Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,951 members, 7,835,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

Visibly Underage Persons Who Attempt To Vote Will Be Arrested, Says INEC - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Visibly Underage Persons Who Attempt To Vote Will Be Arrested, Says INEC (11796 Views)

INEC To Nigerians: Help Us Identify Underage Persons On Voters’ Register / Underage Voters And Their Sponsors Will Be Arrested, Says INEC / Amaechi, Osinbajo And Other APC Leaders Looking Visibly Defeated At APC Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Visibly Underage Persons Who Attempt To Vote Will Be Arrested, Says INEC by ComeToJesus: 6:16pm On Jan 02, 2023
lhordspy:

https://www.thecable.ng/visibly-underage-persons-who-attempt-to-vote-will-be-arrested-says-inec/amp

What if he has three wives, 9 children and 14 cows, will he still be arrested?
Re: Visibly Underage Persons Who Attempt To Vote Will Be Arrested, Says INEC by DanAugust2021: 6:18pm On Jan 02, 2023
Racoon:
Yes! Nice one! First expunge these category of illegal voters from INEC voters data base. Then arrest and prosecute aĺl your officials involved in their illegal registration. Then watch out for them during the election.
Re: Visibly Underage Persons Who Attempt To Vote Will Be Arrested, Says INEC by BigYash: 6:20pm On Jan 02, 2023
Righthussle:
Stop talking rubbish and remove them from the register.
Simple solution my gee.. Let them be fooling themselves there.They can’t arrest underage voters in the north,except its south,east and west.. The northerners are above the law ..
Re: Visibly Underage Persons Who Attempt To Vote Will Be Arrested, Says INEC by opera1(m): 6:23pm On Jan 02, 2023
Not possible in the Northern part Nigeria in as much as you find it difficult to De-register them.
Re: Visibly Underage Persons Who Attempt To Vote Will Be Arrested, Says INEC by chatinent: 6:23pm On Jan 02, 2023
The same officials who registered them again for 2023 will now be the ones arresting them?

1 Like

Re: Visibly Underage Persons Who Attempt To Vote Will Be Arrested, Says INEC by Zorn: 6:25pm On Jan 02, 2023
lhordspy:
Nice one from INEC.

The menace have to stop. I remember how the PDP controlled government made use of these political tools in the deep North and SouthEast in 2003, 2007, and especially 2011. Where states like Abia, Anambra, Imo pulled over 1million + votes for PDP.

Now we have started seeing traces of it again this time around, orchestrated by a political clown that crossover from PDP to Labour party of recent.
dey play
Re: Visibly Underage Persons Who Attempt To Vote Will Be Arrested, Says INEC by Sheggy13(m): 6:42pm On Jan 02, 2023
pedrilo:
I'm not impressed.
Remove them from your register.
It's not so hard.
Dont pass the buck to the police for failing to arrest them cos those ones r not well.
It's not as easy as you have said it. Physical looks alone is not enough to disenfranchise someone, it could trigger unplanned legai issues. You have to be able to prove beyond reasonable doubts. Some may be midgets like Aki and Pawpaw and not necessarily kids. This sort of problem would have been solved effortlessly if Nigeria were to be a developed country where the biometric birth registration is compulsory for all kids born in the country.
Re: Visibly Underage Persons Who Attempt To Vote Will Be Arrested, Says INEC by faithfull18(f): 6:54pm On Jan 02, 2023
Please do more than you talk this year.
Re: Visibly Underage Persons Who Attempt To Vote Will Be Arrested, Says INEC by mum2bsoon: 7:08pm On Jan 02, 2023
In the south right?
Yeye
Re: Visibly Underage Persons Who Attempt To Vote Will Be Arrested, Says INEC by Deepthoughts: 7:17pm On Jan 02, 2023
lhordspy:

https://www.thecable.ng/visibly-underage-persons-who-attempt-to-vote-will-be-arrested-says-inec/amp

This one na story, arrest under age voters for north?,why didn't INEC stop them from registering in the first place?,let INEC just concentrate on making sure that only registered voters vote with the vite results from the polling units transmitted electronically to INEC result portal to checkmate manual manipulations that's all.

