Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,846 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

Between The United Kingdom, The USA, Canada And Europe Which Is Better? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Between The United Kingdom, The USA, Canada And Europe Which Is Better? (7315 Views)

Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos / How Petrol Tankers Move In Canada And Abidjan / Wreckage Of A Plane That Crashed In Canada And Everyone Survived (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between The United Kingdom, The USA, Canada And Europe Which Is Better? by pansophist(m): 6:21pm On Jan 14, 2023
Majorly21:

You came here to curse without making any points.. you're a du#my.

And he didn't even mentioned the expensive real estate market in Canada. Getting a shitty house for more than $1m without pool and the house will look outdated AF. You can't even compare Canada to Australia. You Nigerians don't do research.

You have time o. See as you write epistle for a simp. At best, it should be a on-liner or no response at all. He came to insult instead of make sense. You ignore him.

9 Likes

Re: Between The United Kingdom, The USA, Canada And Europe Which Is Better? by Tradinggiant: 6:26pm On Jan 14, 2023
Who day compare Australia to Canada ??

Na ment ?grin
Re: Between The United Kingdom, The USA, Canada And Europe Which Is Better? by pansophist(m): 7:04pm On Jan 14, 2023
Majorly21:

One more important factor is the time difference.. if you're a financial analysts and trade in the stock or money market (forex) you'll appreciate Europe more.. you can't be awake 2am-6am trading London session or wake by 7AM and start trading new York session.. and depending on where you live in Canada time will be different from new York..

As a Nigerian that watch football and nature and love travelling, Europe is more better than Canada or the United states because Europe give you plenty options to live within the European countries Visa free for unlimited period. If it's too cold in one country, you can easily hopped on a train and move to a warmer country. I feel Europe is more safe

Yes, you get it. Lots of Nigerians migrate to a place where they speak the language, so it restrict them to few places like North America and the UK.

But if they can learn any European language, they will see that life is better than in North America. With ryanair, wizzair, easyjet, travel in Europe is so cheap and so damn easy.

Imagine going to Africa and back for less than 20,000 naira. Or crossing to Netherlands by foot to buy fuel because it's cheaper, then back to Germany. Europe offer options and true rich experience.

16 Likes

Re: Between The United Kingdom, The USA, Canada And Europe Which Is Better? by Regex: 7:12pm On Jan 14, 2023
pansophist:

Yes, you get it. Lots of Nigerians migrate to a place where they speak the language, so it restrict them to few places like North America and the UK.

But if they can learn any European language, they will see that life is better than in North America. With ryanair, wizzair, easyjet, travel in Europe is so cheap and so damn easy.

Imagine going to Africa and back for less than 20,000 naira. Or crossing to Netherlands by foot to buy fuel because it's cheaper, then back to Germany. Europe offer options and true rich experience.

Ryanair give me return ticket, plus insurance for £122. Flight of 3hrs, baba I checked flights within Nigeria and £122 can not cover return.

3 Likes

Re: Between The United Kingdom, The USA, Canada And Europe Which Is Better? by pansophist(m): 7:18pm On Jan 14, 2023
Regex:

Ryanair give me return ticket, plus insurance for £122. Flight of 3hrs, baba I checked flights within Nigeria and £122 can not cover return.

It's expensive na. I fly to Morocco from Belgium for 30 euros return ticket. Or to UK return ticket for 15 euros.

And why buy insurance? You just go waste your money, nothing go happen. Na for America you need buy insurance.

I understand if person de naija, Canada seems like a good bet. They give permanent residency straight from naija, they speak English, and it's better than Nigeria.

But for Europeans, Canada na bad deal for us. At best, na to go for holiday and enjoy Victoria Falls. But to leave Europe go live there? Hell no.

7 Likes

Re: Between The United Kingdom, The USA, Canada And Europe Which Is Better? by Regex: 7:27pm On Jan 14, 2023
pansophist:

It's expensive na. I fly to Morocco from Belgium for 30 euros return ticket. Or to UK return ticket for 15 euros.

And why buy insurance? You just go waste your money, nothing go happen. Na for America you need buy insurance.

