Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,620 members, 7,816,557 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC (13835 Views)

New List Of Songs Banned By NBC - Includes Olamide's Shakitibobo / Pitbull And Protege Sensato Remix Dbanj's Oliver Twist / Dbanj's Oliver Twist Single Is No1 On UK Urban & Dance Chart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC by chiscos: 2:23pm On Sep 01, 2011
Don Jazzy reacts to "Oliver Twist" ban by Nigerian Broadcasting Corporation

In a response to the alleged NBC ban on D’banj’s latest song ‘Oliver’, Mo’Hits C.E.O and beatmaker Don Jazzy has played down the censor saying that ‘they only banned it because they have the power to do so’.

News of the ban first came from popular rapper Ruggedman who spread the news via Twitter: ‘NBC strikes again. 1st @IAM2SHOTZ Supermandead is banned. Now its @iamdbanj Oliver Twist. Na wah o cc @DONJAZZY’, @Ruggedybaba tweeted. The rapper further disclosed that he got the information on the ban from radio station Cool FM Abuja.

Speaking with a source in Cool FM, who would rather remain anonymous, a clear instruction has been given that the ‘Oliver’ song is not to be played. This claim was seconded by a Rhythm FM personnel who confirmed that his station has received a circular from the Nigerian Broadcasting Commission (NBC) to the effect although other radio DJs and OAPs claim they are yet to.

‘Yes boss I heard over Twitter about that. Oh well they have banned it because they have the power to do so. Let’s see how they stop people from hearing it elsewhere. We’re not the first people they’ll ban and we’ll not be the last. When u flog a child at every chance you get, after a while the child would adjust and get used to the beatings’, label boss Don Jazzy responded in an e-mail enquiry sent to him by Nigerian Entertainment Today.

He continued, ‘The truth is that the person that banned this song will hear this song till he is sick of it. He will hear it at almost every party he goes to. He will hear it from the cars that will drive pass him. He will hum the melody even in his sleep. He’ll probably record his own version of the Oliver video sef lol. He is doing his job so let’s allow him exercise his power. It’s allowed. May God bless him and his hustle. No long thing’.

The hit producer who performed along with the Mo’Hits crew at the recently held Koko Koncert in London, also had a word for his fans. ‘Shout out to all Mo’Hits Records fans out there. May God continue to bless you all for the love and support o. Una too much. Please follow me on twitter my name na @donjazzy. See you guys soon. IDJA’.

Recently, NBC placed a ban on rapper 2Shotz song ‘Superman Dead‘ for indecent use of language.

http://www.thenetng.com/2011/09/01/don-jazzy-reacts-to-%E2%80%98oliver%E2%80%99-ban/

1 Like

Re: Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC by moneygenee: 3:40pm On Sep 01, 2011
neva in d haterz.
Re: Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC by digidamage: 12:08am On Sep 02, 2011
Nothing dey happen, the song is already a mega hit, 7 gbosa, don baba jay,
Abeg enjoy watch the hit song again,

[flash=460,320]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RifpJlckDg0[/flash]
Re: Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC by HighChief4(m): 2:26am On Sep 02, 2011
Well, what can i say
Re: Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC by SQUIRTPUSI: 2:45am On Sep 02, 2011
BAD PEOPLE EVERYWHERE!!! HATERZ EVERYWHERE, FEW DAYS AGO IT WAS PSQUARE, NOW IT'S NBC, WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE LYRICS
Re: Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC by ragdollz: 2:50am On Sep 02, 2011
Urrrm, ok, the lyrics are kinda rude but you wouldn't notice and they can always "bleep" it out!! If kids can be used in Chris Brown's Yeah 3x video/song with all the f-words, I don't see anything wrong with this Oliver song. Oh well NBC have the power let them ABuse it!!!
Re: Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC by yim(f): 3:27am On Sep 02, 2011
i don't like song but was NBC sleeping when Scally was singing palapala
Re: Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC by BabaEleko(m): 3:34am On Sep 02, 2011
These MoHits guys been acting suspicious in a while. From the Oliver twist gayish dance move to Kanye and Dbanj's London performance with D'banj and all the mo hits crew wearing freaking tight pants. That shit make em look gayishh.
Re: Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC by donchucky21(m): 5:39am On Sep 02, 2011
dats beefing in d making grin
Re: Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC by Obinoscopy(m): 5:53am On Sep 02, 2011
Please was it the audio or the video that was banned?

