Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,833 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve (47438 Views)

Maiduguri 45°c: Fire Service Sprays Cool Water To Mitigate The Harsh Weather / Onitsha Bridge On Christmas Day: Slowdog Shocked At What He Saw: Pics & Video / Man, Wife And Three Kids Burnt To Death In Fatal Accident On Christmas Day (Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by chiedozie198100: 12:53pm On Dec 26, 2022
funsho75:

Do u want me to review it as a developer or as a content person...

and do you realy want me to tell u the truth... it gona hut grin

Yes I'm ready
Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by tydi(m): 12:53pm On Dec 26, 2022
SmartPolician:

She didn't stop you from traveling.

She's not an American visa agents at consulate and embassies that issue visas.

And you know I jetted out last night to be with my family and loved ones as we embrace the new year I advise you travel too and see!
Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by Nyanabo(m): 12:55pm On Dec 26, 2022
I guess the cold is making talk like barbie doll too?
Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by SenatePresdo(m): 1:16pm On Dec 26, 2022
Bankowner:
-13°C registered here in Ontario yesterday with snowstorm and high wind.

Last winter, I left a bottle of water in the car overnight and met blocked water in the morning.

Sounds scary.

So if person sleep for that car, na die be that.
Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by Enemyofpeace: 1:19pm On Dec 26, 2022
post=119425163:
Wow!
That must be some cold!
This happens in Jos sometimes also
na who ask you?
Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by walexy1(m): 1:27pm On Dec 26, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:
Na this kind weather I dey like I swear. Where you have to wear multiple layers of clothes. No the one hear in Nigeria. Heat go dey flog you even when you naked finish heat go still dey flog you.

I used to think of same before.

In Nottingham where I am presently at, though the temperature is now manageable at 6 degrees Celsius. But compared to some 2 or 3 weeks back, we were hitting -5 degrees and it wasn't funny at all. Even the heater couldn't handle the cold and we had to put on layers and layers on winter jacket and sweat shirts at once. So I cam only imagine what Canada looks like. My wife's Aunt in British Colombia in Canada called the other day and they were at -34 degrees. I felt really scared!!!! Cold is different from extreme �.
Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by Emoc: 1:30pm On Dec 26, 2022
Eriokanmi:
He said climate change is fake. He said this in Paris...global warming is as result of climate change, same as the never-seen-before winter you mentioned. Did you read about the never-seen-before heatwaves that erupted in Europe this year? Spain was worse hit. That's as a result of climate change as well. He even claimed those changes in climate had taken place years before. But after the meteors checked his claim, they were found to be false.

Trump is simply an illiterate

The problem is that fake news media always creates hysteria to bend the masses to the plans of globalists.

In the 70's they claimed there was global cooling, today it is global warming. cheesy
Mumu pepo.

Western fake news media are terrible liars & deceivers. Don't believe everything western fake news media tells you.

Global warming remains the fakest sh!t these globalists have come up with so far.

Stay tuned.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_cooling

2 Likes

Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by Lamasta(m): 1:43pm On Dec 26, 2022
And I dey here dey look for cold water to use drink my garri This is not fair
Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by chris51(f): 1:58pm On Dec 26, 2022
Richy4:
I thought Texas is one of the warmest part of US.. -7° is not really warm smiley
Just wondering what the temperature in some coldest part like Alaska will be registering..

Texas cold is for a few days.

1 Like

Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by chris51(f): 1:58pm On Dec 26, 2022
chris51:

Texas cold is for a few days.
Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by prophetfire: 2:00pm On Dec 26, 2022
Richy4:
I thought Texas is one of the warmest part of US.. -7° is not really warm smiley
Just wondering what the temperature in some coldest part like Alaska will be registering..
Hmmmmm. Fear don dey catch meoo. And I am thinking of japa to Canada as my next year's project. If usually warm places like Texas is like this, how would it be in Canada? I need proper enlightenment please.

1 Like

Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by id4sho(m): 2:04pm On Dec 26, 2022
donem:

The moniker you quoted was right, I have witnessed it more than once, compliments of the season.
It's a blatant lie. Am fully based in Jos.
Not even in pankshin&bokkos

1 Like

Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by Bankowner: 2:22pm On Dec 26, 2022
SenatePresdo:

Sounds scary.

