Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,087 members, 7,828,817 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Places You Don't Want To Visit (part 2) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Places You Don't Want To Visit (part 2) (1863 Views)

Breathtaking Places You Never Knew Existed(photos) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Places You Don't Want To Visit (part 2) by Nobody: 5:22pm On Sep 01, 2011
This is another interesting compilation i just discovered.
I know Ajegunle should make the list but i don't have any picture at the mo. But here are places around the world you should't dream of going to.
Esp for guys looking for greener pastures anywhere else but Naija.  grin

Click for more here,

Re: Places You Don't Want To Visit (part 2) by Nobody: 5:25pm On Sep 01, 2011
Chernobyl.

Re: Places You Don't Want To Visit (part 2) by Nobody: 5:27pm On Sep 01, 2011
These are not far from some apartments i've seen in Lag.

Re: Places You Don't Want To Visit (part 2) by Nobody: 5:38pm On Sep 01, 2011
Kibera, Kenya.

Re: Places You Don't Want To Visit (part 2) by Nobody: 10:38pm On Sep 01, 2011
is that a favela in you pictures?! you must be kidding right?! are you saying that people shouldnt visit Brazil si8mply because they have favelas?! oh lawd, i guess people shouldnt visit 9ja because of Ajegunle then?! whatever you are smoking, pls lay it off!
Re: Places You Don't Want To Visit (part 2) by Nobody: 10:11am On Sep 02, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

is that a favela in you pictures?! you must be kidding right?! are you saying that people shouldnt visit Brazil si8mply because they have favelas?! oh lawd, i guess people shouldnt visit 9ja because of Ajegunle then?! whatever you are smoking, pls lay it off!
What is your problem @MrbrownJAY. Can't you be objective and reasonable for a moment before posting replies. The topic reads Places you don't want to Visit, Not COUNTRIES. You better go to a park nearby if you feel like picking up a fight.
Re: Places You Don't Want To Visit (part 2) by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 02, 2011
^^ not picking a fight man, just trying to understand your post.
again bro, what is the place you are referring to (to begin with) all others had names while the favela one didnt?!
is that Rio de Janeiro? you DO know that they have FAVELA TOURS RIGHT?!

also, you talk about places you dont want to "visit" while your link is about places you dont want to "live in", so which is it?!
Re: Places You Don't Want To Visit (part 2) by Nobody: 11:42am On Sep 02, 2011
That Image is just to show that their are slums in Brazil too "Rocinha – Rio de Janeiro, Brazil" Favela or no Favela. Besides, it's nothing so serious It's just to show the wild places in those countries and no doubt every country has it's own.
Re: Places You Don't Want To Visit (part 2) by Nobody: 12:51pm On Sep 02, 2011
as i have partied in Rocinha in the past, i can safely say that it is NOT as bad as your post makes it to be. dont believe the hype! here is what this picture wont tell you, in Rocinha there is a UNIVERSITY, BANKS, RESTAURANTS, BARS and of course a fantastic beach right opposite that place. it certainly "look" bad but it sure AINT!!!!

Rocinha IS the #1 favela that gets the guided tours. lol, how ironic!

go to google and do a image search for Rocinha to understand how it really looks.
Re: Places You Don't Want To Visit (part 2) by Nobody: 1:45pm On Sep 02, 2011
You have a point and i'm sure you the negativity that post seem to portray but the picture speeks for itself. Sorry if the topic tagged with it doesn't go down well with you. I have a Nigerian/Brazilian friend as well as Japanese and other countries featured on the post but then it isn't meant to be demeaning.
Re: Places You Don't Want To Visit (part 2) by Nobody: 2:12pm On Sep 02, 2011
yes it didnt go down well with me as I have visited this place multiple times and would recommend it to anyone visiting Brazil.
its part of the Brazilian culture, the essence of this vibrant city, nobody will truly know, understand AND discover  Rio until they have a stroll in a favela and mingle with the locals that lives there.

anyway i am surprise there isnt any places like Irak, Afghanistan in your pics.
Re: Places You Don't Want To Visit (part 2) by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 02, 2011
Somalia is there and more will come as soon as i discover them. I Intend travelling around and taking some pictures myself.
Re: Places You Don't Want To Visit (part 2) by Nobody: 9:11pm On Sep 02, 2011
lol@ brand new!

i sooo agree! chernobyl tops the list!!!!! grin grin

(1) (Reply)

I Need Direction From Ojota To Apapa Amusement Park / Expired Nigerian Passport In Uk / Finally In Gh: Any Idea Of Any Legitimate Paying Hustle Here?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.