Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,271 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Happy Gregorian New Year. It's 2023. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Happy Gregorian New Year. It's 2023. (428 Views)

It's 2023, We Have Whatsapp, Email, Twitter... Yet INEC Can't Transmit 1 Image? / Last Year It Was Ogbunigwe This Year It's Ebubeagu / Happy New Year: It's 2019 (in New Zealand)! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Happy Gregorian New Year. It's 2023. by dapoRead: 12:39am On Jan 01, 2023
Happy gregorian new year. It's 2023rd year. I am using this moment to remind you of “Kojodá” – {'Ki ṓjṓ dá: may the day be clear(ly foreseen)} which is only half of the calendar year today. By June 1-6 2023(GC) it will be the 10,065th year Kojoda is being celebrated. When you remove 2023 from 10,065 (8,042) you will find out why Isese Lagba.

Say no to cancel Culture.
Koni Baje nigba Tiwa oo..
Ase.
Re: Happy Gregorian New Year. It's 2023. by muyico(m): 1:35am On Jan 01, 2023
dapoRead:
Happy gregorian new year. It's 2023rd year. I am using this moment to remind you of “Kojodá” – {'Ki ṓjṓ dá: may the day be clear(ly foreseen)} which is only half of the calendar year today. By June 1-6 2023(GC) it will be the 10,065th year Kojoda is being celebrated. When you remove 2023 from 10,065 (8,042) you will find out why Isese Lagba.

Ase.
Re: Happy Gregorian New Year. It's 2023. by Righthussle: 1:36am On Jan 01, 2023
dapoRead:

Ase.

Wahala
Re: Happy Gregorian New Year. It's 2023. by Apophenia24k: 1:42am On Jan 01, 2023
Gregorian calendar uses astrology for timing and dating.. nothing more, I see a lot of people attaching all manners of things to it..
Well the earth just completed it movement around the sun today and that's all.
Re: Happy Gregorian New Year. It's 2023. by FreedomArmy: 4:58am On Jan 01, 2023
As in Gregory peter obi
Re: Happy Gregorian New Year. It's 2023. by dapoRead: 10:44am On Jan 01, 2023
Apophenia24k:
Gregorian calendar uses astrology for timing and dating.. nothing more, I see a lot of people attaching all manners of things to it..
Well the earth just completed it movement around the sun today and that's all.

Yes, that is what you were told. Either lies or not.. The truth is, they sha tried to cancel your own culture which pre-dates the gregorian one using all forms of physiological warfare.

Were you taught about your own history before their movement around the sun narrative?

Please know your history first.

The Oduduwa (Yoruba) calendar (Kojoda) according to "Ralaran Uléìmȯkiri Insitute" (ralaran.com) has a year beginning on 3 June of the Gregorian calendar, and an era of 8042 BC. This was also confirmed by the current and the previous Ooni of Ife.

The traditional Oodua (Yoruba) week has four days. The four days that are dedicated to the Orisa go as follow:

Day 1 is dedicated to Obatala (Sopanna, Iyaami, and the Egungun)
Day 2 is dedicated to Orunmila (Esu and Osun) *
Day 3 is dedicated to Ogun (Osoosi)
Day 4 is dedicated to Sango (Oya)

To reconcile with the Gregorian calendar, Yoruba people also measure time in seven days a week and four weeks a month. The four-day calendar was dedicated to the Orisas and the seven day calendar is for doing business.

To me, there is no other way to lie about one nonsense just to make sure people do more Business and as long as it's Business as usual. It can revolved along the sun moon and all the galaxies in the entire universe.. Just make sure it's "Business as usual" narrative..

Islam too has something similar to the lies your just told but those ones is moon. My point is, learn your own history first.
Re: Happy Gregorian New Year. It's 2023. by Apophenia24k: 11:10am On Jan 01, 2023
dapoRead:

Yes, that is what you were told. Either lies or not.. The truth is, they sha tried to cancel your own culture which pre-dates the gregorian one using all forms of physiological warfare.

Were you taught about your own history before their movement around the sun narrative?

Please know your history first.

The Oduduwa (Yoruba) calendar (Kojoda) according to "Ralaran Uléìmȯkiri Insitute" (ralaran.com) has a year beginning on 3 June of the Gregorian calendar, and an era of 8042 BC. This was also confirmed by the current and the previous Ooni of Ife.

The traditional Oodua (Yoruba) week has four days. The four days that are dedicated to the Orisa go as follow:

Day 1 is dedicated to Obatala (Sopanna, Iyaami, and the Egungun)
Day 2 is dedicated to Orunmila (Esu and Osun) *
Day 3 is dedicated to Ogun (Osoosi)
Day 4 is dedicated to Sango (Oya)

To reconcile with the Gregorian calendar, Yoruba people also measure time in seven days a week and four weeks a month. The four-day calendar was dedicated to the Orisas and the seven day calendar is for doing business.

To me, there is no other way to lie about one nonsense just to make sure people do more Business and as long as it's Business as usual. It can revolved along the sun moon and all the galaxies in the entire universe.. Just make sure it's "Business as usual" narrative..

Islam too has something similar to the lies your just told but those ones is moon. My point is, learn your own history first.

Not bad at all and I'm not doubtful.
Just that the white man made everything clear for everyone to understand and they back it up with evidence but what about us?
Our cultures, traditions, and even who we are is hidden behind Ifa or a gods that need spiritual backing for acceptability.
Re: Happy Gregorian New Year. It's 2023. by dapoRead: 11:53am On Jan 01, 2023
Apophenia24k:

Not bad at all and I'm not doubtful.
Just that the white man made everything clear for everyone to understand and they back it up with evidence but what about us?
Our cultures, traditions, and even who we are is hidden behind Ifa or a gods that need spiritual backing for acceptability.

No mind them... Na so so lie lie too them dey use back up.. May be 1% of truth, rest na lie lie. Do you wonder why one of them called the other the empire of lies.. Remember the lie about just 9 Planets in the uniververse? Many were even forced to memorize that lie and you must pass exam with the same lie. Turned out to be too many lies. So many planet in one Galaxy and to even count the number of planents in other galaxies.. o boy...

Can you explain why they stopped using Julius Caesar calendar or Julian carlender? Since the roman empire got defeated and became irelevant, why won't they look for a lie to back up the Gregorian Roman catholic carlender which is only 11 Minutes late or ahead of the Julian carlender.

Think about it. Which lie would you rather believe? Your own traditional identity? A Foreign lie?

Well, My point is, no need to cancel any culture, just learn from it. Just know Isese Lagba. We have already had it before their own.

That is my main point.
Re: Happy Gregorian New Year. It's 2023. by Mason9: 12:03pm On Jul 04, 2023
Milwaukee is another trusted brand known for its reliable and durable tools. Their electrician's scissors are designed with durability and versatility in mind. Homepage

(1) (Reply)

Atiku: I Will Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness. / Twelve (12) Most Foolish People In Nigeria. / Tinubu's Gafes: Spiritual Incantations, Deliberate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.