Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:32 AM

Engine Or Body? Which Is More Important When Buying A Car? Enter To Win N10,000 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Engine Or Body? Which Is More Important When Buying A Car? Enter To Win N10,000 (1564 Views)

7 Features To Look Out For When Buying A Car / Documents To Collect When Buying A Tokunbo Car In Nigeria / Advice Needed For A Sienna: 2gr Engine Or 3mz Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Engine Or Body? Which Is More Important When Buying A Car? Enter To Win N10,000 by onlinediva: 6:22am On Dec 31, 2022
Buying a car or vehicle is quite good because it makes mobility easier and life good, but buying a good one is significant. Just as people argue who the real G.O. A. T is between Messi and Ronaldo when watching football matches is how people argue about which is more IMPORTANT between BODY and ENGINE when buying a vehicle.

On this thread, we want the battle to start on which is more important between BODY and ENGINE when buying a vehicle, and a comment will be selected to win N10,000, or its equivalent in USD. So, therefore, let your comments keep coming in so that people can learn and you also stand the chance of winning the sum of money.

Drop your contribution, and as well feel free to click here => https://www.autosandcartalk.com/threads/which-is-more-important-to-consider-when-buying-a-car-vehicle.703/ to read interesting comments from people on the subject matter and the comment that won N10,000.
Re: Engine Or Body? Which Is More Important When Buying A Car? Enter To Win N10,000 by onlinediva: 6:25am On Dec 31, 2022
As you can see in the image attached, N10,000 was sent to the winner.

Best comment in here will also win N10,000 from Autos and Cartalk Limited

Re: Engine Or Body? Which Is More Important When Buying A Car? Enter To Win N10,000 by Osobi32(m): 7:13am On Dec 31, 2022
When buying a car, I focus more on the body,chassis and interior. Once the body of a vehicle is intact and the engine is bad I will just get a new engine and replace it. Once the body of a car is bad, most times it is very difficult to get it back to shape

8 Likes

Re: Engine Or Body? Which Is More Important When Buying A Car? Enter To Win N10,000 by Nobody: 7:25am On Dec 31, 2022
Both. But most people ll think it's engine that mattered. Whereas, body is difficult to get.

1 Like

Re: Engine Or Body? Which Is More Important When Buying A Car? Enter To Win N10,000 by Tenshades(m): 7:27am On Dec 31, 2022
Although, the body of a vehicle matters in terms of aerodynamics and aesthetics but the reliability of a vehicle is determined mostly by its engine.

Factors like;

How the engine responds to your road stimuli,

The engine's performance when it responds to you,

Its fuel consumption, and

How easily it can't be maintained.

Should be considered first

A car with a sexy/aggressive body with nothing but akamu under its hood is as good as a dead lizard.

1 Like

Re: Engine Or Body? Which Is More Important When Buying A Car? Enter To Win N10,000 by Mrkumareze(m): 7:49am On Dec 31, 2022
In the event u have to choose from 2 cars, one with good engine but bad body. Another qith good body with bad engine. I ll do thr calculation to ascertain the body parts needed to be changed, co.pare it with engine cost. Whichever is cheaper, I ll go for it...
But, I prefer body, I can easily buy a standard engine
Re: Engine Or Body? Which Is More Important When Buying A Car? Enter To Win N10,000 by slimmoney(m): 6:48pm On Dec 31, 2022
when buying a car the body, interior and ac is more important than the engine, if the engine is bad just commot am and replace it nd u are good to go, but if body is bad u sef go hate the car after paying.
Re: Engine Or Body? Which Is More Important When Buying A Car? Enter To Win N10,000 by cmoney22222: 12:29am On Jan 01, 2023
Body
Re: Engine Or Body? Which Is More Important When Buying A Car? Enter To Win N10,000 by onlinediva: 4:22am On Jan 01, 2023
Thanks to everyone for your contributions; keep them coming.

Happy new year!
Re: Engine Or Body? Which Is More Important When Buying A Car? Enter To Win N10,000 by juri: 5:20pm On Jan 01, 2023
onlinediva:
which is more IMPORTANT between BODY and ENGINE when buying a vehicle.

