Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,466 members, 7,812,429 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:14 PM

Why Do You Celebrate Christmas? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do You Celebrate Christmas? (3890 Views)

Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why / Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos / 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do You Celebrate Christmas? by Adeling(m): 6:57am On Dec 25, 2022
Yes. Why do you celebrate Christmas?
For some, Christmas is the time to fornicate, take hard drugs, go clubing and do all manner of evil just because they want to "celebrate". The true essence of Christmas has no meaning to a lot of so-called christians.

Some even ask for gifts, as if, they're the reason for Christmas. Christmas's ought to be the time of thanks giving. The time of appreciation to God in purity and holiness. While, some call Christmas Xmass. I've heard people say Christmas is for children. How pathetic!

We've bastardize the true essence of Christmas and turned it to a party-scartter bruhaha. We celebrate Christmas to intimidate , and mock those who we feel don't have as much as we. A lot of folks will be very unhappy just because they couldn't afford chicken, or bag of rice as if that is the reason to celebrate.

So I ask again, why do you celebrate Christmas?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Celebrate Christmas? by Kobojunkiee: 7:00am On Dec 25, 2022
Adeling:
We've bastardize the true essence of Christmas and turned it to a party-scartter bruhaha. We celebrate Christmas to intimidate , and mock those who we feel don't have as much as we. A lot of folks will be very unhappy just because they couldn't afford chicken, or bag of rice as if that is the reason to celebrate.

It is a pagan holiday for exchanging gifts, filling one's stomach ---- celebrating our freedoms -- and remembering others while you are at it. How could you claim it has been bastardized when we do pretty much what we are to --- celebrate freely --- during the holiday? undecided

8 Likes

Re: Why Do You Celebrate Christmas? by Pcharles2(m): 7:46am On Dec 25, 2022
Merry Christmas to everyone. My people you may not believe it, but it's true. As at today being Christmas , I don't have a cup of rice to eat. Even pure water for me and my three kids and their mother. None. Hmmmmmmmm.
Polaris 3054382147 Pius O.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Celebrate Christmas? by nkemoma(m): 7:49am On Dec 25, 2022
Pagan Festival

5 Likes

Re: Why Do You Celebrate Christmas? by NastiLord: 7:49am On Dec 25, 2022
Christmas is paganic cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Why Do You Celebrate Christmas? by BOLATINUBU01: 7:50am On Dec 25, 2022
Just to bill people and chop jollof

But for the other gender sha grin
Re: Why Do You Celebrate Christmas? by Akwamkpuruamu: 7:52am On Dec 25, 2022
Dem born me, i begin see people celebrate am, I join them

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Celebrate Christmas? by ravensckar(m): 7:56am On Dec 25, 2022
It reminds me of my wonderful childhood memories; eating jollof rice in our house filled with other children, drinking Coke, dad usually take us out to amusement parks, etc. cheesy cheesy

Now that I've become a father, I've realized how important Christmas is to children. My children have been jumping about the house happily because of the Christmas chickens their mum bought (feeding it and playing with it). They have been dragging the Christmas tree and light as well. For me, that's priceless! cheesy cheesy

PS- I'm a staunch muslim.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do You Celebrate Christmas? by Validated: 7:59am On Dec 25, 2022
We celebrate JESUS ... if you no like, go to your office or farm. As long as you are neither at work, business or farm, you are CELEBRATING CHRISTMAS grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do You Celebrate Christmas? by mu2sa2: 7:59am On Dec 25, 2022
nkemoma:
Pagan Festival
Pagan Festival but now appropriated by Christians!

4 Likes

Re: Why Do You Celebrate Christmas? by Truth07: 8:01am On Dec 25, 2022
Christmas is a pagan festival to celebrate the birth of Tammuz

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Celebrate Christmas? by Kobojunkiee: 8:02am On Dec 25, 2022
mu2sa2:
Pagan Festival but now appropriated by Christians!
The term Pagan is used to refer to anything that does not originate from God Himself or Jesus Christ. So long as God never commanded it, it is Pagan no matter how you attempt to slice and dice it. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Why Do You Celebrate Christmas? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:11am On Dec 25, 2022
JESUS IS LORD FOREVER AND EVER.
no matter what anyone may say.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL NAIRALANDERS.

Decent09:
[b][/b], This is a challenge to you, give us the biblical verse, where Jesus celebrate it
A challenge say we dey celebrate Christmas?!
Challenge?
Who and you dey challenge and who owes you and explanation about us celebrating the birth of our Lord and Saviour?!
Some of una funny for here no be small o �.
Merry Christmas to all who believe in it.
We Rise!

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Do You Celebrate Christmas? by 2016v2017: 8:12am On Dec 25, 2022
Adeling:
Yes. Why do you celebrate Christmas?
For some, Christmas is the time to fornicate, take hard drugs, go clubing and do all manner of evil just because they want to "celebrate". The true essence of Christmas has no meaning to a lot of so-called christians.

Some even ask for gifts, as if, they're the reason for Christmas. Christmas's ought to be the time of thanks giving. The time of appreciation to God in purity and holiness. While, some call Christmas Xmass. I've heard people say Christmas is for children. How pathetic!

