Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

Okowa And DESOPADEC: Wonders By The Rivers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okowa And DESOPADEC: Wonders By The Rivers (267 Views)

Picture Of Okowa And Sowore Smiling At Peter OBI At The ICAN Annual Conference / Governor Okowa And Obasanjo In Closed-Door Meeting (Photos) / Governor Okowa And Wife, Edith Test Positive For Coronavirus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Okowa And DESOPADEC: Wonders By The Rivers by Details0987: 12:11pm On Dec 26, 2022
Okowa and DESOPADEC: Wonders By The Rivers

By Godwin Obire

Development comes in different forms, according to needs. Some persons only judge by what they see in major towns and cities but, for a state as wide, expansive and complex as Delta, development goes far deeper.

For the riverine communities in Itsekiri and Ijaw lands, for instance, their needs are different from those upland.

It was therefore astonishing to see what Governor Okowa and the Delta State Oil Producing Areas Development Commission are doing to meet the critical needs of the people.

In the Itsekiri area, two major projects stand out: The Floating Market at Ugheye and the Twin New Towns of Oboghoro and Utonlila, some two hours boat ride from Koko, in Warri North.

The Floating Market is a wonder. It is a deliberately designed trading centre,complete with lock-up shops, stalls, a huge landing jetty and water and electricity projects, to serve the cluster of settlements along the Benin River.

The floating market now will enable traders from the cities to conveniently interact with the local riverine people at a one-shop place and that goes to boost commercial and economic life of the creek people.

But, you haven't seen nothing yet until you get to the Twin New Towns being built by DESOPADEC at Oboghoro and Utonlila communities. It is an attempt to build city life on reclaimed river for the rural, swamp dwellers.

The towns are complete with phased housing projects, concrete roads, rural electrification and generation plants, water treatment plants, landing jetty, foreshore protection, primary and full boarding school, cottage hospitals, doctor and nurses quarters, event centres and connected with a bridge.

It is such that the people can enjoy any critical facility that is available in the cities. This project provides economic and investment opportunities, checks rural to urban migration and the people are happy.

Interestingly, P-Square is billed to stage a show at Oboghoro, by the river, this Christmas.

The only thing I have found curious is: Why does Okowa not publicise these landmark legacies and achievements?

Re: Okowa And DESOPADEC: Wonders By The Rivers by SadiqBabaSani: 12:25pm On Dec 26, 2022
Thunder that will scatter this op, see it is ohk for a wicked politician to give you money to publicize rubbish but the extent you do it should be minimal

1 Like

Re: Okowa And DESOPADEC: Wonders By The Rivers by Blazejerrison(m): 6:29pm On Dec 26, 2022
Dealers and connected individuals
I need serious hustlers who can help market my cars
I pay minimum commission of 50k for each car sold.
Serious enquirers only
Cars are located in Lagos and Warri
All Our cars are always very affordable

CALL/WHATSAPP +2349020561787
I will also create a group where I upload available cars.

(1) (Reply)

Text Of An Address Delivered By His Excellency, Senator Ademola Adeleke At The L / Let's Do A Quick Election Maths To See how NW And NE Can Influence This Election / Challenges Tinubu/Atiku Supporter May face After 2023 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.