Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,224 members, 7,815,281 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Should The Boss Inform His Staff Of A Potential Sale? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should The Boss Inform His Staff Of A Potential Sale? (12394 Views)

Can A Staff Of FCTA Be Transfered To Federal Ministry? / How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination / What To Do When You Get Ghosted By A Potential Employer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should The Boss Inform His Staff Of A Potential Sale? by DenreleDave(m): 1:37pm On Dec 30, 2022
New007:
Life is not black and white oga. His company is not a product of the constitution. That's why I said morally because some bosses will not tell you shit.

Ok

Odefagirl what do you have to say

Placeoffallure nko
Re: Should The Boss Inform His Staff Of A Potential Sale? by veektor01(m): 1:56pm On Dec 30, 2022
Haba!!

It is morally right to inform your staff of an impending change of ownership.
It won't cost you anything to let them know.
DenreleDave:
I want to ask this guys. If you are working for someone in an organisation, informal organisation at that.

If the boss decides to sell the company, is it legal, morally or and constitutionally right to inform the staffs of the potential sales?

Should the boss just sell the company and care less about any decision the potential buyer decides to do with the staff who were unprepared for this?

Re: Should The Boss Inform His Staff Of A Potential Sale? by Cutehector(m): 2:59pm On Dec 30, 2022
Seems they want to sell Nigeria. Those saying the boss is not obligated are tinubu urchins. They will never have wisdom in this life.

1 Like

Re: Should The Boss Inform His Staff Of A Potential Sale? by Misterone: 3:29pm On Dec 30, 2022
DenreleDave:

Question is, is it legal or compulsory to inform the staffs abt what is coming ahead so that they can decide their fate b4 the sale happens?
you will be told after the sale but not before
Re: Should The Boss Inform His Staff Of A Potential Sale? by dominic17: 3:36pm On Dec 30, 2022
Informing them before selling the company will demoralize them and those we criminal tendency will use the opportunity to perpetuate fraud but on the moral ground once the sales arrangements is concluded the staff will be informed
Re: Should The Boss Inform His Staff Of A Potential Sale? by do4luv14(m): 4:17pm On Dec 30, 2022
FuckSilly:
I swear, e shock me grin

cheesycheesycheesy
Re: Should The Boss Inform His Staff Of A Potential Sale? by Omniman(m): 4:35pm On Dec 30, 2022
Too much slavery and lawlessness will make you think it is not wrong to inform your staff. In a sane climate the boss should be sued.

As a staff, you are a stakeholder in the company in case you don’t know. Unless you are a mechanic and you don’t know your right
Re: Should The Boss Inform His Staff Of A Potential Sale? by IamOrei(m): 4:35pm On Dec 30, 2022
Zonefree:
The boss is not obligated to tell same way a landlord is not obligated to tell his tenants before selling his property.

& u are one of those who open their dirty mouths to attack politicians when dey do shit
Re: Should The Boss Inform His Staff Of A Potential Sale? by IamOrei(m): 4:37pm On Dec 30, 2022
Your boss has an OBLIGATION to inform u of a potential sale or change in administration of the company
Re: Should The Boss Inform His Staff Of A Potential Sale? by Oyerinde16(m): 4:53pm On Dec 30, 2022
It is obligatory to inform workers of major decisions happening within the company... If you tell them, they will prepare themselves for what's coming...

But for the staffs to resume one early morning and see strangers telling them the former owner sold last week and is currently in Scotland leaves much to be desire...

That's why the should he a transition team, else staffs will just steal everything and lie the former owner took them
Re: Should The Boss Inform His Staff Of A Potential Sale? by viodemus: 5:56pm On Dec 30, 2022
It is the moral thing to do, I don't know about constitutional. In America, it might be constitutional from even the state law.

Is just that in Nigeria, things are done haphazardly. If the owner tells the staff, they might turn it to a stealing frenzy, a well planned business owner will factor all those in, and plan a seamless takeover or sale.
Re: Should The Boss Inform His Staff Of A Potential Sale? by osomegbe(m): 6:52pm On Dec 30, 2022
DenreleDave:

So it is not normal for a boss to call a staff meeting or just head of the dept and inform them abt the sale so that they can pass the message to their subordinates.

So the fate of the staffs should be left like that?

Is this how it works in corporate organisations too?

I think it is very bad to sell and didn't inform any staff.. I mean the senior staffs.... They are supposed to know......

Very sad mehnnnn.. angry angry angry angry angry

It happens like this in other establishment also except public quoted because of share holders.
The seller wants the buyer to meet a friendly and happy workforce when he pays courtesy visit before the sale. If information goes out for sure unrest may result and the workforce may be feeling threatened when they visit before the sale.
Re: Should The Boss Inform His Staff Of A Potential Sale? by Ifakiland(m): 7:07pm On Dec 30, 2022
DenreleDave:
I want to ask this guys. If you are working for someone in an organisation, informal organisation at that.

If the boss decides to sell the company, is it legal, morally or and constitutionally right to inform the staffs of the potential sales?

Should the boss just sell the company and care less about any decision the potential buyer decides to do with the staff who were unprepared for this?

Tell dem as what? Ordinary staff? Are they shareholder?
Re: Should The Boss Inform His Staff Of A Potential Sale? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Dec 30, 2022
If the sales will involve changing the company's name, or having a merger with another company, then this will nullify the employees' contract, so they must be informed and given a new contract.
Re: Should The Boss Inform His Staff Of A Potential Sale? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Dec 30, 2022
Zonefree:
The boss is not obligated to tell same way a landlord is not obligated to tell his tenants before selling his property.

Backwardness be like Nigeria.
Employees are also stakeholders and they deserve to know.
One of the reasons you decide to take up a job is your confidence in the management to perform well, such that you can trust your career with the company, and if that management will be changed, you deserve to know.
In developed countries, you can sue that boss.
Re: Should The Boss Inform His Staff Of A Potential Sale? by IyaTola: 6:02am On Dec 31, 2022
DenreleDave:

Question is, is it legal or compulsory to inform the staffs abt what is coming ahead so that they can decide their fate b4 the sale happens?
it's not, why did you resign?
Re: Should The Boss Inform His Staff Of A Potential Sale? by cedricksly: 11:21am On Dec 31, 2022
DenreleDave:

your chosen word "Informal" answers your question, the company is not recognised by law, nothing any of you can do

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Secret About Dubai Job For Nigerians Immigrants / Nscdc Latest / Part Time Jobs In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.