So if person sleep for that car, na die be that.
You dare not try sleeping in the car bro! If the heater is on, no yawa. But if you run out of gas (fuel), that's the end!

1 Like

Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by twosquare(m): 2:25pm On Dec 26, 2022
prophetfire:
Hmmmmm. Fear don dey catch meoo. And I am thinking of japa to Canada as my next year's project. If usually warm places like Texas is like this, how would it be in Canada? I need proper enlightenment please.
Vancouver, British Columbia is your best bet. Reduced winter season...
But anywhere else, you go hear am well.

1 Like

Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by Bankowner: 2:27pm On Dec 26, 2022
dyera:

Environment with minus degree Celsius is not a place a normal human should live. Normal humans like me living in environment like that is absolute torture. People are really suffering in this world.
Well! Normal people do live here, it's all about adaptation. This is my second winter and believe me, the first one taught me survival skills. Over time, one gets used to it and don't even think much about it because you already know the routine.
Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by Nobody: 2:30pm On Dec 26, 2022
Nonexisting1:
Someone is saying her weather in Texas is bad and you are mentioning Florida, not even Alaska or Canada. Who told you Florida is colder than Texas? You agbadorians will just be opening mouth waa when una never traveled out of Osun state before.

You have a problem with English language

2 Likes

Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by Hier(m): 2:35pm On Dec 26, 2022
Bankowner:

Last winter, I left a bottle of water in the car overnight and met blocked water in the morning.

Does fuel also freeze out?
Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by placeofallure(f): 2:37pm On Dec 26, 2022
yinkeys:

Climate change
Nigeria is also getting hotter

My part of Lagos was 21 degree C early yesterday morning and hazy too. Right now, it has shot up to 32.
Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by prophetfire: 2:39pm On Dec 26, 2022
twosquare:
Vancouver, British Columbia is your best bet. Reduced winter season...
But anywhere else, you go hear am well.
Thanks. I will keep that in mind.
Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 26, 2022
Louis8796:
Can we talk.

Tell me.
Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by Zeezenho: 3:31pm On Dec 26, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:
Texans still needs to be thanking God for the weather!

The weather is still fairly good by all standards, if I won’t compare with Florida, or Hawaii

Oga stop whining people Florida and Hawaii have better weather compared to Texas.
Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by Zeezenho: 3:33pm On Dec 26, 2022
Richy4:

Texas is down south Yankee their weather is generally good but last week cold was like a kind of cold waves all over Yankee. Normally Texas is warm almost year round.
Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by Munzy14(m): 3:38pm On Dec 26, 2022
Richy4:
Alaska will be like naija blast freezer wey don see 72hrs steady light.

1 Like

Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by Nobody: 3:42pm On Dec 26, 2022
Zeezenho:

Oga stop whining people Florida and Hawaii have better weather compared to Texas.

You have a big problem with English language
Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by Zeezenho: 3:48pm On Dec 26, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:

You have a big problem with English language

Olodo your ancestors are English people right? You were busted instead of learning you came up with this gibberish.
Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by Nobody: 3:49pm On Dec 26, 2022
Zeezenho:

Olodo your ancestors are English people right? You were busted instead of learning you came up with this gibberish.

Go back and read!

Your destiny was not written in English language!

2 Likes

Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by OChimex: 3:59pm On Dec 26, 2022
Bankowner:

Lol. Here in Colorado we recorded, - 27 degrees Celsius Last Thursday.
Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by mekusmanuel(f): 4:32pm On Dec 26, 2022
It's cold outside my brother
Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by SenatePresdo(m): 5:00pm On Dec 26, 2022
Bankowner:

You dare not try sleeping in the car bro! If the heater is on, no yawa. But if you run out of gas (fuel), that's the end!

Regardless, I still feel intense cold is still better than the intense hotness of Desert areas like Sahara..
Re: How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve by Rolings: 6:00pm On Dec 26, 2022
id4sho:
Jos is cold no doubt, but it can't form ice. Kindly remember to take your morning drug dose

You mean it cant form snow?....cos i habe witnessed ice rain in jos before. No snow but ice do form in Jos especially when its raining

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fresh Crisis Brews In South Africa As Nigerians Get Eviction Threat / Which African Country Is The Best To Relocate To? / Check Out The $12,250 A Night Underwater Suite Review By Jaaruma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.