As a general rule, I think both are important. However, the answer may depend on the apraoch to the question. Let's say Mr. A wants to buy a car, and he happens to be more concerned with the aesthetics than anything else, then, if given the option, he may likely consider the body of the car more important than the engine. Or let's say the Mr. B has a budget he wants to spend on buying a car, confronted with the question of which is more important, he may simply do a mathematical calculation that for instance will consider in between the body and the engine of a car in question, which one will he likely spend less in order maintain in the long or short run as the case may be. Which one will he likely for example, spend less on in order to repair if in the particular instance he has to choose between a bad/fairly good/excellent, etc of the body or the engine of a car in question. What will determine importance here for Mr. B is money/finance.

In the two examples above, the response will have to be a subjective one because the persons involved are goin to give answers relative to their own unique circumstance.

But when the question is viewed from a somewhat objective standpoint, the apraoch in my opinion may have to change. A car is basically meant to convey you from point A to point B. What enable this to become a reality is substancilly (remember I say substancialy), the engine of the car. So in my opinion, if a care can take you from point A to B, it has fulfilled a basic function of what a car should do or what makes it to be ascribed that basic identifier as a motor vehicle.

Other aesthetics encompassed in the body of the car like convinience, beauty or desighn of the car, colour, etc, are substancialy atributes in making the experience of moving from point A to B more pleasurable, convinient, prestigious etc. In the end, a car is a complicated machine with parts (body, engine, etc), that work together to make the car move forward from point A to B and provide pleasures and convenience for the driver while doing so.

In summary therefore, in my opinion, while both are important, from an objective standpoint, the engine is more important than the body. The engine is the heart of a vehicle.

Hope the lecture is not too long. It's a very interesting question though. Makes you realize that sometimes there is no absolute YES or NO answers.

Thanks.
Re: Engine Or Body? Which Is More Important When Buying A Car? Enter To Win N10,000 by onlinediva: 6:59pm On Jan 01, 2023
juri:

As a general rule, I think both are important. However, the answer may depend on the apraoch to the question. Let's say Mr. A wants to buy a car, and he happens to be more concerned with the aesthetics than anything else, then, if given the option, he may likely consider the body of the car more important than the engine. Or let's say the Mr. B has a budget he wants to spend on buying a car, confronted with the question of which is more important, he may simply do a mathematical calculation that for instance will consider in between the body and the engine of a car in question, which one will he likely spend less in order maintain in the long or short run as the case may be. Which one will he likely for example, spend less on in order to repair if in the particular instance he has to choose between a bad/fairly good/excellent, etc of the body or the engine of a car in question. What will determine importance here for Mr. B is money/finance.

In the two examples above, the response will have to be a subjective one because the persons involved are goin to give answers relative to their own unique circumstance.

But when the question is viewed from a somewhat objective standpoint, the apraoch in my opinion may have to change. A car is basically meant to convey you from point A to point B. What enable this to become a reality is substancilly (remember I say substancialy), the engine of the car. So in my opinion, if a care can take you from point A to B, it has fulfilled a basic function of what a car should do or what makes it to be ascribed that basic identifier as a motor vehicle.

Other aesthetics encompassed in the body of the car like convinience, beauty or desighn of the car, colour, etc, are substancialy atributes in making the experience of moving from point A to B more pleasurable, convinient, prestigious etc. In the end, a car is a complicated machine with parts (body, engine, etc), that work together to make the car move forward from point A to B and provide pleasures and convenience for the driver while doing so.

In summary therefore, in my opinion, while both are important, from an objective standpoint, the engine is more important than the body. The engine is the heart of a vehicle.

Hope the lecture is not too long. It's a very interesting question though. Makes you realize that sometimes there is no absolute YES or NO answers.

Thanks.

Interesting
Re: Engine Or Body? Which Is More Important When Buying A Car? Enter To Win N10,000 by Mayor555(m): 9:46pm On Jan 01, 2023
juri:

Thanks.

I totally disagree.

I'm not in for long notes. So, you might not like my approach.

The question is an actual yes or no question.

Buy a rusted car with a good engine, let's see if it won't fall apart someday, very soon.

Buy an accidented car with a good engine, let's see how safe you are driving it.

Buy a rough and rickety looking car with a good engine, and see how proud you'd be driving.

Buy a stinkingly rough car with a good engine, and let's see how your health and sanity fairs.

Buy a car with most features gone but has a good engine and let's see a how proud you'd be to show it off.

