Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,178 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Would Fashion Design Be Relevant In A Few Years? - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Would Fashion Design Be Relevant In A Few Years? (12251 Views)

How To Be Relevant In Owambe Parties / Free Fashion Design Course. / Model's Boob Pops Out On The Runway At Lagos Fashion & Design Week 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would Fashion Design Be Relevant In A Few Years? by livinbygrace: 11:21am On Dec 27, 2022
Ff
Re: Would Fashion Design Be Relevant In A Few Years? by Nobody: 11:22am On Dec 27, 2022
cokeryusuf09:
My observation about most young people is that when they tend to choose an occupation, they mostly go for fashion design.

If I walk around my area, I can see not less than 4 or more shops selling cloth or learning fashion design.

Is it that lucrative or maybe they don't know what to choose?

My opinion is that sometimes if youth don't know what to choose, can't they choose to solve problems in their environment. If they lack passion or are clueless about what to choose.

They can look at their community and search for an occupation that they need but few or none exist in the community.

An example is a community, that needs a plumber that fixes sewage, but they hire people from other communities.

I think youth can use this idea to earn a living.
Presently, we v the problem of lack of technology in Nigeria. How many house dey use pipe borne water except self made bore holes? Plumbing is lucrative but it's now being enjoyed by people who v bore holes. Those doing fashion designer appear to be too much but that's the service they know they can get easy patronage from

4 Likes

Re: Would Fashion Design Be Relevant In A Few Years? by Ashirioluwa: 11:32am On Dec 27, 2022
Yes for those who are good in the fashion art. You have to be creative to be successful in this field
Re: Would Fashion Design Be Relevant In A Few Years? by jericco1(m): 11:33am On Dec 27, 2022
I think it will be.
Re: Would Fashion Design Be Relevant In A Few Years? by Kharol1234: 11:34am On Dec 27, 2022
Wainey:
Fashion designing is lucrative TBH.
With most dresses costing as much as N7k to sew and bigger ones costing 20-30k to sew.

The average tailer makes 60-90k a month, if he sews traditional wears that cost upto 20k, he could make way higher than that.

A fashion designer in Abuja who sews for politicians will be banking N500-1m a month.
sorry which location the ISLAND OR MAINLAND
Re: Would Fashion Design Be Relevant In A Few Years? by 1x2x3: 11:34am On Dec 27, 2022
Lol, even if there are 20 tailors in one complex, if you are creative with your sewing, you would never run out of customers. Sewing is a creative and passionate business so only those who are very good will remain as time goes on.

1 Like

Re: Would Fashion Design Be Relevant In A Few Years? by SweetVibe: 11:36am On Dec 27, 2022
Wainey:
With most dresses costing as much as N7k to sew and bigger ones costing 20-30k to sew.

The average tailer makes 60-90k a month, if he sews traditional wears that cost upto 20k, he could make way higher than that.

A fashion designer in Abuja who sews for politicians will be banking N500-1m a month.
Tales by moonlight
Re: Would Fashion Design Be Relevant In A Few Years? by emoboy4u: 11:46am On Dec 27, 2022
We were created Naked and very soon we'll return naked as we can all see signs of our women going naked.
Re: Would Fashion Design Be Relevant In A Few Years? by The5DME(m): 11:47am On Dec 27, 2022
All the tailors I know are poor.
Re: Would Fashion Design Be Relevant In A Few Years? by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 27, 2022
Don't blame them. Entertainment has taken center stage in our economy despite not been the most lucrative. Every youth these days needs to be seen or noticed in one way or the other. So if they decide to use fashion design to show off their skill and creativity, you don't have to blame them.

To answer your question, fashion design will still be relevant as long as entertainment remains relevant
Re: Would Fashion Design Be Relevant In A Few Years? by AntiWailer: 11:58am On Dec 27, 2022
Wainey:

I know a very simple fashion designer who pays one of the workers 100k.

When I say simple k mean u can guess 100 fashion designers without mentioning it knowing them.

They av never owe salary for 1. Day in 2 years
Re: Would Fashion Design Be Relevant In A Few Years? by yusufu16: 12:00pm On Dec 27, 2022
The5DME:
All the tailors I know are poor.

Have you met Yomi Casual - a billionaire tailor, Vodi- a billionaire, etc.
Re: Would Fashion Design Be Relevant In A Few Years? by The5DME(m): 12:10pm On Dec 27, 2022
yusufu16:

Have you met Yomi Casual - a billionaire tailor, Vodi- a billionaire, etc.
He's one in 60,000. So?
Re: Would Fashion Design Be Relevant In A Few Years? by Wainey: 12:13pm On Dec 27, 2022
StrongAlphMale:
The average Nigerian girl who's into fashion designing is into runz and hookups..

Know this and know peace
Please its not only ur sisters that is doing fashion designing.
Every fashion designer cannot be like ur sisters

3 Likes

Re: Would Fashion Design Be Relevant In A Few Years? by kunle75(m): 1:00pm On Dec 27, 2022
cokeryusuf09:

Can you tell me how?

If they won't, people like Kanye west whom has never sat on a sewing machine for one seconds won't be making money from all fashion outfits in the world.
Thats what they called creativity,new ideas,design,materials etc will keep evolving and fashion designers around the globe including Nigeria will continue to thrive.

