Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,225 members, 7,829,375 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

Re: Japa Propaganda And Mindset Of Nigerians Youths - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Re: Japa Propaganda And Mindset Of Nigerians Youths (447 Views)

Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths / Re: Japa Its Not Easy Anywhere. / The Number Of Nigerians Living In Ghana, 166 Countries Nationals Living In Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa Propaganda And Mindset Of Nigerians Youths by onlyhope: 6:16pm On Dec 29, 2022
This is more or less an indirect response to the first thread, here:

https://www.nairaland.com/7500932/japa-propaganda-mindset-nigerian-youths

I have been reading online, and also following the stories on the media, newspapers, and online platforms about traveling out of the country, a phenomenon widely addressed as "Japa".

Like I opined, this is not a direct response to the first thread, because I am not trying to spring up an argument about traveling abroad from Nigeria.

However, this thread is to put it to you anti-japa croners that you should mention any ten viable businesses that a young graduate can start with 1-3 million naira in the Nigeria of today, and also propose how to raise the capital for such businesses.

Now, why am I writing this? There are so many things to say about our dear country, but let's talk about this....

Did you know that there has been embargo on employment in Nigeria since 2020?

I used to wonder why people complain that youngsters are traveling out of a country that has placed embargo on employment (federal/state) for the past 3 years.

If records or statistics are anything to go by, this means about 1.8 million graduates in three years without provision from the government about employment.

Like I opined, there are many things to convince us as Nigerians that the government and the people needs to do better. But, if you cannot propose a solution to the problems on ground, leave the youngsters trying to find a solution for themselves.

Let everyone find a solution for their personal lives. That is how Nigeria has been running.

Hardships only breed criminal minded people.

Re: Re: Japa Propaganda And Mindset Of Nigerians Youths by ednut1(m): 7:20pm On Dec 29, 2022
See old posts by same person who created the thread

https://www.nairaland.com/4976391/nigeria-dead-nation-minimum-wage

Re: Re: Japa Propaganda And Mindset Of Nigerians Youths by shegzhkn: 7:27pm On Dec 29, 2022
I thinks those folks are fighting for their interest or some ill- informed blind optimist that thinks Nigeria will be Great someday.

Re: Re: Japa Propaganda And Mindset Of Nigerians Youths by Jokerman(m): 7:30pm On Dec 29, 2022
Many government agents have infiltrated Nairaland with myths of Nigerian opportunity grin
Re: Re: Japa Propaganda And Mindset Of Nigerians Youths by onlyhope: 10:27am On Dec 30, 2022
ednut1:
See old posts by same person who created the thread

https://www.nairaland.com/4976391/nigeria-dead-nation-minimum-wage

There are many things to say about this country. I was reading it on the frontpage that a religious leader was admonishing his people to vote a leader that will support bandits' operations...

Just take a look at this report from Ondo state, which is attached to this post.

Now imagine someone experiencing this, and a religious leader is still admonishing his people to vote leaders that will ensure that the operations of his bandit brothers are unhindered?

With this, how does the future of this country look? Yet, someone is saying people trying to find a means of sustenance should not leave this country.

1 Like

Re: Re: Japa Propaganda And Mindset Of Nigerians Youths by Rubyjade: 7:54am On Jan 03, 2023
Food business

(1) (Reply)

Train Ride To Ibadan / Trailer Crushed An Okada Rider To Death At Abule Ado / Why Visit Ghana This Valentine? – Toye Answers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.