Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Nairaland Forum, No Alternative, No Competitors . - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nairaland Forum, No Alternative, No Competitors . (950 Views)

6 SEM Tricks That Will Differentiate You From Your Competitors / Top 3 SEO Techniques To Outshine Your Competitors / Marketing Tactics To Steal From Your Competitors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Forum, No Alternative, No Competitors . by Duserok: 10:22pm On Dec 29, 2022
In most every Field, You see Alternatives and Competitors.

Nairaland Forum remains the Forum to beat by any Competitors.

In Telecommunications, You see MTN, Airtel, Glo, Etisalat etc.. It's the Beuty of Business as it gives People Varieties to Choose From.

If one service is not satisfactory ,you switch to another.

Heard about some other ones but Men, they are no close to Nairaland.

Why is this so? Are Webmasters, Programmers, Software Professionals not intrested in Forums Creations or what?

Once you are Banned on here ,You still get hooked to open another Id..

What do you think?
Re: Nairaland Forum, No Alternative, No Competitors . by Blizzy9ja: 10:28pm On Dec 29, 2022
A lot of us just come here to get updates... We don't take the views and opinions here serious... Mods are biased, owner is partisan

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Forum, No Alternative, No Competitors . by Duserok: 10:36pm On Dec 29, 2022
Blizzy9ja:
A lot of us just come here to get updates... We don't take the views and opinions here serious... Mods are biased, owner is partisan
Hmm! But I'm not talking about what and what webmasters come up to do on this Forum I mean As Large as Nigeria is Apart from Blogging, There should be at least 5 other discussion Forums with heavy members like Nairaland.

So at least People can switch over to any if Not Satisfied with Policies.

In foreign Countries I see several Discussion Forums even withing a State.

But Nigeria case is not like this.

I mean it's so Cool that, It's Articles, Stories, News, Post Made by Members that keeps Discussion forums lively and going, Not even the Owner or Moderators write Ups.

An Amazing Write ups, Articles, News made by a Member excites, Educate, Informs other Members.

The Members is the Strength of Discussion Forums.

Webmasters over to you ooo
Re: Nairaland Forum, No Alternative, No Competitors . by derecho(m): 11:36pm On Dec 29, 2022
Unfortunately, Nairaland is a shadow of itself.

Just check people online per time.You'd be shocked they are not up to 1% of the registered members.

There are about 3M members.. I have never seen up to 30,000 members at once.

Politics seems to be the magnet for now because of the elections around the corner.
I wonder what'd would become of NL after March, 2023.
Since many are seeing the bias.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Forum, No Alternative, No Competitors . by meobizy(f): 6:27pm On Dec 30, 2022
If you're hooked enough to open another account, the blame is on you. I deactivated around 2016 and never looked back until a friend begged me to use his account two years later. Stop opening alternates and you can leave here anytime.

There is no competition because Nigerians aren't motivated. We only see flimsily created copycats which close shop or lose steam quickly. Yes, this place will soon die. The owner knows it. Him sef don tire for the platform. Let's see how long he can keep the business afloat. So far cash still dey enter him account, he'll continue performing the least possible input to keep minds here.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Forum, No Alternative, No Competitors . by Bigajeff(m): 5:29am On Dec 31, 2022
Duserok:

In Telecommunications, You see MTN, Airtel, Glo, Etisalat etc.. It's the Beuty of Business as it gives People Varieties to Choose From.

Why is this so? Are Webmasters, Programmers, Software Professionals not intrested in Forums Creations or what?

What do you think?
It's just a matter of time, I have visited potential Nigeria forums that are coming up, let's see what they are up to like :

Naijafans.com
Naijaforums.com
Re: Nairaland Forum, No Alternative, No Competitors . by Bigajeff(m): 5:32am On Dec 31, 2022
Duserok:
Hmm! But I'm not talking about what and what webmasters come up to do on this Forum I mean As Large as Nigeria is Apart from Blogging, There should be at least 5 other discussion Forums with heavy members like Nairaland.

So at least People can switch over to any if Not Satisfied with Policies.

In foreign Countries I see several Discussion Forums even withing a State.

But Nigeria case is not like this.

I mean it's so Cool that, It's Articles, Stories, News, Post Made by Members that keeps Discussion forums lively and going, Not even the Owner or Moderators write Ups.

An Amazing Write ups, Articles, News made by a Member excites, Educate, Informs other Members.

The Members is the Strength of Discussion Forums.

Webmasters over to you ooo

Have you checked Naijafans.com

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Forum, No Alternative, No Competitors . by YoungCabal: 9:50pm On Dec 31, 2022
Duserok:

What do you think?
There is nairaboard.com bro, it's basically the only the closest alternative out there, though more work is being done to make it, just check it out

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Forum, No Alternative, No Competitors . by MiaBeer(m): 7:05am On Jan 13, 2023
Nairaland is easy to navigate and it’s been the leading forum for Nigerians over the years. There’s actually no day that I have not visited this forum.
Yes there are other emerging ones like:
nairaboard and nigeriangurus but I give it to Seun and his crew.
Re: Nairaland Forum, No Alternative, No Competitors . by faceland: 3:33am On Jan 14, 2023
There is sub-Reddit filled with sane Nigerians (and social media with a Nigeria ecosystem or group-section... go to any newspaper Facebook page and see Nigerians).

Nairaland is old and we are creatures of habit. It is unique...

In the future, another one would come that would be appealing to a different generation with different mindsets.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Forum, No Alternative, No Competitors . by Chadbru: 5:07am On Jan 20
"I offer you fresh options. While Nairaland focuses on politics, I introduce GistfulNaija, centered on business and mutual growth."

Re: Nairaland Forum, No Alternative, No Competitors . by ozehlaw: 2:13pm On Jan 23
I founded a social network named Nelogram, to overtake and be better Nairaland. Nairaland is already on the slippery slope, getting 4 million users each month. Check it out
Re: Nairaland Forum, No Alternative, No Competitors . by SIXFEETUNDER: 11:22am On Jan 24
Because every forum that have to attempted to rival nairaland has failed because they were either in for profits or their site sucks

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Forum, No Alternative, No Competitors . by peterobitinubu: 12:14pm On Jan 24
derecho:
Unfortunately, Nairaland is a shadow of itself.

Just check people online per time.You'd be shocked they are not up to 1% of the registered members.

There are about 3M members.. I have never seen up to 30,000 members at once.

Politics seems to be the magnet for now because of the elections around the corner.
I wonder what'd would become of NL after March, 2023.
Since many are seeing the bias.

dey play. u don see ur life

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Forum, No Alternative, No Competitors . by peterobitinubu: 12:24pm On Jan 24
SIXFEETUNDER:
Because every forum that have to attempted to rival nairaland has failed because they were either in for profits or their site sucks
yh

(1) (Reply)

Webmasters: Download David Valleries "fail As Fast As Possible" Ebook For Free! / The Truth About The Free Website / Layouts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.