Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,954 members, 7,817,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

300-L Student Discovers His Name Is Not In School Register - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 300-L Student Discovers His Name Is Not In School Register (31167 Views)

Police Parades ABSU 500-L Student Emmanuel Victor Who Killed Rival Cult Member / Man Who Graduated With Third Class From OAU Discovers He’s A Genius In Canada / School Register: Decades Back In Secondary School, Can You Relate?(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 300-L Student Discovers His Name Is Not In School Register by kennisman(m): 4:45pm On Dec 31, 2022
Anything without matric number, that means you are given a fake admission my brother. It's never late go and start over.
Re: 300-L Student Discovers His Name Is Not In School Register by BeardGangJnr1(m): 4:49pm On Dec 31, 2022
Maryjane001:
It is very possible.
I know because I school in UNN too.
Didn't believe in it until it happened to a friend's friend in 200l. It affected her and some other coursemates.
She had a matric number and had been paying school fees even doing course registration. I really felt for her o.
The worst is those that would find out in final year.
U are probably referring to students which UNN admitted more than the quota ,
When jamb discovered it....they had to either switch courses or go home.....
I'm a student too...in UNN
Re: 300-L Student Discovers His Name Is Not In School Register by Omolomo4eva(m): 4:49pm On Dec 31, 2022
Won ti gbe ni handicap niyen
Re: 300-L Student Discovers His Name Is Not In School Register by BeardGangJnr1(m): 4:50pm On Dec 31, 2022
seunny4lif:

Even though if they get it through back doors, that does not mean they wouldn’t have matric no.
He has been paying school fees for 3 good years
He is obviously lying to himself
Obviously.

1 Like

Re: 300-L Student Discovers His Name Is Not In School Register by Owopariola001: 4:52pm On Dec 31, 2022
Andrewkinggg:
That's sad..
I always hear about things like this but I find it hard to believe. Like how were you able to make payment for school fees and hostel fees, register for the semester, attend classes and even sign up for examination dockets. This is why documenting students online and making payments online is very important. It's obvious he was scammed by one of the school officials. Quite unfortunate

It tends to happen back in the days when the admission process and course registration are done fully with paperwork. A primary schoolmate of mine got the shock of her life when she knew her admission was fake, at the time she was already in 300l at EKSU. She would later start over again in a polytechnic.
Re: 300-L Student Discovers His Name Is Not In School Register by Nobody: 4:57pm On Dec 31, 2022
sadiyamuhammad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEDaAp62ywo

A man has said he discovered at 300-level that his name was not in the university official register.

The man made the statement in an interview video posted on TikTok by Arrow House Studios.

This happened to me and my family refused to understand. And I left them since 2002 till date. Not quite easy, but things are getting best!

In the 1 minute clip, the man said he studied at the University of Nigeria, Nsuka, for three years before deciding to change his course.

He wanted to switch from Statistics to Computer Science and it became clear that he was not officially known to the school.

Read more: https://www.legit.ng/people/1512110-s-ubelievable-300-level-student-discovers-university-register-video-viral/
Re: 300-L Student Discovers His Name Is Not In School Register by ify2016: 4:58pm On Dec 31, 2022
sadiyamuhammad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEDaAp62ywo

A man has said he discovered at 300-level that his name was not in the university official register.

The man made the statement in an interview video posted on TikTok by Arrow House Studios.

In the 1 minute clip, the man said he studied at the University of Nigeria, Nsuka, for three years before deciding to change his course.

He wanted to switch from Statistics to Computer Science and it became clear that he was not officially known to the school.

Read more: https://www.legit.ng/people/1512110-s-ubelievable-300-level-student-discovers-university-register-video-viral/

Two things are involved:

1: FAILURE TO BE PATIENT ENOUGH FOR YOUR FORMER FACULTY/DEPARTMENT TO DELIST YOU BEFORE MAKING PAYMENTS FOR SCHOOL FEES FOR THE NEW DEPARTMENT. NOTE THAT THIS PROCESS GOES BEYOND BUYING ONLY CHANGE OF COURSE FORM. DO YOU ACTUALLY HAVE AN INSIDER THAT COULD HAVE ASSISTED YOU TO THE END OF THE PROCESS OR YOU JUST FOLLOWED THE CROWD. MY POINT IS THAT A STRONG PERSON IS NEEDED ( HOD, DEAN, OR STRONG LECTURER TO SUPPORT YOUR PLAN)

