Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

In 2023 Become Rich Farming Rabbit For Meat And Pet. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / In 2023 Become Rich Farming Rabbit For Meat And Pet. (1209 Views)

In 2023 Become Rich Farming Rabbit For Meat And Pet. / Raising Cockerels For Meat. An Economically Feasible Venture? / Best Chicken Breeds For Meat & Eggs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In 2023 Become Rich Farming Rabbit For Meat And Pet. by Nature12: 7:35am On Jan 02, 2023
Rabbit farming is mostly not looked at by farmers and it's a good thing for you and me let's use this year to boost our income.

I needed to know about rabbit farming before trying to convince anyone to join and so far it's been really great.

I started rabbit farming in March 2022 with an American chinchilla doe and a palomino buck.
I was surprised to wake up to first litters exactly 23 of April exact day I got the doe and buck. They looked like rat and soon after 10 days there eyes open and so fast they were grown and running every where at 21 days old, at day 32 of there life there mom gave birth again. I wasn't expecting that so i separated them from her and put them up for sale at a local fowl feed store close to me. First day at the shop people were just asking what it was and second day I sold all making more than what I used to buy both parents.
The fun begun.
I was impressed and wanted to know more about them so I started researching and linking up with farmers far and near.
By ending of June I had another set of kits and I decided to separate the male from the female. So I sold out her 4 weaners that was left from her second delivery she lost 5 out of 9 she gave birth to.
So I sold out the four left and purchase iron mesh for building cage. I finished the cage and seperated the mum and the buck.

I was producing selling and buying better breeds to increase my farm and it worked for me I have sold out the buck and doe I started with I now have 25 room cages and automatic water and feeding system. With 5 does to liter this week.

The story from here for me has been very interesting. Now I sell hybrid rabbits as I have improved the breeds in my farm to good quality breeds that grow fast in 3 months for meat and lots of different breeds for pets too
I now supply to pet shops and also to market butchers that sell goat meat too. And even sell rabbit to far away Jos, Abuja, Enugu, imo, Akure, and my PH people.

I know 2023 would be better as I plan to produce more meat rabbit because I don't meet demand for that and it makes the butcher guys not happy. According to him people like to buy the skinned rabbit meat with the goat meat.

I'll be written more under these as it goes if I have the chance to but I thought to motivate someone to start making money this year, I call them my blood money because u spend very little feeding them on grass hay and pellets and gain so much.

And I had delicious Rabbit meat for the holidays

Peace.

I'm currently creating a supply chain for meat Rabbit Farmers so pls do well to reach me if you are a farmer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In 2023 Become Rich Farming Rabbit For Meat And Pet. by Betterworld001: 12:21am On Jan 03, 2023
How Una dey take hold am comot for cage, because I heard it can bite off fingers?

1 Like

Re: In 2023 Become Rich Farming Rabbit For Meat And Pet. by Redman44(m): 1:48am On Jan 03, 2023
Betterworld001:
How Una dey take hold am comot for cage, because I heard it can bite off fingers?

Haha grin grin That is not true. Just pick it from the back and that is it. Rabbits bite when they are frightened. Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: In 2023 Become Rich Farming Rabbit For Meat And Pet. by uzhiyeka(m): 11:53pm On Jan 03, 2023
I have more than 40 rabbits but lost tham due to fire accident,. I was hospitalized. Planing to start again sooner or later
Re: In 2023 Become Rich Farming Rabbit For Meat And Pet. by greenmonk: 12:32am On Jan 04, 2023
uzhiyeka:
I have more than 40 rabbits but lost tham due to fire accident,. I was hospitalized. Planing to start again sooner or later
Sorry for your setback would have been a great endeavour
Re: In 2023 Become Rich Farming Rabbit For Meat And Pet. by mustybay(m): 5:23am On Jan 04, 2023
Pls did you construct the cages your self? And cn you share the pictures here? Which state do you reside should Incase I wanna transact?
Re: In 2023 Become Rich Farming Rabbit For Meat And Pet. by Nature12: 3:06pm On Feb 06, 2023
mustybay:
Pls did you construct the cages your self? And cn you share the pictures here? Which state do you reside should Incase I wanna transact?

I make the cages myself and I'm in port Harcourt Rivers state

1 Like

Re: In 2023 Become Rich Farming Rabbit For Meat And Pet. by Nature12: 3:06pm On Feb 06, 2023
uzhiyeka:

So sorry for your loss where's your location?
Re: In 2023 Become Rich Farming Rabbit For Meat And Pet. by uzhiyeka(m): 5:35pm On Feb 06, 2023
Nature12:

Port Harcourt. Airport Road Rumagholu

1 Like

Re: In 2023 Become Rich Farming Rabbit For Meat And Pet. by uzhiyeka(m): 6:08pm On Feb 06, 2023
Nature12:

Nature12:

Am in port Harcourt. Sar Road Rumagholu
Re: In 2023 Become Rich Farming Rabbit For Meat And Pet. by JustCryptos: 5:38am On Feb 07, 2023
Nature12:

I want drinkers, I'm also in PH, funny enough.
I had nearly 30 last year, my dogs ate every one of them. I've sold my dogs and restarted, mainly for meat and fertilizer.

1 Like

Re: In 2023 Become Rich Farming Rabbit For Meat And Pet. by JustCryptos: 5:43am On Feb 07, 2023
Behold these beauties

Re: In 2023 Become Rich Farming Rabbit For Meat And Pet. by yemmit90: 9:18pm On Feb 07, 2023
Redman44:

Haha grin grin That is not true. Just pick it from the back and that is it. Rabbits bite when they are frightened. Cheers.

I think they should've bite me many times if they do o, because I beat and throw them like stone whenever I see them outside their camped segment. Got 4 of them early January and camp them inside pen with strong nets. These guys has destroyed anything on sight including all slippers using in the pen, solar cables, and sprayers bets. They will always find their way outside the net whenever no one is there.

They don't seem growing in my eyes sef despite placing them on New hope professional feed and Moringa leafs. What else can I give them to grow fast and start producing young ones. Do they do well in the cage than giving them enough space on the floor?

1 Like

Re: In 2023 Become Rich Farming Rabbit For Meat And Pet. by Gavorche: 6:36am On Mar 12, 2023
Hello op do you have any WhatsApp group for rabbit farmers as I plan to start too
Re: In 2023 Become Rich Farming Rabbit For Meat And Pet. by Exoticrabbits(m): 1:45am On May 06, 2023
Lovely Rabbits
We have the following breeds on our Rabbit farm: American Chinchillas, American Sable, Harlequin, Angora, California, Agouti, Florida white, New Zealand, Dutch.
Re: In 2023 Become Rich Farming Rabbit For Meat And Pet. by fortunez1(m): 1:52pm On May 06, 2023
How much do you sale at maturity

(1) (Reply)

6 Weeks Old Chickens For Sale (2kg) / Rabbit Farming / Agricultural Land In Ibadan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.