Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,446 members, 7,830,234 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

I'm Thinking of Building a Mortuary, Weird? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I'm Thinking of Building a Mortuary, Weird? (6436 Views)

Developing A Company Profile And Writing A Business Proposal / Lists Of Building Materials Imported From China / Planning On Going Into Mortuary Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Thinking of Building a Mortuary, Weird? by tEsLim(m): 9:25pm On Sep 02, 2011
Nice business but the cold room for fish and other frozen product is better.  You will be surprised with all sort of conditions from some families and the type of dead bodies that would be brought you might not have the heart for such business. ANd recruiting staffs for mortuary business no be easy thing. ANd you may be getting offers from cultist and people that want human parts i'm just thinking looking at how things are in Nigeria etc

Imagine a family owing you and really wants the body and you telling them they must pay before taking the dead remains, and them later just dashing you the body like that. Because they now how you say 500k in arrears.

But still you have to advertise and make campaigns. This can help you / your business if you are aggressive in marketing

1. Like put adverts on the inter-state highways wink  , and offer trailer/danfo drivers free alcohol beverages at bus stops
2. Sponsor conflicts  
3. Have a deal with general hospitals and popular hospitals known for high death rates
4. Sponsor reality tv programs that induce suicide
5. Co-locate with a coffin builder how make space for one so both of you will be together or be located next to places where their are lots of coffin businesses
6. Be friends with okada riders and help them against the anti-okoda laws in Lagos state
7. Help the igbo boys or you yourself should import  more inferior okada helmets

just few ideas you an contact me for more
Re: I'm Thinking of Building a Mortuary, Weird? by OYINBOGOJU(m): 9:28pm On Sep 02, 2011
Get ready to fight with the Dead.

Some corpse are very sturbborn
Re: I'm Thinking of Building a Mortuary, Weird? by Womaniza: 10:19pm On Sep 02, 2011
I guess you would be praying that the lord prosper you. How will the lord prosper you when God is not a murderer cheesy cheesy
Re: I'm Thinking of Building a Mortuary, Weird? by tEsLim(m): 10:32pm On Sep 02, 2011
Nice business but the cold room for fish and other frozen product is better. You will be surprised with all sort of conditions from some families and the type of dead bodies that would be brought you might not have the heart for such business. ANd recruiting staffs for mortuary business no be easy thing. ANd you may be getting offers from cultist and people that want human parts i'm just thinking looking at how things are in Nigeria etc

Imagine a family owing you and really wants the body and you telling them they must pay before taking the dead remains, and them later just dashing you the body like that. Because they now how you say 500k in arrears.

But still you have to advertise and make campaigns. This can help you / your business if you are aggressive in marketing

Like put adverts on the inter-state highways wink , and offer trailer/danfo drivers free alcohol beverages at bus stops

Sponsor conflicts

Have a deal with general hospitals and popular hospitals known for high death rates

Sponsor reality tv programs that induce suicide

Co-locate with a coffin builder how make space for one so both of you will be together or be located next to places where their are lots of coffin businesses

Be friends with okada riders and help them against the anti-okoda laws in Lagos state

Help the igbo boys or you yourself should import more inferior okada helmets

Re: I'm Thinking of Building a Mortuary, Weird? by frankjoe(m): 10:47pm On Sep 02, 2011
Yeah, it's a good idea. Your dead body will be good for testing the mortuary sha. Invite me if your done building it.
Re: I'm Thinking of Building a Mortuary, Weird? by sley4life(m): 11:00pm On Sep 02, 2011
its not a bad idea but be ready to dine with ghost
Re: I'm Thinking of Building a Mortuary, Weird? by gree212: 11:12pm On Sep 02, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked So, you r praying for people to die? hey o! hey! why not build caskets! Anyway, I find it strange that this is the kind of business that first poped up to your head. Please come up with another Idea, I will support you, but this one, NO!!!! angry
Re: I'm Thinking of Building a Mortuary, Weird? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Sep 02, 2011
tanx peeps. . .
I read all ur comments.
I actualy thot of d idea due to d fact dat ppl 4rm my villa drive 4 abt an hour just to bring bk a corpse 4 burial. .
And we got lotsa hospitals arnd bt no mortuaries.

I also wantd it to be a side*investment.

Bt d stigma nd spiritualism is wot i*m more concernd abt.

I cnt seem to tink of any oda beta biz.