I understand if person de naija, Canada seems like a good bet. They give permanent residency straight from naija, they speak English, and it's better than Nigeria.

But for Europeans, Canada na bad deal for us. At best, na to go for holiday and enjoy Victoria Falls. But to leave Europe go live there? Hell no.

Wait, so I waste money like this? Na flight to Montenegro oh, I booked it 4 months ahead, in November.

1 Like

Re: Between The United Kingdom, The USA, Canada And Europe Which Is Better? by pansophist(m): 7:33pm On Jan 14, 2023
Regex:

Wait, so I waste money like this? Na flight to Montenegro oh, I booked it 4 months ahead, in November.

Chai, I just search for a return ticket from London to Podgorica (Montenegro), and it's 29.98 pounds.

You sef. You carry over 100 pounds go dash Ryanair wey be billionaire, but if I beg you 20 pounds, you go begin tell me story. You ehn?

4 Likes

Re: Between The United Kingdom, The USA, Canada And Europe Which Is Better? by Tradinggiant: 7:58pm On Jan 14, 2023
Majorly21:

One more important factor is the time difference.. if you're a financial analysts and trade in the stock or money market (forex) you'll appreciate Europe more.. you can't be awake 2am-6am trading London session or wake by 7AM and start trading new York session.. and depending on where you live in Canada time will be different from new York..

As a Nigerian that watch football and nature and love travelling, Europe is more better than Canada or the United states because Europe give you plenty options to live within the European countries Visa free for unlimited period. If it's too cold in one country, you can easily hopped on a train and move to a warmer country. I feel Europe is more safe
as a forex trader in Europe you will be paying income tax compared to USA

2 Likes

Re: Between The United Kingdom, The USA, Canada And Europe Which Is Better? by Mummyimbecile(m): 8:13pm On Jan 14, 2023
gaby:
United States of America is, and will always remain their father.

God's own country where you can be whatever you dream so long as you are willing to put in the work, legally.

God bless America...
ya bro, May God in his infinite Mercies continue to bless the United States of America and the Federal Republic of Nigeria .

3 Likes

Re: Between The United Kingdom, The USA, Canada And Europe Which Is Better? by Regex: 8:18pm On Jan 14, 2023
pansophist:

Chai, I just search for a return ticket from London to Podgorica (Montenegro), and it's 29.98 pounds.

You sef. You carry over 100 pounds go dash Ryanair wey be billionaire, but if I beg you 20 pounds, you go begin tell me story. You ehn?

Baba I booked this 4 months ago. Boss, how do I get deal like this?
Re: Between The United Kingdom, The USA, Canada And Europe Which Is Better? by Regex: 8:18pm On Jan 14, 2023
pansophist:

Em, you sabi how I go take book cheap hotels for Podgorica?
Re: Between The United Kingdom, The USA, Canada And Europe Which Is Better? by pansophist(m): 8:27pm On Jan 14, 2023
Regex:

Em, you sabi how I go take book cheap hotels for Podgorica?

Use bookings doot comm
Re: Between The United Kingdom, The USA, Canada And Europe Which Is Better? by pansophist(m): 8:28pm On Jan 14, 2023
Regex:

Baba I booked this 4 months ago. Boss, how do I get deal like this?

Use skyscanner

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Between The United Kingdom, The USA, Canada And Europe Which Is Better? by Regex: 8:54pm On Jan 14, 2023
pansophist:

I remember why it was expensive, I paid for a 10kg luggage, as I will be there for a week.
Re: Between The United Kingdom, The USA, Canada And Europe Which Is Better? by Regex: 8:55pm On Jan 14, 2023
pansophist:

Use skyscanner

Alright. Thanks
Re: Between The United Kingdom, The USA, Canada And Europe Which Is Better? by Majorly21: 9:34pm On Jan 14, 2023
Tradinggiant:
as a forex trader in Europe you will be paying income tax compared to USA

You won't be paying taxes, Ireland and other European countries see it as betting but in the USA it's a must you pay tax especially when you are hedging and you're even forbidden by law not to trade certain pairs for long against DXY (dollar) and you can't trade nas100, us30 and sp500 as CFD in the USA unless you are trading them as futures, Es mini etc. Most USA traders that trade stock options have move to Dubai, and other developing countries because of the tax in the USA..

