Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,783 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV (22948 Views)

Chelsea Officially Sign Striker David Datro Fofana From Molde / Liverpool officially reach an agreement with PSV to sign Cody Gakpo / Chelsea Sign Forward Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang From Barcelona (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by Naijalarry: 12:02pm On Dec 29, 2022
Earlier thread: https://www.nairaland.com/7497814/liverpool-officially-reach-agreement-psv

Liverpool officially announced they have signed forward Cody Gakpo from PSV Eindhoven with the player completing medical at AXA Training Centre.

Inform Nigeria previously reported that Liverpool and PSV reached an agreement on Boxing Day to sign the Manchester United target.

The Netherlands international will officially become a Reds player on January 1, 2023, subject to a work permit and will wear the No. 18 jersey at Liverpool.

“I feel really good, I’m really excited to be here,” Gakpo told Liverpool official club website.

“I’m looking forward to start training and start playing for this amazing club.

“I think this is a great club for me to come in and try to show what I can [do] and try to help the team to achieve more beautiful moments that they already did in the past years.

“I think for me personally it’s also good to develop here and there’s a lot of great players here [who] I can learn a lot of things from.

Jurgen Klopp added that Gakpo will have an extremely bright future at Liverpool.

He said: “There is a lot to like about Cody. He is still only 23 years old but he already has a lot of experience.

“He was the captain of PSV, he was the Player of the Year in Holland last season and, as a lot of people have just seen, he also had a great World Cup with his national team.

“So, it is clear that he is already a really, really good player but his age also means he also has the potential to become even better.

“Offensively, he is very versatile and on top of this we know he is a smart footballer and also a smart person, so we are really excited to be able to work with him.”

The 23-year-old attacker was born and raised in Eindhoven. He is a product of PSV’s youth system, progressing through the ranks before making his senior debut in February 2018.

Gakpo is a right-footed winger who is usually deployed on the left flank of a front three for PSV but played in the centre-forward role for the Netherlands at the World Cup under manager Louis van Gaal.

As a winger at PSV, he cuts inside on his right foot and moves to a more central attacking position. He then uses his dribbling skills and speed to take on defenders until he finds space to try out for a goal.

Gakpo is very strong, using his strength to hold off defenders who always come in contact with him during matches.

He also has great technique and ball control.

He has scored nine goals with 12 assists in the Dutch league this season for PSV.

In total, Gakpo has scored 55 goals and provided 50 assists in 159 appearances for PSV.

Source- https://inform.ng/sports/cody-gakpo-liverpool-transfer/

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by Stillhere: 1:48pm On Dec 29, 2022
I see.
Hopefully My Arsenal signs Mykhaylo mudryk before the end of next week. The noise about his signing don too much already.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by tydi(m): 1:48pm On Dec 29, 2022
cheesy
Them wiket grin them no see Cr7 were be free agent sign

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by Enemyofpeace: 1:49pm On Dec 29, 2022
Failure fully loaded

Yahoo boys don make us dey fear Oyibo friend request, we no even knw who be who. Imagine Jackie Chan dey beg for MTN card��

138 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by Almiron: 1:49pm On Dec 29, 2022
Good signing that boy sabi wella.

13 Likes

Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by tonididdy(m): 1:49pm On Dec 29, 2022
Better signing

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by FREEMADNESS: 1:49pm On Dec 29, 2022
Fine player, very creative with the ball and very fit physically. I wonder why Manchester United took Antony's deal as priority instead of Gakpo.

Tho any Brazilian born footballer is naturally gifted, that's d only reason I feel Antony can still step up.

Presently Gakpo is a better player then Antony but let's see how he adapts into english premier league b4 concluding.

Very Good Buy �

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by wonder233: 1:49pm On Dec 29, 2022
The boy is good.
Imagine if they had retained Mane. By now, they would have had Mane, Salah and Gakpo.
Every good team needs a formidable front 3 to conquer. Just like the MSN days of Barca.
Liverpool really messed up in letting Mane go. Dude was their best player for many seasons consistently, yet they kept citing technicalities for refusing to pay him.
I was in a similar situation some years back in a place I worked. I left just like Mane did and got better offers

44 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by ibrocool(m): 1:49pm On Dec 29, 2022
He played brilliantly for Portugal in the world cup. Hope to see more from him in Liverpool. Great signing.

Modified.

He is a Netherland player. My bad

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by Felabrity: 1:49pm On Dec 29, 2022
Great player
Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by Jeremy123(m): 1:50pm On Dec 29, 2022
This one pain me sha for Manchester United

4 Likes

Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by trilacos: 1:50pm On Dec 29, 2022
Welcome to Liverpool Cody!!!!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by MaverickA3: 1:51pm On Dec 29, 2022
I feel sad for my dear Man United. Too sluggish in the transfer window. angry

13 Likes

Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by unclejb2(m): 1:51pm On Dec 29, 2022
Nigerians just reached a personal agreement in principle with Peter Obi to sign him as the next president. He would be concluding his medicals in February and would be unveiled by May 29 2023 during the hand over ceremony in Eagle square Abuja.

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by OBTOREPA(m): 1:51pm On Dec 29, 2022
Fantastic signing I must say.

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by Miyah1: 1:52pm On Dec 29, 2022
I'm so happy for him for not joining career killer club called man-united, he will certainly do well under Jürgen Klopp

6 Likes

Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by JoeNL22(m): 1:52pm On Dec 29, 2022
When will they sign me to be their ******, like have been doing for Obi?
Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by Konjiboii: 1:53pm On Dec 29, 2022
Dude is being compared to Thierry Henry, he is good though but nothing as Henry ,seems this new crop of players are injected with super human serum.they get better each year.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by Fedrick100: 1:53pm On Dec 29, 2022
United fans are in pains rn

But he will be a sub at Liverpool,we all know he won’t start ahead Daiz
Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by obembet(f): 1:54pm On Dec 29, 2022
Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by Business2023: 1:54pm On Dec 29, 2022
I need 1million naira to support my crumbling business, whether Inform of loan or assistance.
I have the Faith and i believe that God can touch just one person heart here on nairaland to assist me in life.
The is my email address:
businessdealer2005@gmail.com

3 Likes

Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by saysugar(m): 1:54pm On Dec 29, 2022
Is that correct midfielder Mumu people
Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by Sonnobax15(m): 1:55pm On Dec 29, 2022
cheesy
This past world cup really paved way for alot of players... liverpool don kolobi this one take.

What's the essence of signing all these low budget players after letting go of a high quality player like Mane? shocked.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by SMARTMOTORS(m): 1:56pm On Dec 29, 2022
Which officially confirmed Nunez as a big flop!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by sofeo(m): 1:56pm On Dec 29, 2022
Alright!
Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 1:56pm On Dec 29, 2022
Mumu club

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by Lanre4uonly(m): 1:56pm On Dec 29, 2022
You're welcome to the Liverpool family, Gakpo.
Wishing you many successful years ahead filled with trophies while at Liverpool.
YNWA

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kenyan, Emmanuel Naibei Wins Lagos City Marathon 2021 (Photos) / Enugu Governor Celebrating During The Aiteo Cup Finals / Chelsea Fan Tattoos Mikel Obi's Name On His Butt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.