Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,808 members, 7,817,344 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Obaseki: I And Oshiomhole Are No Longer Friends - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki: I And Oshiomhole Are No Longer Friends (555 Views)

Obaseki: I Will Show No Mercy To Oshiomhole / Obaseki: I Won't Appeal My Disqualification From Edo APC Primary / Okorocha: Amaechi, Oshiomhole Are Trying To Stop My 2023 Presidential Ambition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obaseki: I And Oshiomhole Are No Longer Friends by treasure2: 9:32am On Dec 28, 2022
Obaseki: I and Oshiomhole are no longer friends

Wale Elegbede

Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, has said that he has parted ways with his predecessor in office, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, stating that the former governor gave a false impression of his personality to him.

Speaking exclusively with THISDAY newspaper on Wednesday, the Edo governor, who is in his sixth year in office, also said he has not had the opportunity to speak with his Rivers State counterpart, Nyesom Wike, since their public spat in March 2022, over the affairs of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Edo State.

This is as he said that the PDP presidential candidate, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar remains the best among the men seeking to Nigeria’s presidency in next year’s election that have the capacity to transform the country.

The Star reports that Oshiomhole and Obaseki, who were once political allies and friends before 2016, became implacable foes after Obaseki assumed office on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

The drift between both men degenerated to the extent that Oshiomhole, as a sitting national chairman of APC, was suspended by his local ward in Edo State, while the governor also got disqualified from the APC governorship primary for his second term bid.

But speaking on his current relationship with his predecessor, Obaseki said he is not at war with Oshiomhole, but he can’t relate with people that have dual characters.

https://www.thestar.ng/obaseki-i-and-oshiomhole-are-no-longer-friends/

Re: Obaseki: I And Oshiomhole Are No Longer Friends by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 28, 2022
Save Nigerians from suffering and death. Vote Labour Party. Tell 10 people a day.

Let's step up the game and suffocate the evil killing Nigerians in APC and PDP. Walk the talk, tell at least 10 people a day especially in rural areas. Show them labour logos and how to vote. Join the movement to save Nigeria. It's for you and me!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obaseki: I And Oshiomhole Are No Longer Friends by NaughtyBrainiac: 9:38am On Dec 28, 2022
We have always known that.

Even your present friends need to beware because you will soon betray them, that's if you have not done that yet grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki: I And Oshiomhole Are No Longer Friends by seunmsg(m): 9:52am On Dec 28, 2022
Edo state people did not elect you to be friends with Oshiomole. They re-elected you to deliver good governance and not whine about your predecessor. You’re already 6 years into your administration and the best you’ve done in the last 2 years is to commission 6km street lights while your mates are commissioning flyovers, metro rail, and other giant infrastructural projects.

Adams Oshiomole has done his part and history will judge him whether good or bad. You have two more years to turn around your abysmal performance so that history can be kind to you.

6 Likes

Re: Obaseki: I And Oshiomhole Are No Longer Friends by FirstSon01: 9:59am On Dec 28, 2022
seunmsg:
Edo state people did not elect you to be friends with Oshiomole. They re-elected you to deliver good governance and not whine about your predecessor. You’re already 6 years into your administration and the best you’ve done in the last 2 years is to commission 6km street lights while your mates are commissioning flyovers, metro rail, and other giant infrastructural projects.

Adams Oshiomole has done his part and history will judge him whether good or bad. You have two more years to turn around your abysmal performance so that history can be kind to you.

Thank you.

All he knows how to do is use divide and rule in Edo PDP. He learnt well from Oshiobaba and Wike

What we need is for him to deliver, most especially where he's failing educationally.

Meanwhile, Atiku for president.
Re: Obaseki: I And Oshiomhole Are No Longer Friends by KingKO22: 10:04am On Dec 28, 2022
This is the type of failure that our Nyamirin Zombipigs glorified and supported and has proved to all that whoever IPOB support must fail

Can't wait for Osun citizen to start cursing Adeleke

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki: I And Oshiomhole Are No Longer Friends by Indispensable85(m): 10:22am On Dec 28, 2022
seunmsg:

Nothing to add!
Re: Obaseki: I And Oshiomhole Are No Longer Friends by Indispensable85(m): 10:24am On Dec 28, 2022
Does Obaseki even have friends? He has practically betrayed everyone that helped him in life. He's the only righteous man on earth. Everybody else is a sinner.

Shameless street light commissioning governor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obaseki: I And Oshiomhole Are No Longer Friends by Nobody: 10:32am On Dec 28, 2022
Oshiomole disguised as a comrade to the masses in other to gain public support to become a governor.
Fake comrade.
Re: Obaseki: I And Oshiomhole Are No Longer Friends by Abujaexpress: 10:35am On Dec 28, 2022
A serial betrayer talking nonsense
Re: Obaseki: I And Oshiomhole Are No Longer Friends by FrancescoFarino(f): 10:40am On Dec 28, 2022
This is super story, a life of strife and sorrow

(1) (Reply)

Is Tinubu Begging G5 Governors For Help After Being Abandoned By Fulani? / JUST-IN: DSS Arrests 2 Terrorists Who Masterminded Kogi Explosion / OSUN Senatorial Candidate, Tadese Escapes Assassination, Casualties Recorded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.