Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,230 members, 7,811,641 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:23 PM

5 Proven Ways To Write Good Headlines even As A Beginner in writing. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 5 Proven Ways To Write Good Headlines even As A Beginner in writing. (221 Views)

How To Write Good Blog Articles / Only Few Can Write Good Stories But Not Many Can Write Great Stories – Ogunlana / Available To Write : Good Articles + On Time Delivery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Proven Ways To Write Good Headlines even As A Beginner in writing. by Mary1027: 3:55pm On Dec 24, 2022
In this world full of videos content and so much noise, you often ask, do people still read?

Well the answer is Yes. It takes far more than good content to make people read your articles. It takes a catchy heading. Whenever you write, always ask yourself, if i was a reader and i saw this headline, would i want to keep reading?.

Too often than not, the headline is the most neglected part of an article. You just want to prove your point but if the headline is not catchy enough for people to even click on the post, it becomes meaningless.

Today, we're going to be talking about how to take your headline to a whole new level. There are a few easy tricks that will change that your boring rice heading to the stew on top. Here are a few of them:

1. Make use of emotion appealing adjectives. This is really important in your headline as the moment you are able to speak to a person's emotions, they will definitely go through your article. This includes words like Easy, painless, fun, free etc.

2. Promise your readers something valuable. Will you teach her a new skill? Will you show her something she's never done before?
Dare your reader to read it and trust me they will. That's what people do when they say "Do you dare to watch this movie" and the next minute, everybody is watching it.

3. Use the question words like why, how, when, what. This makes your readers know that their questions will be answered in the article. Make use of this important tool.

4. They must be simple to understand. Most readers yearns information they don't have. If you give them information they can't understand. They would never open your article.

5. Use the formula method. Leave the formula on the heading or tell them to click and see the formula. Examples include

• How you can make 5k dollars in a week
• How to sell your phone in less Than 24 hours.
Instead of "how to wash a pet indoors", you say " 10 fun ways to bath your pets indoors".
This will definitely appeal to the reader.

Always be sure of the promise you are making to your readers. Do not say things that are not true. Do not mislead them by your headline but let your headline show what will be in the article in the most appealing way possible.

I am still your favorite content and article writer, Gbeja Mary. Contact me on my WhatsApp number if you want to us to soar together in this writing journey.

Peace✌✌

(1) (Reply)

Entrapped With You - Feather's Stories / ????diamond In The Rough???? - Feather's Stories / Secret Union

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.