Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,961 members, 7,817,818 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

If You Were To Buy Nairaland, What Would You Change After Acquisition? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / If You Were To Buy Nairaland, What Would You Change After Acquisition? (479 Views)

I Want To Buy Nairaland / How Can I Buy Nairaland / How Strong Are Your Passwords? When Last Did You Change Them? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Were To Buy Nairaland, What Would You Change After Acquisition? by donestk(m): 10:09am On Jan 01, 2023
For me, I will embark on a campaign to increase sign up across Nigeria esp the northern region.
Re: If You Were To Buy Nairaland, What Would You Change After Acquisition? by February30(m): 12:29am On Jan 02, 2023
Nothing!!!!

Nairaland is perfect for it's time.
Re: If You Were To Buy Nairaland, What Would You Change After Acquisition? by Crystalom5: 4:48pm On Jan 02, 2023
1. Add a direct messaging feature like normal chatting

2. Add normal emoji. The current emoji system is quite stressful

3. Add automatic payment gateway for advertisers

4. I'll probably create an escrow system for transactions. Mostly not built into the forum but as a separate platform dubbed as nairaland official escrow. Too much scam going on here and somehow I feel I'll be responsible.

5. Make the front page a bit more automated especially around midnight. The internet doesn't sleep yet nairaland closes by 12pm.

6. Start tying user's registration to phone numbers. This way if you are banned, you will most likely remained banned. This is probably the best way to combat tribalism here.

7. Add a currency system for smooth business between members. I mean every day hundreds of business deals are done here, why let them take it off the platform?

8. I'd say add an upvote button so people can easily get to see the best comment but it is too easy to rig.

9. Improve the search button. This should have come up first. The search button really need a good rework. It's currently almost useless.

10. I'll start sending weekly newsletters. Containing some of the best content of the week or day. Some people don't check in frequently, so the newsletter can easily bring them back.

So many points to improve. But I like the look and feel of the forum. Easy and super fast.

3 Likes

Re: If You Were To Buy Nairaland, What Would You Change After Acquisition? by MiaBeer(m): 12:33am On Jan 03, 2023
Wow. Make I park and learn.
Re: If You Were To Buy Nairaland, What Would You Change After Acquisition? by Richnero(m): 9:38am On Jan 03, 2023
Crystalom5:
1. Add a direct messaging feature like normal chatting

2. Add normal emoji. The current emoji system is quite stressful

3. Add automatic payment gateway for advertisers

4. I'll probably create an escrow system for transactions. Mostly not built into the forum but as a separate platform dubbed as nairaland official escrow. Too much scam going on here and somehow I feel I'll be responsible.

5. Make the front page a bit more automated especially around midnight. The internet doesn't sleep yet nairaland closes by 12pm.

6. Start tying user's registration to phone numbers. This way if you are banned, you will most likely remained banned. This is probably the best way to combat tribalism here.

7. Add a currency system for smooth business between members. I mean every day hundreds of business deals are done here, why let them take it off the platform?

8. I'd say add an upvote button so people can easily get to see the best comment but it is too easy to rig.

9. Improve the search button. This should have come up first. The search button really need a good rework. It's currently almost useless.

10. I'll start sending weekly newsletters. Containing some of the best content of the week or day. Some people don't check in frequently, so the newsletter can easily bring them back.

So many points to improve. But I like the look and feel of the forum. Easy and super fast.
Seun should definitely see this.
Boss, normally, you should charge for this info.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Latest Online Banking Script / Get A Professional Website For Just 15,000 Naira / Bestwebsite Designer Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.