Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,151 members, 7,811,293 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

On This Day ( December 30 ), in 2003, The U.S. Hanged Saddam Hussein - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / On This Day ( December 30 ), in 2003, The U.S. Hanged Saddam Hussein (703 Views)

Donald Trump: The World Would Be Better With Saddam And Gadaffi In Power / Rouhani: 'Madman Trump Will Be Hanged After Tenure Like Saddam Hussein' / Uday Saddam Hussein al-Tikritti Cars Collection Of Son Of Saddam Hussein (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On This Day ( December 30 ), in 2003, The U.S. Hanged Saddam Hussein by panafrican(m): 4:48pm On Dec 30, 2022
When the Wrong wins, chaos follows. That is what all the mess in Irak is about today.
Tony Blair lied about Saddam getting ready to launch a massive attack on the West,
The US rushing in "take out " Saddam's weapons of mass destruction.
All these lies were only fueled crony capitalism and globalism. The West couldn't way to steal Iraq's wealth no matter what or how te Iraqi people would suffer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FRV9cge1EQ&t=2s

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: On This Day ( December 30 ), in 2003, The U.S. Hanged Saddam Hussein by nairalander2020(m): 5:06pm On Dec 30, 2022
US have done more agressor on soveriegn state than russia.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: On This Day ( December 30 ), in 2003, The U.S. Hanged Saddam Hussein by Watcharena: 5:36pm On Dec 30, 2022
So sad , many years after US is still in Iraq milking and stealing even against the wish of the Iraq people

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: On This Day ( December 30 ), in 2003, The U.S. Hanged Saddam Hussein by Sanbuchi: 6:07pm On Dec 30, 2022
USA have done more harm to humanity and mankind and still justify their evil act with words like " act of service to humanity"...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: On This Day ( December 30 ), in 2003, The U.S. Hanged Saddam Hussein by Faithful007: 7:19pm On Dec 30, 2022
panafrican:
When the Wrong wins, chaos follows. That is what all the mess in Irak is about today.
Tony Blair lied about Saddam getting ready to launch a massive attack on the West,
All these lies were only fueled crony capitalism and globalism. The West couldn't way to steal Iraq's wealth no matter what or how te Iraqi people would suffer.

You spread lies and misinformation with impunity. So disgusting.

Saddam was hanged by the Iraqi revolutionary forces and not by the USA. The seals who kept him under house arrest pleaded for his life to spared when they Iraqis came to arrest him. They wanted him exiled instead.

Yes, there are question marks surrounding actions in Iraq, but stop adding foolish lies into the mix. You would not be happy if someone spread false information about you.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On This Day ( December 30 ), in 2003, The U.S. Hanged Saddam Hussein by Obc1234(m): 8:21pm On Dec 30, 2022
When Iraq was busy bullying Kuwait nobody yarned, Putin is next to be hanged
God bless America

4 Likes

Re: On This Day ( December 30 ), in 2003, The U.S. Hanged Saddam Hussein by tamdun: 8:39pm On Dec 30, 2022
Obc1234:
God bless America
Who do you think supplied Iraq weapons they used to bully those countries?
All u need to do is a little digging,Internet is always there for u

2 Likes

Re: On This Day ( December 30 ), in 2003, The U.S. Hanged Saddam Hussein by panafrican(m): 11:58pm On Dec 30, 2022
Faithful007:
You spread lies and misinformation with impunity. So disgusting.

Saddam was hanged by the Iraqi revolutionary forces and not by the USA. The seals who kept him under house arrest pleaded for his life to spared when they Iraqis came to arrest him. They wanted him exiled instead.
Are you joking ? The Bush administration wanted the guy hanged. That was why the U.S. refused to hand him over to the international tribunal court in the Hague.
Secondly, there is a high probability those covering their heads with the hoodies out there are Americans.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: On This Day ( December 30 ), in 2003, The U.S. Hanged Saddam Hussein by Nobody: 2:59am On Dec 31, 2022
Kuwait was once part of Iraq.
Obc1234:
God bless America

1 Like 1 Share

Re: On This Day ( December 30 ), in 2003, The U.S. Hanged Saddam Hussein by Nobody: 3:00am On Dec 31, 2022
Obc1234:
God bless America

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: On This Day ( December 30 ), in 2003, The U.S. Hanged Saddam Hussein by Faithful007: 3:20am On Dec 31, 2022
panafrican:
Are you joking ? The Bush administration wanted the guy hanged. That was why the U.S. refused to hand him over to the international tribunal court in the Hague.
Secondly, there is a high probability those covering their heads with the hoodies out there are Americans.
Show me your evidence, the Bush administration had nothing to do with the trial. Independent investigations even showed that though the trial was flawed to an extent, it was because the shia Iraqis who Americans pushed to power hated Saddam.