There are numbers of unwritten laws/perspections on the street of car ownership; one of which is 'buy a new engine and you car is as good as new, but not for a rickety looking car'

Circa 2020 replacement engines for popular brands in Nigeria were dirt cheap.

Year 2020 I bought a 07 accord engine for 85k from ladipo while in Ado Ekiti, mind you baranda(commission) dey inside the 85k.

If you work/replace engine, your car will mostly likely start to drive like new..

If you work on a car body, the structural integrity is compromised, your safety ain't assured anymore.

The body is the most important thing to consider purchasing a car...!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Engine Or Body? Which Is More Important When Buying A Car? Enter To Win N10,000 by onlinediva: 11:16pm On Jan 01, 2023
Mayor555:

I totally disagree.

I'm not in for long notes. So, you might not like my approach.

The question is an actual yes or no question.

Buy a rusted car with a good engine, let's see if it won't fall apart someday, very soon.

Buy an accidented car with a good engine, let's see how safe you are driving it.

Buy a rough and rickety looking car with a good engine, and see how proud you'd be driving.

Buy a stinkingly rough car with a good engine, and let's see how your health and sanity fairs.

Buy a car with most features gone but has a good engine and let's see a how proud you'd be to show it off.

There are numbers of unwritten laws/perspections on the street of car ownership; one of which is 'buy a new engine and you car is as good as new, but not for a rickety looking car.

Circa 2020 replacement engines for popular brands in Nigeria were dirt cheap.

Year 2020 I bought a 07 accord engine for 85k from ladipo while in Ado Ekiti, mind you baranda(commission) dey inside the 85k.

If you work/replace engine, your car will mostly likely start to drive like new. If you work on a car body, the structural integrity is compromised, your safety ain't assured anymore.

The body is the most important thing to consider purchasing a car...!

Fantabulous.

Kindly Whatsapp 08050844033 for your N10,000. You can post your phone number here without its last 2 digits for easy identification when you chat the number on Whatsapp.
Re: Engine Or Body? Which Is More Important When Buying A Car? Enter To Win N10,000 by soloehis(m): 11:27pm On Jan 01, 2023
Body is most essential ..engine can be replaced but when the body is bad the car is as good as dead .
Re: Engine Or Body? Which Is More Important When Buying A Car? Enter To Win N10,000 by doggedfighter(f): 1:18am On Jan 02, 2023
onlinediva:

Interesting

So you had to quote everything just to write interesting ?
Re: Engine Or Body? Which Is More Important When Buying A Car? Enter To Win N10,000 by Imgreatjay: 5:44am On Jan 02, 2023
I will prefer to buy a car that is wholesome but in a situation where I am fixed in buying either of the two, I will prefer a car with a good body and a bad engine because of the reselling value. The first attraction of a car is the body then the engine and other things, so if the body is in good shape, I can buy an engine and the car will be alright and if I want to sell it, it can fetch me a reasonable amount of money. But if the body is bad(meaning that the body is not attractive and terrible at sight) and the engine is good, the car will not be attractive and won't have a resell value, replacing the body of the car is not an issue to think about. So in a situation as this, I prefer to buy a car with a good body and bad engine...

1 Like

Re: Engine Or Body? Which Is More Important When Buying A Car? Enter To Win N10,000 by Mayor555(m): 7:28am On Jan 02, 2023
onlinediva:

Fantabulous.

Kindly Whatsapp 08050844033 for your N10,000. You can post your phone number here without its last 2 digits for easy identification when you chat the number on Whatsapp.

For reals?

Thank you sir.

1 Like

Re: Engine Or Body? Which Is More Important When Buying A Car? Enter To Win N10,000 by onlinediva: 10:03am On Jan 02, 2023
Mayor555:

For reals?

Thank you sir.

You are welcome
Re: Engine Or Body? Which Is More Important When Buying A Car? Enter To Win N10,000 by buygala(m): 10:23am On Jan 02, 2023
None is better

Relativity is the key word here. In that it totally depends on what the buyer intends to do with the vehicle..

If it's a private end user or car dealer, prioritising body over engine is expected.. After all, engines can be swapped neatly, but a bad car body can hardly be beaten into shape...Even though I am surprised no one here has mentioned that replacing out of shape car body panels can most times bring them back into shape...

