Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

Traders Decry Activities Of Touts In Anambra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Traders Decry Activities Of Touts In Anambra (9136 Views)

Anambra Traders Decry Monumental Economic Losses During Monday Sit-at-home / The Female Bishop At Shettima unveiling Spotted With Touts In Edo State ( Photo) / Touts In Ojo Alaba Attacks Alaba Market Traders Collecting PVC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traders Decry Activities Of Touts In Anambra by EcoBrick: 7:14am On Dec 29, 2022

A group of traders in Anambra has expressed concern over the activities of illegal revenue collectors in different parts of Onitsha, the commercial hub of Anambra.

The group, operating under the aegis of the Concerned Anambra Traders’ Association, made the remark at a news briefing in Onitsha on Wednesday.

The group’s Chairman, Mr Gabriel Okeke, described the extortion of Onitsha traders allegedly by touts as condemnable and unacceptable.

Okeke regretted that holidaymakers and travellers passing through Onitsha and its environs were being subjected to harassment, assault and extortion on a daily basis by touts on the road.

“The touts, who have returned to the state after their sack by Gov. Charles Soludo, openly stationed themselves at some strategic areas of Onitsha.

Okeke listed the areas to include the Upper Iweka axis, Bida Road, Nkpor Junction, St. Anthony Church on the Old Road and Owerri Road.

Others are Iweka (down flyover), Ugwu Nwasike Junction, Building Material Market, Bridgehead, amongst others.

He said that the touts were operating with audacity without the fear of arrest by security agencies.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/12/group-decries-activities-of-touts-in-anambra/

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Traders Decry Activities Of Touts In Anambra by Abdul05: 7:16am On Dec 29, 2022
grin cheesy zombidient tu dey lie

But our brothers from the deserted region made it look as if agberos didn't exist in south east....

So how come so many agberos in Anambra state? cheesy grin

125 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Traders Decry Activities Of Touts In Anambra by Digriz(m): 7:44am On Dec 29, 2022
That's the effect of having a criminal as a governor. The eediot is trying every possible best to get as much money to pay back his criminal god father (Arthur Eze) 30% of Anambra state IGR which he signed and took an oath for.
Anambra state will be worst than even when former governor Mbadinuju was in power. You people should expect worser situation than these in coming months and years to come.
I pity Anambrarians because the state will rank the worst in Nigeria in coming months.

26 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Traders Decry Activities Of Touts In Anambra by Okoroawusa: 7:48am On Dec 29, 2022
That one concern una. I am not going to Onitsha anytime soon

, anurum na ife n'eme na Upper Iweka kita.....

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Traders Decry Activities Of Touts In Anambra by Kingzeez10: 8:18am On Dec 29, 2022
I thought owo mi da boys and agbero no dey Anambra. Okay okay, lets blame Tinubu and APC for this too.

109 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Traders Decry Activities Of Touts In Anambra by Is04970: 8:19am On Dec 29, 2022
Blame Tinubu in 5.. 4.. 3.. 2.. 1... Start....

67 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Traders Decry Activities Of Touts In Anambra by frenzy48: 8:19am On Dec 29, 2022
soludo the confused man,,planting agberos everywhere is his own means of revenue generation.how did this man become cbn governor sef?

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Traders Decry Activities Of Touts In Anambra by Johnrake69: 8:19am On Dec 29, 2022
Soludo will be lucky to win a second term with the way he is managing Anambra state with multiple taxation using touts

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Traders Decry Activities Of Touts In Anambra by GeneralPula: 8:19am On Dec 29, 2022
A group of traders in Anambra has expressed concern over the activities of illegal revenue collectors in different parts of Onitsha, the commercial hub of Anambra.

Look at what Mc don cause, see as Mc oluomo Dey chop life of Igbos anyhow..

No wonder they hate him..

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Traders Decry Activities Of Touts In Anambra by Is04970: 8:20am On Dec 29, 2022
Digriz:
That's the effect of having a criminal as a governor. The eediot is trying every possible best to get as much money to pay back his criminal god father (Arthur Eze) 30% of Anambra state IGR which he signed and took an oath for.
Anambra state will be worst than even when former governor Mbadinuju was in power. You people should expect worser situation than these in coming months and years to come.
I pity Anambrarians because the state will rank the worst in Nigeria in coming months.
Na talk be this?

7 Likes

Re: Traders Decry Activities Of Touts In Anambra by GeneralPula: 8:21am On Dec 29, 2022
Digriz:
Hypocrite. Shifting the blame of thugs on government..

Don’t worry. Anambra people placed curse on Peter Obi after failing woefully..

They’ll handle soludo matter too..

