Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,725 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Cracks Widen Among G-5 Governors Over Choice Of Presidential Candidate - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cracks Widen Among G-5 Governors Over Choice Of Presidential Candidate (31755 Views)

Cracks Widen In APC Over Tinubu - Daily Trust / Shettima: APC Cracks Widen - Sunnewsonline.com / APC Cracks Widen, Tinubu, Governors Lock Horns As Court Suspends Oshiomhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cracks Widen Among G-5 Governors Over Choice Of Presidential Candidate by Frontpagee: 10:21am On Dec 30, 2022
another1:
Who take G5 gang serious again.
I would have taken their fight for equity and fairness serious if they resolved to support peter obi.
it baffles me how obidents think, why must it be your own way?

Re: Cracks Widen Among G-5 Governors Over Choice Of Presidential Candidate by Fearyourcreator: 10:26am On Dec 30, 2022
another1:
Who take G5 gang serious again.
I would have taken their fight for equity and fairness serious if they resolved to support peter obi.
Ode
Re: Cracks Widen Among G-5 Governors Over Choice Of Presidential Candidate by Mitsurugi(m): 10:29am On Dec 30, 2022
Aufbauh:
I'd think the only one worth negotiating with by Tinubu among the G-5 if need be the it's Wike. Others are worthless

It's only Wike that can bring his political sagacity and momentum to an already formidable campaign team of Jagaban.

Besides, Makinde and Wike are already inclined to Jagaban. The other three should go team up with another failure Obi.

You have failed so much in life, innit?
Re: Cracks Widen Among G-5 Governors Over Choice Of Presidential Candidate by Rick9(m): 10:37am On Dec 30, 2022
To be honest, these G-5 Governors overestimate themselves too much.
Nobody will tell me who to support in 2023.
Peter Obi for President anyways.

1 Like

Re: Cracks Widen Among G-5 Governors Over Choice Of Presidential Candidate by mayorkent(m): 10:37am On Dec 30, 2022
Lol wahala , wike should just hope he makes the right decision this period way everybody day pamper am .
Because harvesting era for am na after election..

1 Like

Re: Cracks Widen Among G-5 Governors Over Choice Of Presidential Candidate by NothingDoMe: 10:38am On Dec 30, 2022
Abassmt:
Bro, any party Wike support in river state will win that man is loved by his people and Obio akpor his local government has the highest voting strength in follow by phalga which he control and this two local government is enough to win in river state unless you can outspend him.
That works locally. Not nationally. He can't convince them against Obi. It's too late for that. Something like that you need to start early to work on minds. Na last minute He wan bring Tinubu come?
Re: Cracks Widen Among G-5 Governors Over Choice Of Presidential Candidate by drlateef: 10:53am On Dec 30, 2022
This is the latest on the issue:

BREAKING NEWS...

"WE HAVE A DEAL WITH APC..." GOV. WIKE.

"I have instructed my colleagues in the G-5, the only party that can win the 2023 Presidency is All Progressives Congress APC, and we must do everything possible to approach the Southern Nigeria Leadership of the party under my immediate past successor and boss, His Excellency Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, and the Deputy Senate President, His Excellency Rt. Hon. Ovie Omo-Agege, to fine-tune all arrangements for that.

We have met with the APC Presidential Candidate, Ahmed Bola Tinubu. He directed that we officially defect from the PDP to APC, which is a very impossible idea at the moment since some of my colleagues are having PDP Tickets. I personally told Tinubu to allow us stay in PDP and do the job, and after 2023 victory, I will collapse every remnant of PDP under my faction in Nigeria, beginning with Rivers State.

On my Governorship Candidate Sim Fubara, all I have to say is, let APC win the Presidency and National Assembly first, that should be our priority as Rivers people for now.

As to the rumour that we have endorsed Labour Party Candidate, Mr. Peter Obi, you should understand that we are talking about Presidency of Nigeria, not Traders' Union nor Anambra Governorship election here..."

Excerpts from Gov. Nyesom Wike's address to BBC Africa in London, 28th December, 2022, after the G-5 Meeting With APC Presidential Candidate, Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
Re: Cracks Widen Among G-5 Governors Over Choice Of Presidential Candidate by Nnaworo(m): 10:53am On Dec 30, 2022
Thisday newspaper has never hidden its support for Atiku Abubakar's presidential ambtion.After manipulating a poll result in favour of Atiku,they are coming with this again.I cannot take any reportage from them as true.
Re: Cracks Widen Among G-5 Governors Over Choice Of Presidential Candidate by drlateef: 10:56am On Dec 30, 2022
Rick9:
To be honest, these G-5 Governors overestimate themselves too much.
Nobody will tell me who to support in 2023.
Peter Obi for President anyways.

In last few days you were beating your chest and shouting that G-5 was for PO. Now that reality has donned on you, you begin to brag that they have no influence. Yeyeh dey smell!!!
Re: Cracks Widen Among G-5 Governors Over Choice Of Presidential Candidate by kennyz247(m): 11:04am On Dec 30, 2022
NothingDoMe:
That works locally. Not nationally. He can't convince them against Obi. It's too late for that. Something like that you need to start early to work on minds. Na last minute He wan bring Tinubu come?
that's my point, Wike support does not have much effects at the moment again,cause every sensible Nigeria has made there mind on who to vote for...

