTRR: 12:40pm On Dec 24, 2022
Ikpaitid:
Please tell me one prominent politician in Nigeria that can win his ward that is behind Peter Obi, even in the South East. I am waiting grin grin
Even Obi's running nate will not win his own ward.
It absolutely doesn't matter.

Everybody has one vote.
Especially in the south east.
Re: 2023: Niger Delta Tables Demands Before Obi by Ikpaitid: 12:59pm On Dec 24, 2022
CSTRR:

It absolutely doesn't matter.

Everybody has one vote.
Especially in the south east.
Re: 2023: Niger Delta Tables Demands Before Obi by Ikpaitid: 12:59pm On Dec 24, 2022
Simon Ekpa will declare sit at home grin grin grin
You probably won't even vote.
Re: 2023: Niger Delta Tables Demands Before Obi by Nigerfine3: 1:08pm On Dec 24, 2022
Seefinish:
Seaports in the southeast and south south will end make Lagos to be a ghost city as igbo will import goods through the southeast and south south ports
This should not be the issue, it is actually for economic development, job creation, improved life, prolonged life span ( less accidents). That is national development, you don’t concentrate on one area, lump people there

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Thousands Of APC Members Defect To Labour Party In Plateau State / Presidential Election Petition Tribunal: Why Peter Obi, Atiku Are So Dull / Tinubu's Electricity Bill (Please Stop The Propaganda)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.