The bolded is another cock and bull allegation you'll never have evidence for. They even spoke to each other in their native language.

2 Likes

Re: On This Day ( December 30 ), in 2003, The U.S. Hanged Saddam Hussein by Nobody: 7:23am On Dec 31, 2022
Please stop this devil advocate thing. The Americans were totally in control of Iraq at that point and if they wanted Saddam to live they would give the order. Saddam's blood is on their head and if another super power emerges tomorrow and revisits this case, George W Bush should be tried for war crimes even if he is no more alive by then.
Faithful007:
Show me your evidence, the Bush administration had nothing to do with the trial. Independent investigations even showed that though the trial was flawed to an extent, it was because the shia Iraqis who Americans pushed to power hated Saddam.

The bolded is another cock and bull allegation you'll never have evidence for. They even spoke to each other in their native language.
Re: On This Day ( December 30 ), in 2003, The U.S. Hanged Saddam Hussein by opamoses1: 6:39pm On Dec 31, 2022
What will we not see on Nairaland. Some people here are hero worshipping Saddam Hussein.

Sadam had it coming. Live by the sword.
Some atrocities of Saddam below. This does not even cover that of his Sons.

Iraqi Air Force fired rockets and napalm into Halabja’s residential areas followed by a poison gas attack. Some 3,000-5,000 innocent civilian Kurds, mostly women and children, were killed and 10,000 or more severely injured. The Kurdish genocide was the most brutal gas attack since poison gas was outlawed after World War I.

1974: At least five Shia religious leaders are killed and possibly dozens more.

1970s - 2003: 270 mass graves are found, leading to charges of the killing of tens of thousands of people.

1982: Following an assassination attempt against Saddam Hussein during a visit to Dujail, 148 people are killed in the village.

1983: 8,000 male members of the Kurdish Barzani tribe in the northern province of Arbil are arrested and deported to southern Iraq. Decades later the remains of 512 Barzani men were discovered in a mass grave. They were reinterred in 2005. A letter that shows Saddam's direct involvement in the crimes was discovered in Baghdad.

1988: The Anfal ('Spoils') campaign is designed to depopulate the Kurdish regions in northern Iraq. Up to 182,000 people are killed or die from cold and hunger and entire villages are razed.

1988: A chemical attack against the Kurdish village of Halabja kills 5,000 people in one day during the Anfal campaign. The attack is carried out under the command of General Ali Hassan al-Majid, earning him the moniker Chemical Ali.

1990: Invading Kuwait. Saddam demands that Kuwait forgive the debts taken on by Iraq during the Iran war, then invades his tiny, oil-rich neighbor. Following the invasion by Iraq, hundreds of Kuwaiti civilians are rounded up and tortured, and many are brought back to Iraq as hostages. About 700 oil wells are set alight, polluting the Persian Gulf.

1991: Thousands die in the aftermath of the Gulf War when uprisings by Kurds in the north and Shias in the south are suppressed.

1996: Father-in-Law from Hell. Orders killing of two sons-in-law who had, in 1995, defected to Jordan and revealed details of Saddam's weapons programs. They had returned to Baghdad after receiving guarantees of safety, and were murdered by a mob.

1999: Ayatollah Muhammed al-Sadr, father of prominent Shiite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr, and two of his sons were assassinated in 1999. Al-Sadr was a well-liked Shiite leader, and his death spawned Shiite uprisings in Baghdad. As he had previously, Saddam cracked down on the rebellion and hundreds were killed.

1 Like

Re: On This Day ( December 30 ), in 2003, The U.S. Hanged Saddam Hussein by Nobody: 8:01pm On Dec 31, 2022
Please tell me what Saddam has done that George W Bush or Obama has not done worse? Notice that most of Saddam's crimes were committed against America's enemies with the active support of America. He became their enemy when he invaded Kuwait. Please, all his accomplices like George W Bush and Bill Clinton should also be hanged.
opamoses1:
What will we not see on Nairaland. Some people here are hero worshipping Saddam Hussein.