It's a false assumption that car bodies can't be repaired back into shape.. As long as the Chassis and pillars aren't bent, and there is no or minimal rust on the underbody, virtually all body panels can be replaced on vehicles..Most TOKS vehicles come into the country in scrap conditions, but thanks to body panel replacements as opposed to panelbeating dead panels, the vehicles turn out very immaculate... Heck some minimally bent chassis can be straightened even in Nigeria.. Most Panel beaters use the tree-drag method to drag bent Chassis back into shape..

On the other hand, if the buyer wants to use the car for cross-border smuggling, Bush Market trips, Haulage, or even non-executive public transportation, he will likely care less about the body and more about the engine.. If I wan buy moto for my pure water business, you obviously can't expect me to give a shit about the vehicle's body as opposed to its engine....

Moreso that if one prioritises buying a car with a bad engine over one with a bad body, one stands the risk of being unable to identify other problems with the vehicle which will become obvious when the engine is fixed.. Stuff like a defective gear, serious electrical issues, etc may not be obvious if the car engine is bad... But with a bad body, what you see is what you get.. One can easily make provisions and deductions for replacement of new body panels while negotiating the price...

You guys can't really expect me to abandon a vehicle in otherwise great shape with bad doors and bonnet for one with engine problem, when I can simply swap out the defective doors and bonnet for another, paint vehicle and have it back in pristine condition grin..

Talking about safety, airbag replacement isn't rocket science any longer, especially with the ancient vehicles mostly driven in Nigeria...

Na when you too like panel beating body parts, na im you go dey get serious problem with car body cool

Like I said.. E depend on wetin the Pesin wan use the moto for and im choice ... Body isn't everything.. Engine isn't everything.. Every aboki with im kettle

3 Likes

Re: Engine Or Body? Which Is More Important When Buying A Car? Enter To Win N10,000 by id4sho(m): 10:34am On Jan 02, 2023
I rather a vehicle with a bad engine, it can be replaced, engine rebuild and worked on. But getting a car with accident history, bent chassis and worst of all rush. That's a money pit
Re: Engine Or Body? Which Is More Important When Buying A Car? Enter To Win N10,000 by onlinediva: 11:04am On Jan 02, 2023
Mayor555:

For reals?

Thank you sir.

You have been paid.

Re: Engine Or Body? Which Is More Important When Buying A Car? Enter To Win N10,000 by onlinediva: 11:08am On Jan 02, 2023
onlinediva:
Buying a car or vehicle is quite good because it makes mobility easier and life good, but buying a good one is significant. Just as people argue who the real G.O. A. T is between Messi and Ronaldo when watching football matches is how people argue about which is more IMPORTANT between BODY and ENGINE when buying a vehicle.

On this thread, we want the battle to start on which is more important between BODY and ENGINE when buying a vehicle, and a comment will be selected to win N10,000, or its equivalent in USD. So, therefore, let your comments keep coming in so that people can learn and you also stand the chance of winning the sum of money.

Drop your contribution, and as well feel free to click here =>[/b] https://www.autosandcartalk.com/threads/which-is-more-important-to-consider-when-buying-a-car-vehicle.703/ to read interesting comments from people on the subject matter and the comment that won N10,000.

The bolded end stating you should visit https://www.autosandcartalk.com/threads/which-is-more-important-to-consider-when-buying-a-car-vehicle.703/ to see the comment that won N10,000 was an expo.

From all the inputs received so far, BODY got like 60% votes while ENGINE got like 40%; even at Autos and Cartalk (Limited), we have always prioritised BODY over ENGINE, although we look out for the two when sourcing cars for our clients.
Re: Engine Or Body? Which Is More Important When Buying A Car? Enter To Win N10,000 by Mayor555(m): 11:14am On Jan 02, 2023
onlinediva:

You have been paid.

You valid boss.
I really appreciate.
Gotten!!

1 Like

Re: Engine Or Body? Which Is More Important When Buying A Car? Enter To Win N10,000 by id4sho(m): 11:18am On Jan 02, 2023
Mayor555:

You valid boss.
I really appreciate.
Gotten!!
Baba, do give away na cheesy
Re: Engine Or Body? Which Is More Important When Buying A Car? Enter To Win N10,000 by onlinediva: 12:55pm On Jan 02, 2023
Mayor555:

You valid boss.
I really appreciate.
Gotten!!