Even the tax money USA go USA am fight war without thinking of elevating the masses and introduce free healthcare.. even if you get tax in Europe, just know say na your money government take de pay health workers, so people that are sick of cancer and other diseases are benefitting from the tax, na the money government de share among the poor and African immigrants. At least the tax is for a favourable cost. Not going to war and killing people.

4 Likes

Re: Between The United Kingdom, The USA, Canada And Europe Which Is Better? by emmaodet: 5:00am On Jan 15, 2023
pansophist:

How do you people get ridiculous flight prices like this
Here in africa, it will cost you 500k to go to luanda to and fro for just 2 and half hours flight.
Lagos to cotonou sef na about 200k.
How come africa that owns and export crude that is extracted for jet fuel is having expensive flight more than the importer.
It is just like saying buying garri is far expensive than UK who buy it in africa, transport it in Uk and sell back to us.
I mean, why will garri be more expensive in lagos than UK? It is crazy
Re: Between The United Kingdom, The USA, Canada And Europe Which Is Better? by ferhyntorlah(f): 8:26am On Jan 15, 2023
pansophist:
Europe is better. I wanted to move to Canada before, after visiting Toronto and Vancouver, I realized it's not for me. My quality of life will reduce big time.

What made you change your mind if you don't mind sharing? Thanks

Edit: read your responses in subsequent posts. Thanks.
Re: Between The United Kingdom, The USA, Canada And Europe Which Is Better? by Sweetvie: 8:52am On Jan 15, 2023
Tradinggiant:

Na ment ?grin
Aswear grin
Re: Between The United Kingdom, The USA, Canada And Europe Which Is Better? by kenevision(m): 8:55am On Jan 15, 2023
Tradinggiant:

Na ment ?grin

I would really be interested in learning the pros and cons of living in each of the above countries and their various comparisons
Re: Between The United Kingdom, The USA, Canada And Europe Which Is Better? by ferhyntorlah(f): 8:55am On Jan 15, 2023
Regex:

I remember why it was expensive, I paid for a 10kg luggage, as I will be there for a week.

Would you mind sharing your one week experience in Podgorica? I look forward to reading your narration. Thanks
Re: Between The United Kingdom, The USA, Canada And Europe Which Is Better? by Regex: 9:05am On Jan 15, 2023
ferhyntorlah:

Would you mind sharing your one week experience in Podgorica? I look forward to reading your narration. Thanks

I will create a thread on it. However it would be good if you follow me on here in case I forget to mention you.
Re: Between The United Kingdom, The USA, Canada And Europe Which Is Better? by ferhyntorlah(f): 9:07am On Jan 15, 2023
Regex:

I will create a thread on it. However it would be good if you follow me on here in case I forget to mention you.

No wahala.
Re: Between The United Kingdom, The USA, Canada And Europe Which Is Better? by pansophist(m): 9:54am On Jan 15, 2023
ferhyntorlah:

What made you change your mind if you don't mind sharing? Thanks

Edit: read your responses in subsequent posts. Thanks.

I wrote about it in details on the first page. You must have seen it.
Re: Between The United Kingdom, The USA, Canada And Europe Which Is Better? by pansophist(m): 10:03am On Jan 15, 2023
emmaodet:

Here in africa, it will cost you 500k to go to luanda to and fro for just 2 and half hours flight.
How come africa that owns and export crude that is extracted for jet fuel is having expensive flight more than the importer.
It is just like saying buying garri is far expensive than UK who buy it in africa, transport it in Uk and sell back to us.

That price is not the exception, it's the norm. Flying in Europe is cheaper than trains. For example, i always buy one way flight to London from Brussels for about 10 euros.

Like I said earlier, Europe is insanely well-built. Only China And Japan I can compare with Europe in terms of integrated planning.

