Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,506 members, 7,823,187 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

Soludo Commends All Security Agencies For Roadblocks And FOBs In The State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo Commends All Security Agencies For Roadblocks And FOBs In The State (17310 Views)

Please I beg the Nigerian government to remove all security forces from the East / Police Dismantle Roadblocks, Desert Lagos Roads / President Buhari To Sack All Security Chiefs On The Security Of The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soludo Commends All Security Agencies For Roadblocks And FOBs In The State by SReporters: 2:48pm On Dec 28, 2022
Anambra State Governor, Prof Chukwuma Charles Soludo CFR deeply appreciates all the commitments, professionalism and dedication of all the security agencies particularly, the architecture that have been put in place to secure the homeland; the road blocks, the FOBs (forward operating bases) everywhere.

He stressed that ndi Anambra needs more of them in the coming days, weeks and months because they are very critical in restoring the peace and order that have been enjoyed in the state so far.

The Governor made the remark in an expansive keynote address delivered in his country home at Isuofia, Aguata Local Government Area of Anambra State.

Addressing the media, Governor Soludo said that that this is his nine months in office as Governor of Anambra State and wants to use the opportunity to felicitate with all the Anambra people, the millions at home and the more millions in diaspora celebrating Christmas and New Year.

"Our nine months in office has been a journey to serve ndi Anambra and transform the state into a liveable and prosperous homeland that we promised our people.

"The first key agenda of our five major pockets happens to relate to security, law and order and this is the aspect that I want to specifically talk about, to say to our people, where we were at the time I was sworn into office on the 17th of March 2022 and where we are today, which shows the difference between day and night.

"On the 17th of March 2022, eight local governments were basically under seige, taken over by criminals and hoodlums in various camps set up in these local governments.

"But by the grace of God, those 8 local governments have been totally liberated. Law and order seems to be returning back to Anambra. All the camps have been decimated and some of the deadly criminals have been taken out for good," Soludo stated.

"Few days ago, we had over eighty of these Touts (Agberos) harassing people around Upper Iweka and environs taken into custody and to be prosecuted and probably jailed.

"We are trying to keep our streets safe from Touts and criminals. We will never have a crime free society but as far as I am concerned, I don't know any state in Nigeria that is safer than Anambra.

"I want to commend all the citizens of Anambra and the stakeholders who hearkened to our call that 'If you see something, say something, if you say something, do something'. And to our youths who have taken the destiny of this state into their hands. To our women and men who had contributed in assisting government to get hold of criminals in the state.

"Two weeks ago, one criminal in far away Finland declared five days sit at home but ndi Anambra defied the order! Not a single day was observed.

"Thousands of our people returned back home for Christmas and that is why the streets are all busy.

"I want to commend our special task forces that we set up to ensure free flow of traffic. In recent decades, this is the first time we have the most free flow of traffic in the state," Soludo noted.

"I saw a video of the traffic at Head Bridge and people where marshalling the place 24 hours a day and the other locations at Nnobi, Ekwulobia, Nkpor, Awka, Abagana, 33 Onitsha, etc to ensure that our people move freely.

"I want to commend the security agencies, the Anambra Road Traffic Management Agency, the OCHA Brigade, the Vigilante Services, the Anambra youths who have volunteered to serve our people, to keep our streets safe, restore law and order.

"I want to use this occasion to specially appreciate the law enforcement agencies; the Nigerian Police, the Navy, the DSS, the Civil Defense and of course, our very gallant Anambra Vigilante Services and all the volunteers.

"To all the ndi Anambra who have risen up to the occasion, helping to organize the local vigilantes, providing logistics, donated to the security trust fund and those helping in their own little ways to make sure we have a safer homeland.

"There is still work to be done, there are still challenges and all hands must continue to be on deck," Soludo pointed out.

"I want to commend all the armed forces who put their lives on the line to have our people sleep with their two eyes closed.

"All those who have paid the supreme sacrifice just to keep Anambra safe, several of them died needlessly I must say. May their souls rest in peace.

"These criminals wants the security officers out of the road but fortunately, we thank God that they have remained resolute.

"We will continue to provide all the support that we can to all the security forces as government and as a people of Anambra.

"What they are doing, the sacrifices that they make their commitments and FOBs, we will continue to strengthen them and make them even stronger to keep our people safe and secured.

"In normal circumstances, these road blocks wouldn't have been needed but this is what we brought up on ourselves.

"Our people taking up arms in the bushes, involved in criminality so to speak. Since they have decided to operate in an abnormal way, we now need abnormal solution.

"We are not always the most confident but the most effective in this circumstance and until the insecurity situation comes down to near zero, we will continue to have the road blocks and FOBs in place.

"I want to thank every ndi Anambra who have been involved. Everyone has a role to play in the road ahead.