You are welcome
Re: Engine Or Body? Which Is More Important When Buying A Car? Enter To Win N10,000 by onlinediva: 12:58pm On Jan 02, 2023
id4sho:

Baba, do give away na cheesy

See omo araye
Re: Engine Or Body? Which Is More Important When Buying A Car? Enter To Win N10,000 by Mayor555(m): 9:33pm On Jan 02, 2023
buygala:
None is better

Relativity is the key word here. In that it totally depends on what the buyer intends to do with the vehicle..

If it's a private end user or car dealer, prioritising body over engine is expected.. After all, engines can be swapped neatly, but a bad car body can hardly be beaten into shape...Even though I am surprised no one here has mentioned that replacing out of shape car body panels can most times bring them back into shape...

It's a false assumption that car bodies can't be repaired back into shape.. As long as the Chassis and pillars aren't bent, and there is no or minimal rust on the underbody, virtually all body panels can be replaced on vehicles..Most TOKS vehicles come into the country in scrap conditions, but thanks to body panel replacements as opposed to panelbeating dead panels, the vehicles turn out very immaculate... Heck some minimally bent chassis can be straightened even in Nigeria.. Most Panel beaters use the tree-drag method to drag bent Chassis back into shape..

On the other hand, if the buyer wants to use the car for cross-border smuggling, Bush Market trips, Haulage, or even non-executive public transportation, he will likely care less about the body and more about the engine.. If I wan buy moto for my pure water business, you obviously can't expect me to give a shit about the vehicle's body as opposed to its engine....

Moreso that if one prioritises buying a car with a bad engine over one with a bad body, one stands the risk of being unable to identify other problems with the vehicle which will become obvious when the engine is fixed.. Stuff like a defective gear, serious electrical issues, etc may not be obvious if the car engine is bad... But with a bad body, what you see is what you get.. One can easily make provisions and deductions for replacement of new body panels while negotiating the price...

You guys can't really expect me to abandon a vehicle in otherwise great shape with bad doors and bonnet for one with engine problem, when I can simply swap out the defective doors and bonnet for another, paint vehicle and have it back in pristine condition grin..

Talking about safety, airbag replacement isn't rocket science any longer, especially with the ancient vehicles mostly driven in Nigeria...

Na when you too like panel beating body parts, na im you go dey get serious problem with car body cool

Like I said.. E depend on wetin the Pesin wan use the moto for and im choice ... Body isn't everything.. Engine isn't everything.. Every aboki with im kettle

You missed the point.

I do not expect you to understand.

This ain't your field.

Sit this one out bruv!
Re: Engine Or Body? Which Is More Important When Buying A Car? Enter To Win N10,000 by buygala(m): 4:21am On Jan 03, 2023
Mayor555:

You missed the point.

I do not expect you to understand.

This ain't your field.

Sit this one out bruv!

Yes I did.. Because the question was written in Chinese...and the issue is about Plutonian spaceships not vehicles that most of us have and drive daily.

You and op are the ones who hastily generalised by assuming that everyone buys vehicles for the same reasons, among other assumptions wey una no quite think through.

2 Likes

Re: Engine Or Body? Which Is More Important When Buying A Car? Enter To Win N10,000 by onlinediva: 7:29am On Jan 03, 2023
buygala:

Yes I did.. Because the question was written in Chinese...and the issue is about Plutonian spaceships not vehicles that most of us have and drive daily.

You and op are the ones who hastily generalised by assuming that everyone buys vehicles for the same reasons, among other assumptions wey una no quite think through.

lipsrsealed
Re: Engine Or Body? Which Is More Important When Buying A Car? Enter To Win N10,000 by Mayor555(m): 8:07am On Jan 03, 2023
buygala:

You know I know you too well, to know not to engage you??

I know what you're trying to do.

And this will be my last response to you.
Re: Engine Or Body? Which Is More Important When Buying A Car? Enter To Win N10,000 by buygala(m): 8:48am On Jan 03, 2023
onlinediva:

lipsrsealed

Tunde Legal, you sef don become female for here? grin
Re: Engine Or Body? Which Is More Important When Buying A Car? Enter To Win N10,000 by buygala(m): 8:48am On Jan 03, 2023
Mayor555:

You know I know you too well, to know not to engage you??

I know what you're trying to do.

And this will be my last response to you.

grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

UPDATED - Parasitic Drain On SUV / Help Needed On A Transmission Related Issue. / This Should Buff Right Out...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.