Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,038 members, 7,866,930 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 08:24 AM

Obasanjo Has Crashed Atiku, Tinubu’s Presidential Bid With Obi’s Endorsement - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Has Crashed Atiku, Tinubu’s Presidential Bid With Obi’s Endorsement (979 Views)

Obi’s Endorsement: You Can’t Speak For Us, Yoruba, Afenifere Tells Akeredolu / Afenifere Justifies Obi’s Endorsement, Tinubu’s Team Fumes / Taiwo: Obasanjo Has Hired Assassins To Kill Me For Supporting Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Has Crashed Atiku, Tinubu’s Presidential Bid With Obi’s Endorsement by jlinkd78(m): 4:34pm On Jan 02, 2023
Noted
Re: Obasanjo Has Crashed Atiku, Tinubu’s Presidential Bid With Obi’s Endorsement by FreedomfromtheT: 4:34pm On Jan 02, 2023
ElSudani:
Obasanjo has only one vote, can't even influence his immediate constituency.
President Obasanjo has national and international influence. That is why his simple endorsement of Peter Obi is shaking the whole country.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Has Crashed Atiku, Tinubu’s Presidential Bid With Obi’s Endorsement by NothingDoMe: 4:35pm On Jan 02, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:

Celebrate the emergence of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu in advance.
Never!

The looting will be unprecedented. Never before seen or heard in all the history of Nigeria.
Re: Obasanjo Has Crashed Atiku, Tinubu’s Presidential Bid With Obi’s Endorsement by NothingDoMe: 4:35pm On Jan 02, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:
President Obasanjo has national and international influence. That is why his simple endorsement of Peter Obi is shaking the whole country.
They know and they are trying to downplay it with their agbado media wonderland.
Re: Obasanjo Has Crashed Atiku, Tinubu’s Presidential Bid With Obi’s Endorsement by famouscargo4u: 4:35pm On Jan 02, 2023
Obasanjo has no electoral value, he can't even guarantee any senator or rep.
Re: Obasanjo Has Crashed Atiku, Tinubu’s Presidential Bid With Obi’s Endorsement by FreedomfromtheT: 4:37pm On Jan 02, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:

Obasanjo is a respected statesman, Visiting him is just cosmetics. It has little to no advantage!

If you are conversant with politics, you should know!

Obasanjo cannot deliver 5,000 votes right inside Ogun State
Why then was speaker Femi Gbajabiamila celebrating Obasanjo's endorsement that never happened as though it is synonimous with presidential election victory?
Re: Obasanjo Has Crashed Atiku, Tinubu’s Presidential Bid With Obi’s Endorsement by FreedomfromtheT: 4:39pm On Jan 02, 2023
famouscargo4u:
Obasanjo has no electoral value, he can't even guarantee any senator or rep.
Why then
has Nigeria been shaking since Obasanjo's endorsement of Peter Obi?
Re: Obasanjo Has Crashed Atiku, Tinubu’s Presidential Bid With Obi’s Endorsement by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jan 02, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:
Why then was speaker Femi Gbajabiamila celebrating Obasanjo's endorsement that never happened as though it is synonimous with presidential election victory?

They are cosmetic endorsements. It’s valid in politics. Just to make people feel you have approval from the predecessors.

Femi was contesting in Lagos, what will OBJ’s endorsement do for him? Can you imagine one? Those moves are called cosmetics!

On the drawing board!m, Alake of Egba land is still more of a political asset than OBJ
Re: Obasanjo Has Crashed Atiku, Tinubu’s Presidential Bid With Obi’s Endorsement by Meagainstthem: 4:50pm On Jan 02, 2023
Nyamiri and stupidity nah 5 & 6
Re: Obasanjo Has Crashed Atiku, Tinubu’s Presidential Bid With Obi’s Endorsement by StarFist(m): 4:50pm On Jan 02, 2023
Re: Obasanjo Has Crashed Atiku, Tinubu’s Presidential Bid With Obi’s Endorsement by FreedomfromtheT: 4:55pm On Jan 02, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:

They are cosmetic endorsements. It’s valid in politics. Just to make people feel you have approval from the predecessors.

Femi was contesting in Lagos, what will OBJ’s endorsement do for him? Can you imagine one? Those moves are called cosmetics!

On the drawing board!m, Alake of Egba land is still more of a political asset than OBJ
Speaker Femi Gbajabiamila was part of Tinubu's entourage that visited president Obasanjo for endorsement and he falsely celebrated afterwards that Obasanjo had endorsed Tinubu. That false celebration means that Obasanjo's endorsement is very vital in Nigeria's presidential election.
Re: Obasanjo Has Crashed Atiku, Tinubu’s Presidential Bid With Obi’s Endorsement by Penguin2: 4:57pm On Jan 02, 2023
SlavaUkraini:
Good endorsement from a good man...

The only president in this Democratic dispensation that delivered true dividends of democracy to Nigerians...

But the thing is....

Peter Obi with all his good intentions, will still not win this election...

It takes more than one "Olusegun Obasanjo endorsement" for any candidate to win election in Nigeria..

I Repeat for the sake of Emphasis....

An Igbo Man Will only be President of Nigeria when it Nationally accepted, supported and agreed on by all geopolitical zones ...

That time is coming...

The Ruling party then will Micro Zone their search for a Presidential candidate to the South East only.......

It will be clear to all and sundry then that the time of the South East had truly come...

I like Peter Obi and most especially the Igbo people...

But...

It is so disheartening and sad to know that Peter Obi and his loyal supporters will labour in vain this new year...

But the Time of the South East is coming.

