Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,467 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Public Safety: Lagos State Safety Commission Seals Wonderland Lagos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Public Safety: Lagos State Safety Commission Seals Wonderland Lagos (32251 Views)

Lagos State Safety Commission Arrests Fake Consultants / Lagos State Safety Commission Seals 19 Event Centres For Safety Infractions / Lagos State Safety Commission Implores Lagosians To Adopt Safety Practices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Public Safety: Lagos State Safety Commission Seals Wonderland Lagos by leofab(f): 10:32pm On Dec 26, 2022
Imagine
Re: Public Safety: Lagos State Safety Commission Seals Wonderland Lagos by Bankowner: 10:44pm On Dec 26, 2022

Mr. Lanre Mojola further disclosed that the event venue owner - Mr Ezekiel Adamu had refused to implement safety measures prescribed by the Commission despite several meetings at the onset of the project following an initial safety inspection exercise carried out on the venue to deliberate on safety infractions observed within the facility.

So with all this information about infractions from the very beginning of the project, they still allowed the facility to open to the public?

It has to take an accident to happen for the proper thing to be done!

How pathetic.

3 Likes

Re: Public Safety: Lagos State Safety Commission Seals Wonderland Lagos by Buharidgeneral: 10:45pm On Dec 26, 2022
kelvine:
RIP to the diseased.
This is a good move if truly the management of Wonderland had been complacent on safety practices.

How?
Re: Public Safety: Lagos State Safety Commission Seals Wonderland Lagos by Spain007(m): 10:45pm On Dec 26, 2022
FOOTSOLDIER1:

Go back and recheck the comment grin cheesy

God forbid bad thing...
Re: Public Safety: Lagos State Safety Commission Seals Wonderland Lagos by jaxxy(m): 10:46pm On Dec 26, 2022
They said it didn't meet safety standards bt allowed it to go operational?

1 Like

Re: Public Safety: Lagos State Safety Commission Seals Wonderland Lagos by PHIPEX(m): 10:46pm On Dec 26, 2022
The govt knew he didn't follow safety cautions yet they allowed him to operate until a life was lost?? Isn't this a case of medicine after death?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Public Safety: Lagos State Safety Commission Seals Wonderland Lagos by Enemyofpeace: 11:06pm On Dec 26, 2022
Kobicove:
In which part of Lagos is this facility located?
ilesha
Re: Public Safety: Lagos State Safety Commission Seals Wonderland Lagos by Xnews: 11:16pm On Dec 26, 2022
Re: Public Safety: Lagos State Safety Commission Seals Wonderland Lagos by sinola(m): 11:29pm On Dec 26, 2022
Kobicove:
In which part of Lagos is this facility located?

Eko Atlantic near bar Beach.

15k per child to enter the facility

1 Like

Re: Public Safety: Lagos State Safety Commission Seals Wonderland Lagos by etcme(m): 11:30pm On Dec 26, 2022
FOOTSOLDIER1:

Go back and recheck the comment grin cheesy

Yes, I saw what you did there

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Public Safety: Lagos State Safety Commission Seals Wonderland Lagos by GFELOG2018: 11:41pm On Dec 26, 2022
I Just left Wonderland with my Kids .I think they meant to say the other Park called ,Hakuna Matata .

Wonderland is functioning at Eko Atlantic .

@ Op,please check your source .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Public Safety: Lagos State Safety Commission Seals Wonderland Lagos by njelrapheal: 11:47pm On Dec 26, 2022
kingamaa:
I tell you dispassionately, Lagos is working

The way they promptly respond to issues, the way they show leadership, infrastructural development etc. etc

I tell you again, Lagos na baba

No, be mouth.

Eko oni baje o

Lagos continue to show them the way

Apongbon bridge has been under repairs for close to 6 months now. Lagos is working

2 Likes

Re: Public Safety: Lagos State Safety Commission Seals Wonderland Lagos by juman(m): 12:01am On Dec 27, 2022
A guest was electrocuted!
Electrocuted!!

Crazy facilities should be paying very heavy fines.
Re: Public Safety: Lagos State Safety Commission Seals Wonderland Lagos by silibaba: 12:06am On Dec 27, 2022
kelvine:
RIP to the diseased.
This is a good move if truly the management of Wonderland had been complacent on safety practices.

Deceased rather.
Re: Public Safety: Lagos State Safety Commission Seals Wonderland Lagos by wolesmile(m): 12:06am On Dec 27, 2022
davodyguy:

Who died?

Na for your village Abi?
What does "Electrocute" mean?