2 : DURING MY SCHOOL DAYS, SOME STUDENTS GOT ADMISSION THROUGH SHORTCUT. MAYBE THERE'S SKELETON IN SOME OF THEIR CREDENTIALS. RATHER THAN ADVISING THEM EARLIER, SOME CLOSE ALLIES TO SOME DUBIOUS LECTUERS WOULD ADVICE THE AFFECTED STUDENT TO PLAY ALONG BY PAYING CERTAIN AMOUNT FOR THE LAPSES TO BE WIPED. THIS USUALLY INVOLVED BIG MONEY. THE CONFUSED JAMBIT WOULD SUCCUMB TO THE TRICK. THE NEGATIVE EFFECT IS THAT ON THE LONG RUN, CLEARANCE IS DONE ON EACH LEVEL TO CRITICALLY ASCERTAIN IF A PARTICULAR STUDENT GOT ADMISSION THROUGH GATECRASH. DURING THE COURSE OF STAFF RESHUFFLE, THE AFFECTED STUDENT BECOMES HELPLESS BECAUSE HE IS REGARDED AS A GHOST STUDENT.
Re: 300-L Student Discovers His Name Is Not In School Register by Slurity(m): 5:01pm On Dec 31, 2022
This is not new at at all. My school will wait till your year before sending the list of all those that are officially given admission to each department and ask all other student to come and explain how the get admission. Most of those affected already knew how they get admission, they will just vacate the school quietly, while others that felt they got admission through the right channel will go for clarification. You either implicate yourself or you get justice. The later is very rear
Re: 300-L Student Discovers His Name Is Not In School Register by baralatie(m): 5:04pm On Dec 31, 2022
Simeonjoe1:

True with the advent of university portal, if there's fake admission you'll not be cleared online
That is true!
The current portal system employed by most universities already have the matrix numbers of registered students and wether they have paid dues up to date or not.
At least I know of uni Ibadan and uni lag

1 Like

Re: 300-L Student Discovers His Name Is Not In School Register by peropoliet(m): 5:08pm On Dec 31, 2022
Onvazaa:
be weary of this man is a scammer
Re: 300-L Student Discovers His Name Is Not In School Register by baralatie(m): 5:10pm On Dec 31, 2022
Slurity:
This is not new at at all. My school will wait till your year before sending the list of all those that are officially given admission to each department and ask all other student to come and explain how the get admission. Most of those affected already knew how they get admission, they will just vacate the school quietly, while others that felt they got admission through the right channel will go for clarification. You either implicate yourself or you get justice. The later is very rear
So the university does not have a portal registration system under administration and supervision.
Are you submitting by paperwork till now?

1 Like

Re: 300-L Student Discovers His Name Is Not In School Register by delpee(f): 5:11pm On Dec 31, 2022
This sounds doubtful in this era of online registration. He needs to explain how he got admitted in the first instance.

1 Like

Re: 300-L Student Discovers His Name Is Not In School Register by Onuh211(m): 5:12pm On Dec 31, 2022
I wouldn't have believed this if it did not happen to my elder Brother
Re: 300-L Student Discovers His Name Is Not In School Register by Deicide: 5:22pm On Dec 31, 2022
He avoided the important Question ask

1 Like

Re: 300-L Student Discovers His Name Is Not In School Register by Slurity(m): 5:30pm On Dec 31, 2022
baralatie:

So the university does not have a portal registration system under administration and supervision.
Are you submitting by paperwork till now?
I have left university system about 13 years ago when some university are yet to switch online.
Re: 300-L Student Discovers His Name Is Not In School Register by Slurity(m): 5:37pm On Dec 31, 2022
paxven:
God bless Nigeria
God bless Yoruba land
God bless Igbo land
God bless Arewa land

Thunder scatter Tinubu and his urchins!
how about Atiku supporters? Thunder no go fire them? You guys mumu to the extent that Tinubu isthe only problem you are afraid of, but in actual sense, both Tinubu and Atiku will beat Obi with wide margin, even if Tinubu did not win, Atiku will be the next president. Why are you guys lack political calculations and also filled with hate to this extent.
Re: 300-L Student Discovers His Name Is Not In School Register by chatinent: 5:39pm On Dec 31, 2022
If I have been paying school fees and was given a matric number, registering courses and all that, alaye, I'll take the school to any level. I must be awarded a degree, plus compensation.