All the impossibilities you are seeing are only in your head and nowhere else.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery and you will see that nothing, absolutely nothing, stops anyone from thumb-printing for Peter Obi on Election Day.
Re: Obasanjo Has Crashed Atiku, Tinubu’s Presidential Bid With Obi’s Endorsement by FreedomfromtheT: 4:58pm On Jan 02, 2023
StarFist:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/289774-breaking-2019-obasanjo-forgives-atiku-endorses-him-for-president.html

https://www.channelstv.com/2018/10/11/breaking-obasanjo-endorses-atiku-ahead-of-2019/

Make I refresh your mind Incase you're not student of history.
Obasanjo had earlier endorsed
1. Late former president Umar Musa Yar'adua in 2007 and he won,
2. Former president Goodluck Jonathan in 2011 and he won,
3. Incubent president Muhammadu Buhari in 2015 and he won.
Re: Obasanjo Has Crashed Atiku, Tinubu’s Presidential Bid With Obi’s Endorsement by ganisucks(f): 4:59pm On Jan 02, 2023
Re: Obasanjo Has Crashed Atiku, Tinubu’s Presidential Bid With Obi’s Endorsement by SlavaUkraini: 5:11pm On Jan 02, 2023
Penguin2:

All the impossibilities you are seeing are only in your head and nowhere else.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery and you will see that nothing, absolutely nothing, stops anyone from thumb-printing for Peter Obi on Election Day.

Nairaland Bob Marley...

Happy New year...

We have had this discussion before and I will not repeat it again...

In less than 60 days time,

Remind me with the statement "I told you so"

If Peter Obi wins this election, I will credit your account with money that you can donate to any charity organisation of your choice..

I have seen and observed the Nigerian political landscape and can tell you Authoritatively that an Igbo presidency is only possible when it is Nationally accepted and agreed upon..

The hatred, envy and lack of Trust for the Igbo Nation Is still engrained in our national conscience...

Especially in the hearts of the elderly electorates that witnessed the civil war.

Until these roadblocks and hindrances are removed and overlooked,

There would be no widespread support for any Igbo candidate to win the presidency in Nigeria...

I can also tell you Authoritatively that the time for a President of South East extraction is not far

But it is not this time around
Re: Obasanjo Has Crashed Atiku, Tinubu’s Presidential Bid With Obi’s Endorsement by famouscargo4u: 5:16pm On Jan 02, 2023
FreedomfromtheT:
Why then
has Nigeria been shaking since Obasanjo's endorsement of Peter Obi?

Only those who overrate OBJ will fret on the endorsement.
Re: Obasanjo Has Crashed Atiku, Tinubu’s Presidential Bid With Obi’s Endorsement by Penguin2: 5:41pm On Jan 02, 2023
SlavaUkraini:

Nairaland Bob Marley...

Happy New year...

We have had this discussion before and I will not repeat it again...

In less than 60 days time,

Remind me with the statement "I told you so"

If Peter Obi wins this election, I will credit your account with money that you can donate to any charity organisation of your choice..

I have seen and observed the Nigerian political landscape and can tell you Authoritatively that an Igbo presidency is only possible when it is Nationally accepted and agreed upon..

The hatred, envy and lack of Trust for the Igbo Nation Is still engrained in our national conscience...

Especially in the hearts of the elderly electorates that witnessed the civil war.

Until these roadblocks and hindrances are removed and overlooked,

There would be no widespread support for any Igbo candidate to win the presidency in Nigeria...

I can also tell you Authoritatively that the time for a President of South East extraction is not far

But it is not this time around

There’s no need to go back and forth with you since February is already here….

But I just want to quickly remind you that young people of 18-35 makeup almost 70% of registered voters.

Another significant percentage is made up of people of 35-45 age grade.

Now, these are people that do not harbour whatever ethnic mistrust and hatred against the Igbos that you referenced. Obasanjo knows this much and that’s why his letter is addressed to that demography.

Ask yourself a simple question my friend…

Who will southeast vote for?

Who will Southsouth vote for?

Who will Christians in North Central vote for?

Who will come second behind Tinubu in Southwest?

Then you put into the cognizance that Northwest will be shared between Atiku, Kwankwaso and Tinubu.

Similarly, Northeast will be shared between Atiku, Tinubu, Kwankwaso and (surprisingly) Obi.

When you are done considering these practical projections, you will realize that the limitations you see to Obi presidency exists only in your mind.
Re: Obasanjo Has Crashed Atiku, Tinubu’s Presidential Bid With Obi’s Endorsement by Shikini: 5:43pm On Jan 02, 2023
Great
Re: Obasanjo Has Crashed Atiku, Tinubu’s Presidential Bid With Obi’s Endorsement by SlavaUkraini: 5:49pm On Jan 02, 2023
Penguin2:

There’s no need to go back and forth with you since February is already here….

But I just want to quickly remind you that young people of 18-35 makeup almost 70% of registered voters.

Another significant percentage is made up of people of 35-45 age grade.

Now, these are people that do not harbour whatever ethnic mistrust and hatred against the Igbos that you referenced. Obasanjo knows this much and that’s why his letter is addressed to that demography.

Ask yourself a simple question my friend…

Who will southeast vote for?

Who will Southsouth vote for?

Who will Christians in North Central vote for?

Who will come second behind Tinubu in Southwest?

Then you put into the cognizance that Northwest will be shared between Atiku, Kwankwaso and Tinubu.

Similarly, Northeast will be shared between Atiku, Tinubu, Kwankwaso and (surprisingly) Obi.

When you are done considering these practical projections, you will realize that the limitations you see to Obi presidency exists only in your mind.

Ok noted

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu/obi Must Align To Give South A Better Chance.don't Repeat 2015 Mistake / If Obi Does Not Step Down By Tomorrow Disgrace Await Him / Breaking: Obi Is A Boy, Jagaban Na Person, Portable Sings In New Single

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.