1 Like

Re: Public Safety: Lagos State Safety Commission Seals Wonderland Lagos by wolesmile(m): 12:08am On Dec 27, 2022
Zumis:
Read please before commenting!
Re: Public Safety: Lagos State Safety Commission Seals Wonderland Lagos by crusufixo(m): 12:08am On Dec 27, 2022
Wow !!! And was thinking of going there later in the week with my family....
Re: Public Safety: Lagos State Safety Commission Seals Wonderland Lagos by wolesmile(m): 12:08am On Dec 27, 2022
Madmazel99:
nobody died
Re: Public Safety: Lagos State Safety Commission Seals Wonderland Lagos by davodyguy: 12:19am On Dec 27, 2022
wolesmile:

Electrocution is death or severe injury caused by electric shock from electric current passing through the body.
Re: Public Safety: Lagos State Safety Commission Seals Wonderland Lagos by cjoe3910: 12:23am On Dec 27, 2022
Re: Public Safety: Lagos State Safety Commission Seals Wonderland Lagos by Gilgil: 12:42am On Dec 27, 2022
Abeg, this is literally medicine after death.

You know the guys have been non- compliant, yet you didn't shut them down?

Then you keep having meetings yet allow them to run?

Then because someone has died, you come to cover your @ss.

The top regulator boss should resign.

This is no sign of any Lagos working. Its a reactive measure to cover up.

A proper regulator will shut you down first and then you operate when you meet requirements.

Mscheewe!

kingamaa:

The way they promptly respond to issues, the way they show leadership, infrastructural development etc. etc

No, be mouth.

Eko oni baje o

Re: Public Safety: Lagos State Safety Commission Seals Wonderland Lagos by Ykc2(m): 12:47am On Dec 27, 2022
Not they are serious about anything but for you to go and pay your dues to them finish,lagos is like nafdac once you pay nafdac start producing your gutter water called pure water
Re: Public Safety: Lagos State Safety Commission Seals Wonderland Lagos by brandsoncharlie: 1:17am On Dec 27, 2022
kingamaa:

No, be mouth.

Eko oni baje o

Lagos police confront citizens in nigerian state more than others, very undisciplined.
From toll gate shooting to this one.
Re: Public Safety: Lagos State Safety Commission Seals Wonderland Lagos by LaconicINC: 1:53am On Dec 27, 2022
Lorenahertz:
Crazy times we're living in.. if only they had been proactive..

I pray that God touches someone's heart to help you dear, this is just so heartbreaking

That's a scammer, a well known scammer on nairaland or are you part of the scheming?

1 Like

Re: Public Safety: Lagos State Safety Commission Seals Wonderland Lagos by drololaaof: 1:55am On Dec 27, 2022
OLUDERU:
https://twitter.com/Mr_JAGs/status/1607470782208249858?t=BfND7H24GsYmuF_tAgqziw&s=19
The problem here is majorly that of poor expertise of our technicians that call themselves engineer. It is primarily their duty to have all things tested before and after installation
Secondly poor and substandard building materials is also a factor. May the soul of the departed rest in peace.
Re: Public Safety: Lagos State Safety Commission Seals Wonderland Lagos by Serial48(f): 2:10am On Dec 27, 2022
grandstar:
kk

I remember when I was about turning 16 years, my mum fell ill and was flown abroad. My dad had too go with her. I remember returning from boarding house with my parents not around.

An uncle, feeling sorry for me and my younger brother who was 13 at the time took us to see Father Christmas at a television station. As a 16 year old, I thoroughly hated every second of it but did not want to break my uncle's heart. I kept a stoic stance throughout.

I am still fond of my uncle down to this day

So what now happened next?
Re: Public Safety: Lagos State Safety Commission Seals Wonderland Lagos by amstamon: 2:18am On Dec 27, 2022
Lorenahertz:
Crazy times we're living in.. if only they had been proactive..

I pray that God touches someone's heart to help you dear, this is just so heartbreaking
Sha dey play. Na u post, na you still reply. I pray God touches your heart to hepp you dear cos your heart is already heartbroken and it'll remain so
Re: Public Safety: Lagos State Safety Commission Seals Wonderland Lagos by OlawaleBammie: 2:52am On Dec 27, 2022
kingamaa:

No, be mouth.

Eko oni baje o

Our brothers from the other side thinks otherwise bro grin

To them, abia will always outperform Lagos grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Christian Leaders 'hampered Boko Haram Fight'-BBC / South-South Governors Want Corruption Charges Dropped To Stop Pipeline Attacks / Grassroots Mobilisation For Bola Ahmed Tinubu In Mbaitoli Lga,Imo State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.