Solder go Solder come barrack no dey move.
In the 80s and 90s there are big fashion designers in Nigeria but time is evolving, new generations of designers are springing up and the cycle continues.
Re: Would Fashion Design Be Relevant In A Few Years? by yusufu16: 1:06pm On Dec 27, 2022
The5DME:
He's one in 60,000. So?

Same way we have only 1 billionaire out of every 4 million people in the world. So do the maths.

1 Like

Re: Would Fashion Design Be Relevant In A Few Years? by StrongAlphMale: 1:22pm On Dec 27, 2022
Wainey:
fool avoid me on nairaland. Stop simping on my comments. What an idiot
Re: Would Fashion Design Be Relevant In A Few Years? by remirez07(m): 1:26pm On Dec 27, 2022
Fashion will always relevant. Fashion has been before the Christ.. Christ himself na fashionista �
Re: Would Fashion Design Be Relevant In A Few Years? by Advancedman(m): 1:26pm On Dec 27, 2022
cokeryusuf09:
My observation about most young people is that when they tend to choose an occupation, they mostly go for fashion design.

If I walk around my area, I can see not less than 4 or more shops selling cloth or learning fashion design.

My opinion is that sometimes if youth don't know what to choose, can't they choose to solve problems in their environment. If they lack passion or are clueless about what to choose.

They can look at their community and search for an occupation that they need but few or none exist in the community.

An example is a community, that needs a plumber that fixes sewage, but they hire people from other communities.

Na FOOL dey ask this kind idiotic question or just wan carry curse.

1 Like

Re: Would Fashion Design Be Relevant In A Few Years? by Makanaki127: 1:56pm On Dec 27, 2022
Well you are definitely wrong my dear, looking at the society today you will see the way things are going, especially in the south area of the country,the way they are opening tailoring stores that is how they are also closing those shops back in less than 3 months, because they are losing focus and entering yahoo,no young boy or girl is even learning handwork again,they are all into yahoo and hookup,
The few who knows what they are doing and remain focus are hitting big in their different fields because a lot of young people don't want to work legitimately anymore so the few who are ready to hustle cash out big,in the south 80% of youth are yahoo boys
Re: Would Fashion Design Be Relevant In A Few Years? by Makanaki127: 1:59pm On Dec 27, 2022
Soon in states like delta, Benin. There will be no tailor to sew their clothes,no mechanical to repair their cars,no dry cleaners,no private school teachers infact no education and no skills because everybody is into yahoo even kids.so if you stay focus and determine and know what you are doing,you will cash out big
Re: Would Fashion Design Be Relevant In A Few Years? by peculiar2233: 2:17pm On Dec 27, 2022
Fashion designing will only be irrelevant the day people seize to wear clothes which is impossible so don't stress yourself. Go for it
Re: Would Fashion Design Be Relevant In A Few Years? by MrBroke(m): 2:18pm On Dec 27, 2022
The most lucrative business on earth is the money business that is the financial market. It can never get saturated grin
Re: Would Fashion Design Be Relevant In A Few Years? by Orlatunday11(m): 2:27pm On Dec 27, 2022
And b4 u give it time to learn plumbing bumm sm1 might be thr or many join after you.
Follow ur passion not solving others problem, enduring 4ever
Re: Would Fashion Design Be Relevant In A Few Years? by Hassanmaye(m): 2:32pm On Dec 27, 2022
cokeryusuf09:

Very smart
Re: Would Fashion Design Be Relevant In A Few Years? by RestructureNig4: 3:14pm On Dec 27, 2022
Hassanmaye:

Very smart

Bloody Muhamedian pig
Re: Would Fashion Design Be Relevant In A Few Years? by DomainPros: 3:34pm On Dec 27, 2022
Wainey:

Fashion design is only lucrative, like any line of work, for those who know what they are doing. I changed my tailor this year because the former guy does not know what he is doing or not focus.

Many people go into it in Nigerian not because they are passionate about it but because they don't know what else to do with their life.

The former tailor clothes are what I am even wearing now. Imagine having one pocket pointing to the front and the second pocket pointing to the back when you deep your hands inside. I get angry any time I wear his clothes.

I was referred to a tailor that sews Oyedepo's dress and I have been happy ever since because he knows what he is doing.

1 Like

Re: Would Fashion Design Be Relevant In A Few Years? by shantti(m): 4:30pm On Dec 27, 2022
in the future AI would take over dress design

In fact i would like to design an AI that does just that
Re: Would Fashion Design Be Relevant In A Few Years? by furoid: 4:45pm On Dec 27, 2022
I think every young person has the right to choose to be whatever. Being a fashion designer or plumber is not a problem, what matters is how he lives happily
Re: Would Fashion Design Be Relevant In A Few Years? by RestructureNig4: 4:47pm On Dec 27, 2022
Hassanmaye:

Very smart

Bloody Muhamedian pig why are you sending me emails? Quote me here and say whatever you wish.

Bloody Sahelian dweller
Re: Would Fashion Design Be Relevant In A Few Years? by placeofallure(f): 4:59pm On Dec 27, 2022
Wainey:

I wanted to sew just blouse o, only blouse, no scarf, no gele; and I was charged 10k!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

For Whiter And Glowing Skin N / Got/want Cute Ankara Styles, Post Them Up! / How To Even Out Your Skin Tone Before Applying Makeup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.