1 Like

Re: Visibly Underage Persons Who Attempt To Vote Will Be Arrested, Says INEC by ceejay80s(m): 7:24pm On Jan 02, 2023
lhordspy:
Nice one from INEC.

The menace have to stop. I remember how the PDP controlled government made use of these political tools in the deep North and SouthEast in 2003, 2007, and especially 2011. Where states like Abia, Anambra, Imo pulled over 1million + votes for PDP.

Now we have started seeing traces of it again this time around, orchestrated by a political clown that crossover from PDP to Labour party of recent.
Guy Na dustbin full ur mouth, u talk trash too much
Re: Visibly Underage Persons Who Attempt To Vote Will Be Arrested, Says INEC by Mrpojj(m): 7:25pm On Jan 02, 2023
lhordspy:
Nice one from INEC.

Help your life oga
Your kids wont be proud of this
U are going astray
Re: Visibly Underage Persons Who Attempt To Vote Will Be Arrested, Says INEC by lhordspy: 7:31pm On Jan 02, 2023
Mrpojj:

Help your life oga
Your kids wont be proud of this
U are going astray

Explain sir.
Re: Visibly Underage Persons Who Attempt To Vote Will Be Arrested, Says INEC by lhordspy: 7:31pm On Jan 02, 2023
ceejay80s:

Guy Na dustbin full ur mouth, u talk trash too much

Explain.
Re: Visibly Underage Persons Who Attempt To Vote Will Be Arrested, Says INEC by DaveHarry(m): 7:38pm On Jan 02, 2023
Only in the South....never in the north!
Re: Visibly Underage Persons Who Attempt To Vote Will Be Arrested, Says INEC by spinna: 7:44pm On Jan 02, 2023
Why didn't you arrest them when they came to register

1 Like

Re: Visibly Underage Persons Who Attempt To Vote Will Be Arrested, Says INEC by ceejay80s(m): 7:48pm On Jan 02, 2023
lhordspy:

Explain.
Blabablububulalablablablu...
Hope you understand
Re: Visibly Underage Persons Who Attempt To Vote Will Be Arrested, Says INEC by brainint: 8:05pm On Jan 02, 2023
INEC should delete all underage voters from their register and publish it for public scrutiny.

Arresting underage voters on election day might not work.

Delete them from the register

1 Like

Re: Visibly Underage Persons Who Attempt To Vote Will Be Arrested, Says INEC by CaptainFM1: 8:14pm On Jan 02, 2023
There's a problem here..... Someone could look underage but actually over the voting age.
What happens to all the data's collected over the years?
Re: Visibly Underage Persons Who Attempt To Vote Will Be Arrested, Says INEC by Ibman: 8:41pm On Jan 02, 2023
Story story!!!!! Storyyyyyyyyyyy
It won't happen in the north maybe in the east.
Re: Visibly Underage Persons Who Attempt To Vote Will Be Arrested, Says INEC by Mayor101010(m): 9:45pm On Jan 02, 2023
Tribalism has eaten deep into your brain! You and your co urchins need psychiatric evaluation.
lhordspy:
Nice one from INEC.

Re: Visibly Underage Persons Who Attempt To Vote Will Be Arrested, Says INEC by OmoOshodi(m): 10:54pm On Jan 02, 2023
Incomplete statement.....

....in the Southern Nigeria.

We know dem no born you well to prevent Almajiri from exercising their birth rights

Re: Visibly Underage Persons Who Attempt To Vote Will Be Arrested, Says INEC by Apcibro: 10:56pm On Jan 02, 2023
I commend INEC for this because as a registered member of a party I can assure you that this is the plan the big party’s have. I am a registered member of APC In one of the wards in Abuja and I can tell you with my FULL CHEST that voting in Tinubu will mean Christians in Nigeria will be completely silenced and bullied,Christians will SUFFER DEARLY..Even within our party APC I won’t mention the ward but I am telling you that Christians have been excluded completely..as far as you are a Christian you will NOT be included or carried along in ANYTHING..If this is already happening in the party when BAT isn’t even President yet then imagine what the situation will be like if he is voted as the president..