I dnt nid to pray 4 people to die. . . Itz inevitable. Xpecialy in my vilage dat dey so love jazz.
Re: I'm Thinking of Building a Mortuary, Weird? by ahmedinho1(m): 12:48am On Sep 03, 2011
One should even commend you for thinking of going into such business. Govt mortuaries are overcrowded. We have to commend you for taking that responsibility. It's not even a bad business cos people die everywhere, everyday.
Re: I'm Thinking of Building a Mortuary, Weird? by dinggle: 7:26am On Sep 03, 2011
My friend's dad closed his morgue business because the spirit of a man who died angry refused to rest in peace because he felt cheated to death. The spirit got up at night and slapped my friend's dad till today he jaw is stiff, one eye blind and one ear deaf, my friend's dad explained the slap was  as like a tonardo even tho the poor man has never seen, experienced or felt a tonardo before the slap.
Re: I'm Thinking of Building a Mortuary, Weird? by mrmayor(m): 7:59am On Sep 03, 2011
@Naysayers,

Private morgues would not accept UNIDENTIFIED accident victims, those are sent straight to govt mortuaries. I think it would be lucrative if the OP was to add Value Added Services like IMC does, his wife can do the catering.

@dinggle,

Now that would make for a good Nollywood story, with OSofia playing your friend's dad

@OP,

My guy make sure your morgue is POSH, you would have more business than you can handle, remember as Nigerians  we love[b] Efizzy[/b]
Re: I'm Thinking of Building a Mortuary, Weird? by tEsLim(m): 10:15am On Sep 03, 2011
Nice business but the cold room for fish and other frozen product is better.  You will be surprised with all sort of conditions from some families and the type of dead bodies that would be brought you might not have the heart for such business. ANd recruiting staffs for mortuary business no be easy thing. ANd you may be getting offers from cultist and people that want human parts i'm just thinking looking at how things are in Nigeria etc

Imagine a family owing you and really wants the body and you telling them they must pay before taking the dead remains,  and them later just dashing you the body like that. Because they now owe you say 500k in arrears.
Re: I'm Thinking of Building a Mortuary, Weird? by MMM2(m): 11:08am On Sep 03, 2011
money
Re: I'm Thinking of Building a Mortuary, Weird? by tEsLim(m): 11:51am On Sep 03, 2011

Like put adverts on the inter-state highways wink , and offer trailer/danfo drivers free alcohol beverages at bus stops

Sponsor conflicts

Have a deal with general hospitals and popular hospitals known for high death rates

Sponsor reality tv programs that induce suicide

Co-locate with a coffin builder how make space for one so both of you will be together or be located next to places where their are lots of coffin businesses

Be friends with okada riders and help them against the anti-okoda laws in Lagos state

Help the igbo boys or you yourself should import more inferior okada helmets

Re: I'm Thinking of Building a Mortuary, Weird? by baslone: 12:51pm On Sep 03, 2011
dinggle:

My friend's dad closed is morgue business because the spirit of a man who died angry refused to rest in peace because he felt cheated to death. The spirit got up at night and slapped my friend's dad till today he jaw is stiff, one eye blind and one ear deaf, my friend's dad explained the slap was as like a tonardo even tho the poor man has never seen, experienced or felt a tonardo before the slap.

Eeeyyya!!!! I feel really sad for your friend's dad! grin
Re: I'm Thinking of Building a Mortuary, Weird? by hugooh42(m): 5:32pm On Sep 03, 2011
@Poster mortuary business is a very lucrative business i have intention of going into it.I have sought idea from Nairalanders about that in the past.check out the link.

www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-612705.0.html

What informed my decision to start one was after visiting Ikeja general hospital with my friend to identify his cousin's corpse.I saw how bodies were littered all over the floor for lack of space.The first thoUght that came to my mind was that corpses need some respect even in death and the second one is Business opportunity.My guy don't mind those who suggested that your prayers will be for people to die.No matter what, people must die,whether from sickness ,old age ,accident etc death is inevitable. Therefore your job is to give the bodies a temporaly place of stay before their final journey to the grave.And at the same time making your money.
Right now i have acquired apiece of land for that purpose and hope to start construction next year january.

1 Like

Re: I'm Thinking of Building a Mortuary, Weird? by wazobiang: 7:09pm On Sep 03, 2011
dead people will be your customers!
Re: I'm Thinking of Building a Mortuary, Weird? by OYINBOGOJU(m): 9:08pm On Sep 03, 2011
I think its going to be a good business in Maiduguri and Abuja.

Don`t come near west pls.

NO MORE DEATH
Re: I'm Thinking of Building a Mortuary, Weird? by JUSTME2SY: 9:32pm On Sep 03, 2011
Equally offer public shares, Huge sums for you to expand the business grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

FCMB And Systemspecs Sign MoU, Launch A Payroll Solution For SMEs / Payoneer's Good News To Nairalanders And Nigerians! / FIRS Gets N23bn Unpaid Taxes From Corporate Firms After Accounts Suspension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.