Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

Why Muslims Do Not Celebrate And Congratulate Non-muslims On Their Festivals? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Muslims Do Not Celebrate And Congratulate Non-muslims On Their Festivals? (15963 Views)

Why A Muslim Should Not Celebrate Valentine? / Why Muslims do not celebrate non-muslim festivals? / What Islam Says About Non-muslims Holiday And Celebrating Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Muslims Do Not Celebrate And Congratulate Non-muslims On Their Festivals? by Lukgaf(m): 5:49am On Dec 30, 2022
No doubt, we have friends, teachers and colleagues among non-Muslims. We engage and collaborate when it comes to worldly affairs. We even congratulate them on their success. This is fine and humanly!

We have a lot of non-Muslim teachers we respect them a lot - we benefitted a lot from them in terms of knowledge and experience. We do not sever our relationship with them!

Also, we have a lot of non-muslims as friends and colleagues at work. We cherish and wish them well. We congratulate them when they achieve great things in life.

In essence, Islam enjoys being good to all the creatures of Allah - human beings, whether a Muslim or non-Muslims. Even animals!

However, when it comes to the issue of beliefs, Muslims are not to compromise. In Islam (as it is contained in other religions/beliefs), there are dos/don't and red lines we shouldn't cross. Some of them include things we are prohibited from doing such as celebrating any non-islamic festivals and wishing those doing them. This is not limited to non-Muslim festivals only. It also includes all the innovated festivals some Muslims celebrate, such as Mawlud Nabiyy, Islamic Calendar year, etc (you see some Muslims and I have made some threads condemning these too). For any festival to be Islamic, there must be evidence for it from the Holy book (Qur'an) or Sunnah! We celebrate both Eids because there are account for them!

Based on the above, congratulating the non-Muslims on their religious festivals is haraam because it implies that one accepts or approves of their rituals of kufr, even if one would not accept those things for oneself.

Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):
"If you disbelieve, then verily, Allaah is not in need of you, He likes not disbelief for His slaves. And if you are grateful (by being believers), He is pleased therewith for you. . ."
[al-Zumar 39:7]

". . . This day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islaam as your religion . . ."
[al-Maa'idah 5:3]

So to congratulate non-Muslims on their festival is forbidden if you're truly a Muslim. You can congratulate them on any worldly achievements so far it has nothing to do with their beliefs.

Also, it is haraam (forbidden) to accept invitations on such festivals, because this is worse than congratulating them as it implies taking part in their celebrations.

We ask Allah to make us steadfast, safe us hypocrisy and from displeasing our creator at the expense of His creatures (human beings) (Aameen).

27 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Muslims Do Not Celebrate And Congratulate Non-muslims On Their Festivals? by AntiChristian: 7:43am On Dec 30, 2022
Aamin.

Also It is extremely destestable to eat Christmas food as we don't believe in:

1. Jesus as God.
2. Jesus as son of God.
3. God being born.
4. Celebration of birthdays.
5. Celebration of idolatrous paganism adapted in Christianity!

Know that some Christians don't celebrate Christmas. And some say its origin is pagan/idolatry.

If you give me food on any day without attaching birthdays, Christmas, Maolid, Kufr, Shirk, Bid'ah, haram to it.
In this category too is the popular and innocent beans cooked to appease twins birth! Abeg, no chop am!

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Muslims Do Not Celebrate And Congratulate Non-muslims On Their Festivals? by Greenscientist: 9:19am On Dec 30, 2022
Before anyone(Muslim or non-muslim) comes here to attack this stand, please answer this questions.

1. Do Muslims believe Jesus as God or even So n of God?

2. Will a Muslim/Christian join the traditionist to celebrate there festive?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Muslims Do Not Celebrate And Congratulate Non-muslims On Their Festivals? by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:20am On Dec 30, 2022
I’m
Re: Why Muslims Do Not Celebrate And Congratulate Non-muslims On Their Festivals? by jumper524(m): 9:21am On Dec 30, 2022
Those verses you quoted doesn't justify your preaching.
Im a Muslim too, though I don't believe in the christain way of celebrating Jesus but that doesn't render me from not showing gratitude when they show me love.
I fear for your kind who sugar quote the holybook to your own personal goal.
Allah said,

“If you express gratitude, I shall certainly give you more, and if you are ungrateful, then My punishment is severe.” (Quran, 14:7)
When a christain gives you food on Christmas day, it's not with the intention to make you convert to christains but with the intention to make you understand that there's love amongst us leaving together in a society.

Everyone's God-given human dignity must be respected, regardless of his or her faith, race, ethnic origin, gender, or social status (ref. Qur'an, 17:70). Because everyone is created by God Almighty, the Maker of all, humans must treat one another with full honor, respect, and loving-kindness.

Please desist from extremist behaviour.
People like you can't speak against the killing of blasphemers even though the Quran clearly stated that Allah would punish blasphemers. Your extremist behaviour has made the evil get the better of you to the point of quoting a wrong verse to justify a negative content.
You shouldn't be called a Muslim if you share that idea you posted cos the Prophet believed in love and peace. It was his love and peace that made the Arabs admire Arabs nd accept Islam not your kind of hypocrisy.

220 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Why Muslims Do Not Celebrate And Congratulate Non-muslims On Their Festivals? by Nobody: 9:23am On Dec 30, 2022
Good post, Islam is the best religion, we don’t joke with our religion. May the peace and blessings of Allah be upon all Muslims amin

6 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Muslims Do Not Celebrate And Congratulate Non-muslims On Their Festivals? by beardedboy(m): 9:23am On Dec 30, 2022
NwaMamaIwota:

you're just a bokoharam with internet access and freedom roaming in public.
He's boko haram because he doesn't compromise his religious guidelines for your desires?