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Traders Decry Activities Of Touts In Anambra by Brendaniel: 8:21am On Dec 29, 2022
When Soludo should be focusing on governance, he is busy chasing Peter Obi about...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traders Decry Activities Of Touts In Anambra by lagonovo: 8:21am On Dec 29, 2022
grin
Re: Traders Decry Activities Of Touts In Anambra by IGoComotYaTeeth: 8:21am On Dec 29, 2022
Lagos Touts and Agberos are worse than Anambra's Agberos

Have you ever heard of a celebrity being kidnapped? Only Lagos has broken that record if you think I'm lying ask Banky W

And what's the difference between One Million Boys and Ipob? Somebody should tell me.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traders Decry Activities Of Touts In Anambra by EverGrand: 8:22am On Dec 29, 2022
What rubbish falacy is this?
Touts can be found only in Lagos. Sorry, Tilubu's Lagos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Traders Decry Activities Of Touts In Anambra by opalu: 8:22am On Dec 29, 2022
I have a strong reason that Soludo will be worst Governor that Nigeria has ever produced. Worse than Mbadinuju and Chimaroke. Worse than Yahaha Bello
Re: Traders Decry Activities Of Touts In Anambra by fasho01(m): 8:23am On Dec 29, 2022
I thought illegal revenue collection and touts were tinubu's creation and only existed in lagos grin

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Traders Decry Activities Of Touts In Anambra by amSTARboy: 8:23am On Dec 29, 2022
Digriz:

Beer parlour talk….

You bin dey there when I’m take the oath

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Traders Decry Activities Of Touts In Anambra by frankson1(m): 8:23am On Dec 29, 2022
So Jagaban is also collecting rent from far away Anambra undecided undecided

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Traders Decry Activities Of Touts In Anambra by Tannhauser(m): 8:25am On Dec 29, 2022
angry
Soludo should "settle" his boys nah.

1 Like

Re: Traders Decry Activities Of Touts In Anambra by dele1727: 8:25am On Dec 29, 2022
grin grin grin

See what Tinubu has taken to Anambra....

Mc oluomo incoming Governor of Anambra state

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Traders Decry Activities Of Touts In Anambra by yesloaded: 8:25am On Dec 29, 2022
Pathetic
Re: Traders Decry Activities Of Touts In Anambra by Gboom: 8:31am On Dec 29, 2022
Those people accusing the government here are so daft instead of calling on the government to curtail the activities of the illegal tax collectors

2 Likes

Re: Traders Decry Activities Of Touts In Anambra by matm: 8:32am On Dec 29, 2022
Getting rid of touts in Anambra can only be done by the governor.All required is a matching order to the police and the army, as well as mobile court that tries and sentences them instantly under economic sabotage law and they will relocate to another state.

4 Likes

Re: Traders Decry Activities Of Touts In Anambra by Peppysco: 8:34am On Dec 29, 2022
Digriz:

Hmmm, all these jargons because Soludo didn't endorse Mr. Pandora, omo, your case different ooo.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Traders Decry Activities Of Touts In Anambra by tolue42(m): 8:34am On Dec 29, 2022
Digriz:

Why don't you tell us all this before??

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Traders Decry Activities Of Touts In Anambra by tolue42(m): 8:37am On Dec 29, 2022
Kingzeez10:
I thought owo mi da boys and agbero no dey Anambra. Okay okay, lets blame Tinubu and APC for this too.

Ahhh, this man finally laughed!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Traders Decry Activities Of Touts In Anambra by Whobedatte(m): 8:37am On Dec 29, 2022
Soludo should not fall my hand oo.. have high hopes for him to deliver as a professor of economics and erudite scholar
Chai shocked

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Traders Decry Activities Of Touts In Anambra by ronalmagic10(m): 8:40am On Dec 29, 2022
Chai.... Just watch how they will avoid this thread

If something similar is reported about Lagos they will insult the governor, insult Tinubu and will not fail to also insult buhari

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Traders Decry Activities Of Touts In Anambra by ronalmagic10(m): 8:41am On Dec 29, 2022
IGoComotYaTeeth:
Lagos Touts and Agberos are worse than Anambra

Have you ever heard of a celebrity being kidnapped? Only Lagos has broken that record if you think I'm lying ask Banky W

And what's the difference between One Million Boys and Ipob? Somebody should tell me.

A state house of assembly member in Anambra state was beheaded and his head was used to play football

At least one million boys do not kill their own people indiscriminately. They do not worship their leader shouting holy holy. They do not receive funding from overseas to buy Fendi while scamming people. They don't incite the people against the government.

You dare compare the insecurity in that hell hole with Lagos? Go and find out why many of your people failed to travel home for the holidays

Whether one million boys, ipob, bandits. You all will pay for your crimes one day

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Traders Decry Activities Of Touts In Anambra by Jsucre(m): 8:43am On Dec 29, 2022
Abdul05:
grin cheesy zombidient tu dey lie

But our brothers from the deserted region made it look as if agberos didn't exist in south east....

So how come so many agberos in Anambra state? cheesy grin
there's no agbero in Anambra, But IPOB the senior agbero.

2 Likes

Re: Traders Decry Activities Of Touts In Anambra by tunwumi: 8:44am On Dec 29, 2022
They are Tinubu boys

They are from Lagos state

grin grin grin grin

They are Yorubas....LOL

15 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ortom: Nigeria Not Well, Don’t Deceive Yourself / Buhari Urges Peace, Stability In Ethiopia As Abiy Ahmed Begins Second Term / 2023: PDP Governors, Chairman, Meet In Rivers Government House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.