Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,096 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

A Muslim Penpal Asked Me About Xmas: See Our Chats - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Muslim Penpal Asked Me About Xmas: See Our Chats (389 Views)

If You Can't Convince Them About Xmas, You Need To Leave The "Church" / Dear Christians, It Is MERRY CHRISTMAS Not XMAS. see why. / Daddy Freeze Compares Pastor Adeboye To Najwa Zebian, A Muslim Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Muslim Penpal Asked Me About Xmas: See Our Chats by dave601: 7:32pm On Dec 24, 2022
This is not to argue with anyone, but to share part of my experience with christendom through the years... And this is focused on Xmas.

Well, this penpal is from Yemen. I think we met while trying to solve an English problem on a group few years ago. We just chat on WhatsApp once in awhile.

Here is our conversation today:

"Pal: My bro
Pal: Congratulations for Christmas

Me: Oh, thanks bro. Although, I don't worship Xmas idol. It's not of Jesus but men (professing christians)...

It's a wolf in sheep's clothing...

Pal: Aha
Pal: Can you clarify it

Me: Ok bro... Xmas is not scriptural—it's originally from a pagan worship of the sun (Nimrod).

It's a religious festival made by religious men: it's not in the Bible. Although, they try to call it the birthday of Jesus...

Jesus came to the world as a man, left his position as the Son of God to shed his blood and die for our sins, because before they usually used the blood of animals. But that could only *cover* sins. But only the blood of Jesus can *wash away* sins completely so that a person can enter God's kingdom if he Repents, believes and obey Jesus' words according to the new testament scriptures before judgement hour.

It was after I had terrible crisis in my life and almost died, and I began to Repent and ask Jesus for mercy that I began to wake up to realize these things... *I used to believe all the christmas Nonsense...*

So, nobody knows the exact date Jesus was born, and he didn't command his disciples to celebrate any such thing. He rather warned against such things that people will do in his name (Matthew chapter 24).

The fact that Xmas has a lot of lies or deceptions in it shows it's from the devil not God. Cos the devil is called the father of liars. Xmas deceives people especially children...

May you get light bro...

Thank you."

God bless.
Re: A Muslim Penpal Asked Me About Xmas: See Our Chats by Kobojunkiee: 7:41pm On Dec 24, 2022
dave601:
The fact that Xmas has a lot of lies or deceptions in it shows it's from the devil not God. Cos the devil is called the father of lies. Xmas deceives people especially children...
You are wrong! undecided

Christmas is a pagan holiday, simple as that. And like every other pagan holiday--- Independence day, Labor day, Easter, Halloween, etc., there are no laws barring the followers of Jesus Christ from celebrating Pagan holidays. Ofcourse it makes no sense to associate such celebrations with Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: A Muslim Penpal Asked Me About Xmas: See Our Chats by jaeyking(m): 7:49pm On Dec 24, 2022
It's quite simple
No date was issued for the birth of Jesus but if believers can come together and agree on a date to celebrate the birth of Jesus

What is all the fuss??
Re: A Muslim Penpal Asked Me About Xmas: See Our Chats by dave601: 7:51pm On Dec 24, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
You are wrong! undecided

Christmas is a pagan holiday, simple as that. And like every other pagan holiday--- Independence day, Labor day, Easter, Halloween, etc., there are no laws barring the followers of Jesus Christ from celebrating Pagan holidays. Ofcourse it makes no sense to associate such celebrations with Jesus Christ. undecided

There's no problem with non religious public holidays. The issue is having a wolf in sheep's clothing. I would commend masquerades, idol worshipers, etc for their transparency, not Xmas the wolf in sheep's clothing.

You don't need to agree, though. Remember my first sentence.

Take care...
Re: A Muslim Penpal Asked Me About Xmas: See Our Chats by dave601: 7:54pm On Dec 24, 2022
jaeyking:
It's quite simple
No date was issued for the birth of Jesus but if believers can come together and agree on a date to celebrate the birth of Jesus

What is all the fuss??

Hmmm... You don't understand. Not really fussing about anything. Those who need it will understand—I didn't used to care about such. It's not for everyone.
Re: A Muslim Penpal Asked Me About Xmas: See Our Chats by Kobojunkiee: 8:08pm On Dec 24, 2022
dave601:
There's no problem with non religious public holidays. The issue is having a wolf in sheep's clothing. I would commend masquerades, idol worshipers, etc for their transparency, not Xmas the wolf in sheep's clothing.
2. You don't need to agree, though. Remember my first sentence.
Take care...
Religion is not of God to begin with. It is instead a system of delusions built atop the theories and opinions of men, so, why have a problem with that which is no different from what your idol worshippers and masquerade wearers believe in simply because it includes a lie that it is of God? undecided

2. I don't agree because you fed this to someone who clings to another religion as if true. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Easter Monday Is The Release Of Satan From The Bottomless Pit. Don't Celebrate / PASTOR GENESIS & SMALL DOCTOR STORM PASUMA RAMADAN LECTURE & DANCE TOGETHER VIDE / Sallah Massages: Joyous Eid-el-kabir 2023: Heartfelt Wishes And Prayers For Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.