Re: Why Do You Celebrate Christmas? by ictplotter(m): 8:22am On Dec 25, 2022
post=119412909:
JESUS IS LORD FOREVER AND EVER.
no matter what anyone may say.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL NAIRALANDERS.
Merry paganism.
You can't believe in Jesus and celebrate the birth of one dirty Roman idol all in the name of xmas.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do You Celebrate Christmas? by Truthisunique2: 8:26am On Dec 25, 2022
Some pathetic Muslims are already here crying same people would go to Mohammed Sallah page and tell him he is celebrating Jesus Christ of christians.

There is no such thing as a pagan date, God created all days including December 25th.

All over the world people recognise Christmas as the birth of Christ that's what the official meaning translate.

You can't rewrite history just as you use the Gregorian Christian calendar and it's history

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Celebrate Christmas? by ictplotter(m): 8:28am On Dec 25, 2022
Validated:
We celebrate JESUS ... if you no like, go to your office or farm. As long as you are neither at work, business or farm, you are CELEBRATING CHRISTMAS grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Do you have any Bible verse that shows that xmas is about celebrating Jesus?
Children of pagans hiding under Christianity to blackmail Jesus with xmas.
Neither Jesus non of his disciples or early Christians ever celebrate xmas.
Christians should stop blackmailing Jesus with paganism festivals.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do You Celebrate Christmas? by Truthisunique2: 8:31am On Dec 25, 2022
ictplotter:

Do you have any Bible verse that shows that xmas is about celebrating Jesus?
Children of pagans hiding under Christianity to blackmail Jesus with xmas.
Neither Jesus non of his disciples or early Christians ever celebrate xmas.
Christians should stop blackmailing Jesus with paganism festivals.
keep shut Abdul

Mohamed birthday no reach half of Christmas so we know where your salt tears is coming from

Jesus was heralded as a king on his birth, we worship him in songs, hymns, dance, keeping Sabbath.

Any date that would further be set aside by the world to honour him is all acts of glorification when done genuinely

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Celebrate Christmas? by Richy4(m): 8:31am On Dec 25, 2022
As a Christian, I celebrate Christmas because it's the birth of whom I see as my personal saviour...

5 Likes

Re: Why Do You Celebrate Christmas? by Truthisunique2: 8:36am On Dec 25, 2022
Jesus deserves worship and glory

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Celebrate Christmas? by Kobojunkiee: 8:37am On Dec 25, 2022
Truthisunique2:
Jesus deserves worship and glory
Jesus Christ made it clear that you should worship Him on His own terms and not yours or the pagan ideas - doctrines and traditions - of men. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Celebrate Christmas? by Truthisunique2: 8:38am On Dec 25, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
Jesus Christ made it clear that you should worship Him on His own terms and not yours or the pagan ideas - doctrines and traditions - of men. undecided
Sure he deserves glory

In Matthew 21 Jesus exemplified this in his triumphant entry

He asked people to go get a donkey for him to ride specially on, Jesus was never shy from flamboyant honour and worship in the highest form

The world honouring him with a day is nothing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Celebrate Christmas? by Isabi4lov: 8:38am On Dec 25, 2022
If people are copying other western lifestyles , I don't see anything wrong in celebrating Christmas for the birth of our saviour.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Celebrate Christmas? by Kobojunkiee: 8:39am On Dec 25, 2022
Truthisunique2:
Sure he deserves glory
He told you that the only way to give Him honor and glory is by doing that which He infact commanded of you. Every other way is Pagan and against His Law. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Celebrate Christmas? by Truthisunique2: 8:42am On Dec 25, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
He told you that the only way to give Him honor and glory is by doing that which He infact commanded of you. Every other way is Pagan and against His Law. undecided
keep shut

He is the same God that commanded the triumphant entry

Our God deserves reference from his creation

Nothing would be too big a day for theking

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Celebrate Christmas? by MrBroke(m): 8:44am On Dec 25, 2022
Celebrating what we created in our head. I like to have control over what I do or not and not be like just another random person living life out of ignorance
Re: Why Do You Celebrate Christmas? by Kobojunkiee: 8:45am On Dec 25, 2022
Truthisunique2:
keep shut
He is the same God that commanded the triumphant entry
He commanded the triumphant entry but He never commanded you to celebrate His Birthday.

Ofcourse the Truth of God is an insult to those who reject it. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Celebrate Christmas? by MrBroke(m): 8:46am On Dec 25, 2022
People just create things to fit their lifestyle and call it different names they like.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do You Celebrate Christmas? by Truthisunique2: 8:47am On Dec 25, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
you are ignorant

Again answer me, Did Jesus command the flamboyant Triumphant entry in Jerusalem?

Kobojunkiee:
He commanded the triumphant entry but He never commanded you to celebrate His Birthday.

Lol, Abdul have just been bursted, never knew Jesus required flamboyant honour

Now let me answer your ignorance since you agree Jesus commanded the triumphant entry

We don't think the way ignorant Muslims who have no book except copy paste Bible do

Jesus demanded honour which is the key lesson from the triumphant entry that he approved.

The first 10 commandent says you shall honour the Lord your God

Honour isn't stiff, just as we christians are commanded to serve the Lord with all our body, and soul that is how honour is all encompassing

Same Jesus commanded us to do all his lessons in his remembrance eg the Holy communion.

I hope you can learn and clean your salty tears as the biggest day in the world honours Jesus again just like the calendar you use testify to his honour

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Still About Death: Inviting Mr Anony And Any Other Interested Parties. / Virgin Mary Spirit Appear On A Wall In A Catholic Church In Edo (PHOTOS) / Disadvantages Of Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.