"The youths must rise and take their destinies into their hands because their future is on the line, the future of their children and grandchildren. It is your future we are keeping awake everyday to secure.

"I want to use this medium again to appeal to those in the bush and forest, the criminals out there, the kidnappers to come out. We are offering them the opportunity to retrain them and help them start a new productive life.

"The course you have taken by being in the bush is one that leads to nowhere. It is not going to take you to anywhere. Criminality cannot pay you in the long term," Soludo concluded.
https://www.solutionreporters.com/2022/12/28/soludo-commends-the-commitments-of-all-security-agencies-in-the-state-says-they-are-very-critical-in-restoring-peace-and-order/

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo Commends All Security Agencies For Roadblocks And FOBs In The State by PureMe01: 2:51pm On Dec 28, 2022
One term governor.

He and Arthur Eze are huge failures and will be relegated to political oblivion. This is the time for NIGERIANs and not the time of elites who use the masses to enrich themselves the more.

90 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Soludo Commends All Security Agencies For Roadblocks And FOBs In The State by baretalk: 2:52pm On Dec 28, 2022
The stupid Ipob deputy was harrassing soldiers working to save them from their ipob cannibal brothers.

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Soludo Commends All Security Agencies For Roadblocks And FOBs In The State by SReporters: 3:07pm On Dec 28, 2022
PureMe01:
One term governor

Soludo will serve two terms and you will only wail about it

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Soludo Commends All Security Agencies For Roadblocks And FOBs In The State by SReporters: 3:09pm On Dec 28, 2022
baretalk:
The stupid Ipob deputy was harrassing soldiers working to save them from their ipob cannibal brothers.

A very wrong move by the Deputy Governor.... Although he was trying to ease flow of traffic but harassing the military men standing under the sun who are there 24/7 to secure the lives of ndi Anambra was a fatal error. I'm glad the Governor has addressed that issue and assured the Security forces that the Government is solidly behind them

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soludo Commends All Security Agencies For Roadblocks And FOBs In The State by baretalk: 3:11pm On Dec 28, 2022
SReporters:

A very wrong move by the Deputy Governor.... Although he was trying to ease flow of traffic but harassing the military men standing under the sun who are there 24/7 to secure the lives of ndi Anambra was a fatal error. I'm glad the Governor has addressed that issue and assured the Security forces that the Government is solidly behind them
Soludo is wise, one of the best from the East. The deputy governor was acting like he was working for the enemy. The dumb deputy governor should know, it's better to be late, than to be kidnapped and cannibalized.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Soludo Commends All Security Agencies For Roadblocks And FOBs In The State by IGoComotYaTeeth: 3:11pm On Dec 28, 2022
Dominique my wife, bring back Lalasticlala we need him

1 Like

Re: Soludo Commends All Security Agencies For Roadblocks And FOBs In The State by triple996(m): 3:11pm On Dec 28, 2022
pls sir deal with UGM pigs and any of their fellow useless piglets.Them plenty 4 nairaland cool
Zaria is even more peaceful Dan east

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo Commends All Security Agencies For Roadblocks And FOBs In The State by stateless: 3:11pm On Dec 28, 2022
He will succeed in the office. He's a good friend of mine

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo Commends All Security Agencies For Roadblocks And FOBs In The State by money121(m): 3:11pm On Dec 28, 2022
Ok
Re: Soludo Commends All Security Agencies For Roadblocks And FOBs In The State by JoeNL22(m): 3:12pm On Dec 28, 2022
Hmmm......soludo, hear the words of Nigerians.
For with Obi, through Sane Nigerians, a new is POssible.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soludo Commends All Security Agencies For Roadblocks And FOBs In The State by daygee12: 3:12pm On Dec 28, 2022
PureMe01:
One term governor

Bitter people from a bitter region

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soludo Commends All Security Agencies For Roadblocks And FOBs In The State by LaSenior: 3:12pm On Dec 28, 2022
; undecided

Soludo will definitely end up being a one term governor

Inasmuch we want security in our land can you tell me one of the importance of road blocks in Nigeria

Roadblocks wey no dey catch criminals

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo Commends All Security Agencies For Roadblocks And FOBs In The State by Wickedfacts: 3:12pm On Dec 28, 2022
Next time the Deputy Governor touches any roadblock, he should be shot in balls.

Useless philandering bastard.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Soludo Commends All Security Agencies For Roadblocks And FOBs In The State by PureMe01: 3:12pm On Dec 28, 2022
SReporters:

Soludo will serve two terms and you will only wail about it
One term governor. You will wail more come next Anambra election.

