Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,953 members, 7,817,795 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

My Nairaland Account Has Been Hacked!! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Nairaland Account Has Been Hacked!! (1163 Views)

Does Your Nairaland Account Has This Feature? / "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out / 7 Signs Your Social Media Account Has Been Hacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Nairaland Account Has Been Hacked!! by matri6: 3:51pm On Dec 24, 2022
Hello pls nairalanders,
This might sound funny but I ain't joking...
I woke up today trying to access my main nairaland account, I realized that I've been logged out, then trying to log back in with same password I've been using all these while, it says that the password is incorrect..
Then I tried to check on the profile on another account, I realized that most of the personal information has been corrupted just like in the picture I posted below...
And the issue is that I've forgot the email I used to open it the. It's quite a long time.
Pls any soln to this?

1 Like

Re: My Nairaland Account Has Been Hacked!! by matri6: 3:54pm On Dec 24, 2022
Lalasticlacla puskin dragnet honsule
Re: My Nairaland Account Has Been Hacked!! by superCleanworks(m): 4:18pm On Dec 24, 2022
it has been HIJACKED not HACKED.
they are two different things
Re: My Nairaland Account Has Been Hacked!! by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 6:41pm On Dec 24, 2022
The same thing with mine, lemme go and check it from this account

2 Likes

Re: My Nairaland Account Has Been Hacked!! by Millennialaku(m): 7:14pm On Dec 24, 2022
Seun, the same person hacked my main account too. please look into this.
nlfpmod

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Nairaland Account Has Been Hacked!! by Zonefree(m): 7:44pm On Dec 24, 2022
matri6:
Hello pls nairalanders,
This might sound funny but I ain't joking...
I woke up today trying to access my main nairaland account, I realized that I've been logged out, then trying to log back in with same password I've been using all these while, it says that the password is incorrect..
Then I tried to check on the profile on another account, I realized that most of the personal information has been corrupted just like in the picture I posted below...
And the issue is that I've forgot the email I used to open it the. It's quite a long time.
Pls any soln to this?
I got over 20 monikers sending me mail at the same time. I knew something is fishy. I tried to check their profiles, then I realized all the monikers got similar "personal text" and "signature".

Hope you didn't click on reply message?

5 Likes

Re: My Nairaland Account Has Been Hacked!! by Shalommy(f): 8:25pm On Dec 24, 2022
There is this silly idiot called segun. He's the one messing up with peoples acct.

4 Likes

Re: My Nairaland Account Has Been Hacked!! by asuraking: 10:14pm On Dec 24, 2022
Even i myself was a victim.d way i use to recover mine is by resetting my password with d same email.u can use another password.try it and see.

1 Like

Re: My Nairaland Account Has Been Hacked!! by matri6: 10:43pm On Dec 24, 2022
asuraking:
Even i myself was a victim.d way i use to recover mine is by resetting my password with d same email.u can use another password.try it and see.
It's been long I've opened the account, I can't remember which email I used then...
Re: My Nairaland Account Has Been Hacked!! by Enddy50ty(m): 11:41pm On Dec 24, 2022
Omo same thing happened to me ooh.. I suddenly got different moniker sending me messages and I was like, who be all these ones and didn't get any messages when I checked my emails.

I think this person does it through that personal messages they send you.

Don't reply any messages, just ignore.

3 Likes

Re: My Nairaland Account Has Been Hacked!! by Chaos14: 6:54am On Dec 25, 2022
matri6:

It's been long I've opened the account, I can't remember which email I used then...
We de here.
Re: My Nairaland Account Has Been Hacked!! by Jeon(f): 7:30am On Dec 25, 2022
Okay.

Best option is to stop replying to emails like that.

7 Likes

Re: My Nairaland Account Has Been Hacked!! by YoungBlackRico(m): 10:48am On Dec 25, 2022
You probably input your login details into that "imgur something" page that usually pop up when you open a new thread

4 Likes

Re: My Nairaland Account Has Been Hacked!! by jmoore(m): 12:11pm On Dec 25, 2022
Novices are vulnerable. For many years, I have seen this malware on nairaland. I just type an insulting password(not my real password) to bypass it.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Nairaland Account Has Been Hacked!! by Dannyrayz: 3:24pm On Dec 25, 2022
Same here. My account of over 10 years was hijacked last week

1 Like

Re: My Nairaland Account Has Been Hacked!! by eben97: 5:01pm On Dec 25, 2022
GUYS,how do we recover this acct o? My of over 10 YEARS TOO just stopped connecting to its same old pwd! abeg some should profer a real time solution.I ACTUALLY TOT na it was big bro or his admins that did this.except u guys want to convince me other wrse
Re: My Nairaland Account Has Been Hacked!! by matri6: 5:19pm On Dec 25, 2022
Lalasticlacla seun abeg help find a solution to all these...
I have many pages I've followed and post I've like which I archived for future reference,, but now everything is lost...
How is nairaland so cheap to hackers?
If care is not taking these guys can hack the whole website one day and left us with nothing left... My thoughts though

1 Like

Re: My Nairaland Account Has Been Hacked!! by TermuxDarkWeb(m): 6:26pm On Dec 25, 2022
I have observing u people's comment for some time now. This is serious
Re: My Nairaland Account Has Been Hacked!! by TermuxDarkWeb(m): 6:27pm On Dec 25, 2022
superCleanworks:
it has been HIJACKED not HACKED.
they are two different things

What is the difference between hacked and Hijacked ?
Re: My Nairaland Account Has Been Hacked!! by Shalommy(f): 12:50pm On Dec 26, 2022
Chaos14:
We de here.
See the thief here angry
Re: My Nairaland Account Has Been Hacked!! by atom080: 1:05pm On Dec 26, 2022
Thanks to you all I've recovered my account
Re: My Nairaland Account Has Been Hacked!! by Chaos14: 6:06pm On Dec 26, 2022
Shalommy:
See the thief here angry
Mynd44 violation of rule 3
Re: My Nairaland Account Has Been Hacked!! by WhatCanIsay(m): 8:01am On Dec 27, 2022
Seun are you aware of this? It's becoming too common on Nairaland as if there's an official stamp to it?

I once got multiple email request from them. Normally I check the profile of who sends request, I checked theirs and noticed the similarities and never responded.
Re: My Nairaland Account Has Been Hacked!! by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 9:17am On Dec 29, 2022
atom080:
Thanks to you all I've recovered my account
How did you do that
Re: My Nairaland Account Has Been Hacked!! by atom080: 10:39am On Dec 29, 2022
PhenomenalMorgan:

How did you do that
Recovery email was sent to the email I used to open it... I actually forgot nthe email I used.
So, I go on and check the "spam folder" of my emails, then I saw it in one of them

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus For Sale....SOLD!!! / I Want To Buy An Xr.. / Whatsapp Messages From Unknown Numbers From China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.