1 Like

Re: Cracks Widen Among G-5 Governors Over Choice Of Presidential Candidate by Papichulostunne(m): 11:08am On Dec 30, 2022
Mynd44:

Fake news. It is not possible to remove a candidate at this point. Even if the candidate decides to pull out, INEC will still recognize that person and award votes to him/her, nothing will change. This is similar to Peter Obi's new campaign, Osuntokun. He has abandoned his Senate candidacy but because of the time frame, you cannot pull out of the election again.

Anything less than 90 days, you are a candidate but force. The PDP's expulsion threat is dead in water
You sound so much like an illiterate. Really you do. Just said i should let you know.
Re: Cracks Widen Among G-5 Governors Over Choice Of Presidential Candidate by JOemmy(m): 12:11pm On Dec 30, 2022
Wike personally and politically don't have much to loose if he is expelled but the other 4 pdp governors will loose massively if they are all expelled I don't even know why they allowed themselves to be herded like cows by wike? It's clear now that wike is not actually fighting for the south but on a selfish personal vendetta against atiku but the rest mumu 4 pdp governors can't even see it.
Re: Cracks Widen Among G-5 Governors Over Choice Of Presidential Candidate by JOemmy(m): 12:16pm On Dec 30, 2022
G00DHardDick:
This G5 governors are all miscreants. No one takes dem serious again. In fact whoever they choose, their support makes no difference because it is the masses that will decide who their president will be, not these cowards

Very true they didn't contribute anything in the last osun's state governorship election yet pdp still won without them.
Re: Cracks Widen Among G-5 Governors Over Choice Of Presidential Candidate by Mickykarim: 1:02pm On Dec 30, 2022
IMAGINE THE BLACK MENTALITY!

It is not about the people or PRINCIPLE. Just about the garrulous boastful grandstanding Nnysom Wike and the selfish opportunistic other governors.

THESE PEOPLE WILL CONTINUE TO TAKE NIGERIANS FOR RIDE UNTIL THEY WAKE UP AND TAKE THEIR DESTINIES INTO THEIR OWN HANDS.
Re: Cracks Widen Among G-5 Governors Over Choice Of Presidential Candidate by IfnobeGod20: 1:24pm On Dec 30, 2022
Mynd44:

Fake news. It is not possible to remove a candidate at this point. Even if the candidate decides to pull out, INEC will still recognize that person and award votes to him/her, nothing will change. This is similar to Peter Obi's new campaign, Osuntokun. He has abandoned his Senate candidacy but because of the time frame, you cannot pull out of the election again.

Anything less than 90 days, you are a candidate but force. The PDP's expulsion threat is dead in water
I think you're comparing the incomparable.
1. Is there any law that says a member of a party cannot be expelled from party?
2. What does electoral Act says about who sponsor a candidate?
3. If a member of a party ceased to be a member, what does that connotes?
4. Did ZLP file for the substitution of Osuntokun?
5. Did you hear that Osuntokun write to INEC to withdraw his own candidacy?
6. Hence, INEC has the right to say he cannot be substituted because the candidate himself has not shown cause he withdrew from the race because he is no more in ZLP.
7. I think if the party follow the lay down procedure for disciplining members and he is justifiably expelled from the party, such stands not to represent the party in any election, so far it is the party that sponsor candidates.
All the PDP need is not to be hasty at expelling them but should follow route for disciplining members, taking into consideration that engaging in anti-party is a serious offence in law.
Re: Cracks Widen Among G-5 Governors Over Choice Of Presidential Candidate by raymondinc(m): 1:27pm On Dec 30, 2022
It's dawn too late for their shenanigans, those governors are but one person with one vote they can not influence the people again, they enjoy our money, travel abroad at will, watch matches at every provocation, manipulates the house of assembly at will and see the masses as their puppets. This time around the masses will make their choice and there is no going back.
We know whom to vote in.
Re: Cracks Widen Among G-5 Governors Over Choice Of Presidential Candidate by Prince111111: 2:13pm On Dec 30, 2022
Mynd44:

The time for removal of candidates have passed. PDP cannot make INEC Remove anyone's name
you no nothing please. There is no provision for that in the new electoral law. If you are expelled, you cease to be the party's candidate henceforth.
Re: Cracks Widen Among G-5 Governors Over Choice Of Presidential Candidate by am5635: 3:17pm On Dec 30, 2022
it's now becoming abundantly clear that the so-called integrity governors are fighting for their parochial interest as opposed to the interest of Nigerians as widely claimed at every given fora.
Re: Cracks Widen Among G-5 Governors Over Choice Of Presidential Candidate by kennyz247(m): 5:37pm On Dec 30, 2022
Deltafirstson:

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2022/12/30/cracks-widen-among-g-5-governors-over-choice-of-presidential-candidate/
dsame Wike u guys said he has traveled to Spain to watch Madrid match is on NTA commissioning Enaka-Igbo road in River State ranting nonsense.... that guy no get forgiving spirit and talk too much like market woman
Re: Cracks Widen Among G-5 Governors Over Choice Of Presidential Candidate by adigun4mee(m): 5:10pm On Dec 31, 2022
Mynd44:

The time for removal of candidates have passed. PDP cannot make INEC Remove anyone's name
if PDP expelled them then they are no more members of a political party and for you to go into election without a political party then there is legal implications

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"Peter Obi Is Ethnically Cleansing Labour Party" - Alhaji Bashiru Apapa / Photo: Emeka Ohakim Converts To Islam - Facebook User Claims (How True Is This?) / NDA Cadets Drop Uniforms With Fulanimen, Disappear –residents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.