Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,062 members, 7,953,227 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:41 PM

D'banj's Hit Single 'oliver Twist' Not Banned - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / D'banj's Hit Single 'oliver Twist' Not Banned (9061 Views)

Gospel Singer, Osinachi Kalu's Husband Says She Was Not Banned By Pastor Chris / Pop Singer Estelle Remixes D'banj's Oliver Twist [listen & Download] / Download Dbanj - Oliver Twist Ft Kanye West Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

D'banj's Hit Single 'oliver Twist' Not Banned by nawaforweo: 10:45pm On Sep 02, 2011
http://ascology.com/news/entertainment/19748-DBanjs-hit-single-Oliver-Twist-not-banned.html

LAGOS, - Recent reports indicating that hit-single 'Oliver Twist' from multi-award winning Mo' Hits and Good Music star D'Banj produced by Don Jazzy was banned was sharply refuted by the NBC today.

"We have no reason to ban any song that has no tendency to cause turmoil, crisis or affects the integrity of persons, individuals, groups or society at large" spokesperson to the National Broadcasting Commission says.

"There are many other rules and regulations which govern airplays on Nigerian broadcasting media and as far as I am concerned the song has not breached any and such reports indicating it was banned are untrue"

It would be recalled that the hit-single 'Oliver Twist' by the famous 'Koko Master' D'banj received wide airplays and credits from critics and fans alike.

It also threw fans into deep comic mood when iconic producer Don Jazzy opened a Youtube competition tagged 'Oliver Twist Video Competition' aimed at showcasing how entertaining fans could be following the success of the just concluded 'Enigma' competition.

The song continued to receive airplays from radio stations across Nigeria as of the time of filing this report with radio stations in Lagos such as EKo FM, Top Radio and Unilag FG among those playing the song continuously to prove how untrue such a rumour is.

In further confirming the authenticity of this story, emails and calls aimed at reaching the NBC's Head of Public Relations Unit Awwalu Salihu were not immediately returned.

Such news would be widely received by practitioners after witnessing songs from artists such as Jahborne, Nkem Owoh, 2Shotz.

However entertainment stakeholders and fans are demanding reasons from the commission on why a song that was receiving wide and deserved airplays suddenly went into eclipse on radio stations.

http://ascology.com/news/entertainment/19748-DBanjs-hit-single-Oliver-Twist-not-banned.html

Na who we go come believe now?
Re: D'banj's Hit Single 'oliver Twist' Not Banned by ajirebi20: 3:17am On Sep 03, 2011
Yoruba men, always ahead of the moafuker Ibos.

Good job my Yoruba man.

E no go better for all you Ibos.
Re: D'banj's Hit Single 'oliver Twist' Not Banned by cold(m): 3:23am On Sep 03, 2011
ajirebi20:

Good job my Yoruba man.
Huh what has this got to do with anything?In any event you do realise the pillar holding D'Banj (Don Jazzy) is Igbo but I digress.@ topic,I think it was banned initially but the NBC quickly recanted following criticisms of their action
Re: D'banj's Hit Single 'oliver Twist' Not Banned by ajirebi20: 3:28am On Sep 03, 2011
cold:

Huh  what has this got to do with anything?In any event you do realise the pillar holding D'Banj (Don Jazzy) is Igbo but I digress.@ topic,I think it was banned initially but the NBC quickly recanted following criticisms of their action

You mean Don jazzy is Dbanj's Yoruba voice? his Yoruba charisma? his Yoruba brain? his Yoruba abs? His Yoruba goodlooks? his Yoruba upbringing?

What are you trying to say exactly.

Or do you mean that without Dbanj, Don Jazzy, and by extension the whole of Ndigbo, would starve big time like they did 40 years ago because of another Yoruba mans' fast thinking?
Re: D'banj's Hit Single 'oliver Twist' Not Banned by mbanusick(m): 3:30am On Sep 03, 2011
Why is someone turning this into a tribal war,

Re: D'banj's Hit Single 'oliver Twist' Not Banned by sweeti14(f): 3:31am On Sep 03, 2011
ajirebi20:

Good job my Yoruba man.