Sadam had it coming. Live by the sword.
Some atrocities of Saddam below. This does not even cover that of his Sons.

Iraqi Air Force fired rockets and napalm into Halabja’s residential areas followed by a poison gas attack. Some 3,000-5,000 innocent civilian Kurds, mostly women and children, were killed and 10,000 or more severely injured. The Kurdish genocide was the most brutal gas attack since poison gas was outlawed after World War I.

1974: At least five Shia religious leaders are killed and possibly dozens more.

1970s - 2003: 270 mass graves are found, leading to charges of the killing of tens of thousands of people.

1982: Following an assassination attempt against Saddam Hussein during a visit to Dujail, 148 people are killed in the village.

1983: 8,000 male members of the Kurdish Barzani tribe in the northern province of Arbil are arrested and deported to southern Iraq. Decades later the remains of 512 Barzani men were discovered in a mass grave. They were reinterred in 2005. A letter that shows Saddam's direct involvement in the crimes was discovered in Baghdad.

1988: The Anfal ('Spoils') campaign is designed to depopulate the Kurdish regions in northern Iraq. Up to 182,000 people are killed or die from cold and hunger and entire villages are razed.

1988: A chemical attack against the Kurdish village of Halabja kills 5,000 people in one day during the Anfal campaign. The attack is carried out under the command of General Ali Hassan al-Majid, earning him the moniker Chemical Ali.

1990: Invading Kuwait. Saddam demands that Kuwait forgive the debts taken on by Iraq during the Iran war, then invades his tiny, oil-rich neighbor. Following the invasion by Iraq, hundreds of Kuwaiti civilians are rounded up and tortured, and many are brought back to Iraq as hostages. About 700 oil wells are set alight, polluting the Persian Gulf.

1991: Thousands die in the aftermath of the Gulf War when uprisings by Kurds in the north and Shias in the south are suppressed.

1996: Father-in-Law from Hell. Orders killing of two sons-in-law who had, in 1995, defected to Jordan and revealed details of Saddam's weapons programs. They had returned to Baghdad after receiving guarantees of safety, and were murdered by a mob.

1999: Ayatollah Muhammed al-Sadr, father of prominent Shiite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr, and two of his sons were assassinated in 1999. Al-Sadr was a well-liked Shiite leader, and his death spawned Shiite uprisings in Baghdad. As he had previously, Saddam cracked down on the rebellion and hundreds were killed.
Re: On This Day ( December 30 ), in 2003, The U.S. Hanged Saddam Hussein by Otobong3374(m): 8:33pm On Dec 31, 2022
nairalander2020:
US have done more agressor on soveriegn state than russia.
Shut Ur F*cking Mouth Up, Okay? Since U Don't Know What Say About America. If Not America I Don't Think U As A Rat Could Live In This World. Keep Ur Fucking Mouth Shut & Look At How America Is Keeping Silent For The People Of Nigeria Are Being Kill By Boko Haram. This Idiot, Doesn't Know That If Not America Many Terrorist Countries Could Have Distroyed This World With Nuclear Weapons.

3 Likes

Re: On This Day ( December 30 ), in 2003, The U.S. Hanged Saddam Hussein by Otobong3374(m): 8:39pm On Dec 31, 2022
panafrican:
Stop Saying What U Did Not See With Ur Eyes Bcs Saddam Was Hanged By His People

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: On This Day ( December 30 ), in 2003, The U.S. Hanged Saddam Hussein by Enugurangers: 8:55pm On Dec 31, 2022
Otobong3374:
Shut Ur F*cking Mouth Up, Okay? Since U Don't Know What Say About America. If Not America I Don't Think U As A Rat Could Live In This World. Keep Ur Fucking Mouth Shut & Look At How America Is Keeping Silent For The People Of Nigeria Are Being Kill By Boko Haram. This Idiot, Doesn't Know That If Not America Many Terrorist Countries Could Have Distroyed This World With Nuclear Weapons.
You are right. If not for America, Africa itself would have been taken over by radical Muslim terrorists. Same as the middle East.