2 Likes

Re: 300-L Student Discovers His Name Is Not In School Register by themanderon: 5:52pm On Dec 31, 2022
He should check himself well if he did any biribiri to gain that admission. My university then after verifying your results and finding out you got in through fake results would never inform you. You will only get to know you were never a student when its time for your NYSC. Then the rude shock would sink in.
Re: 300-L Student Discovers His Name Is Not In School Register by Mercury12(m): 6:02pm On Dec 31, 2022
awosejo1955:
No be today...it happened to 2 of my friends during my school days...one of them even discovered when she was in 400L
lol which school is that? Hahaha grin
Re: 300-L Student Discovers His Name Is Not In School Register by Mustiboy(m): 6:13pm On Dec 31, 2022
What has he been doing with his life all this while?
Re: 300-L Student Discovers His Name Is Not In School Register by SnoppyG: 6:16pm On Dec 31, 2022
it happened to a friend of mine. he got to know at 300L in UNAD then . he had to start over again. it wasn't easy on him.
Re: 300-L Student Discovers His Name Is Not In School Register by Fiscus105(m): 6:26pm On Dec 31, 2022
Brownshoe:
It's true , this is how it runs, it normally affect those that bribe to get admission the runs man will not tell you the truth, you will see ur name on admission list even with matric number but all were fake, the lecturers does not concern about that all they do is to teach you and set exàm for you then mark, you will see ur results, but schools now have site or portals so possibility of fake admission is minimal compare to our time then, that was 2008-2014

Oga even without portal or internet, when they gave u fake admission,you must know latest when school want to do matric, unless if u are the most "daftest" in the whole universe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 300-L Student Discovers His Name Is Not In School Register by sparta191(m): 6:43pm On Dec 31, 2022
It happened to my sister in a private polytechnic
Re: 300-L Student Discovers His Name Is Not In School Register by OVikkytan49: 6:46pm On Dec 31, 2022
So UNN dey give students fake admission too?
Re: 300-L Student Discovers His Name Is Not In School Register by Konjiboii: 7:06pm On Dec 31, 2022
He will bounce back,some of us went through more than one school and still turned out good.
Re: 300-L Student Discovers His Name Is Not In School Register by LOKOLESCO(m): 7:08pm On Dec 31, 2022
Thats fake admission for him.
Re: 300-L Student Discovers His Name Is Not In School Register by kode12: 7:17pm On Dec 31, 2022
People with their names not on the register is often as a result of fake admission, admission via man-know-man method where the process wasn't duly completed or the student didn't pass either first or second year and was then withdrawn from study but was not communicated the information.
The truth is, most students with their names not on the register have a fair reason why, but they will not open up for fear of embarrassment.
Re: 300-L Student Discovers His Name Is Not In School Register by Mishael26(m): 7:30pm On Dec 31, 2022
This thing happened to me and one of my friends in one school like dat in the southeast. We discovered when we were in 300 level.

We were actually direct entry students, the registration number was generated manually at the ICT centre and later inputed on the school website. The admin officer in charge generated some registration numbers before embarking on leave but she didn't handover to her colleague properly. ��

If not for the surcharge payment that they wanted every student to pay for the school properties that was destroyed during the protest, we for no know say we no we dey share the same registration number with other students.

Summary, na God �� dey save person no be hardwork or by being too careful.
Re: 300-L Student Discovers His Name Is Not In School Register by Nursepepeye(f): 7:36pm On Dec 31, 2022
awosejo1955:
No be today...it happened to 2 of my friends during my school days...one of them even discovered when she was in 400L
this is technically not possible. Federal University for that matter. Where is his offer of admission letter that carry his Jamb registration number or Remedial/pre degree number? Where is his matriculation number? If you have all these, except you are rusticated, he won't come on internet saying all these rubish expect people sympathy

1 Like

Re: 300-L Student Discovers His Name Is Not In School Register by Mrklemo(m): 7:40pm On Dec 31, 2022
When i was about doing my Nysc registration. I went few days to the closing date. I realized my colleague then used my reg no to mobilize himself... I shock..

I was told to wait for the next batch... I also used his own reg number to mobilize.
I kept asking myself... How is this even possible?.... My reg no should not be used by another person na... Chai.. #Uniuyo
Re: 300-L Student Discovers His Name Is Not In School Register by R0LL0N(m): 7:41pm On Dec 31, 2022
Back door no good o. Chai 3 years waisted
Re: 300-L Student Discovers His Name Is Not In School Register by Nursepepeye(f): 7:41pm On Dec 31, 2022
Now I understand when I watched the video, he left University admission office, he went and collect admission letter from OLUYOLE/AREA10. HE then admitted himself and rusticated himself after 3years grin grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Adaeze: UNIPORT Student Found Dead In Her Apartment / Lady Gets An A In Her Project After Using Burna Boy As Her Case Study / Married In School, Single At Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.