Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

What Should Women Wear To Work? Comfort Vs. Fashion - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / What Should Women Wear To Work? Comfort Vs. Fashion (4897 Views)

Most Nigerian Women Wear Goat Hair Thinking Its Expensive Human Hair LOL / What Not To Wear To A Wedding. / Should Women With Stretch Marks Not Wear Clothes That Expose Them.[PICS] WARNING (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should Women Wear To Work? Comfort Vs. Fashion by webprince2: 12:17pm On Sep 02, 2011
What Should Women Wear to Work? Comfort vs. Fashion
You probably have a fairly good idea of what’s appropriate for work and what isn’t. Unfortunately, fashion trends and comfort can blur that line, making finding that perfect work outfit more difficult.

So, how are you supposed to dress in the office? My rule of thumb is to always dress where you’re headed, not where you are or have been. Your appearance reflects your job aspirations, and people within your organization will only picture you in a higher position if you dress like it.

Here are some guidelines to live by when it comes to your professional wardrobe:

Observe co-workers for appropriate outfits
While it’s true that not everyone dresses how she should in the office, you can certainly model your workplace style off someone else’s you admire. Different corporate cultures call for different styles, so get to know your company’s informal dress code through observation.

Invest in classic, yet stylish, basics

A tailored suit, wrap dress, and leather bag never go out of style. Make sure these items are always ready by having them cleaned and pressed after wearing them.

Add color to your basics

Don’t wear a black suit with a plain white blouse. Instead, add in your fashion personality by wearing a color underneath. It will make you appear confident and stylish, yet still professional.

Wear makeup
Women who wear makeup earn more than those who don’t and are more likely to be promoted. You don’t have to go overboard—natural-looking foundation, eye shadow, and mascara might be all you need.

Tailor your pieces for your body type
When a piece of clothing fits right, it makes you look put together and confident. You won’t be pulling at it all day, trying to keep it in the right spot. Length matters too, so don’t wear pants that are too long or too short. Tailor your pieces to the shoes you’ll be wearing with them.

Accessorize
Don’t be afraid to wear jewelry or a nice watch with your professional outfit. Accessories add a polish to your outfit and are an easy way to spice up any outfit.
Re: What Should Women Wear To Work? Comfort Vs. Fashion by Mcleo007(m): 11:31pm On Sep 02, 2011
pete234:

Now what you wear should depend upon the situation and the place you are heading to.If you are going to a party a funky top can look smart but in an office a formal office dress can be the best choice.
gold value calculator   

Cant agree less.
Re: What Should Women Wear To Work? Comfort Vs. Fashion by mukina2: 11:24am On Sep 03, 2011
Comfort any day anytime.
Re: What Should Women Wear To Work? Comfort Vs. Fashion by femmy2010(m): 11:36am On Sep 03, 2011
Certainly comfort.
Re: What Should Women Wear To Work? Comfort Vs. Fashion by malaria(f): 11:39am On Sep 03, 2011
G-STRING AND bra.rubbish, is dat supposed 2 be a question.
Re: What Should Women Wear To Work? Comfort Vs. Fashion by MMM2(m): 11:57am On Sep 03, 2011
G-string angry
Re: What Should Women Wear To Work? Comfort Vs. Fashion by hackney(m): 12:03pm On Sep 03, 2011
A woman should wear skirt suits to work in a white collar environment.
the skirt should be 6 inches above the knee.

Underneath all that should be flowery pink laceys.

she also needs to sit opposite me and cross her legs very high.
mwuaah.
Promotion! ! !
Re: What Should Women Wear To Work? Comfort Vs. Fashion by Greenslim: 12:39pm On Sep 03, 2011
any sexy for them.
Re: What Should Women Wear To Work? Comfort Vs. Fashion by ajirebi20: 4:18pm On Sep 03, 2011
Its best they wear nothing to work.
Re: What Should Women Wear To Work? Comfort Vs. Fashion by keneslow: 4:28pm On Sep 03, 2011
Hackney +1 , but I prefer black mixed with pink
Re: What Should Women Wear To Work? Comfort Vs. Fashion by marcus1234: 5:01pm On Sep 03, 2011
Re: What Should Women Wear To Work? Comfort Vs. Fashion by clip: 5:31am On Sep 04, 2011
i thought i was going to see pictures of the fashion/comfort dress,It much easier to describe a dress with pictures
Re: What Should Women Wear To Work? Comfort Vs. Fashion by uzoo: 11:42am On Sep 04, 2011
i quite agree with the posterr ,you have to dress with where you are heading in mind.That been said,i like to set trends and step out of the "comfort zone" . so for me it has to be fashion.its all about coordinating very well when Dressing fashionably to work.
Re: What Should Women Wear To Work? Comfort Vs. Fashion by omotonice: 12:54pm On Sep 04, 2011
lol
Re: What Should Women Wear To Work? Comfort Vs. Fashion by iice(f): 4:13pm On Sep 24, 2011
Comfort. My job allows me to dress anyway i like.
Re: What Should Women Wear To Work? Comfort Vs. Fashion by Pweety4me(f): 1:11am On Sep 26, 2011
^^Whats that? wink
Re: What Should Women Wear To Work? Comfort Vs. Fashion by iice(f): 3:53am On Sep 26, 2011
My job is joblessness according to NL cheesy
Re: What Should Women Wear To Work? Comfort Vs. Fashion by IMAGEMasters: 4:03pm On Mar 27, 2013
As much as I like to be comfortable in what I put on for work, I do love fashionable work clothes. So for me its Fashion all the way.
wink

(1) (Reply)

September Buttocks Challenge For That Firm, Smooth, & Soft Booty (Photos) / ~ If You Love Silicone Bras . . . Hop In Here~ / I Just Had A Hair Cut ''moromoro'' , (my New Look With Pics) Horrible or Nice ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.