Don’t be deceived by that rubbish talk that his wife is a Christian bla bla bla it’s all just to draw sentiments..

See any Christian that votes for this man will be forever judged by God with his generation. You may think you are getting money from BAT so no problem Abi?let’s see how you will be able to enjoy the money as a slave or servant when Christian’s become irrelevant if he mistakenly becomes president.

I am NOT a paid Agent and I am telling you the plain truth on MY LIFE as it is happening live in APC Abuja..I don’t know of other states sha. But honestly instead of voting for Tinubu I’d rather vote for Atiku,Obi or kwankwaso because these people have the interest of both Christians and Muslims at heart.
Re: Visibly Underage Persons Who Attempt To Vote Will Be Arrested, Says INEC by Nobody: 3:14am On Jan 03, 2023
INEC is my main problem with this election. INEC is tilting towards their employer (APC).

Why will INEC always lie that they have everything under control when they really don't? They first lied to us after a while following the initial alarm was raised by the coalition of opposition parties concerning infiltration of their system with fake voter IDs, that they've cleaned up their system. But it turned out that wasn't true after the millions of underaged voters was revealed.

Maybe they attempted working on it but the system was still far from what it means to be cleansed. But they assured us. Too desperate to be believed when they're not thorough enough to earn it.

Now they're promising to arrest underaged voters as if they're talking to kids. As if we don't know that those PVCs will be collected by unregistered adults working for the highest bidders.

Las las, some of their staff will be bought over and some of their machines will be designated to receiving votes from adult-in-underagedkids identity at one politicians house heavily manned by armed security.

INEC, why aren't you truly cleaning up your system as expected or at least calling for help as a sign that you genuinely want to deliver us the best results?
Re: Visibly Underage Persons Who Attempt To Vote Will Be Arrested, Says INEC by Nobody: 3:20am On Jan 03, 2023
spinna:

Why didn't you arrest them when they came to register

Exactly!!!

This INEC is just not reliable for this job at all
Re: Visibly Underage Persons Who Attempt To Vote Will Be Arrested, Says INEC by Ofunaofu: 5:25am On Jan 03, 2023
lhordspy:
Nice one from INEC.

Is it only in the south east that we underage voter

What about the northern region where it is so prevalent.

It's obvious you created a thread just to wipe up ethnic sentiment which shows that you are an ethnic bigot, a mad man roaming around on Nairaland naked creating numerous stupid threads and comments
Re: Visibly Underage Persons Who Attempt To Vote Will Be Arrested, Says INEC by engrpheleeks(m): 8:09am On Jan 03, 2023
Lobos2277:
I don't think is visible in the Northern part of Nigeria. But if it is visible, it will be a good one. The north is the heaven for underage voters.
Feasible
Re: Visibly Underage Persons Who Attempt To Vote Will Be Arrested, Says INEC by Adefemimoraks(m): 8:29am On Jan 03, 2023
i dont look small now
if this is the reason my card has not been ready since March that I've registered
Re: Visibly Underage Persons Who Attempt To Vote Will Be Arrested, Says INEC by pedrilo: 8:34am On Jan 03, 2023
Sheggy13:

It's not as easy as you have said it. Physical looks alone is not enough to disenfranchise someone, it could trigger unplanned legai issues. You have to be able to prove beyond reasonable doubts. Some may be midgets like Aki and Pawpaw and not necessarily kids. This sort of problem would have been solved effortlessly if Nigeria were to be a developed country where the biometric birth registration is compulsory for all kids born in the country.
it is very easy sir, we know what is happening up north.
forget, kpror for the matter!
Re: Visibly Underage Persons Who Attempt To Vote Will Be Arrested, Says INEC by Emeka71(m): 9:20am On Jan 03, 2023
lhordspy:
Nice one from INEC.

Rubbish and contradictory statement; you have forgotten that the same law does not permit under-aged to be arrested.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Is A Terrorist - Elrufai (pics) / Fayose Left #155.79billion Debt –fayemi / Buhari’ll Fight Corruption Like I Did —guinea President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.