3 Likes

Re: On This Day ( December 30 ), in 2003, The U.S. Hanged Saddam Hussein by panafrican(m): 9:06pm On Dec 31, 2022
Enugurangers:

You are right. If not for America, Africa itself would have been taken over by radical Muslim terrorists. Same as the middle East.
America is in bed with ISIS.
Want a proof? Check what is going on in Syria.

1 Like

Re: On This Day ( December 30 ), in 2003, The U.S. Hanged Saddam Hussein by Oches4me(m): 11:48pm On Dec 31, 2022
Otobong3374:
American Slave.
Re: On This Day ( December 30 ), in 2003, The U.S. Hanged Saddam Hussein by joyandfaith: 2:47pm On Jan 01, 2023
panafrican:

Iraqi court ordered him to be hanged. Shia executioners hanged him.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2007/jan/01/iraq.iraqtimeline

2 Likes

Re: On This Day ( December 30 ), in 2003, The U.S. Hanged Saddam Hussein by Otobong3374(m): 2:40pm On Jan 02, 2023
Enugurangers:

My Brother That Useless Idiot Doesn't Know Anything.

2 Likes

Re: On This Day ( December 30 ), in 2003, The U.S. Hanged Saddam Hussein by Watcharena: 3:30pm On Jan 02, 2023
Otobong3374:
Look At This Fucking Idiot That Is About To Die In Poor Country. I Know U Come From Nigeria That Is Ruled By Boko Haram Dictator. I Can See, Very Soon Boko Haram, Herds Men & Bandit Would Bucher You Like Cow Meat, Hahahahahaha. Instead Of Me To Remain As A Slave In Nigeria Let Me Remain As A Slave In America. Poverty Is Not Allow You To Obtain American Passport & Visa. I Know U Are Desperate About That, Idiot. I Have Seen What American Government Has Done In This World & And They Have Tried To Matigate Terrorist Organization Some Countries. Mention Good Things Russia Has Done To The World Let Me See. Most Of The Problem That Is Going On In Your Shithole Country Come From Russia. Russia Is A Country That Keep On Selling Ak 47 Gun For Nigerian Terrorists. America Can Never Come To Rescue Nigerians From Terrorist Organization Because So Many Nigerian Leaders Are Terrorist. The Election Has Come All Nigerian Leaders Are About To Import Ak 47 Gun.
your are using a Nigerian platform provided by Nigerian to abuse Nigeria , I can assure you you will not be able to reply this my message within the next 24 hours , if you have issue with some one sort it out with him but don't drag Nigeria in the mud
Re: On This Day ( December 30 ), in 2003, The U.S. Hanged Saddam Hussein by Otobong3374(m): 7:28pm On Jan 02, 2023
Watcharena:
your are using a Nigerian platform provided by Nigerian to abuse Nigeria , I can assure you you will not be able to reply this my message within the next 24 hours , if you have issue with some one sort it out with him but don't drag Nigeria in the mud
Where This Authentic Maggot Come From? Oh! He's From Useless Shithole. I Don't Think U Have What Is Called Sense In Your Head. I Can See The Reason Why Nigeria Cannot Advance Like Some Other Westerner Countries, It Is Because So Many Brainless Nigerians Are Too Many Than Those That Have Sense. When U Are Using Social Media, Try To Use What Is Sense & Stop Talking Like A Maniac Who Does Not Walk With Intellectual Gravity.

2 Likes

Re: On This Day ( December 30 ), in 2003, The U.S. Hanged Saddam Hussein by panafrican(m): 1:38am On Jan 03, 2023
Otobong3374:
Look At This Fucking Idiot That Is About To Die In Poor Country. I Know U Come From Nigeria That Is Ruled By Boko Haram Dictator. I Can See, Very Soon Boko Haram, Herds Men & Bandit Would Bucher You Like Cow Meat, Hahahahahaha. Instead Of Me To Remain As A Slave In Nigeria Let Me Remain As A Slave In America. Poverty Is Not Allow You To Obtain American Passport & Visa. I Know U Are Desperate About That, Idiot. I Have Seen What American Government Has Done In This World & And They Have Tried To Matigate Terrorist Organization Some Countries. Mention Good Things Russia Has Done To The World Let Me See. Most Of The Problem That Is Going On In Your Shithole Country Come From Russia. Russia Is A Country That Keep On Selling Ak 47 Gun For Nigerian Terrorists. America Can Never Come To Rescue Nigerians From Terrorist Organization Because So Many Nigerian Leaders Are Terrorist. The Election Has Come All Nigerian Leaders Are About To Import Ak 47 Gun.
A Brainwashed slave rant. That brain is bleeped up after being knocked at for 400 years.
You even don't know how you are and where you are.
No surprise you are a minority in the American society and in the meantime the majority in U.S. prisons.
Throw your brain away or you and your descendants will remain messed up .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: On This Day ( December 30 ), in 2003, The U.S. Hanged Saddam Hussein by Watcharena: 5:48am On Jan 03, 2023
panafrican:

