Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,584 members, 7,837,205 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

How much does custom charge to Import a phone from Aliexpress? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How much does custom charge to Import a phone from Aliexpress? (3666 Views)

Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs / Pls How Much Do Custom Charge On Phones Via DHL / The Item I Ordered From Aliexpress Hijacked In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How much does custom charge to Import a phone from Aliexpress? by DAVECENA(m): 9:05am On Jan 01, 2023
uthor=Umueme post=119573717]As someone using Aliexpress for 7 years plus now, it's relatably safe. Your item has a 90% probability of not arriving if you use free shipping (like cainao shipping.......) that arrives in two months plus. Use Aliexpress shipping, it'll arrive (through speedaf).

The custom fees are paid together during purchase. But in some rare cases (very rare) you'd pay at the post office (if they sent it to post office) I've paid maximum of 1k at post office so it's not bad.

At the OP, I bought an item of 300+ USD and didn't pay a dime for customs. But if you're skeptical, tell the vendor to label it as gift. Ndewo[/quote]

Woah. Thanks, I really appreciate man. But when I go through the reviews of other persons who purchased the product, they claim to have paid import duties and none paid less than $100. When did you buy yours?
Re: How much does custom charge to Import a phone from Aliexpress? by DAVECENA(m): 9:06am On Jan 01, 2023
Umueme:
As someone using Aliexpress for 7 years plus now, it's relatably safe. Your item has a 90% probability of not arriving if you use free shipping (like cainao shipping.......) that arrives in two months plus. Use Aliexpress shipping, it'll arrive (through speedaf).

The custom fees are paid together during purchase. But in some rare cases (very rare) you'd pay at the post office (if they sent it to post office) I've paid maximum of 1k at post office so it's not bad.

At the OP, I bought an item of 300+ USD and didn't pay a dime for customs. But if you're skeptical, tell the vendor to label it as gift. Ndewo

Woah. Thanks, I really appreciate man. But when I went through the reviews of other persons who purchased the product, they claim to have paid import duties and none paid less than $100. When did you buy yours?
Re: How much does custom charge to Import a phone from Aliexpress? by DAVECENA(m): 9:09am On Jan 01, 2023
crackhouse:
Once u choose your item and want to make,payment it will sum up the phone price and the shipping price. U will see the cost of shipping there

Yes, I know bruh. I've bought a couple of items on the site but not this huge. Based on the reviews I've read on the site, people often have to pay import duties when it arrived their country. So that's why I'm asking to know how much it cost in Nigeria. And it's somewhat surprising because the phone in question is twice the price in Nigerian stores.
Re: How much does custom charge to Import a phone from Aliexpress? by crackhouse(m): 3:06pm On Jan 01, 2023
DAVECENA:

Yes, I know bruh. I've bought a couple of items on the site but not this huge. Based on the reviews I've read on the site, people often have to pay import duties when it arrived their country. So that's why I'm asking to know how much it cost in Nigeria. And it's somewhat surprising because the phone in question is twice the price in Nigerian stores.
Ask the seller. They should be able to tell u how much it will cost that's if u are buying a large quantity of items. Sometimes they can link u up with a clearing agent if you make the request. Just chat the seller

1 Like

Re: How much does custom charge to Import a phone from Aliexpress? by credon: 6:46am On Jan 02, 2023
Why not look for people here on nairaland that ship from aliexpress, they ship other items that can reduce the shipping cost of your single item
Re: How much does custom charge to Import a phone from Aliexpress? by Coolgent(m): 10:07pm On Oct 16, 2023
Chee59:

But how can one do this? To contact the seller before shipment.
Customs don't charge item below 50 dollars?
Awaiting your reply.
Thanks
Re: How much does custom charge to Import a phone from Aliexpress? by Chee59(f): 11:37pm On Oct 19, 2023
Coolgent:

Customs don't charge item below 50 dollars?
Awaiting your reply.
Thanks
I don't know na

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mtn Happylink / Finally, The Wait Ends As TECNO Launches Phantom 9 With AI Triple Camera. / #100 For 1gb; Don't Miss Airtel Weekend Data Offer For This Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.