Did you seriously have to bring tribe into this? . . . . . . completely off point undecided
Re: D'banj's Hit Single 'oliver Twist' Not Banned by cold(m): 3:32am On Sep 03, 2011
mbanusick:

Simply ignore them,There's no point really
Re: D'banj's Hit Single 'oliver Twist' Not Banned by ajirebi20: 3:36am On Sep 03, 2011
sweeti14:

Did you seriously have to bring tribe into this? . . . . . . completely off point undecided

For you. For me, it is completely on point.

Perspectives, baby!
Re: D'banj's Hit Single 'oliver Twist' Not Banned by ajirebi20: 3:38am On Sep 03, 2011
mbanusick:

because life is one big tribal warfare. You either kill or be killed.

Don't hate the player, GET PHOCKING EVEN! lol smiley
Re: D'banj's Hit Single 'oliver Twist' Not Banned by tpia5: 3:39am On Sep 03, 2011
anytime you see a new user with mentally unbalanced posts, its usually fstranger masquerading with different monikers.

if you dont know who that is, search the user id.

blazay usually isnt far behind him- they come online around the same time.
Re: D'banj's Hit Single 'oliver Twist' Not Banned by tpia5: 3:39am On Sep 03, 2011
@ topic

seems like a publicity stunt to me.

until proven otherwise.
Re: D'banj's Hit Single 'oliver Twist' Not Banned by ajirebi20: 3:40am On Sep 03, 2011
tpia@:

anytime you see a new user with mentally unbalanced posts, its usually fstranger.

if you dont know who that is, search the user id.

blazay usually isnt far behind him- they come online around the same time.

You dont want to start with me tonight. Just mind ya business byytch with stinking puzzy
Re: D'banj's Hit Single 'oliver Twist' Not Banned by cold(m): 3:41am On Sep 03, 2011
@ajirebi,have you run out of the stranger series,premechaz etc etc?
Re: D'banj's Hit Single 'oliver Twist' Not Banned by Smi1(m): 3:55am On Sep 03, 2011
ajirebi20:

You dont want to start with me tonight. Just mind ya business byytch with stinking puzzy

You lacking some good manners , or are your parent's just like that too ?
Re: D'banj's Hit Single 'oliver Twist' Not Banned by sexy74(m): 3:59am On Sep 03, 2011
@ ajirebi
Hope u did not just escape from yaba, learnt that someone escaped and is been looked for.
If you have a system or China black berry & u can mange to write does not give you the liberty to insult people.
Please go back to where you belong, YABA
Re: D'banj's Hit Single 'oliver Twist' Not Banned by ajirebi20: 3:59am On Sep 03, 2011
S@mi:

You lacking some good manners , or are your parent's just like that too  ?

You have no common sense. Oh well, the apple rarely falls far from the tree.
Re: D'banj's Hit Single 'oliver Twist' Not Banned by sexy74(m): 4:00am On Sep 03, 2011
@ ajirebi
Hope u did not just escape from yaba, learnt that someone escaped and is been looked for.
If you have a system or China black berry & u can mange to write does not give you the liberty to insult people.
Please go back to where you belong, YABA
Re: D'banj's Hit Single 'oliver Twist' Not Banned by ajirebi20: 4:01am On Sep 03, 2011
sexy74:

@ ajirebi
Please go back to where you belong,  YABA

I will go back, after you return your Ibo mother to Yaba. She keeps my dyyck engaged. I like sticking it in the same place you came out from.
Re: D'banj's Hit Single 'oliver Twist' Not Banned by sexy74(m): 4:18am On Sep 03, 2011
[/quote][quote author=ajirebi20 link=topic=750652.msg9067083#msg9067083 date=1315018889]

I will go back, after you return your Ibo mother to Yaba. She keeps my dyyck engaged. I like sticking it in the same place you came out from.

