Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,346 members, 7,829,879 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Read : Before You Japa To UK For Teaching - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Read : Before You Japa To UK For Teaching (1197 Views)

Is Dressing Like These Morally Wrong & Unethical For Teaching Profession? Photos / Books You Should Read Before You Die / 12-Year-Old Chika Ofili Awarded In UK For His New Discovery In Maths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Read : Before You Japa To UK For Teaching by Jahlivesforever: 9:00pm On Dec 30, 2022
KNOW THIS BEFORE YOU JAPA

The UK is planning to ship in teachers from other countries such as Nigeria... and as usual, the unsuspecting are selling the entire family assets to "japa"

One (or two) question one must ask though: Does this means there are no teachers in the UK??
Where are all the home trained and qualified British teachers?

The fact of the matter is that just as nursing in the Government sector (NHS) , teaching has become a highly toxic profession in the UK - with long hours, staff shortages, unpaid overtime, desperately reduced back-up resources and pay non reflective of the amount of work done.

Many trained and highly qualified nurses are opting to work in the more lucrative private sector or nursing agencies where there is better pay, and more convenient working patterns.

UK teachers are also leaving the profession in droves. The older ones are retiring but are not being replaced. Younger teaching graduates are taking up more attractive positions in Dubai, Saudi Arabia and Qatar.

But the most notable reason teaching as a profession in the UK has become unattractive is not due to the lack of posts or vacancies. The opposite is the case. There are thousands of vacancies but very few candidates willing to take them up. Brexit has also resulted in the serious depletion of qualified Easter European workforce in the UK. Hence the overseas call-up.

Nevertheless, eager japaists must be well aware of the following before they quit their current job and relocate to the UK

1. The UK with its children's charter, is breeding highly protected and thus inadvertently highly unteachable, highly undisciplined and highlty entitled children

2. Unlike in Nigeria, you are not allowed to:
a. Verbally reprimand a child
b. Physically punish a child
c. Exclude a child
d. Shout at a child
e. Victimise or appear to be victimising a child
f. Publicly embarrass, humiliate or shame a child
g. Disrespect a child
h. Use certain words such as: boy, girl, mother, father, etc. as some children identify as binary (no gender). Also, some children have parents that are both male or both female
i. You cannot be over-friendly with a student or use certain sexual innuendos or words that can be misconstrued as flirtatious no matter you intentions.

3. Many UK trained teachers who are also nationals and products of the UK system have been frustrated out of the job because of these rules basically putting all classroom power into the hands of the children, with very little if any protection for themselves.
So many of them have found themselves losing their jobs, facing prosecution or even being struck off, unable to practice ever again - for even just as little as being unaware of the least of the above rules!

Please tell me how a Nigerian teacher with no boundaries expects to fit-in this system?�

Think before you japa o.
Not all that glitters is gold.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Read : Before You Japa To UK For Teaching by Nobody: 9:13pm On Dec 30, 2022
You are damn right and it applies to all sectors!

Do Nigerians have a choice?

At the worst over there, the situation is still better than Nigeria and why I always encourage Japa!

The whole open UK and Canada immigration, is just a form of “Modernized Slavery”. Those countries know what they are doing.

Nigerians don’t have an option and it will be unfair to blame them knowing even at the worst, it’s still better over there!

2 Likes

Re: Read : Before You Japa To UK For Teaching by Nobody: 1:29am On Dec 31, 2022
Jahlivesforever:
KNOW THIS BEFORE YOU JAPA

The UK is planning to ship in teachers from other countries such as Nigeria... and as usual, the unsuspecting are selling the entire family assets to "japa"

One (or two) question one must ask though: Does this means there are no teachers in the UK??
Where are all the home trained and qualified British teachers?

The fact of the matter is that just as nursing in the Government sector (NHS) , teaching has become a highly toxic profession in the UK - with long hours, staff shortages, unpaid overtime, desperately reduced back-up resources and pay non reflective of the amount of work done.

Many trained and highly qualified nurses are opting to work in the more lucrative private sector or nursing agencies where there is better pay, and more convenient working patterns.