This is because I've listened to the audio and it seemed okay although I've not seen the video.
Re: Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC by aieromon(m): 6:24am On Sep 02, 2011
Booyah!
Re: Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC by velo10: 6:32am On Sep 02, 2011
Intelligent response by Don Baba J
Re: Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC by itiswell1(m): 6:32am On Sep 02, 2011
Sincerely, i dont know why this song was banned. I have not really listened to it. Who knows, maybe its the vedio.
Re: Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC by phuckNL: 6:35am On Sep 02, 2011
Why can't the musicians release "radio versions"
You can curse for all you care on the CD or unrated video. All you have to do is make a radio version that complies whith broadcasting rules. If you comply with the rules, there would be no reason for any ban. If a radio clean version is banned, then the artists can sue them to court. CREATE RADIO VERSIONS and stop blaming "bad belle"
Re: Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC by KDULAR: 6:57am On Sep 02, 2011
@phuck NL good great pragmatic and intelligent advice to all.
Re: Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC by harpo(m): 7:32am On Sep 02, 2011
Stupid idiot, dey ban song wey no concern am, BEEEFFFFFF
Re: Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC by 195(f): 7:39am On Sep 02, 2011
HOW CAN SOMEONE CALL THAT A SONG,

LOOK AT HOW STUP[i]I[/i]D THE SONG IS

THESE NIGERIAN ARTIST ARE ALL FUC[i]K[/i]IN JOKES

EVERY SINGLE OF DEM undecided
Re: Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC by NaijaNaWaa: 7:52am On Sep 02, 2011
I have listened to that song, Oliver Twist, and regret to say that it doesn't come across to me as worthy of the hype. Mo Hits and D'Banj have made a number of solid hits but I wouldn't count Oliver Twist amongst them. Sorry oo.
Re: Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC by pynkspyce: 8:26am On Sep 02, 2011
the song isnt even a song. Whats the ban for? Durella and Terry G sing worse lyrics. so abeg they shud back down.
The song is a hit because they cleverly included fans, since fans r making their own videos and sending them in. Thats y the song is a hit.
Re: Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC by MMM2(m): 8:39am On Sep 02, 2011
[b][/b]
is oliver a christian song Becos our choir sang d song last 3 $unday angry
Re: Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC by chillaz(f): 8:53am On Sep 02, 2011
^ lol! @OP, i dnt see anything wrong with that,maybe cos of the celebrities mentioned on there.
Re: Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC by Justcash(m): 9:11am On Sep 02, 2011
M M M:

[/b]
[b]is oliver a christian song Becos our choir sang d song last 3 $unday
angry

The spirit of Mohits overwhelmed you choir grin grin grin
Re: Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC by tellwisdom: 9:19am On Sep 02, 2011
is oliver a christian song Becos our choir sang d song last 3 $unday angry

grin grin Clown
Re: Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC by oneuniquemind(m): 9:21am On Sep 02, 2011
Pls which part of ds song is actually d reason 4 d ban?
Re: Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC by lonelypal(m): 9:40am On Sep 02, 2011
phuck_NL:

Why can't the musicians release "radio versions"
You can curse for all you care on the CD or unrated video. All you have to do is make a radio version that complies whith broadcasting rules. If you comply with the rules, there would be no reason for any ban. If a radio clean version is banned, then the artists can sue them to court. CREATE RADIO VERSIONS and stop blaming "bad belle"

@ Phuck NL, d most sensible reply to this thread so far, cudnt have said it better, I believe some of us here are just being unecessarily sentimental rather than being objective. Am a big fan of Dbanj no doubt but that doesnt mean I wont admit to the fact that most of his hit songs contain lewd lyrics, wouldnt blame him though, he got d clue fast, sex, sheer nudity and immorality is d name of d game at d moment. Dbanj shouldav known better with the likes of International artist like Akon who comply with broadcasting rules by releasing radio edit version of the song 'I wanna luv u', Its simple Koko masta, do what you ought to have done in d first place n save yourself this unfortunate embarrassment
Re: Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC by WackyJ1(m): 9:49am On Sep 02, 2011
Why is NBC giving more fame to this song. Apart from the beat of the song, the lyrics are nonsense, Whether Nbc ban it or not. Makes no difference.
Re: Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC by 9ja4eva: 10:02am On Sep 02, 2011
Dem BAN o or no BAN.Things like this are happening

[flash=480,390]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHOUIOxBQFk[/flash]
Re: Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC by Dgunnerz(m): 10:04am On Sep 02, 2011
oneuniquemind:

Pls which part of ds song is actually d reason 4 d ban?
i like nicki,cos her yansh is bigggger!
Re: Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC by Nobody: 10:05am On Sep 02, 2011
It appears the duo already have the magic to making hits.
Re: Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC by Oyinprince(m): 10:15am On Sep 02, 2011
Good, that song is nonsense, the guy doesn't av anything to sing anymore, so he knows how to do is to fill people with rubbish lipsrsealed
Re: Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC by daywatcher: 10:18am On Sep 02, 2011
are they not friends with Mr Jonathan?
Re: Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC by brixton: 10:23am On Sep 02, 2011
Big thanks to NBC. I neva liked d song!

(1) (2) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD: Olamide - Durosoke [official Video] / Kiss Daniel - Yeba (audio) / "Ponraele: A Ponmile Cover" By Kayefi: Another Promotion Of Domestic Violence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.