Meanwhile,Peter Obi is your next president cool

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soludo Commends All Security Agencies For Roadblocks And FOBs In The State by NaijaCover(m): 3:12pm On Dec 28, 2022
IS HERE
Re: Soludo Commends All Security Agencies For Roadblocks And FOBs In The State by Moh247: 3:12pm On Dec 28, 2022
cool

This guy would make a fearless Igbo President

Soludo, Moghalu, Okonjo. If you are not inspired by their speeches and ideology then you are a problem to Nigeria

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soludo Commends All Security Agencies For Roadblocks And FOBs In The State by Wickedfacts: 3:12pm On Dec 28, 2022
PureMe01:
One term governor

He will complete his 2 terms and you will wail to death.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soludo Commends All Security Agencies For Roadblocks And FOBs In The State by Robnectar(m): 3:13pm On Dec 28, 2022
SReporters:

Re: Soludo Commends All Security Agencies For Roadblocks And FOBs In The State by Nobody: 3:13pm On Dec 28, 2022
Soludo the Patriot! He says it just the way it is, not minding whose horse is gored. He's about one of the few that are running away from the maddening crowd of Nsogbu Nsogbu politics, east of the Great River, and you can hug a transformer for all he cares, if you refuse to agree with him. Soludo's second term is assured. He will be elected for a second time when some people will still be mourning the loss of Obi in the 2023 elections.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo Commends All Security Agencies For Roadblocks And FOBs In The State by daygee12: 3:13pm On Dec 28, 2022
M
Re: Soludo Commends All Security Agencies For Roadblocks And FOBs In The State by Holluwhakemmy(f): 3:13pm On Dec 28, 2022
The working governor. Anambra shall be great again

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo Commends All Security Agencies For Roadblocks And FOBs In The State by SReporters: 3:13pm On Dec 28, 2022
baretalk:

Soludo is wise, one of the best from the East. The deputy governor was acting like he was working for the enemy.

The Deputy Governor was actually doing the right thing in the wrong way

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soludo Commends All Security Agencies For Roadblocks And FOBs In The State by Sirseedorf(m): 3:14pm On Dec 28, 2022
Good of you soludo, some pig will start wailing on hearing this commendation now.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo Commends All Security Agencies For Roadblocks And FOBs In The State by PureMe01: 3:14pm On Dec 28, 2022
Wickedfacts:

He will complete his 2 terms and you will wail to death.

Next governor is already warming up his inaugural speech after Solunzuzu's first and only term

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soludo Commends All Security Agencies For Roadblocks And FOBs In The State by Johnrake69: 3:14pm On Dec 28, 2022
Lol... Extortion points. A trailer loaded with goods like Timber for local consumption runs a road expenses of about #500K from Abakaliki to Portharcourt while same trailer conveying same goods from Benue heading to Zamfara spends less than 50K as road expenses. Because the road blocks from Abakaliki to Portharcourt is 10X the number of road blocks from Benue to Zamfara. And the few road blocks in the north don't extort motorists.

Abakaliki to Portharcourt is less than 400KM. While Benue to Zamfara is about 800KM.

Igbos have been living like a conquered people. I have personally been assaulted by a soldier at a checkpoint because I offered him #2000 as against the #4000 he demanded before I can pass with my trailer of goods.

There's no difference between armed robbers and Nigerian security agencies extorting travellers at every checkpoint.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soludo Commends All Security Agencies For Roadblocks And FOBs In The State by SReporters: 3:15pm On Dec 28, 2022
PureMe01:

One term governor. You will wail more come next Anambra election.

Meanwhile,Peter Obi is your next president cool

cheesy No need of talking too much.... We will hear scores after February

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo Commends All Security Agencies For Roadblocks And FOBs In The State by Ndibunna: 3:15pm On Dec 28, 2022
"Two weeks ago, one criminal in far away Finland declared five days sit at home but ndi Anambra defied the order! Not a single day was observed

This is the part I love most. The Abakiliki Finland based criminal is nothing but a demented fugitive. Let him take his madness to his state. senile Idiott.

You will begin to wonder, what is Terrorist Simon Ekpa or Akpa business with Anambra state or is it that he doesn't know where he came from or the place his ancestors settled?

He wants to transfer their known birth and history of aggression and blood shed to peaceful people of Anambra state. Anambra culture forbids bloodshed.

All criminals including Igbos and her supporters deserves painful death.
Re: Soludo Commends All Security Agencies For Roadblocks And FOBs In The State by shortIGBOman: 3:15pm On Dec 28, 2022
Soludo is a true IGBO Man. Unlike Peter Obi who is the leader of IPOB terrorist.

7 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2 Die While Celebrating Jang’s Release / BREAKING: INEC Budget: N/assembly Rejects N189bn, Insists On N143bn / Ohanaeze Youths To PDP: Give VP Slot To Us, Or Lose South East To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.