Now you see why North America, especially Canada is a bad deal? grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between The United Kingdom, The USA, Canada And Europe Which Is Better? by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:41am On Jan 15, 2023
pansophist:

I wrote about it in details on the first page. You must have seen it.

Yeah, I already read your replies.
Thanks
Re: Between The United Kingdom, The USA, Canada And Europe Which Is Better? by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:42am On Jan 15, 2023
pansophist:

That price is not the exception, it's the norm. Flying in Europe is cheaper than trains. For example, i always buy one way flight to London from Brussels for about 10 euros.

Like I said earlier, Europe is insanely well-built. Only China And Japan I can compare with Europe in terms of integrated planning.

Now you see why North America, especially Canada is a bad deal? grin

You and someone I know share the same line of thought. He even said UK has better technology than the US but I didn't believe initially but now I do but UK no dey loud their own.

1 Like

Re: Between The United Kingdom, The USA, Canada And Europe Which Is Better? by seguno2: 12:52pm On Jan 15, 2023
emmaodet:

Are we all educated in Africa to produce the things we need, or sell what we produce for more money than what we can’t produce and therefore have to buy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between The United Kingdom, The USA, Canada And Europe Which Is Better? by Regex: 2:29pm On Jan 15, 2023
ferhyntorlah:

You and someone I know share the same line of thought. He even said UK has better technology than the US but I didn't believe initially but now I do but UK no dey loud their own.

Nope. Na yeye America. Trying to oppress China weh no send them.
Re: Between The United Kingdom, The USA, Canada And Europe Which Is Better? by Gerrard59(m): 2:48pm On Jan 15, 2023
emmaodet:

Lagos to cotonou sef na about 200k

Economics of scale. There is demand that ensures prices stay low. How many Nigerians fly to Luanda from Lagos compared to London from Berlin? So, how does an airline company recoup its investments when the volume is low? It is by increasing the price. Also, there are many operating airlines plying that route compared to Lagos-Luanda. Additionally, the EU has a single market's regulations for air travel. Is it the same for African countries where they will charge airlines plying LOS-LUA the same amount as LHR-LOS?

The first step in solving it is to ensure Africans can afford to fly. The same happened in South East Asia. Prices are lower compared to 20 years ago. But then, South East Asians are way more prosperous than sub-Saharan Africans. Poor people have nothing to do with air-travel.

3 Likes

Re: Between The United Kingdom, The USA, Canada And Europe Which Is Better? by emmaodet: 3:47pm On Jan 15, 2023
Gerrard59:

Economics of scale. There is demand that ensures prices stay low. How many Nigerians fly to Luanda from Lagos compared to London from Berlin? So, how does an airline company recoup its investments when the volume is low? It is by increasing the price. Also, there are many operating airlines plying that route compared to Lagos-Luanda. Additionally, the EU has a single market's regulations for air travel. Is it the same for African countries where they will charge airlines plying LOS-LUA the same amount as LHR-LOS?

The first step in solving it is to ensure Africans can afford to fly. The same happened in South East Asia. Prices are lower compared to 20 years ago. But then, South East Asians are way more prosperous than sub-Saharan Africans. Poor people have nothing to do with air-travel.

But if prices are low, people will start using air no matter how poor they are.

I still remember years ago when aero do fly from Ph to Lag or Lag to Abuja for as low as 5k, 7k. People started using them.
Some that were using road before started using air.
Even if the price rises to 15/20k, people will gladly use it.
Not the type that lag to Ph is now 50/70k one way.
The tariffs african govt places on this tickets are way too high and there is nothing to even show for such high tarrif.
No good toilets in airport, airport not first class looking etc. so what are they using all these money for? Embezzling
A Nigerian I met at the Lag airport last week that we entered taag airline together was just complaining how he booked South Africa for almost 500k one way and vowed never to come home for the next 2 years because he has lost a lot coming home this year.
That trip shouldn’t be more than 50k one way on a good day.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Appeal For Visa Refusal In Germany Embassy / Sweden Student Visa Denied Once. Can I Apply Again? / 100,000 Nigerians Applied For Us Visas In 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.