UK teachers are also leaving the profession in droves. The older ones are retiring but are not being replaced. Younger teaching graduates are taking up more attractive positions in Dubai, Saudi Arabia and Qatar.

But the most notable reason teaching as a profession in the UK has become unattractive is not due to the lack of posts or vacancies. The opposite is the case. There are thousands of vacancies but very few candidates willing to take them up. Brexit has also resulted in the serious depletion of qualified Easter European workforce in the UK. Hence the overseas call-up.

Nevertheless, eager japaists must be well aware of the following before they quit their current job and relocate to the UK

1. The UK with its children's charter, is breeding highly protected and thus inadvertently highly unteachable, highly undisciplined and highlty entitled children

2. Unlike in Nigeria, you are not allowed to:
a. Verbally reprimand a child
b. Physically punish a child
c. Exclude a child
d. Shout at a child
e. Victimise or appear to be victimising a child
f. Publicly embarrass, humiliate or shame a child
g. Disrespect a child
h. Use certain words such as: boy, girl, mother, father, etc. as some children identify as binary (no gender). Also, some children have parents that are both male or both female
i. You cannot be over-friendly with a student or use certain sexual innuendos or words that can be misconstrued as flirtatious no matter you intentions.

3. Many UK trained teachers who are also nationals and products of the UK system have been frustrated out of the job because of these rules basically putting all classroom power into the hands of the children, with very little if any protection for themselves.
So many of them have found themselves losing their jobs, facing prosecution or even being struck off, unable to practice ever again - for even just as little as being unaware of the least of the above rules!

Please tell me how a Nigerian teacher with no boundaries expects to fit-in this system?�

Think before you japa o.
Not all that glitters is gold.

how can i apply please, i dont care about your warnings i just want to leave this country

7 Likes

Re: Read : Before You Japa To UK For Teaching by obawinner(m): 2:54am On Dec 31, 2022
When Grammer school were fighting and teachers had to run inside ceiling you did not say anything.

When teacher were not paid during the strike you did not say anything.

Teachers come to your house for lessons offered them below minimum wages you did not say anything.

When teacher were struggling to understand teaching online during covid, you said they're going to be disaster.

Save the Nigerianteaching professionals the stress sermons. Na only UK just gave options, you don dey write episode, other countries will follow soon.

3 Likes

Re: Read : Before You Japa To UK For Teaching by jesmond3945: 9:01am On Dec 31, 2022
Frontpage
Re: Read : Before You Japa To UK For Teaching by IseOluwa777(m): 3:19pm On Dec 31, 2022
A good number of the Japa teachers may end up in jail over there, because it will be almost impossible not to break one of these impossible child charter rules, coming from a Nigerian background.
Re: Read : Before You Japa To UK For Teaching by Jayboi(m): 3:19pm On Dec 31, 2022
This doesn't certainly apply to teachers who governments are owing several months of salaries with poor living conditions or private school teachers on less than 20k basic incomes. Who cares whether the UK students are unruly or not. I can bet u that even if the UK requests for 1million naira before pple can apply for this, dem go see thousands of applications so tey dem go stop am.
Re: Read : Before You Japa To UK For Teaching by Nobody: 6:46pm On Dec 31, 2022
If you reach there and the children dey mess up you simply look for another job na!

Me self, if I land in UK for that teaching job I will use pigeon language for my instructions as a payback.

Britain has finished our money on GRE, IELTS and TOEFL exams
Re: Read : Before You Japa To UK For Teaching by xristos(m): 7:30pm On Dec 31, 2022
noteworthy tho..but many gat no choice
Re: Read : Before You Japa To UK For Teaching by Eveezy(m): 8:46pm On Oct 29, 2023
IseOluwa777:
A good number of the Japa teachers may end up in jail over there, because it will be almost impossible not to break one of these impossible child charter rules, coming from a Nigerian background.
Hi Good evening, I will love to reach out to you regarding dog related matters

(1) (Reply)

FSB Scholarship: Nigerian Awards 2023 (Things to Know) / Visit To Faculty Of Engineering At University Of Benin Ugbowo Campus Benincity / Dirct Entry Forms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.