Joke's on you, dear clown. angry

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Muslims Do Not Celebrate And Congratulate Non-muslims On Their Festivals? by beardedboy(m): 9:23am On Dec 30, 2022
peepydelano:
Good post, Islam is the best religion, we don’t joke with our religion. May the peace and blessings of Allah be upon all Muslims amin

Aameen

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Muslims Do Not Celebrate And Congratulate Non-muslims On Their Festivals? by Crownbackhome: 9:23am On Dec 30, 2022
Because, any other religion apart from Islam is ungodly

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Muslims Do Not Celebrate And Congratulate Non-muslims On Their Festivals? by Laturuturu: 9:23am On Dec 30, 2022
Lukgaf:
No doubt, we have friends, teachers and colleagues among non-Muslims. We engage and collaborate when it comes to worldly affairs. We even congratulate them on their success. This is fine and humanly!

We have a lot of non-Muslim teachers we respect them a lot - we benefitted a lot from them in terms of knowledge and experience. We do not sever our relationship with them!

Also, we have a lot of non-muslims as friends and colleagues at work. We cherish and wish them well. We congratulate them when they achieve great things in life.

In essence, Islam enjoys being good to all the creatures of Allah - human beings, whether a Muslim or non-Muslims. Even animals!

However, when it comes to the issue of beliefs, Muslims are not to compromise. In Islam (as it is contained in other religions/beliefs), there are dos/don't and red lines we shouldn't cross. Some of them include things we are prohibited from doing such as celebrating any non-islamic festivals and wishing those doing them. This is not limited to non-Muslim festivals only. It also includes all the innovated festivals some Muslims celebrate, such as Mawlud Nabiyy, Islamic Calendar year, etc (you see some Muslims and I have made some threads condemning these too). For any festival to be Islamic, there must be evidence for it from the Holy book (Qur'an) or Sunnah! We celebrate both Eids because there are account for them!

Based on the above, congratulating the non-Muslims on their religious festivals is haraam because it implies that one accepts or approves of their rituals of kufr, even if one would not accept those things for oneself.

Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):
"If you disbelieve, then verily, Allaah is not in need of you, He likes not disbelief for His slaves. And if you are grateful (by being believers), He is pleased therewith for you. . ."
[al-Zumar 39:7]

". . . This day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islaam as your religion . . ."
[al-Maa'idah 5:3]

So to congratulate non-Muslims on their festival is forbidden if you're truly a Muslim. You can congratulate them on any worldly achievements so far it has nothing to do with their beliefs.

Also, it is haraam (forbidden) to accept invitations on such festivals, because this is worse than congratulating them as it implies taking part in their celebrations.

We ask Allah to make us steadfast, safe us hypocrisy and from displeasing our creator at the expense of His creatures (human beings) (Aameen).

Pls brother kindly stay tuned to Al- Arabiya need Chanel or any other Saudi news channel on the even of the new year.
You will hear them congratulate each other..
Pls do this

25 Likes

Re: Why Muslims Do Not Celebrate And Congratulate Non-muslims On Their Festivals? by Nobody: 9:23am On Dec 30, 2022
[quote author=Yugoslavia247 post=119542741][/quote] We don’t care or need your congratulations, we’ve never cared anyways.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Muslims Do Not Celebrate And Congratulate Non-muslims On Their Festivals? by GODPUNISHALABI: 9:25am On Dec 30, 2022
Merry Christmas 'mohammed" such a great guy

123 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Why Muslims Do Not Celebrate And Congratulate Non-muslims On Their Festivals? by Sterope(f): 9:25am On Dec 30, 2022
You live in a nultireligious society yet you have no idea of the little things that foster peace, trust and unity.

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Muslims Do Not Celebrate And Congratulate Non-muslims On Their Festivals? by beardedboy(m): 9:25am On Dec 30, 2022
NgwaManeatyou2:
Because they are bloody Hippocrates,,,, they are terrorist..kiss the truth... again I'm a full born christian.
Do your ancestors and descendants a favour; always look up the meaning of word before using it in public.

A person is declaring his steadfastness and uncompromising stance yet the only adjective you can find for him is hypocrite (which you couldn't even spell correctly).

You can do better. You should do better.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Muslims Do Not Celebrate And Congratulate Non-muslims On Their Festivals? by beardedboy(m): 9:26am On Dec 30, 2022
Sterope:
You live in a nultireligious society yet you have no idea of the little things that foster peace, trust and unity.

So, you can only live in peace with Muslims who compromise their religion for your whims and desires? Such an interesting definition of peace!

5 Likes

Re: Why Muslims Do Not Celebrate And Congratulate Non-muslims On Their Festivals? by AntiChristian: 9:28am On Dec 30, 2022
Laturuturu:

Pls brother kindly stay tuned to Al- Arabiya need Chanel or any other Saudi news channel on the even of the new year.
You will hear them congratulate each other..
Pls do this

Of what use is that? We follow the Qu'ran and Sunnah not Saudi Arabia!

5 Likes

Re: Why Muslims Do Not Celebrate And Congratulate Non-muslims On Their Festivals? by beardedboy(m): 9:30am On Dec 30, 2022
VEXT:

The same people want Christians from the south to support Muslim-muslim ticket..

Hope Yoruba Christians are seeing this ..

1. Where's the Muslim-Muslim ticket? A man that calls God "father of all" is your definition of Muslim? Obviously you folks are as the Qur'an described you: No amount of compromise can satisfy you. I only blame the pathetic Muslims who give a hoot about your opinion.

2. There are several states in the country with Christian-christian ticket, I'm certain you're not ready for this discussion.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Walimot Tul Quran Compulsory ? / Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration / Can A Muslim Join the Freemasons Without Losing His Faith?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.