Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,781 members, 7,831,515 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

#worldcupfinal2022, The Obidients, And #nigeriadecides2023: A Bitter Lesson - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #worldcupfinal2022, The Obidients, And #nigeriadecides2023: A Bitter Lesson (264 Views)

#nigeriadecides2023: Natasha Akpoti Loses Kogi Central Senatorial Seat To APC / #NigeriaDecides2023: Tinubu, Atiku, Obi & Kwankwaso In Battle Royale / Reno Omokri: It Is Impossible To Differentiate Between Obidients And IPOB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#worldcupfinal2022, The Obidients, And #nigeriadecides2023: A Bitter Lesson by MandelaLives: 12:55pm On Dec 24, 2022
#WorldCupFinal2022, The Obidients, And #NigeriaDecides2023: A Bitter Lesson

I started watching the Qatar 2022 World Cup Finals between Argentina and France about 10 minutes to the end of the first half.

By that time, Argentina was already 2 goals ahead.

Naturally, I thought it would be near impossible for France to cover up, especially considering that the France Team was said to have suffered from a flu attack the previous day.

Soon, the mid-match break was over. The 2nd half had hardly gone on for 5 minutes when I observed as follows in a comment to a tweet by Dr. Oby Ezekwesili @obyezeks:

https://twitter.com/RhymespeakC/status/1604510708015960065?t=3kAQwffMug4jQxUJiNK6fw&s=19

Dr. Oby herself had earlier observed as follows:

https://twitter.com/obyezeks/status/1604504528258498561?t=Zu03kZmplUXM-4uc5pZJlw&s=19

It was clear to all that the Argentines were already basking in the victory far before the end of the match. You can see how Messi's face looked then… See video here

All this was happening while the French were fighting hard, very hard.

Then, Mbappe's first goal braced the net. An equaliser came the next minute. Then, and only then did the Argentines sit up. The victory glare went away from the eyes of Messi and his team mates.

It became a World Cup Finals once again. It became a finals match that Argentina almost lost to France after being 2 goals ahead in the first half.

That's exactly how the Obidients were ahead of the rest in the race to 2023. They were having a clear early lead with rousing rallies from state to state even before INEC declared the official campaigns started.

If you looked at the passion and emotion manifested in the Obidient rallies then, it was as if Mr. Peter Obi had already won and was waiting to be sworn in.

Next, the supporters of the other candidates went back to the drawing board and returned with bitter attacks.

Like France, they scored their first goal by getting Mr. Peter Obi's State Governor, a Professor of Economics, to declare openly that Obi's Administration in their State was an economic disaster.

Believe it or leave it, that Soludo's article is the BIGGEST force being used to weigh the Obi Campaigns down especially back home in SE but also elsewhere.

I wrote what I'm sure is a formidable response to the Soludo salvo within a week of the Soludo article going on air.

But, do you know what? While Soludo's article went viral, every effort to get the Obidients to share (let alone read) my response has yielded very lean results.

Thus, what I said about Soludo's fractured viewpoints is hardly known across the country. Of course, it's why those unfair points of Soludo's are still being used effectively in the media.

While I don't have the money to push my response as billions of Naira is invested into pushing the Soludo narrative, I weep deeply each time I see the Soludo narrative doing untold havoc to the Obidient camps.

But, I weep more to realize the bitter truth that the Obidient Movement might just end up as another round of hollow noise-making by the Nigerian masses.

Already, the Obidient Movement is losing a lot of verve. If not, imagine what the Port Harcourt outing would have looked like if it happened in those early days of the rousing Obidient rallies that even had zero contributions from LP!

One of the major reasons why the Obidient Movement is losing strength is that the people in the Struggle need certain types of information that they currently lack.

It's this lack of information that makes most Obidients resort to insulting people rather than trying to win them over with convincing words as I said in my document 'IMPOSSIBLE TO RIG'

And, when you insult people, they tend to hate you and everything about you - including the candidates you support.

No wonder the Bible says that "my people perish for a lack of knowledge" (Hosea 4:6).

So, I say to the Obidients, as Soludo's article is being used heavily against the Obi-Datti camps, if you don't want us to concede more goals - but to score more instead - I urge you, kindly share the response I wrote by retweeting the next tweet AFTER THIS: See the tweet in question here.

NOTE: This is not just a lesson from the ARGENTINES, it's also going to be a lesson from AFGHANISTAN because, from my ratiocination, if the right government is not in place in Nigeria as soon as possible, terrorists are going to overrun the country in 30 months or less. From the way these terrorists have already defiled many of our national sanctuaries like the NDA, airport, and the railways, it takes only a little imagination to see Afghanistan happening here too. So, if you've thought that the Obidient Struggle was some kind of joke, you'd better sit up. Like the Argentines, we can still win if we can see the handwriting on the wall early enough and fight with every blood in us.

Written by Dr. Desmond Nweke. He'll be around to respond to the comments. So, use the opportunity to air your view on the points raised. Thanks.

Source: https://twitter.com/RhymespeakC/status/1606553094686384128?t=KfehXqoQ0rLeyMRYMxyBWQ&s=19

Re: #worldcupfinal2022, The Obidients, And #nigeriadecides2023: A Bitter Lesson by MandelaLives: 12:57pm On Dec 24, 2022
I shed tears reading this article. Let me see what others think.

Nlfpmod
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Seun happy Christmas.
Re: #worldcupfinal2022, The Obidients, And #nigeriadecides2023: A Bitter Lesson by after4: 1:04pm On Dec 24, 2022
Imagine the nonsense you wasted my time for?

Tell tifnubu and atifku to hold their own rally.

I for one will never and has never attended any rally, does that means I don't vote? No.
Does that mean I won't vote? No.
Does that mean I won't vote obi? God forbid nke I vote another person that is not obi

1 Like

Re: #worldcupfinal2022, The Obidients, And #nigeriadecides2023: A Bitter Lesson by MandelaLives: 1:07pm On Dec 24, 2022
after4:
Imagine the nonsense you wasted my time for?

Tell tifnubu and atifku to hold their own rally.

I for one will never and has never attended any rally, does that means I don't vote? No.
Does that mean I won't vote? No.
Does that mean I won't vote obi? God forbid nke I vote another person that is not obi
So, after you have voted, that's all. Your vote alone will win the election for him. I believe that you rushed to comment without reading through. Otherwise, you can't be saying this. You missed the whole point of what the writer said.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #worldcupfinal2022, The Obidients, And #nigeriadecides2023: A Bitter Lesson by 10mobile: 1:23pm On Dec 24, 2022
Touching.

(1) (Reply)

#atikuorganizingforaction / It's Happen Finally! Go Get Your PVC / Highlight Of The Women For A New Nigeria Town Hall Meeting In Abuja (pic, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.