Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Tinubu Free Airtime Giveaway; A Vote Buying Strategy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Free Airtime Giveaway; A Vote Buying Strategy (1280 Views)

How Cashless Policy Will Help Track Tinubu And Atiku Vote Buying Strategy / Jagabandits Come And Collect Tinubu’s Free Phones / Nigerians Pass A Vote Of No Confidence On INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Free Airtime Giveaway; A Vote Buying Strategy by Finesse247: 12:46pm On Dec 26, 2022
RED ALERT angry angry angry
I was scrolling through Nairaland this morning and I came across a sponsored ad for TInubu/Shettima campaign promising free airtime. This caught my attention. However, as I clicked on the ad and began it linked me to bolatinubu. com and when you answer question on if you support Tinubu or not, (Yes or No) it will eventually take you to https :// apc-campaigns. netlify. app/, where you will be asked to enter your phone number and name. I couldn't help but wonder if this was just a cleverly disguised vote buying strategy. I did not enter my phone number, and I cant tell if you will receive the airtime or not.
Vote buying is a common issue in Nigerian elections, where candidates or their supporters offer money, gifts, or other incentives to voters in exchange for their support at the ballot box. It is a form of corruption that undermines the integrity of the electoral process and can lead to elected officials who are more beholden to their donors than to the voters they represent.

Given the prevalence of vote buying in Nigerian politics, it's natural to be skeptical of any offer that seems too good to be true. Free airtime, in particular, could be seen as an attractive incentive for voters, especially those who are struggling financially and may be tempted by the prospect of getting something for nothing.

So, is this ad for free airtime on Nairaland a vote buying strategy? It's impossible to say for sure without more information. Or it could be a way for a TInubu campaign to drum up support by offering a tempting incentive to voters.

If you're considering taking advantage of the offer for free airtime, it's important for you to know the potential risks. Here are a few things to consider:
Privacy: By entering your personal information on the campaign website, you may be giving the campaign access to your data, including your phone number, email address, and potentially even your location. This information could be used for targeted advertising or other purposes, and may be shared with third parties.

Spam: If you provide your phone number or email address to the campaign, you may begin to receive a large volume of spam messages or calls from the campaign or its supporters.

Targeted propaganda: By entering your personal information on the campaign website, you may be more likely to receive targeted propaganda or misinformation from the campaign. This could be used to manipulate your opinion or make you more likely to support the campaign.

Vote buying: If the campaign is offering free airtime in exchange for personal information, there is a risk that it is attempting to buy votes. This is a form of corruption that undermines the integrity of the electoral process and could lead to elected officials who are more beholden to their donors than to the voters they represent.

1 Share

Re: Tinubu Free Airtime Giveaway; A Vote Buying Strategy by duro4chang(m): 12:59pm On Dec 26, 2022
Tinubu is my man. He is my choice. He is my favorite. The only one who can fix the country.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Free Airtime Giveaway; A Vote Buying Strategy by LeoDeKing: 1:03pm On Dec 26, 2022
Over 10k threads about Tinubu in less than 0ne week.

Funny enough, the creators of those threads are all over the social media screaming pandora anini is giving others hbp.

The very height of poppycock. grin

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Free Airtime Giveaway; A Vote Buying Strategy by NwaMamaIwota(f): 1:13pm On Dec 26, 2022
LeoDeKing:
Over 10k threads about Tinubu in less than 0ne week.

Funny enough, the creators of those threads are all over the social media screaming pandora anini is giving others hbp.

The very height of poppycock. grin
refund those victims
Re: Tinubu Free Airtime Giveaway; A Vote Buying Strategy by StrongandMighty: 1:35pm On Dec 26, 2022
If not that Apc have weaponised poverty and deliberately kept Nigerians in abject poverty, what will make someone vote for a senile old druggie man because of ordinary airtime?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Free Airtime Giveaway; A Vote Buying Strategy by PrettyClara1(f): 3:05pm On Dec 26, 2022
I already did for a while now and they gave me nothing
Re: Tinubu Free Airtime Giveaway; A Vote Buying Strategy by Finesse247: 4:41pm On Dec 26, 2022
PrettyClara1:
I already did for a while now and they gave me nothing
grin grin grin grin
Re: Tinubu Free Airtime Giveaway; A Vote Buying Strategy by Finesse247: 4:55pm On Dec 26, 2022
StrongandMighty:
If not that Apc have weapinised poverty and deliberately kept Nigerians in abject poverty, what will make someone vote for senile old druggie man because of ordinary airtime?
pathetic

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: President Buhari Adds Bauchi State To His APC Presidential Rally / Which North West And North East State Can Obi Get 25%? / Big News! Obi Spokesperson, Okonkwo Spits Fire, Indicts Inec Chairman With Damn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.