I understand your plight and I will not argue with you. Hope your parent does not have two of you because you are a liability to your family, community and nigeria ate large.
Re: D'banj's Hit Single 'oliver Twist' Not Banned by Nobody: 5:06am On Sep 03, 2011
what the hell is happening on this site,na wah o
Re: D'banj's Hit Single 'oliver Twist' Not Banned by dabrake(m): 5:16am On Sep 03, 2011
i
ajirebi20:

Good job my Yoruba man.

dah! i swear. ur d undisputed champion in d league of 'retardedness'
Re: D'banj's Hit Single 'oliver Twist' Not Banned by Roland17(m): 5:28am On Sep 03, 2011
All these new users and their silly posts sha,
Re: D'banj's Hit Single 'oliver Twist' Not Banned by Ryabcool(m): 5:41am On Sep 03, 2011
mbanusick:

shocked i tire for the dude o, even i am a yoruba dude and i'm ashamed of his actions, we're peaceful people except for the few mentally unbalanced ones with whom their mothers got raped by tree branches b4 giving birth to these rejects who come to soil our name
Re: D'banj's Hit Single 'oliver Twist' Not Banned by sunnymimo(m): 5:45am On Sep 03, 2011
@Ajirebi.This is a mature forum,try and post something sensible.Yoruba's are genius not Retards
Re: D'banj's Hit Single 'oliver Twist' Not Banned by decogrin(m): 6:05am On Sep 03, 2011
Why should anyone dignify ajirebi with a comment??he wants to be noticed,and he's got it, what else?? His name says it all,
Re: D'banj's Hit Single 'oliver Twist' Not Banned by Roland17(m): 6:14am On Sep 03, 2011
Ryabcool:

shocked i tire for the dude o,  even i am a yoruba dude and i'm ashamed of his actions,  we're peaceful people except for the few mentally unbalanced ones with whom their mothers got violated by tree branches b4 giving birth to these rejects who come to soil our name

Pls don't blame him, afterall "A mad man is never ashamed of his actions especially in public, it's his family and friends that suffer the shame"
Re: D'banj's Hit Single 'oliver Twist' Not Banned by emekatimsu(m): 7:51am On Sep 03, 2011
dabrake:

idah! i swear. your d undisputed champion in d league of 'retardedness'
dont mind d fool, he is only seeking for cheap attention, and i hope he is getting it. Retarded outcast in the yorubaland.
Re: D'banj's Hit Single 'oliver Twist' Not Banned by KnowAll(m): 8:40am On Sep 03, 2011
I can bet my life the retraction was hedge on a "Presidential Fiat" we must not forget D Banj interviewed JEG just b4 the elections and JEG sometime ago donated N200 million towards the entertainment industry. So I smell some stringent " orders from above on NBC". cool
Re: D'banj's Hit Single 'oliver Twist' Not Banned by coolestboy(m): 8:43am On Sep 03, 2011
Roland17:

Pls don't blame him, afterall "A mad man is never ashamed of his actions especially in public, it's his family and friends that suffer the shame"

Dont mind him, as his name connotes i tink he fell off from bike somedays ago. AJIREBI or wat do u cal urself, its beta u go back 2 where u are coming from (YABA) bcs dis is a matured site 4 d matured peoples.
U av only came here 2 humiliate n downgrade d yorubas. OMO ALE (BASTARD)
Re: D'banj's Hit Single 'oliver Twist' Not Banned by coolestboy(m): 8:47am On Sep 03, 2011
Roland17:

Dont mind him, as his name connotes i tink he fell off from bike somedays ago. AJIREBI or wat do u cal urself, its beta u go back 2 where u are coming from (YABA) bcs dis is a matured site 4 d matured peoples.
U av only came here 2 humiliate n downgrade d yorubas. OMO ALE (BASTARD)
Re: D'banj's Hit Single 'oliver Twist' Not Banned by Obieman: 8:49am On Sep 03, 2011
tpia@:

@ topic

until proven otherwise.
, Publicity stunt ke!!! 4a song d@ has bin recievin massive airplay since radio N club Dj's put their hands onit.It doesnt nid any hype 2boost its sales.
tpia@:

@ topic

until proven otherwise.
, Publicity stunt ke!!! 4a song d@ has bin recievin massive airplay since radio N club Dj's put their hands onit.It doesnt nid any hype 2boost its sales.
Re: D'banj's Hit Single 'oliver Twist' Not Banned by goggs(m): 10:12am On Sep 03, 2011
All these Neander.thals are at it. shocked shocked

Primordial tribalist. Everything in that narrow jaundiced view. I hail una! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nollywood Actress Genevieve Nnaji In Big Fight With Ex Husband,see What Happened / PMAN Governor, Collins Adeyemi Celebrated At Rotary Event In Abuja (PHOTOS) / Real Marlians Don’t Wear Pant Fans Blast Toke Makinwa As She Share New Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.