Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,372 members, 7,836,504 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

Advise Needed - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Advise Needed (346 Views)

Pls. Advise Needed On Where/how To Sale My Broilers / Advise Me On My Poultry Waste / Special Advise Needed On Snail Farming Based On Cultural Interference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advise Needed by KAYBEE17: 7:56pm On Dec 29, 2022
Good evening nairalanders

I need advice

I have one acre (6 plots) of virgin land somewhere in Ogun state and i plan to start farming(planting of some seedlings) by next year but as a novice in farming i need advice and guide from my fellow nairalander that has been in the field to advise me and put me through on what i can plant and how to go about it.

I have in mind to plant cassava and plantain but i don't know much about these things that's why I'm here to seek advice from the expert in the field about how much it will cost to clear and prepare an acre (6plots) of land for farming, what seedlings is advisable for me to plant and when is the best time to start the preparation?

Note: I'm a very busy someone because i work in an office so I plan to get someone to take care of it for me though I don't have anyone yet (I need advice on this also)

All advice would be highly appreciated
Re: Advise Needed by FreshFarmAgro: 8:39pm On Dec 29, 2022
Engage my services. I will manage from the idea conceptualization to the execution and the labour for setting the project up

I know what you can do and benefit at least 4 Million per annum

Reach me on 0 8 1 2 1 6 5 0 0 4 0
Re: Advise Needed by waleyp(m): 9:29pm On Dec 29, 2022
If you work in an office and you not fully committed to farming then don’t start, e get reason

1 Like

Re: Advise Needed by KAYBEE17: 9:32pm On Dec 29, 2022
waleyp:
If you work in an office and you not fully committed to farming then don’t start, e get reason
thanks for the advice....i was just thinking it won't be okay for the land to be idle
Re: Advise Needed by Tohsynetita1: 11:34pm On Dec 29, 2022
KAYBEE17:

I need advice

I have one acre (6 plots) of virgin land somewhere in Ogun state and i plan to start farming(planting of some seedlings) by next year but as a novice in farming i need advice and guide from my fellow nairalander that has been in the field to advise me and put me through on what i can plant and how to go about it.

I have in mind to plant cassava and plantain but i don't know much about these things that's why I'm here to seek advice from the expert in the field about how much it will cost to clear and prepare an acre (6plots) of land for farming, what seedlings is advisable for me to plant and when is the best time to start the preparation?

Note: I'm a very busy someone because i work in an office so I plan to get someone to take care of it for me though I don't have anyone yet (I need advice on this also)

You can plant, since plantain and cassava is not something you need thorough monitoring.
plantain is a tree crop, you might not even go there in a month and it will be thriving. same with cassava.
Re: Advise Needed by KAYBEE17: 5:30am On Dec 30, 2022
Tohsynetita1:

You can plant, since plantain and cassava is not something you need thorough monitoring.
plantain is a tree crop, you might not even go there in a month and it will be thriving. same with cassava.
thanks for the advice I really appreciate
Re: Advise Needed by FreshFarmAgro: 6:16am On Dec 30, 2022
Tohsynetita1:

Now, someone with sense. Anyone who listens to naysayers in this life will die wretchedly. You're brilliant jare
Re: Advise Needed by waleyp(m): 1:44pm On Dec 30, 2022
Just start your farming when you are really ready to monitor your farm…
KAYBEE17:
thanks for the advice....i was just thinking it won't be okay for the land to be idle
Re: Advise Needed by FreshFarmAgro: 3:09pm On Dec 30, 2022
Nigerians and always trying to distort, ruin, destabilize narratives and project everyone as scams. How would the country grow when people think their narratives is the only perspective in life

Fulls.

Your mates are managing hundreds to thousands of acres of farmland remotely. You;re here trying to discredit people's personalities projecting them as scam artists. Go and google " Remote farming " and upgrade yourself from your pre-modern era thinking. Continue to plant cassava and sit down on the leaves waiting for the tubers to develop while you wait

Ode
Re: Advise Needed by adeife16(m): 8:57pm On Jan 26, 2023
KAYBEE17:

I need advice

Hi, i'll like to know if you've started the plantain farming, i'm also interested in plantain farming but unlike you i don't have a land. I'll love to learn from your experience and if possible visit your farm.

(1) (Reply)

I Urgently Need A Farm In Lagos Ogun Or Oyo Osun To Get Crates Of Eggs / Borehole Water For Farming / Why You Should Vaccinate Your Noiler And Local Chickens against Newcastle Diseas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.