A Brainwashed slave rant. That brain is bleeped up after being knocked at for 400 years.
No surprise you are a minority in the American society and in the meantime the majority in U.S. prisons.
please have mercy on his he is currently serving ban

2 Likes

Re: On This Day ( December 30 ), in 2003, The U.S. Hanged Saddam Hussein by Otobong3374(m): 7:58pm On Jan 03, 2023
panafrican:

Hahahahaha. Look At Boko Haram Meat Screaming Like My Puppet. What The F*uck Are You Talking About? Fucking Fool Is Thinkin About The Poverty That Is Roaming In Nigeria. My Puppet, Sorry I'm In America & I'm Not Coming To Your Dirty Country That Fill Up With Brainless People. F*uck Your Head Down, Gun Is On Your Fucking Head. Bitch, Stop Screaming Your Food Is Not Ready & I Know Food Shortage Is So Rampant In Shithole Countries.

1 Like

Re: On This Day ( December 30 ), in 2003, The U.S. Hanged Saddam Hussein by panafrican(m): 1:31pm On Jan 04, 2023
Otobong3374:
Hahahahaha. Look At Boko Haram Meat Screaming Like My Puppet. What The Bleep Are You Talking About? Fucking Fool Is Think About The Poverty That Is Roaming In Nigeria. My Puppet, Sorry I'm In America & I'm Not Coming To Your Dirty Country That Fill Up With Brainless People. Bleep Your Head Down, Gun Is On Your Fucking Head. Bitch, Stop Screaming Is Not Read & I Know Food Shortage Is So Rampant In Shithole Countries.
You not coming here is a gain . You are a stranger in you own [b]KKK[/b]ountry any way.
Homeless in your own country, eating from garbage bag to garbage bags and dumpsters, not knowing if you are a man or a woman. Your male population is not only being depleted by jail, it is also being womanized at an exponential rate. It is shame your skin is Black.
Re: On This Day ( December 30 ), in 2003, The U.S. Hanged Saddam Hussein by Otobong3374(m): 1:56pm On Jan 05, 2023
panafrican:

You not coming here is a gain . You are a stranger in you own [b]KKK[/b]ountry any way.
Homeless in your own country, eating from garbage bag to garbage bags and dumpsters, not knowing if you are a man or a woman. Your male population is not only being depleted by jail, it is also being womanized at an exponential rate. It is shame your skin is Black.

Stop Wailing Motherfucker, I Know You Are Tasty & Food Shortages In Nigeria Is So Rampant. Stop Crying Like A Puppet, I Know As A Bitch You Won't Be Able To Leave Bitch Nest. F*ck You Black Monkey.
Re: On This Day ( December 30 ), in 2003, The U.S. Hanged Saddam Hussein by Watcharena: 5:17pm On Jan 05, 2023
Otobong3374:
Stop Wailing Motherfucker, I Know You Are Tasty & Food Shortages In Nigeria Is So Rampant. Stop Crying Like A Puppet, I Know As A Bitch You Won't Be Able To Leave Bitch Nest. F*ck You Black Monkey.
you have not learned anything just came back from nan , and you are till committing the same.wel you are going back again
Re: On This Day ( December 30 ), in 2003, The U.S. Hanged Saddam Hussein by Otobong3374(m): 9:54pm On Jan 05, 2023
Watcharena:
you have not learned anything just came back from nan , and you are till committing the same.wel you are going back again
This Motherfucker Doesn't Walk With Brain. I Know African Infection Is Eating Up Your Fucking Arain.

(1) (Reply)

There Are More Muslims Than Christians In Israel / Security Beefed Up Around The Man Of The Moment Obama / Is The US Right In Continuing 2 Act As The World's Saviour?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.